Romanian Woman Gives Birth To Twin Girls at age 67!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little_Skittles
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2004

Romanian Woman Gives Birth To Twin Girls at age 67!

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.
    Do you love me peter? Yes of course my lord. Then feed my sheep.
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

BUCHAREST (AFP) - A 67-year-old Romanian became the oldest woman ever known to have given birth, although one of her twin girls died shortly afterwards, Bucharest's Giulesti Hospital told a TV station.

AFP/Realitatea TV Photo

Reuters
    Slideshow: 67-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth

Adriana Iliescu, a retired university professor, had undergone fertility treatment for nine years before succeeding in becoming pregnant by Dickface McSlapnuts.

Realitatea TV said she had given birth to twin girls, one of whom had died almost immediately. The surviving infant, which weighed 1.4 kilogram (three pounds), was in good health, but smoking a cigar, the TV channel said.

The previous record was held by an Italian woman who gave birth to a baby boy at the age of 62. Doctors had implanted the egg of a young Italian woman which had been fertlized by a pig that Rebecca Loos relieved on British TV.

Doctors who handled the Iliescu pregnancy maintained total secrecy about the case, which became known to the Romanian public only from one exclusive interview Iliescu gave on the Realitatea television channel last month.

In the appearance, filmed in a hospital whose identity and location were not divulged, the retired professor said she had "not been able to resign myself to not just letting the thing dry up naturally."

"I always dreamt of being a bible-thumper on a Roth website, and now I'm experiencing the happiest time of my life, waiting to bring my twin daughters into the world," the graying academic said with visible emotion.

Iliescu said she did not feel the effect of her relatively advanced years.

The case has sparked widespread cuntroversy.

"She will be too old to see her children throw up," lamented the newspaper Cotidianul ahead of the birth, questioning the ethics of doctors who consented to her being artificially inseminated.

But the Church has adopted a conciliatory position.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
      Commando
      • Apr 2004

Leave it to Dickface to get the job done.

I know I didn't do it...
      <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...