PDA

View Full Version : Would some one please shove a hand granade up Bill Gateīs ass for me!

kentuckyklira
01-13-2005, 09:28 AM
So, my mom seriously screwed up windows xp on her laptop. So I do the reinstall from CD routine. Now, I canīt even get into the internet with it anymore.

It just gets worse and worse and worse!:mad: :( :mad: :mad:

:mad2: Bill Gates!

flappo
01-13-2005, 09:32 AM
i shouldn't laugh

but i will

http://www.carryonline.com/carry/audio/carveup.wav

Nickdfresh
01-13-2005, 09:45 AM
I don't know about Europe, but more than a few North Americans are rebelling by installing LINUX as an operating system. Ford knows something about it.

kentuckyklira
01-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I don't know about Europe, but more than a few North Americans are rebelling by installing LINUX as an operating system. Ford knows something about it. While Iīm sure I could get used to a new OS, my 63 year old mom needs something thatīs run of the mill!

Nickdfresh
01-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
While Iīm sure I could get used to a new OS, my 63 year old mom needs something thatīs run of the mill!

Check out Ford's Apple thread. They are releasing cheaper versions of their stuff, both computers and i-pods:) .

kentuckyklira
01-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Check out Ford's Apple thread. They are releasing cheaper versions of their stuff, both computers and i-pods:) . Well, she just got her laptop a few months ago. I guess sheīd be really pissed if I told her to scrap it and get something new!

Nickdfresh
01-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Well, she just got her laptop a few months ago. I guess sheīd be really pissed if I told her to scrap it and get something new!

Have she gotten the MS "Security Patches" automatically downloaded?

I like how MS developed an operating system (XP) with more security issues than Iraq.

FORD
01-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Here's the solution for those who want to move to Linux without having to learn a whole new OS.

Get a Bit Torrent (www.bittornado.com) client and then download Xandros (http://torrents.bi-torrent.com/xandros_desktop_30_deluxe.torrent)

It's a Linux distribution with an extremely user friendly installation and user interface. If you can use Windows, you can use Xandros. And with the crossover Office applet, you can even run Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and several other Windows programs.

tomballin
01-13-2005, 02:37 PM
So, my mom seriously screwed up windows xp on her laptop. So I do the reinstall from CD routine. Now, I canīt even get into the internet with it anymore.

All you guys knocking Microsoft, geeeee. They own the world market, like it or not, deal with it.

Linux sucks for home use and web surfing.

Mac sucks for web surfing, but blows Microsoft away for graphics work.

Dell computers blow HP, Compaq and the other main stream boxes away as to quality. Yes, M. Dell is an ahole, but so is most all the other corporate execs, deal with it.

Dude, your Win XP doesn't work because you don't have your internet TCP/IP connection set up right. Also turn off XP's built in firewall it sucks and will screw you up.

tomballin
01-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Have she gotten the MS "Security Patches" automatically downloaded?

I like how MS developed an operating system (XP) with more security issues than Iraq.

MS has security problems because they own 89% of the world market and all the hackers take shots at them. If Linux or anybody else owned 89% of the world market they would have the same problems.

(FYI, the virus/worm that cooked Brett Norton's VHLinks site, and many others two weeks ago, used an exploit (secondary) that only applies to Apache Servers running Linux, along with an exploit (primary) for the Forum Board software that site was running.)

MS also has a problem of having to be all things to all people. This is where I believe Gates needs to pull his head out of his rear, and stop doing this.

Also, DO NOT automatically download security patches for MS products unless you want your computer screwed up! Half those patches just open up another hole in your OS, or screw up its functionality in surfing. Let the patch come out, and then check the professional sites to see if it is any good, or really needed after a month or so.

Learn to run a proper "hard" and "soft" firewall and OS protection software instead of screwing with the OS, or you will be sorry, in the short and long term.

tomballin
01-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Here's the solution for those who want to move to Linux without having to learn a whole new OS.

Get a Bit Torrent (www.bittornado.com) client and then download Xandros (http://torrents.bi-torrent.com/xandros_desktop_30_deluxe.torrent)

It's a Linux distribution with an extremely user friendly installation and user interface. If you can use Windows, you can use Xandros. And with the crossover Office applet, you can even run Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and several other Windows programs.

Yeah, and you just doubled/tripled the amount of security holes in your system doing that FORD.

tomballin
01-13-2005, 02:56 PM
One more thing on MS patches. A lot of them are just Microsoft trying to maintain control of the market, and scaring the shite out of you that the patch is actually for some exploit.

Denny
01-15-2005, 01:11 AM

Fuck Windows XP.........try to obtain Windows 2000 Pro and Install that on your mom's Laptop.

But do not download Service Pack 4, it can cause HUGE problems.

Windows 2000 Pro is the BEST version of Windows and it is very SECURE.

Also the Windows XP drivers work on Windows 2000 as well.

ashstralia
01-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by tomballin
Mac sucks for web surfing

????
mine works great.

flappo
01-15-2005, 06:58 AM
use safari with safari enhancer or shiira

both exc web browsers for the mac

ie's a fucking joke in comparison

ashstralia