X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

BOVII Will Dave be on it ?

According to that indisputable source of credible Van Halen information, Melodicrock, The record company is pushing to have an unreleased Dave track on the upcoming BOVII.

What do you guys reckon? Personally I think Spammy would get all menstrual over this. It would be killer if we could get a hold of the 2000 reunion tracks. Anyone believe this shit ??
    Last edited by Panamark; 02-06-2004, 09:37 PM.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

~No!~

<marquee direction=right></marquee>

Comment

• Viking
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Let's put it this way - if you were just taking a look at released[ material, there's more unmined gold in Dave's seven years than Sammy's eleven. And from a business standpoint, any sane record company exec would want both eras represented, to maximize fan appeal. A new Dave song or two would definitely boost sales.

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I hope they do throw in those "turn back the clock" tunes from 2000. That would be awesome! BTW, what record label would melodiCROCK be referring to? Last I heard, VH was without a label, and have been for some time. I don't take a whole lot of stock in what melodiCROCK says noways. They have never been right about anything pertaining to VH, and I reckon they're full of shit this time as well, as they always are.

Comment

• Calderone
          Commando
          • Jan 2004

maybe the BOVII will be WB

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Oh I remember the many times Melodicrock have been wrong about Van Halen. I was speaking with my tongue firmly in cheek. They tell me those at the VH Links are now hanging onto Andrews every word, like he's Moses coming down from Howdy Doody Mountain !

I was reading in another post here that you are almost executed if you should question Melodicrock? Man, I gotta go down to Tasmania, slip Andrew $100 just to start saying Sammy was dumped and Dave is back..
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Gmoney

They should put a bull shit meter on the VH website!!

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

I reckon if they do it will be to sell more copies and as was said already, to raise the appeal...

I fell for that once already and they can "SUCK ME SCHLONG!!!"

I'll just download the Dave track and leave the Spam on the shelf...

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Dave should tell Van Halen to kiss his ass and not allow any of his music on that cd, unless of course they want him to do the reunion also

Comment

• thebuldawg
                    Roadie
                    • Jan 2004

Me thinks that they should do what I think someone else mentioned on here if another Best Of is released. They should realease 2, one with Dave songs and one with Chedder songs. Then we could sit back and laugh our asses of as Dave's disc would go through the roof in sales.
                    "Whatever happens... happens."
                    -Spike Spiegel-

Comment

• DLR7884
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by thebuldawg
                      Me thinks that they should do what I think someone else mentioned on here if another Best Of is released. They should realease 2, one with Dave songs and one with Chedder songs. Then we could sit back and laugh our asses of as Dave's disc would go through the roof in sales.
                      Too late for that. If they were going to do that, it would have been done in 1996.

DLR7884
                      I would have preferred that.
                      Originally Posted by WARF:
                      DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Coyote
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I'll just quote Thin Lizzy on this:

"Don't belive me if tell you, not a word of this is true..."
                        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• TMR

Dave's unreleased song will be on the BOVH2!!

That would be the only reason to buy it.

Comment

• redballjet
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Feb 2004

I wonder of Gary Cherone will be on it? They did have that one quasi-hit off of VHIII.

Comment

• DLR7884
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Of course they'll put at least one VH3 track on it.

For some reason, Ed and Al think that it's a vital part of their history.

To an extent it was......

DLR7884
                              It made their band history.
                              Originally Posted by WARF:
                              DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

Working...