PDA

View Full Version : Robinson Bros Reunite Crowes

ODShowtime
01-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Robinson Bros Reunite Crowes

Wed Jan 12, 9:05 PM ET Entertainment - E! Online

By Charlie Amter

Those "Hard to Handle" brothers Chris and Rich Robinson are ready to take flight with a reunited Black Crowes.

The long-in-the-works reunion will kick off with five Crowes shows March 22-27 at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom, the siblings announced Tuesday

Tickets for the limited-engagement run will be available to fans Jan. 25, according to the band's Website, BlackCrowes.com.

The March concerts, billed as All Join Hands, will be the band's first shows since 2001.

Although the official lineup for the reformed Crowes is not known, message boards at BlackCrowes.net are buzzing that longtime band members Eddie Harsch and Sven Pipien will join the Robinson brothers

There is speculation the band will gauge reaction to the New York shows before considering a larger nationwide tour.

Although the Black Crowes never officially broke up, the group has been on hiatus since early 2002.

In the years since, both Chris and Rich Robinson tried their own projects with little success. Rich's band Hookah Brown disbanded after a brief tenure and his solo effort, Paper, dropped last year to mixed reviews.

Chris Robinson had equally lackluster results with his post-Crowes experimentations, 2002's New Earth Mud and 2004's This Magnificent Distance.

He's been better known these days as accessory to wife Kate Hudson. The couple had their first child together in January of 2004.

Reunion talk ramped up after the band's long-dormant Website again became animated in August, featuring two "Crowe" heads facing each other as audio clips of the band's music played. At the time, Billboard reported that the brothers had met with manager Pete Angelus to plot a potential comeback.

The Black Crowes have sold more than 15 million records worldwide and performed more than 2,000 shows since their inception in 1990. At their peak in the early 1990s, they ruled rock airwaves with hits like "Hard to Handle," "She Talks to Angels" and "Twice as Hard."

BITEYOASS
01-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Shit, I hope they play in Atlanta before I head for that big sandbox on the other side of the planet. Just hope I don't pop a piss test from all the second hand pot smoke. :D

Matt White
01-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Here's hoping the Bros. can keep things together long enough for a full scale tour.

Mr Walker
01-14-2005, 09:51 AM
I hope they get Marc Ford back into the fold.

I'm making the assumption that Steve Gorman will be with the brothers... it really was the three of them that made up the core of the Crowes.

ODShowtime
01-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Man it is fun to speculate who'll be in the band. What if it's brand new? Their chemistry was getting crazy at the end of that last tour. I saw them in PSU with only about 2000-3000 other people and they just blew the roof off the place. Audley Freed is REALLy good too, but Marc Ford has that Jimmy Page aura going on.

jojo2371
02-19-2005, 11:11 PM
cool !!! i always liked the crowes !!!!

Rikk
02-20-2005, 12:08 AM
The CROWES are a great band. Their AMORICA album was fucking under-rated. I saw them that year and they were really a fantastic live band.