X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Is anyone going to watch the Pro Bowl?

My son really wants to watch it. I'd rather go see the movie "Miracle' but, I guess we'll see what happens. The Pro Bowl is just a downer after the Super Bowl.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • DLR7884
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Please explain to your son that the NFL Pro Bowl is the worst out of all of the professional all-star games.

Tell him if he goes to see "Miracle" with you (which is gonna be a kick ass movie) that you will allow him to stay up late and watch the NBA All-Star dunk contest, etc. I don't know how old he is, but that could work, if he is younger.

You need to break down the list of his favorite players who have opted to sit out the Pro Bowl to avoid injury.

DLR7884
    If that doesn't work, have him PM me, I'll set him straight
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Thanks buddy! But, just like his Dad he hates basketball. I'll have to go to Plan B.
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Fuck the NBA All-star game too....

The NHL All-star game is the one remaining pro All-star game worth watching....

Defense lays back, no big checks, no penalties, plenty of odd-man breaks...
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

"Is anyone going to watch the Pro Bowl?"

never have, never will
          Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• DLR7884
            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I'm not watching the Pro Bowl.

DLR7884
            B-O-R-I-N-G (yawn)
            Originally Posted by WARF:
            DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Lou

It's stupid, they shouldn't even have a Pro Bowl because no one wants to get hurt, and half of the best players don't even play, claming injury.

Just name the guys all-NFL first and second team, and don't play a game. Plus, it being after the season is over is pretty anti-climactic.

Comment

• Gmoney

Will miss both games......DARN!!!!

I'd rather watch paint dry than the Pro Bowl....no hard hitting. They should just wear dresses!!!

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                  Just name the guys all-NFL first and second team, and don't play a game. Plus, it being after the season is over is pretty anti-climactic.
                  I say they have it the week before the Super Bowl minus the players from the Super Bowl teams.

Comment

• Troy
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

I've never watched a Pro Bowl because I've heard how bad it is. Besides, it's too depressing to know that the next game (preseason) is 6 months away.

Comment

• SIMONE

yeah!you did'nt hear?VAN HALEN is supposed to be the surprise half time show!!!!
                      hahahahaha!!!

Comment

Working...