PDA

View Full Version : Chaps

Calderone
01-12-2005, 11:27 AM
I was wacthing 1983 US fest with a couple of friends
and some of them came up with the thing that
why dlr is using chaps ...its a gay's sign ...
and i dont believe it ...what's your take on this ?

scottydabodi
01-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Anyone who thinks DAVE is gay is a total fucking DUMBASS. Dave gets more pussy than Purina Cat Chow for fuck's sake!! If chaps are a sign for being gay, then what about every fucking cowboy/farmhand in Texas? Try telling one of those guys that they're gay...

rustoffa
01-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Just something else innappropriate to wear....it was all about a flair for the ridiculous as the sublime.

scottydabodi
01-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Just something else innappropriate to wear....it was all about a flair for the ridiculous as the sublime.

Hey Rust!! Great to see ya!!

Roguesgirl
01-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Chaps look great on Roth and on cowboys. Only Roth could get away with no jeans under them. :)

It doesn't mean he is gay.

Dr. Weenis
01-12-2005, 09:00 PM
I like the chaps.

Your pal,
Dr. Weenis

WARF
01-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Chaps are fucking gay.... but not for David Lee Roth... it's an exception!

Fabulous Shadow
01-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Foe awhile gay men sported a kind of LEATHER biker look. They wore alot of LEATHER chaps and leather chaps. I don't think they were a sign as much as a fashion statement at the time...

This is just WRONG!
http://www.vancouvermeninleather.com/Photos/May/images/ADSCN9440_jpg.jpg http://www.vancouvermeninleather.com/Photos/May/images/ADSCN9436_jpg.jpg

GAR
01-12-2005, 09:43 PM
bleargh...

Nickdfresh
01-12-2005, 10:25 PM
No! Dave is a secure, heterosexual man seeking attention from the female demographic (not a common thing for 70's & 80's era "heavy metal" act). Dave wanted to draw the typical teeny bopper girl to rock & roll. This was his primary motivation, not to 'signal' guys he was gay. Dave got away with wearing things most dudes would never think of. Because HE'S DAVE stupid!

The Butt Chaps drew attention and controversy! The 'Censorship Board' would definitely not approve, but we would all know about it!
http://www.itsdave.tv/images/gigolo.jpg

RogueHorseman
01-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa

Zackly factly.

scottydabodi
01-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Foe awhile gay men sported a kind of LEATHER biker look. They wore alot of LEATHER chaps and leather chaps. I don't think they were a sign as much as a fashion statement at the time...

This is just WRONG!
http://www.vancouvermeninleather.com/Photos/May/images/ADSCN9440_jpg.jpg http://www.vancouvermeninleather.com/Photos/May/images/ADSCN9436_jpg.jpg

Oh shit...

tomballin
01-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Dave's comment on the chaps/assless pants...""Rock N Roll has to have a little shock value, a little titilation, it has to make you skirm in your seat some.......that way there is a little something for everybody - DLR

Nuff said...TB

Assless Pants: Lita Ford vs Diamond Dave

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=361649

DavidLeeNatra
01-13-2005, 01:08 AM
dave once said "it takes a very masculine man to look sexy in a pair of pink spandex..." same goes for the chaps...and dave is everything you're not plus a silo of 200% testosterone ;)

Jérôme Frenchise
01-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
No! Dave is a secure, heterosexual man seeking attention from the female demographic (not a common thing for 70's & 80's era "heavy metal" act). Dave wanted to draw the typical teeny bopper girl to rock & roll. This was his primary motivation, not to 'signal' guys he was gay. Dave got away with wearing things most dudes would never think of. Because HE'S DAVE stupid!

The Butt Chaps drew attention and controversy! The 'Censorship Board' would definitely not approve, but we would all know about it!
http://www.itsdave.tv/images/gigolo.jpg

Damn right, Nick! Dave was just using girls' focus on guys' asses. As simple as that.

I still can't see what will have chicks interested in dudes' buns though.

What's the use, sugars??

Fabulous Shadow
01-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Jérome from Fra
Damn right, Nick! Dave was just using girls' focus on guys' asses. As simple as that.

What's the use, sugars??

