PDA

View Full Version : I have a plan to make the CVH reunion possible. No joke.

conyo
01-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Here goes...

While driving to work I was listening to Nick and Terry (sucks) but they were interviewing Tommy Lee. They asked them what made the upcoming Motley Crue tour a reality. He said that the fans organized a campaign and wrote and emailed concert promoters to the point that they approached the band. Here is the kicker, tommy said that he had no idea that there was such a demand for the band or it's music.

Does this sound familiar to any one of you? Do you see where I am going here?

I propose that as a unit, we organize a massive email, phone letter writing campaing to promoters (Clearchannel, etc) and like Motley Crue. Have them approach the band and David Lee for a massive reunion tour. Come on CVH reunion would make anything Motley or Bon Jovo does seem trivial. The public and media responce would be overwhelming. Remember how much press the Sam and Dave tour got? You would collectively hear the music industry say "holy shit!" I honestly believe that Ed and Al are completely out of touch with their fan base and reality. This is the type of thing that would get their attention and maybe snap them out of it. David Lee alone is great. He can still sing, I saw it New Years. But some of us, myself included never got a chance to see greatness live and I want to die seeing DLR with VH at least once.

This is completely doable, though I cannot do this by myself. If we sit here and hope for something, it will never happen and one of memebers of VH will die before it happens. (though I know for some of you that would be a good thing. It's not the legendary VH.) We can force the market, but only if we have enough people. Hey if it doesn't happen, well shit at least we said we tried.

Who is with me?

Alex (not Van Halen)

Chaz Rock City
01-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks to that bitter drunk EVH, a real Van Halen reunion tour will never happen. Man I hate Eddie

conyo
01-12-2005, 02:14 AM
Yes, I agree to that the Eddie sucks statement. But if CVH got together, we'd all be there.

What it boils down to do is this:

Do we as fans, want to see a CVH reunion?

If you answered yes, then let's do something about it and maybe make music history.

If you answered no then everything stays the status quo.

REMEMBER, we the fans ultimately have the power. We make this happen, look how that last tour failed. Sammy was in power for all these years because the 15 year girls bought the music. We have the ability to make change.

Alex

lms2
01-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Just a suggestion, but you could post a link for clear channel, or whomever it is you are proposing we bombard with e-mails... and that way, people who mean yes, even if they won't say yes, can just click and comply, and no one is the wiser.

I have such mixed emotions about a reunion of classic VH that at this point, I don't know what to think or say except that if it is meant to be it will, regardless.

If it happens, I am there. If it doesn't happen, life goes on.

tomballin
01-12-2005, 06:08 AM
Good idea but:

1. Forget Clear Channel, they lost too much money on the 04 Van SpamBoys Tour. Hit the other two top U.S. promoters.

2. Wait for six months, minimum. The concert promotion industry took it in the ass in 04 and is presently reorganizing/re-thinking the whole game on promoting the “old fart” bands. It is still an excellent market, but they blew it 03-04 by getting greedy.

3. EVH has to go to detox to save his life. NO promoter will taken him on in a National promote with his present problems AND him having cancer twice in the last four years (The second cancer flair up was kept very low key and out of the press). Bottom-line, EVH is in extremely serious trouble, that’s why Valerie stepped back into the picture, although she and EVH never got legally divorced.

Re: Motley Crue ReUnion - Tommy Lee has been getting his life in order, and so has Vince Neil. The Sisters have not been doing the same. I saw Vince in concert two months ago and he look fantastic (plastic surgery and working out) and sounded the best I have heard him since early Crue days. I saw the Van SpamBoys in July 04, at twice the price of Vince’s concert, and cannot say the same for that concert.

I saw Diamond Dave 12/31/04 in Orlando, and he and his band were BETTER than when I saw Van Halen in July, and I got well fed at Dave's concert! Brian Young can blow EVH’s ass right off the stage presently. Ray Luzier can blow AVH out into the back parking lot on drums. Dave's band kicks major ass and so does Diamond!

