X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Anybody ever have an MRI?

Anybody ever have an MRI? I have to have another one. I had one before about 6 years ago but I was heavily sedated and don't remember much.

I'm claustrophobic and I think I'm going to freak the hell out.

How long does it last? The doctor gave me Ativan to calm me down.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

It's a "walk in the park"!

Relax.
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Carmine
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

I had one before. If you are claustrophobic, Sorry BBB, but you will not like this. Mine took 50 minutes...best thing to do is just close your eyes and relax. It was 8 years ago that I had mine, I have heard they do have "open" ones now. I hope for you sake, its an open test.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

I have had 2. Find out if you can get an "OPEN SYSTEM" MRI. You don't have to go in the tube. I have had BOTH kinds and found the Open System type to be a walk in the park.

They generally last about 45 mins... Too damn long to be in a tube!

Comment

• DLR7884
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, I hope you have the open one too!

DLR7884
          Just double up on the drugs and get some Z's.
          Originally Posted by WARF:
          DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• distortion9
            Sniper
            • Mar 2004

Just recently had a "Stand Up" MRI done for my back....it was great. They had a wide screen tv set up playing old Honeymooner episodes, I shit you not.

I've also had a "closed" MRI done way back. Didn't bother me much, it was just REALLY hard to stay perfectly still for so long.

Look into the "Stand Up" thing.
            http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sternsucks.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...9e45f7d735.jpg

Your mom's box!

Comment

• smaz
              Commando
              • Mar 2004

I think it was one of those I had, or it was something similar. I swear it took about 10 mins or so, but I'm not sure. I got given shite music to listen to, and almost fell asleep. They're easy, just lie there and wait. You should get an alarm or something you can press if you need to stop at any time though.
              Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

my father takes them every other week it seems now.

His last about 45 mins in the tube. They should ask you if you are claustrophobic and when they tell you, they'll most likely knock you out for it. If they just give you something to take the edge off of your worry, they'll also give you some headphones to listen to.

It is also rather loud in them. That's mainly why they give you the headphones.

But yeah, if you are worried that you'll freak out, just warn them before hand and take the snooze.

edit -- Dad says they'll also inject you with something before they start.
                Last edited by Ally_Kat; 01-13-2005, 05:56 PM.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Jesterstar
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

If I am not mistaken a MRI means that the cylinder is going to shrink to the size of your body cutting off your air and circulation for almost a full minuet. But I am only totally certain of that. I hear it can kill a closterphobic also.
                  Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Comment

• distortion9
                    Sniper
                    • Mar 2004

wtf?
                    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sternsucks.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...9e45f7d735.jpg

Your mom's box!

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

What the open system does is microwave your fuckin' brains until the Alien's homing selector pin falls outta your head - and they do this because the damned thing is so hard to find with x-rays: very small, metallic but does not show up in imaging.

The amplified waves of over 300,000 MegaGAUSS® induced directly into the forehead actually vibrates the little bastard sufficiently to the extent that it breaks thru the surface of the skin no matter how deeply embedded in yer skull, whereupon a hi-frequency microsensor detects when it hits the metal pan behind the foam pillow you lay down on.

Fuck ATAVAN, ask for some SHIATSU. And a Percodan pushed up the arse.. that'll calm you down some really good, now!

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

I was never injected with anything? I stayed awake and without meds both times. I closed my eyes before going in and NEVER opened them. I did bacis relaxation techniques while in the tube. I did get a lil freaked the first time and almost had to ask them to get me out, but I just did some deep breathing and it wore off.

Comment

• DLR7884
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I thought they did injections or made you drink some sort of liquid when you got a CAT scan....

DLR7884
                          Not an MRI....I'm probably mistaken though.
                          Originally Posted by WARF:
                          DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                            I was never injected with anything? I stayed awake and without meds both times. I closed my eyes before going in and NEVER opened them.
                            meh.

what a fun lay you seem to be.

you probably frigg it under the covers, with the lights and TV off too.

Comment

• smaz
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by GAR

What the open system does is microwave your fuckin' brains until the Alien's homing selector pin falls outta your head - and they do this because the damned thing is so hard to find with x-rays: very small, metallic but does not show up in imaging.

The amplified waves of over 300,000 MegaGAUSS® induced directly into the forehead actually vibrates the little bastard sufficiently to the extent that it breaks thru the surface of the skin no matter how deeply embedded in yer skull, whereupon a hi-frequency microsensor detects when it hits the metal pan behind the foam pillow you lay down on.

Fuck ATAVAN, ask for some SHIATSU. And a Percodan pushed up the arse.. that'll calm you down some really good, now!

Fantastic....
                              Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

Working...