PDA

View Full Version : Saban Interested in Williams & Henry

ALinChainz
01-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Dolphins: Saban interested in Williams and Henry

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Saturday, January 15, 2005

News
Dolphins' head coach Nick Saban is moving quickly to address the team's running back woes. The Miami Herald reports that Saban has asked at least two players whether they would be open to the idea of Ricky Williams returning. At the same time, team officials are exploring the possibility of trading for Bills' running back Travis Henry.

Views
Henry is from Florida and likes the idea of playing on grass. Williams appears to have lost his mind and simply likes grass. It's hard to imagine that the Bills would trade Henry to a division rival. The Bills are said to be asking for a second-round pick in exchange for Henry, which might kill a potential deal because the Dolphins don't have a second-round pick to offer.

POJO_Risin
01-15-2005, 02:37 PM
I think Buffalo will trade Henry to whereever...

There will be some obvious teams that will be looking at him...

You'd have to think Oakland, San Francisco...maybe two places he would look at...

I like Henry...he should be starting somewhere...

ALinChainz
01-15-2005, 02:41 PM
He will. I'm sure the Bills would rather trade him somewhere else other than a division rival.

Niners still have a big financial interest in Barlow, and capable back-up in Hicks.

Oakland's a possibility, for Williams also if he decided to play. If Alexander leaves Seattle, they'll be in the market. Shipp is injury prone and Emmitt is old, the Cards could be interested.

Someone will take him. And probably get him fairly cheap.

POJO_Risin
01-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Forgot about Zona...

I know that Barlow is there...and they are high on Hicks...but...if their new coach thinks those two guys are the answer...we'll be talking about ANOTHER new coach soon...

I'm still think Miami...especially if they get what they want...They can't offer a 2nd rounder this year...but perhaps you offer a 4th rounder this year...and a 2nd next...who knows...

ALinChainz
01-15-2005, 02:51 PM
They are in need and may have to go that little extra to land him, but he is young enough and has shown big time toughness so far in his career.

Miami picking high also, but can't see a RB worthy of that high a selection that will be coming out this season. Maybe they trade down, garner another couple picks, and then deal for Henry.

POJO_Risin
01-15-2005, 03:13 PM
That's very possible...

I know they don't want Miami to have Henry...

in the same respect...if you roll through the teams...there aren't really that many that need backs...as silly as that sounds...

Shaun Alexander may have a say in all of this by the time it's all said and done...

ALinChainz
01-15-2005, 03:16 PM
And maybe ... less likely now ... but maybe ...Edgerrin James.

Still think Anthony Thomas could be had to from the Bears. Maybe T.J. Duckett, though Atlanta will probably hold onto him.

POJO_Risin
01-15-2005, 03:19 PM
You never know with Duckett...because of Dunn's contract...but he's not sturdy...

I just don't see a whole lot of teams looking for backs...there are a lot of good ones playing...

I'm not sure of potential free agency...but Henry would be at the top of the blocks...

with all the receivers wrapped up in Indy...you'd have to think they'd franchise Edge...

and what about Faulk in St. Louis?

POJO_Risin
01-15-2005, 03:19 PM
I think you'll see ATrain move...I think he COULD be a good...maybe even a great back in this league in the right situation...

ALinChainz
01-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Faulk will be their third down man. He is certainly in the latter stages and don't see him moving on to another team. I tend to think he will retire there.

POJO_Risin
01-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Well...2 words...

Emmitt Smith...

you never know with a guy like Faulk...he always WANTS in there...watch him on the sidelines...he's a crazy man when he's not in the game...

ALinChainz
01-15-2005, 03:26 PM
He is. I always think that Emmitt has better longevity because most of the injuries he has suffered were above the waist, not leg injuries. Shoulders, shit like that.

Faulk has had bad wheels, knees especially, but ankles and shit too. The knee is a degenerative thing now, won't get better so his touches are going to become less where Emmitt will only run out of gas from age.

POJO_Risin
01-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Good points all...

it will depend on money though...with Jackson there...they may want to go somewhere else with the dough...we'll have to wait and see...

It will be interesting to see the league back speculation after the Super Bowl...

another thing to think about...

what happens if Bettis wants to play another year...and Pittsburgh doesn't make him an offer because of their precarious salary cap position...

There are a lot of fringe things that could make it all interesting...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Forget Cheech, er, Ricky....

Why would any team now take a chance on someone who admittedly does not want to stop smoking weed ??

I think if the price is right, if you're the Bills, you'd trade Henry to the Dolphins... This is a business....

ALinChainz
01-16-2005, 12:59 PM
A lot of Bettis' success I think is their line.

How will he be somewhere else with a lesser line AND scheme.

You're right, the off season will be interesting in that regard.

redblkwht
01-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Why would miami want him dont they ahve a top 3 pick
yeah they do..here the draft is BTW..

redblkwht
01-16-2005, 11:30 PM
My bad..
I see them getting a rook in the draft.

redblkwht
01-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Fucking text..

1 San Francisco 49ers 2-14