4. EVH/AVH got rich off the 04 Tour. Neither give a shite if they Tour again. EVH was very clear before the 04 Tour, that this was a one time deal, then he was taking off again for 3-5 years. Shite IMO, he will not live 3-5 years at his present rate of deterioration.

5. DLR is quite wealthy (and frugal, haaa) and he can take it or leave it as to a Van Roth Tour. It’s been 20 years, and the Sisters keep digging in the old wounds, and lying to the damn guy.

Dave damn sure is not going to tolerate any of EVH/AVH’s shite they continue to slinging at him. Dave DOES NOT need VH, they need him. Dave is damn lucky, or damn smart, to miss the 04 VH Reunion abortion.

6. The general public is tired of being ass fucked on a supposed Van Roth reunion. EVH/AVH sucker punched the public, AND DIAMOND DAVE, in 1996, 2000, and now 2004.

Any National promoter is going to be worried that the Sisters have rung that dinner bell one too many times. The Sisters pull this shite every 4 years, so I guess that makes 2008 the next year for a Van Halen “reunion project”, if EVH is still alive.

So as you can surmise, it is a little more complicated that just doing a letter writing campaign, but it is a good idea as part of a total Van Roth reunion plan, IMO.

I am quite interested in what others have to say on this subject.

Panamark
01-12-2005, 06:19 AM
None of the members of Motley Crue are currently as
fucked up as Ed.

I think they (E&A) could receive a million letters, and still
not give a shit about it.

*HOWEVER*

Im in, if you get something going..

ashstralia
01-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by tomballin
5. DLR is quite wealthy (and frugal, haaa) and he can take it or leave it as to a Van Roth Tour. It’s been 20 years, and the Sisters keep digging in the old wounds, and lying to the damn guy.

yes!
bring back the e.e.a.s
band, i say.

that'd rock.

DavidLeeNatra
01-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Good idea but:

1. Forget [...]Van Roth reunion plan, IMO.

amen...great post...I want to see dave happy and he seems to be with his guys...fuck the brothers...or sisters...

conyo
01-12-2005, 08:19 AM
You have very valid points on EVH's recovery and the whole Clearchannel thing. I'll research the promoter's after February. I am too swamped at work until then. Though I really apreciate the feedback.

I also realize one thing....

TIMING IS EVERYTHING and maybe we aren't there yet.

Alex

aesop
01-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
amen...great post...I want to see dave happy and he seems to be with his guys...fuck the brothers...or sisters...

Just like Ellway winning the back-to-backs on his way out the door and into the Hall of Fame, I still beleive that this is the way Dave wants to go out... a 2-3 year run of World Domination...and let the Valet pick up your car at the Hall...

conyo
01-12-2005, 08:23 AM
I am a newbie to this whole thing.

1- Who are the other two major promoters?

Alex

manwiththedogs
01-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
None of the members of Motley Crue are currently as
fucked up as Ed.

I think they (E&A) could receive a million letters, and still
not give a shit about it.

*HOWEVER*

Im in, if you get something going..

I agree, but would be willing to join in also. Gotta keep hope alive, I guess.

Carmine
01-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by aesop
I still believe that this is the way Dave wants to go out... a 2-3 year run of World Domination...and let the Valet pick up your car at the Hall...

I agree with this Sop, I like most of you, have never seen Classic VH live. I also agree that a full scale attack on whomever needs to hear it could work.(ie. Crue). The promoters and others have made the offers, forget this 04 tour and the money lost. Any promoter would bankroll a Classic VH tour in a second! It is, as was previously stated, what the industry has been BEGGING for. Take the 96 MTV show, what I remember most about that, was when they first hit the stage. The camera panned the crowd and there was Chris Rock saying "Holy Fuckin Shit!" You could see his face clear as day! Chris Rock of all people, a classic VH fan? That says something! I want to see the Reunion more than anything. If there is to be a campaign....I'm IN!

And at the first show.....I'M BUYIN!

