PDA

View Full Version : GI Who Sued Over 'Stop Loss' Order Back in Iraq

frets5150
01-12-2005, 01:09 AM
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Jan. 11) - Spc. David Qualls, who sued to challenge the Army's policy requiring him to serve longer than the term of his enlistment contract, is back in Iraq.

''He seems to be doing OK,'' Betty McElvana, Qualls' mother-in-law, said Monday. ''My daughter talks to him over the Internet just about every day. She said that everything was going OK.''

Qualls and seven other unnamed U.S. soldiers filed a lawsuit last month challenging the military's ''stop loss'' policy that allows the extension of active-duty deployments during times of war or national emergencies.

The lawsuit, filed while Qualls was on leave, argues that the enlistment contracts are misleading because they make no explicit reference to the policy. The eight soldiers are believed to be the first active-duty personnel to file such a lawsuit

A judge denied Qualls' request for the restraining order after the government argued that allowing Qualls to stay on leave would set a dangerous precedent.

Qualls was the only named plaintiff in the case. The other seven, listed as John Does to protect their privacy, are now serving in Iraq or are en route to Iraq, according to court papers.

Qualls, from Morrilton, said he signed up in July 2003 for a one-year stint in the Arkansas National Guard but has been told he will remain on active duty in Iraq until next year.

FUCKIN BULLSHIT!!! The man served his time plain and simple i guess the military really is desperate.

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 01:28 AM
The mismanagement displayed by this administration is shocking.

Even more shocking are the amounts of people who fail to acknowledge Bush's many failures!

CBS has fired more people than this administration has!

ODShowtime
01-12-2005, 10:29 AM
I haven't read his contract, but it clearly seems like the gov't is now breaking contracts whenever it suits them. Never seen that before.

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I haven't read his contract, but it clearly seems like the gov't is now breaking contracts whenever it suits them. Never seen that before.

Except for when our gov't fucks over former business partners (Saddam) and former employees (Osama).

ODShowtime
01-12-2005, 10:36 AM
or when the FCC encourages the giant radio syndicates that are under their control to break contracts