PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Brothers are Prejudice towards Dave?

Wolverine
01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Do you think the sisters especially Alex hold any anti-Semitism on Dave...it sounds harsh, but the real world unfortunately is like that...of course they would never fess up, but deep down inside and behind closed doors who knows what these people truly think???

Tiger Roth
01-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Nope - but as you said, who knows.

Nickdfresh
01-11-2005, 09:11 PM
No. I think the sisters are equal opportunity cunts! They are assholes regardless of race, creed, or color.

rustoffa
01-11-2005, 09:11 PM
It might be a stretch, but if there truly is some sort of underlying anti-semitism regarding Dave, it's like the soup calling the soup-cooler "boot-lipped".

The mere existence of AVH causes shoemakers and closet customizers to react as if they'd seen Mengele.

lms2
01-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Who knows what they think?

I don't think they think... thats alot of the problem. :D

My opinion is, however, that they hold a lot against Dave, but not that.

But hey, you never know.

Fabulous Shadow
01-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I think thet got knocked of their highorse when the fans were not going to accept yet ANOTHER lead singer (Gary) to front the band.
I think they got the message loud and clear when VHIII flopped that people wanted Roth. I think going back to Sam at that point was an easy move because they could win back all the Red Rocker fans and at least pick up a little of the notariety they once had. Now someone told me that it was contracts that kept VH from bringing Dave back this go-round. I heard that VH was forced to do this record with Sam. Any truth in this?

light 'em up!
01-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't think it's anti Semitism. Ed is a washed up drunk in denial with a big fat chip on his shoulder and zero PR skills. I think it's that simple.

I doubt he even knows what the term 'anti Semitic' means.

5150Clown
01-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Nah, not anti-semitism. Just anti-anything that makes sense. Edward Van Halen and his sister are out to kill the momory of the classic Dave Van Halen. Mark my words.

Yeah, contracts kept them from a total reunion, but I tell ya, it was probably from Dave's side cause they probably were gonna give him a crappy deal in the first place so I don't blame him.

Fabulous Shadow
01-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
I don't think it's anti Semitism. Ed is a washed up drunk in denial with a big fat chip on his shoulder and zero PR skills. I think it's that simple.

I doubt he even knows what the term 'anti Semitic' means.

Shit Damn good post. Minus the washed up drunk part. 5 stars!

tomballin
01-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
I think thet got knocked of their highorse when the fans were not going to accept yet ANOTHER lead singer (Gary) to front the band.
I think they got the message loud and clear when VHIII flopped that people wanted Roth. I think going back to Sam at that point was an easy move because they could win back all the Red Rocker fans and at least pick up a little of the notariety they once had. Now someone told me that it was contracts that kept VH from bringing Dave back this go-round. I heard that VH was forced to do this record with Sam. Any truth in this?

>>>Now someone told me that it was contracts that kept VH from bringing Dave back this go-round. I heard that VH was forced to do this record with Sam. Any truth in this?

UNEQUIVOCALLY NO!, that rumor is more Van Sister BS.

However, they didn't want Dave, and his attorney's, around the "business book of records", that's for sure.

Alex VH is the one that blew the whole Van Roth reunion out of the water. Eddie said publicly he would do the Tour with Diamond Dave.

AND, the Van Halen sisters were looking for the quickest way to make a fast buck, because they were worried about their "back catalog" being owned by the new group that bought Warner (Brothers) Music Group. A lot of artists, including Eric Clapton, have the same worries.

Doing a deal with Hagar was an easier gitgo to get the Tour put together on the quick and easy.

house0paincakes
01-11-2005, 10:47 PM
"I heard that VH was forced to do this record with Sam. Any truth in this?"

I thought Warner Bros dropped them for a while?

Wolverine
01-11-2005, 11:08 PM
zero% pr skills...thats the best ever!!

scottydabodi
01-11-2005, 11:37 PM
The brothers are just SO INFURIATED that THEY weren't the reason VH became so famous that it eats at their frickin' egos... they can't STAND the fact that Dave was the driving force behind VH, and that he was more responsible for their ascention to greatness than anyone else... Dave named the band, told them what to wear, told them how to act, told them which riffs to play, arranged the songs, and presented them in an original fashion... so how do the brothers repay him? Slander.
Fuck Drunk Ed, and Douchebag Al. The whole Sam reunion thing was an unbelievable joke... The flop of the past summer is evidence, spoken loud-n-clear, that no one gives a shit about the brothers unless DAVE is around... and maybe that right there is why the VH's are so pissed.

Cathedral
01-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Edward used to be cool, but he turned to tool many many many moons ago.
I think of Edward Van Halen as a rich and famous, no class, lazy, over-emotional, self destructive waste of fame and opportunity.

Retirement is but the only option for them in my eyes, in fact, I'm a retired fan of a once great Giant in music history.

So many greats of the past would have killed for the longevity VH has acquired early in its career, with Dave.
Edward and his brother piss on it at will...what can ya say, They're Dutch.

tomballin
01-12-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by house0paincakes

Not forced to do it with Hagar, but forced to do it for the 04 Tour.