Cause if and when IT ever happens...I'm chartering a frikkin Jet!:D

Iannu
01-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Im in.. id really like a reunion (real reunion) tour... although i would rather have a full album written by the sisters, fat mike and Diamond Dave... just to see if theyre as good songwriters as they were in the past.

Carmine
01-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Iannu
Im in.. id really like a reunion (real reunion) tour... although i would rather have a full album written by the sisters, fat mike and Diamond Dave... just to see if theyre as good songwriters as they were in the past.

Bro, the full album comes with the tour (hopefully) and If they put a new full length album, I'm sure we wouldnt be sorry!:cool:

Oh and 5 star vote coming your way! I see you are Italian!

DLR7884
01-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm not filling out any more petitions.

DLR7884
Filled out so many since 1996. Sorry.

scottydabodi
01-12-2005, 11:26 AM
I saw Diamond Dave 12/31/04 in Orlando, and he and his band were BETTER than when I saw Van Halen in July, and I got well fed at Dave's concert! Brian Young can blow EVH’s ass right off the stage presently. Ray Luzier can blow AVH out into the back parking lot on drums. Dave's band kicks major ass and so does Diamond!

4. EVH/AVH got rich off the 04 Tour. Neither give a shite if they Tour again. EVH was very clear before the 04 Tour, that this was a one time deal, then he was taking off again for 3-5 years. Shite IMO, he will not live 3-5 years at his present rate of deterioration.

Dave damn sure is not going to tolerate any of EVH/AVH’s shite they continue to slinging at him. Dave DOES NOT need VH, they need him. Dave is damn lucky, or damn smart, to miss the 04 VH Reunion abortion.

6. The general public is tired of being ass fucked on a supposed Van Roth reunion. EVH/AVH sucker punched the public, AND DIAMOND DAVE, in 1996, 2000, and now 2004.

Any National promoter is going to be worried that the Sisters have rung that dinner bell one too many times. The Sisters pull this shite every 4 years, so I guess that makes 2008 the next year for a Van Halen “reunion project”, if EVH is still alive.

So as you can surmise, it is a little more complicated that just doing a letter writing campaign, but it is a good idea as part of a total Van Roth reunion plan, IMO.

Shit... 5 stars for you Tom!!

Iannu
01-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Bro, the full album comes with the tour (hopefully) and If they put a new full length album, I'm sure we wouldnt be sorry!:cool:

Oh and 5 star vote coming your way! I see you are Italian!

Fuck how u know im italian?? My accent??:D

Ur name sounds familiar too btw...

Carmine
01-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Fuck how u know im italian?? My accent??:D

Ur name sounds familiar too btw...

lol, Yep it was the accent! :D

What part of Italy are you from?

Iannu
01-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Milano... precisely Usmate-Velate.

Carmine
01-12-2005, 02:27 PM
My grandparents came from Naples and Sicily. I have heard them mention Mt. Viscone, I think.

Iannu
01-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Nice brother!! No im fully italian, just learned english for a fuckin chance..

Carmine
01-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Nice brother!! No im fully italian, just learned english for a fuckin chance..

I wish I could speak Italian.....at least more than curse words and food!

Iannu
01-12-2005, 02:55 PM
AHAH! Everyone does! ;)

5150Clown
01-12-2005, 02:57 PM
The pomoters know that a Dave/VH reunion would be the bomb. So let's do it. Make the sisters look like the evil empire that they are. Dave wants it, the promoters want it and the fans want it. Now it's all up to the Heinekens to make up their evil minds and leave behind all that hate.

I'm for it!!!!

Carmine
01-12-2005, 02:58 PM
AHAH! Everyone does! ;)

True!:cool:

DavidLeeNatra
01-12-2005, 03:23 PM
ok...we want it, the promoters want it, dave wants it...fact is...the sisters DON'T and it won't happen

but...let's do it just to keep the sister's phone ringing to remind them what the real deal is and to make them pissed every day :D

GAR
01-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Brian Young can blow EVH’s ass right off the stage presently. Ray Luzier can blow AVH out into the back parking lot on drums. Dave's band kicks major ass and so does Diamond!