Hey, a girl likes a good piece of ass as much as any guy! ;)

Jérôme Frenchise
01-14-2005, 08:25 AM

It sure seems so, lovely mischievous child; still I just can't see the use in a guy's butt, must be due to being a man myself.

I'm happy not figure it out, at all events.

Gays don't fit me at all as far as sex is concerned, but as long as they won't put their queerness forward as if it was the whole of them, they can be great company like anybody.

Roguesgirl
01-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Jérome from Fra

What's the use, sugars??

We like to squeeeeeze.... :D

Dave has a fantastic ass. Still to this day.

Ummm, Dave's packed and he's stacked 'specially in the back
Brother, wanna thank your mother for a butt like that
(thanks, Momma Roth!!) :)

Roguesgirl
01-14-2005, 10:02 AM
from the Hot Ass thread comes Dave's perfection...

http://img130.exs.cx/img130/4258/dlrtovh2x1ga.jpg

fe_lung
01-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Chaps are fucking gay.... but not for David Lee Roth... it's an exception! [/QUOTE]

Point well made. Unless you're a bull rider or David Lee Roth, chaps = queer (got that, Jon Bon Jovi!)

Jérôme Frenchise
01-14-2005, 11:47 AM

Really great! Sounds LIVE from between a FABULOUS mistress's fantastical sheets! Wow!

Jérôme Frenchise
01-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Ummm, Dave's packed and he's stacked 'specially in the back
Brother, wanna thank your mother for a butt like that
(thanks, Momma Roth!!) :)
[/B][/QUOTE]

Comes right from girls' quintessential lust too! Wild!

I personally avoid playing Diamonds's videos back home with girlfriends for he would steal the show! These are the only moments when he's no pal of mine. Ha! Ha!

Thetruthbaby
01-14-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't care who DLR sleeps with, it has no effect on his ability to kick royal ass on a concert stage. I'm a straight white male but I'll be the first to admit that white male america's obsession with rooting out the homosexual lifestyle is pathetic. Not only is it misguided but it truly goes against everything America is SUPPOSE to stand for (liberty and justice for ALL). My brother (who is a moron) will not listen to Queen because he can't stand Freddit Mercury. Ridiculous. When I go to rock boards of any type and people like Mercury, Halford, Stanley (rumored) and DLR (rumored) come up this nonsense is always brought up. I have no knowledge one way or the other if DLR is gay, but if he is it wouldn't change my opinion of him in the least. It simply doesn't matter to me because I believe in liberty and justice for all, not just for people who think exactly like I do.

Jérôme Frenchise
01-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
I don't care who DLR sleeps with, it has no effect on his ability to kick royal ass on a concert stage. [...] white male america's obsession with rooting out the homosexual lifestyle is pathetic. Not only is it misguided but it truly goes against everything America is SUPPOSED to stand for (liberty and justice for ALL. [...] I have no knowledge one way or the other if DLR is gay, but if he is it wouldn't change my opinion of him in the least. It simply doesn't matter to me because I believe in liberty and justice for all, not just for people who think exactly like I do.

I absolutely agree!

Katydid
02-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Back in early Rock and Roll things meant one thing. Nowadays, that same thing means something else.

Did ya ever think maybe since he used to clean stables as a kid...that he might have been a cowboy at one time?

Found the old chaps and dragged out his old boots and said, "Damn, I'll just leave my pants off and catch me some cowgirls...

You know, as Big and Rich say, "Girls, save a horse, ride a cowboy..."

Katydid
02-13-2005, 06:39 PM
You remember when he used to wear his big bear tooth?

And guys used to wear those bandannas tied on their legs and arms. Were supposed to mean, if you wore a red one you had slept with a girl on her period. The blue one meant something else...etc.

Where are the old rock and roll geezers to explain things when you need them?

Golden AWe
02-13-2005, 06:43 PM

when you were searching for those photos...did you touch yourself?

or did you take them yourself?

Golden AWe
02-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Katydid
You remember when he used to wear his big bear tooth?

And guys used to wear those bandannas tied on their legs and arms. Were supposed to mean, if you wore a red one you had slept with a girl on her period. The blue one meant something else...etc.

Where are the old rock and roll geezers to explain things when you need them?

where are you now? you shouldn't be here.