The band was also forced to play more Van Roth songs on the Tour, even though EVH claimed he forgot how to play them "after all these years." I really thought Sir Edward was lying, but I heard through out the Tour that he was practicing all the time to get them down, and sounded like shit a lot of time in practice, and just could not do it on some of the Van Roth songs.

Warner dumped Van Halen in Jan 02, (and was the band’s label from the gitgo) but still owns the “back catelog” of their music. They did a one time deal on the BowWow Great Hits abortion for the 04 Tour, in a deal with the promoter Clear Channel. BowWow was still almost a month late after the start of the Van SpamBoy Tour, one CD was flawed, and the mix sucked. Of course, Eddie V did all the mixing and compiling for the CDs, in between scarfing booze and drugs 24/7 so no wonder they were fucked up.

In minor defense of Van SpamBoy’s, the three new tracks, that sound like a couple of cats fucking, was not what Eddie and the boys wanted. But Warner made them rework their submitted new material to be more popular with the kids, drones like the Linkers, the deaf, and the mentally retarded.

Yes, Eddie and the boys could have said no to Warner on all this, but then Warner could use their songs to sell disposable douche and shit diapers for grandma and grandpaw so…….

Sidenote: …..I still get a kick out of Hagar being so proud of himself that he came up with the words on “Upchuck Your Breakfast” in one day. Geeeeeee, shows the mentality of the damn guy, what a fucking retard.

BIG GOOSE
01-12-2005, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by tomballin
Sidenote: …..I still get a kick out of Hagar being so proud of himself that he came up with the words on “Upchuck Your Breakfast” in one day. Geeeeeee, shows the mentality of the damn guy, what a fucking retard.

Geniarse!!
Sheer fuckin poetic geniarse!!!
:hagar1: what a fuckin :splooge:

DavidLeeNatra
01-12-2005, 07:51 AM
I wish the halen sisters would suffer from anti-SAMitism !!!

Carmine
01-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
I wish the halen sisters would suffer from anti-SAMitism !!!

LMAO! Right on Natra!:D

Bill Lumbergh
01-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Nah, I just think they are horrible human beings who need to climb back into their caves, but for good this time. I'm sure no one will even notice that they're gone. I mean, they've basically been gone since 1985 right?!

academic punk
01-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by house0paincakes

Warners told VH - after the Gary fiasco - that if they wanted a future at Warners they would have to reunite with either Roth or Hagar. We all know what the result of this was.

However, it is true, as has been posted, that they were contractually obligated to play more Roth era material than ever. It is NOT true, as has been alleged by Van Hagar that Sam casually called up one day and next thing you know they started touring the very next week. Management for both sides were going back and forth FOR YEARS negotiating the terms.

As for "are the sisters anti-semites?", you decide:

Years ago (I THINK around the time of FUCK) Ed did an interview with Musician magazine. The writer - Matt Resnicoff - wrote how Ed has not progressed as a musician or guitarist for years. He also said that musicians like Alvin Lee and Steve Morse were far better guitarists.
The fallout of this article was VH's manager - ED LEFFLER (now dead, rot in hell) - called Resnicoff's VM at the Musician office and referred to him as "you fucking Jew", "you Goddamn Kike", and several other anti-semitic terms. MUSICIAN COPIED THE MESSAGE VERBATIM IN A SUBSEQUENT ISSUE. Did the brothers fire or demote Leffler in the wake of this? Nope.

Would that have been the case if Dave had still been around? ARE YOU KIDDING???

tomballin
01-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
No. I think the sisters are equal opportunity cunts! They are assholes regardless of race, creed, or color.

Perfect, I couldn't have said it better.

DavidLeeNatra
01-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by academic punk
Warners told VH - after the Gary fiasco - that if they wanted a future at Warners they would have to reunite with either Roth or Hagar. We all know what the result of this was.

However, it is true, as has been posted, that they were contractually obligated to play more Roth era material than ever. It is NOT true, as has been alleged by Van Hagar that Sam casually called up one day and next thing you know they started touring the very next week. Management for both sides were going back and forth FOR YEARS negotiating the terms.

Years ago (I THINK around the time of FUCK) Ed did an interview with Musician magazine. The writer - Matt Resnicoff - wrote how Ed has not progressed as a musician or guitarist for years. He also said that musicians like Alvin Lee and Steve Morse were far better guitarists.
The fallout of this article was VH's manager - ED LEFFLER (now dead, rot in hell) - called Resnicoff's VM at the Musician office and referred to him as "you fucking Jew", "you Goddamn Kike", and several other anti-semitic terms. MUSICIAN COPIED THE MESSAGE VERBATIM IN A SUBSEQUENT ISSUE. Did the brothers fire or demote Leffler in the wake of this? Nope.

never heard about that...interesting...!!!

RogueHorseman
01-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by academic punk

I do seem to remember rumblings about this, but had forgotten.

Morse eats Ed's lunch every day of the week looking at the big picture, especially in this day.