I am reading in tears, thanks for posting that. Very very true.

GAR
01-12-2005, 04:44 PM
I think if Clearchannel has the internet in the office all they have to do is view any Van Hagar or DLR board for a few threads enough to know the deluge of anticipation we hold to see a Van Halen show.

Pure ignorance is just rampant in the Concert Planning department. I hope heads fucking roll for those who thought the idea "Well, a Van Hagar tour is better than nothing, right?"

On the other hand, I'm having a serious problem with the $100-pricepoint on a concert ticket. At Staples center here in Los Angeles I wasn't sure if I was going to go in and asked a guard, "If I go in then come out to move my car or check up on it (downtown LA street parking isn't very safe) can I re-enter?" they were like, Of course you cannot.

A hunnert bux ticket, and I can't go back to the car for Hooch or just to check up on it, I won't go: SORRAY.

Maybe for eighty, that would bring a nite out for two plus dinner and parking under two bills for me. IF IT WAS VAN HALEN.

DavidLeeNatra
01-12-2005, 05:12 PM
hey gar, nice avatar :D

Antonella
01-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Just kill the fat ass (Hammy) make it look like alex n eddie did it due to a druken binge and the only way they can get out of doing jail time, or worse yet the death penalty is by reuniting Classic Van Halen! That'll make the fans happy, and for Dave, part of the deal is to have ALex n Eddies mouths sewn shut... THIS WAY EVERYONES HAPPY, cept for the sisters maybe, but fuck em!!! i think its a superb idea...whos in???

:D

DLR_EngineRoom
01-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by conyo
Here goes...

While driving to work I was listening to Nick and Terry (sucks) but they were interviewing Tommy Lee. They asked them what made the upcoming Motley Crue tour a reality. He said that the fans organized a campaign and wrote and emailed concert promoters to the point that they approached the band. Here is the kicker, tommy said that he had no idea that there was such a demand for the band or it's music.

Does this sound familiar to any one of you? Do you see where I am going here?

I propose that as a unit, we organize a massive email, phone letter writing campaing to promoters (Clearchannel, etc) and like Motley Crue. Have them approach the band and David Lee for a massive reunion tour. Come on CVH reunion would make anything Motley or Bon Jovo does seem trivial. The public and media responce would be overwhelming. Remember how much press the Sam and Dave tour got? You would collectively hear the music industry say "holy shit!" I honestly believe that Ed and Al are completely out of touch with their fan base and reality. This is the type of thing that would get their attention and maybe snap them out of it. David Lee alone is great. He can still sing, I saw it New Years. But some of us, myself included never got a chance to see greatness live and I want to die seeing DLR with VH at least once.

This is completely doable, though I cannot do this by myself. If we sit here and hope for something, it will never happen and one of memebers of VH will die before it happens. (though I know for some of you that would be a good thing. It's not the legendary VH.) We can force the market, but only if we have enough people. Hey if it doesn't happen, well shit at least we said we tried.

Who is with me?

Alex (not Van Halen)

I won't 'sign up' for that. I do NOT want Dave to reunite with a bunch of whiney, unappreciative, lying, backstabbing, untrustworthy has-beens. Screw 'em. For all those with short memories, there will always be a copy of 'The Best Of Both Worlds' lying around somewhere, I suggest you check out the track listing, paying special attention to the ONLY live inclusions, SPAMMY versions of Roth classics. So yeah, it's justified. Screw 'em.

DLR_EngineRoom
01-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Good idea but:

1. Forget Clear Channel, they lost too much money on the 04 Van SpamBoys Tour. Hit the other two top U.S. promoters.

2. Wait for six months, minimum. The concert promotion industry took it in the ass in 04 and is presently reorganizing/re-thinking the whole game on promoting the “old fart” bands. It is still an excellent market, but they blew it 03-04 by getting greedy.

3. EVH has to go to detox to save his life. NO promoter will taken him on in a National promote with his present problems AND him having cancer twice in the last four years (The second cancer flair up was kept very low key and out of the press). Bottom-line, EVH is in extremely serious trouble, that’s why Valerie stepped back into the picture, although she and EVH never got legally divorced.

