X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The i-pod

Okay, here's the deal. I need to get my fat ass back in shape since I've bounced back from constant sinus infections.

I used to run almost everyday, but I need LOUD, RAUNCHY hard rock like CVH to run to. I have always used the Sony Sports Walkman radio thing, but now that Apple is offering cheaper i-pods without the superfluous memory, I want to pick one up for this purpose so I can sequence the songs. I need to know:

1.) How is the i-pod for working out in general?

2.) Will the headphones stand up to constant sweating? Kind of gross, but I've rusted out several sets of 'sports' waterproof headphones before. This has always been the biggest problem.

3.) Will the i-pod stand up to repeated shock, and the general abuse and pounding of long distance running?

4.) Are they water resistant overall?
  • Bill Lumbergh
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I'd like to know some of this shit too. Been thinking about getting one of these for a while.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
      I'd like to know some of this shit too. Been thinking about getting one of these for a while.
      The two new (smaller) models seem awesome. The $150 one stores 240 songs, that's all I need!

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Why are they so expensive? I want one too but it seems kinda pricey. Is it just to listen to mp3's? That's all I want it for. Also want to use it while working out...

Comment

• Ally_Kat
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

my friend had an ipod she used to use to jog with, and the thing kept breaking on her. Finally she said screw it.

But that was the originals. Not sure about these new ones coming out.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• smaz
            Commando
            • Mar 2004

My girlfriends got a 4GB Mini I-pod. Holds 1000 songs, and plays 'em loud. I don't know about for working out, but I'm sure they'd survive. They have 25 minutes of Skip-protection. Easy to use with a sensitive 'wheel', which you just move your thumb over to scroll through menus, or adjust the volume. Also have a couple of games, although they are a little pointless. For more info, check here:

Scroll to the bottom for a detailed spec.
            Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              The two new (smaller) models seem awesome. The $150 one stores 240 songs, that's all I need!
              I've been looking into the $249 one........1000 songs. Almost bought it(and one for my wife) 4 ot 5 times, not sure why I havent gone through with it. My brother has one of "big" ones, and these things are fucking great. Coming home and immediately putting the entire Dave catalog on the thing is a given. I agree with you though, the ones that hold 10,000 songs are a waste.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                Why are they so expensive? I want one too but it seems kinda pricey. Is it just to listen to mp3's? That's all I want it for. Also want to use it while working out...

I agree. 250 isnt a ton of money, but for something like this it DOES seem a bit much.

Comment

• Mezro
                  Full Member Status

• May 2004

Even an iPod mini is a bit bulky when working out.

I just ordered the iPod shuffle for my workout. 250 songs is more than enough for an hour and a half of pounding the iron and intense cardio.

Mezro...saw the shuffle at Macworld yesterday...super tiny...super light...perfect for activity and cheap as balls...sold...
                  Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Mezro
                    Full Member Status

• May 2004

Mezro...almost forgot...click and check it out...

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Great tip Mez! Thanks...

Comment

• smaz
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2004

Holy fook.... Those shuffles are tiny!!! And cheap too. I'm not sure if they're availible in the U.K. though. And it shuffling your songs could be a bit annoying.....
                        Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Mezro
                          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by smaz
                          Holy fook.... Those shuffles are tiny!!! And cheap too. I'm not sure if they're availible in the U.K. though. And it shuffling your songs could be a bit annoying.....
                          Anybody who is serious about their workout will not be fucking around picking out songs every two minutes. Set it and forget it.

Mezro...shuffle = variety...it can also play your playlist in order as well...

Comment

• smaz
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                            Anybody who is serious about their workout will not be fucking around picking out songs every two minutes. Set it and forget it.

Mezro...shuffle = variety...it can also play your playlist in order as well...
                            Good points. I didn't kown it played it in order too. I'll keep an eye out for 'em

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                              http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

Mezro...almost forgot...click and check it out...
                              Impressive! But Mezro, how do the ear buds hold up to sweat or rain?

Comment

Working...