X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Keepers of the Metal Flame

Im up for a bit of new musical influx. Who would you cool cats recommend as new bands who are keeping the Metal flame alive ??
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!
  • SilvioDante
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

The Darkness.... I still can't figure out if they are a joke are not but who cares. Throw back to the hair band era. I like the CD everytime I hear it. The lead singer's falsetto is an acquired taste though...
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• alexpgrimes
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
      The Darkness.... I still can't figure out if they are a joke are not but who cares. Throw back to the hair band era. I like the CD everytime I hear it. The lead singer's falsetto is an acquired taste though...
      Yes I agree. The music is good. Just his falsetto voice and the way his gives the thumbs up make me cringe.
      If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• Golden AWe
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Try Finnish metal bands like Sentenced and Amorphis...especially a cd called "Tuonela" from Amorphis is excellent...
        Originally posted by Cato
        Golden, why are you FAT?
        Originally posted by lesfunk
        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Re: Keepers of the Metal Flame

Originally posted by Panamark
          Im up for a bit of new musical influx. Who would you cool cats recommend as new bands who are keeping the Metal flame alive ??
          Can't really answer that. Been gettin' into Motorhead lately...
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• PHOENIX
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Danko Jones!

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Guys, hows this, Ive never seen any of "The Darkness" before last night. I couldnt sleep last night and was sitting here reading the threads at 3:00 in the morning. Anyways just after I read this one, they fucking played three "The Darkness" film clips on Rage (Our all night music show). Followed by some Van Halen !

Anyways I thought they were a good Rock band, except I dont really like the singers voice. Sort of like Freddy Mercury without gonads (if thats possible) or Tiny Tim in a Metal Mood.

The last clip they played was a kind of Rock Christmas Carol and the singer was wearing a Top with the dangling stringy bits that Ozzy made famous.

Shame he is so squeaky. Otherwise they sounded good.

Keep em coming
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Queens Of The Stone Age !!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Justin Hawkins (singer of The Darkness) has described himself as Tiny Tim on methamphetemines.

The Electric Six are a cool band to check out as well.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

The Darkness sucks!

It's fake!

Comment

• Leandro Pujiz

The Darkness and.......

Comment

• Dave IS VH

It seems like, all of today's metal or hard rock is screaming, or raping to screaching guitar.

It all sounds the same to me, it's like the bands are not trying anymore, but that is only my opinion.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dave IS VH
                          It seems like, all of today's metal or hard rock is screaming, or raping to screaching guitar.

You mean rapping ??

Comment

• SilvioDante
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2004

Of course The Darkness are fake, everybody is!!! I know I am a little biased because I like them, but I know they are an image. All entertainers are. My thing is I like their image. They aren't pissing and moaning about how rough life/love/ their parents are or whatever makes this new generation mopey. News flash: I liked him, but Eddie Vedder wasn't that miserable all the time. If he didn't want to be famous, HE WOULD HAVE STOPPED MAKING RECORDS A LONG TIME AGO! Don't get me wrong, I like Pearl Jam, but this "woe is me because I didn't understand what would happen when I got famous" shit was an act. And the slacker crowd ate it up with a spoon.

Even though The Darkness are "fake", they are making music that we all miss. Music with a damn melody, fun music, party music! Dave would be, and IS proud. To quote the Diamond one," I bought (The Darkness' debut LP) PERMISSION TO LAND. It's superb. I'm definitely a fan.
                            "It's great to see a new band following the path. They've come to the right place, tapping into a source I've come from."

That is all I have to say about that. Hammer away.
                            "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Iced Earth!

Real heavy metal!
                              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Working...