Re: Motley Crue ReUnion - Tommy Lee has been getting his life in order, and so has Vince Neil. The Sisters have not been doing the same. I saw Vince in concert two months ago and he look fantastic (plastic surgery and working out) and sounded the best I have heard him since early Crue days. I saw the Van SpamBoys in July 04, at twice the price of Vince’s concert, and cannot say the same for that concert.

P.S. That's as close to a perfect post as we're gonna see. Nice one, T.B.

Denny
01-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by GAR
I think if Clearchannel has the internet in the office all they have to do is view any Van Hagar or DLR board for a few threads enough to know the deluge of anticipation we hold to see a Van Halen show.

Pure ignorance is just rampant in the Concert Planning department. I hope heads fucking roll for those who thought the idea "Well, a Van Hagar tour is better than nothing, right?"

On the other hand, I'm having a serious problem with the $100-pricepoint on a concert ticket. At Staples center here in Los Angeles I wasn't sure if I was going to go in and asked a guard, "If I go in then come out to move my car or check up on it (downtown LA street parking isn't very safe) can I re-enter?" they were like, Of course you cannot.

A hunnert bux ticket, and I can't go back to the car for Hooch or just to check up on it, I won't go: SORRAY.

Maybe for eighty, that would bring a nite out for two plus dinner and parking under two bills for me. IF IT WAS VAN HALEN.

Yah, but the thing is....there MAY be 4-6000 signed up on these boards, but there are only about 200 regulars that really come to these sights. I think they would see through that too.

The amount being charged these days on tickets are deplorable to say the least.

Jérôme Frenchise
01-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Well, knowing Dave's band is so GOOD and Dave himself being very happy with them in one hand, and in the other Ed and Al being so silly and mean to him, what is best?
Letting Diamond's mighty stage mates would look most unfair, wouldn't it? They've managed to reproduce the toughest songs, with a special touch, and they look like particularly good guys.

Anyway, I would go nuts if I ever learnt about THE reunion. I would say "yes" at once, but I've heard and seen Dave's current performance, and man, how exciting!
:confused:

academic punk
01-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

but...let's do it just to keep the sister's phone ringing to remind them what the real deal is and to make them pissed every day :D

That right there is more than ample reason to do it! Piss on their legacy!

If Dave had not suggested naming the band after the brothers, you know what they might have been called? RAT SALADE!!! Wow, they would've lasted all of twenty-three seconds with a name like that! Ed's contribution to the art of guitar not withstanding, DAVE FUCKING MADE THEM ROCK STARS AND THEY DESERVE TO BE REMINDED OF IT TILL THEIR DYING DAYS!!!!

conyo
01-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Who are the other two concert promoters?

Alex

light 'em up!
01-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Ed and Al have already been told by concert promoters, record execs and industry big wigs about the gazillions they could reap from a reunion tour with Roth... Roth being the key word.

They don't want Roth.

Tiger Roth
01-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!

They don't want Roth.
There it is - the nail in the reunion coffin I'm afraid.:(

tomballin
01-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Roth
There it is - the nail in the reunion coffin I'm afraid:(

However, EVH/VH cannot make the R&RHOF without Dave, EVH knows, and it eats on him. A number of the great bands starting out when VH did, and VH played on stage with in the mid-late 70's, are already in the R&RHOF and EVH's ego cannot stand it. It's the only thing that would made the Sisters and Roth do a Van Roth ReUnion currently.

VH80-84
01-13-2005, 10:18 AM
EVH + AVH already know that everyone wants DLR. Every interview with them shows that. I think it will eventually happen, but if they wait too long, it won'e be worth it. Aren't they members of AARP yet?

Carmine
01-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by VH80-84
Aren't they members of AARP yet?

LMAO....not yet, but getting there!

academic punk
01-13-2005, 09:31 PM
You'll see. A HUGE reason the Hagar tour happened was because Ed needed the money. No lie.

