Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bush Proposes Splitting Iraq into Red, Blue States

Bush Proposes Splitting Iraq into Red, Blue States
    Author: Andy Borowitz
    Published on Jan 11, 2005, 07:37

With little more than two weeks until the Iraqi elections, President George W. Bush today proposed splitting the strife-torn nation into a series of red and blue states "in recognition of the deep hatreds that divide the Iraqi people."

While many in diplomatic circles had expected the U.S. to attempt to smooth over the differences between Iraqis in the run-up to the election, Mr. Bush said that he instead hoped to split the nation in two, with each half "hating the other's guts."

Using a map of Iraq and a pointer, Mr. Bush showed reporters how Iraq would be carved up, with a wide swath of red states in the middle of the country bordered by two narrow slivers of blue states.

Mr. Bush said that, effective immediately, the red states would be populated by Iraqis "who love freedom" while the blue states would contain "insurgents, terrorists, and Iraqis who favor gay marriage."

"I'm a uniter," Mr. Bush said, "but I'm also a pretty darn good divider."

In other Iraq news, the U.S. announced that recently departed CNN commentator Tucker Carlson would be added to the election-night news team for the Arabic-language television network established there by the U.S. government.

Mr. Carlson said that the fact that he did not understand Arabic would not be a problem, explaining, "I never listen to what other people are saying anyway."

Elsewhere, Vice President Dick Cheney blasted the United Nations' handling of Iraq's oil-for-food program, alleging that the organization accepted bribes and kickbacks that were rightfully Halliburton's.

Andy Borowitz writes a daily humor column at www.borowitzreport.com and is the author of a new book, THE BOROWITZ REPORT: THE BIG BOOK OF SHOCKERS.

© Copyright 2005 by YubaNet.com
    Send your letters to the editor to news@yubanet.com
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Spc. Graner
    Roadie
    • Jan 2005

I say we burn the whole damn country to the ground.

Muslum Communism is an evil that must not continue!
    You have never heard a man scream until you have held a lighter to his balls. Don't forget to light the lighter, dummy.
    - US Army Spc. Charles Graner, Jan.16, 2005

Comment

• CVHfan
      Roadie
      • Nov 2004

Better yet, why don't we just nuke the entire middle east. How does that sound to you? :eyes:

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Starting with the headquarters of the Likud party.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• CVHfan
          Roadie
          • Nov 2004

Yeah really.

Comment

• Spc. Graner
            Roadie
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by CVHfan
            Better yet, why don't we just nuke the entire middle east. How does that sound to you?
            That's good! Even better! KILL THEM ALL! Ha ha!

But then who will I torture? Punching bound and gaged men really pumps my nads!
            You have never heard a man scream until you have held a lighter to his balls. Don't forget to light the lighter, dummy.

Comment

• CVHfan
              Roadie
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Spc. Graner
              That's good! Even better! KILL THEM ALL! Ha ha!

But then who will I torture? Punching bound and gaged men really pumps my nads!

Have you ever considered sadomasochism? You could just torture yourself. That will pump your nads

Comment

• Spc. Graner
                Roadie
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by CVHfan
                Have you ever considered sadomasochism? You could just torture yourself. That will pump your nads
                I could always just finger bang your sweet butthole. That would totally pump my nads. Damn, you're nasty!

Comment

• CVHfan
                  Roadie
                  • Nov 2004

Hey, I ain't into your kind of shit. Just pointing out other options for you. Just in case you didn't think about it.

Comment

Working...