• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DEMON CUNT
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

CNN: U.S. ends search for WMD in Iraq

U.S. ends search for WMD in Iraq

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 Posted: 10:59 AM EST (1559 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. inspectors have ended their search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq in recent weeks, a U.S. intelligence official told CNN.

The search ended almost two years after President Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq, citing concerns that Saddam Hussein was building weapons of mass destruction and may have hidden weapons stockpiles.

Members of the Iraq Survey Group were continuing to examine hundreds of documents and would investigate any new leads, the official said.

In October, Duelfer released a preliminary report finding that in March 2003 -- the United States invaded Iraq on March 19 of that year -- "Saddam did not have any WMD stockpiles and had not started any program to produce them".

The Iraq Survey Group report said that Iraq's WMD program was essentially destroyed in 1991 and Saddam ended the country's nuclear program after the 1991 Gulf War.

More...

This is why Bush Inc. manufactured other excuses for it's illegal invasion. Then blamed other countires for the "bad intelligence" on the state of Saddam's WMD programs.

Bush is a war criminal and a liar! All this death and destruction for nothing. Shameful!
    Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Imagine our surprise.

Guess the sanction were working.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      Imagine our surprise.

Guess the sanction were working.
      Yep. Bush Inc. was wrong about Saddam and Iraq on so may fucking levels.

When the UN sanctions seemed to have done what they were supposed to do; Bush Inc. went into full-on discredit the UN mode.
      Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• ODShowtime
        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
        Bush Inc. went into full-on discredit the UN mode.

I have to admit, the oil-for-food scandal is pretty discrediting. I wonder how that's going?

Will they ever get anywhere with it?
        gnaw on it

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
          I have to admit, the oil-for-food scandal is pretty discrediting. I wonder how that's going?

Will they ever get anywhere with it?
          When you move that much $ around people are going to pinch some of it.

Imagine what Halliburton's Iraq accounting looks like.

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
            When you move that much $ around people are going to pinch some of it.

True, but this looks like systematic bribery on a huge scale. It should never have been allowed to happen.

Imagine what Halliburton's Iraq accounting looks like.

It looks like swiss cheese. Completely full of million dollar holes. Again, providing such a range of logistic services in a warzone is expensive and some paperwork is bound to get lost, but the scale the missing funds is just enormous. Like I have said repeatedly, if you give a human being a chance to defraud another for profit, he will most likely take it every time. People are scum.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• frets5150
              Commando
              • Feb 2004

They did'nt find any WMD really i thought they had a whole shit load.
              Man i'm really surprized are'nt you

Comment

• frets5150
                Commando
                • Feb 2004

Another article

WASHINGTON (Jan. 12) - The search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq ended last month, nearly two years after President Bush sent troops to disarm Saddam Hussein, The Washington Post reported on Wednesday.

Officials who served with the group charged with hunting banned weapons said the violence in Iraq, coupled with a lack of new information, led them to fold up the effort shortly before Christmas, the newspaper reported.

Charles Duelfer, the CIA special adviser who led the hunt, has returned home, and analysts serving in his Iraq Survey Group (ISG) have returned to CIA headquarters in Virginia, the report said, citing unnamed intelligence officials.

The Post said the findings of an interim report that Duelfer submitted to Congress in September will stand as the ISG's final conclusions, according to a senior intelligence official.

The report concluded that Iraq had no stockpiles of biological and chemical weapons and its nuclear program had decayed before last year's U.S.-led invasion, in findings contrary to prewar assertions of the Bush administration.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, another U.S. intelligence official confirmed that Duelfer was back in Washington, but disputed that the weapons hunt was over.

"This isn't the kind of thing that stops, the search continues," the official told Reuters. "If new information comes in, obviously that would be looked at."

The Washington Post reported that the White House had been reluctant to call off the hunt, holding out the possibility that weapons had been shipped out of Iraq before the war or well hidden inside the country.

Bush, who subsequently said that he was "right to take action" in Iraq, had cited a growing threat from Saddam's weapons of mass destruction as one of the main reasons for overthrowing the Iraqi president.

01/12/05 00:58 ET

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

either he had them and he hid them well or sent them to Syria,

or

it was all just a bluff to keep out Iran/Israel/US
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• frets5150
                    Commando
                    • Feb 2004

Was the U.S. right to go to war in Iraq?
                    No 64%
                    Yes 36%
                    Total Votes: 13,415

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Gee, I though the war was really about benevolently liberating the Iraqi people fro their horrible dictator "Suh-Damn'"! LMAO

Hey, where's Lucky Wilbury to post the REAL articles on how we found all of this chemical weaponry?

Comment

• Jesterstar
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

I was surprised to find out that they were actually looking.
                        Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

One of the most important news stories of the day, and yet not a single comment by any Republican on this board... Hmmm!
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

It totally sucks that we didn't find anything, but we didn't...
                            gnaw on it

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                              One of the most important news stories of the day, and yet not a single comment by any Republican on this board... Hmmm!
                              Look for their response later tonight, after the FAUX News team tells them what to think
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...