Think about it: hip replacement surgery. The cost of a divorce/legal seperation/child support, etc. His outstanding bill at his local liquor store.

Was he destitute? of course not. But the money hasn't been rolling in like it had for years and years, especially in the (dim) light of VHIII and in the wake of getting dropped by Warners. However, expenses and ed's cost of living has soared.

Ed's going to want to see the income again. If this means a tour or a boxed set, either way it'll be a HUGE windfall, obviously. To tour with Dave, I am CERTAIN Dave will demand:
1) that his royalties on his share of the VH catalog be adjusted (this was the grounds for his lawsuit a few years back, which he dropped)(the brothers and Mike - when they renogiated their contracts with WB eight years ago got an ENORMOUSW increase on their royalties...dave was left in the dark about all this, and now Mike Anthony - who was NEVER a creative force in the band - sees triple the money Dave does)
2) It be billed as "Van Halen with David Lee Roth"
3) A great deal of rehearsal and a more focused performance (particularly the solo section) from Eddie (none of this "I'm just gonna fuck around up here for a few minutes" shit)
4) and, of course, no Hagar era tunes.

So there you go: reuniting with dave would mean a bite out of Eddie's income from royalties (a pittance compared to what the tour would reap, but Ed's all about ego), a bite out of Ed's ego ("sharing the bill's title...with DAVE??!? EEEEK!!!!" says the drunken mouse), a bite out of Ed's control of the band ("Yer gonna make me rehearse what I play? Duuuude...I'm ed van heineken. Whaddya mean Wolfie can't come up heer and play with me during my solo? he's, like, the future"), and a bite out of the last twenty years of ed's musical life ("No Dreams? No Right Now? No Poundcake? awwwwwwwwwww...)

Antonella
01-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Well, for youngins like me who never got to experience the raw energy of the original Van Halen line up, you all could understand why I would appreciate a reunion. I saw Dave live in November here in Canada and he was fucking SUPERB!!! And say what we will about the 'SISTERS DUTCH' but they are talented musicians and not to mention original!!! I mean Daves band now is fucking phenomenal, but of course its a duplication of what made history in Rock n Roll 20 years before! And that we cannot deny, nor can we deny the fact that Ed and ALex are a bunch of fucking sagging tits not fit enough to play with the great talent, the saint of larceny that is DAVID LEE ROTH!!!! Ultimately, the reunion would be nice but of course it wouldn't be real, which is what Dave is all about...keepin it real, so really i dont know what the hell im saying but im high right now actually so im sure it'll all make sense in the end....DAVE will triumph im sure, eddie n alex will realize their faults and beg for daves forgiveness, and Sammy Hagar will die, penniless, alone and BALD!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA ok folks goodnight!!! Im done like dinner!!!

golden boy
01-14-2005, 01:22 AM
The Hall of Fame is our only chance. Dave sings jump onstage the fans go nuts. Van fags have to accept it.

JacktheRipper
01-14-2005, 01:01 PM
i'm in

Vinnie Velvet
01-14-2005, 04:04 PM
The state of EVH is a problem no doubt.

Sammy is such a greedy fucker, he went ahead and took a daily intoxicated, emotionally unstable EVH on tour to make some money.

As for Dave, he will NOT do the same no matter what we say or do. To him, a reunion will only work if the whole band is on the same page and gunning for it on all cylinders.

But they're not at this time. The sisters (mostly Alex this time) STILL, after 20 fucking years, STILL resorted to the child name calling, etc. I really liked the one where Al said that Dave "needs meds". Fuck that neck-braced asshole!

And then there's Mike who has his head so far up Sammy's tequila filled asshole. The puppet is now being controlled by Fagar as he travels with Sam's Wabo-whatever-the-fuck-they-are-called band.

So, its a tough thing.

First and foremost, Ed needs to get himself straight.

Al needs to cut the BS against Dave.

Mike needs to drink JD more and stay away from Cabo Wabo tequila.

Then and only then will we see such a tour.

Sadly though, I don't think it'll ever happen.