• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Leinart staying at USC

unless he gets hurt...

the thing with him is that he can really do something special at USC...

no doubt he'll be a top pick...if not the top pick next year...National Title or not...

Think if they would have had Mike Williams this year at WR...good lord...what a talented team...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • diamondD
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Houston Nutt is wondering WTF he was thinking when Arkansas put USC on the schedule for the next 2 years.
    Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Houston Nutt is a moron for staying at Arkansas...

Nutt's a good coach...on a team that won't ever contend for a freakin' national title..
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Bob_R
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Finally a smart human being who knows that the NFL is not going anywhere. Stay in school finish your education and then you're done and don't have to worry about it anymore.

Is there a rule for this? I believe there is. I think you must complete at least 3 years to be eligible for the NFL draft.

For college basketball to the NBA I think there's no rules. Which is stupid.
        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Yes...in the NFL...there is a rule...

Clarett tried to fight it...and got burnt...

in the NBA...there isn't...and it's muddled the pro and college game...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

And it is good to see a kid play for four years...

unless he gets hurt (ie Willis McGahee)

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Not always the best move.

The only upside is banging college chicks.

He gets hurt or for some reasons sucks big time, he hurts himself.

He could be the consensus #1 overall pick in the draft, and play for the sotried 49ers as maybe the next great QB there, in California where he is now.

Will that be the case next season?

You are talking about a difference in millions if not.

Comment

• redblkwht
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                You are talking about a difference in millions if not.
                Dude reguardless, he'd be a top 5 pick this draft for sure.
                3 points..

1) He could fuck himself playing this year without a contract, no NFL.
                Big Injury?

2)He doesnt want to play for top 5 team as it sits?

3)Hes gonna work for the biggest rookie payday ever..

2 negs/1 positive.

I see him taking over in GB, gut feeling..lmao, if it unravels that way-

EUAS

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Well, he's certainly taking a chance...

Not only that he gets hurt, but that he doesn't have the great year that he just finished....

Let's say he has a decent, but unspectacular year....

Now he's a mid 1st rounder as opposed to the #1 pick....

That's a lot of clams.....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

It dropped Marino down to 20th when he got drafted, having a lesser senior season after a killer junior year.

It all worked out of course, but it cost him money early on also.

Easy to continue your education in the off-season, especially if he ended up in San Francisco.

But it worked for Manning, so who knows.

Comment

Working...