PDA

View Full Version : Eddie still has it...i just downloaded a concert off the 2005 tour

col5150
01-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Just thought id chuck in my 2 cents on Edd.

The guy deffinately still has it, i just downloaded one of the last concerts from the tour and he kicked ass.

His solo was excellent full of loads of new riffs as well as the usual shit hes been playing for 20 odd years. Maybe he was sober the night of the concert i watched. He even played in the same key as wolfie during there little father and son bollocks.

Perhaps the guys just bored of playing the same shit over and over again. It seems like every time he strays in a song and plays something different, folk say he fucked up.

Sammy fuckin sucked point blank but he always did. If they did a classic reunion edd could more than perform. So long as he hasnt killed himself with booze by then.

col5150
01-18-2005, 08:29 AM
ok i meant 2004

lafours
01-18-2005, 08:50 AM
I did here a boot of "Im the one" from soundcheck and Ed pretty much nailed it...so the potential never left...

FORD
01-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by col5150
ok i meant 2004

I think you meant 1998. Despite Cherone's half assed Sammy meets Paul Stanley screeching throughout the entire thing, Eddie did sound fairly good on that tour, for the most part. But he was playing like total shit on the Van Hagar "Fleece The Sheep" cash grab tour.

DrMaddVibe
01-18-2005, 10:31 AM
How would you know that foLIARrd?

You went to the shows? You downloaded the concerts? You work the concession counter?

STFU!

Anything other than Dave called Van Halen is a ghost of what once was. A shadow of greatness, a sham to the ears. After I saw them at Monsters of Rock...I unplugged and refused to give those cocksuckers one thin dime or on kb of downloaded space on my hard drive.

tydhurst
01-18-2005, 11:46 AM
So what if Eddie palyed well.. Look who he chose to sing!

DLR7884
01-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Eddie still has it...

He still has "what?":

CANCER?
DRINKING PROBLEM?
SHITTY LEAD SINGER FOR HIS BAND?

DLR7884
EVH sucks, he's played the same solos since 1975.

Mishar_McLeud
01-18-2005, 12:19 PM
^^http://www.freepgs.com/mishar/misc/funny.gif
You even collect Sammy's pics on you PC :D??

Jesterstar
01-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
He still has "what?":

CANCER?
DRINKING PROBLEM?
SHITTY LEAD SINGER FOR HIS BAND?

DLR7884
EVH sucks, he's played the same solos since 1975.

Yea but he taps with his Fingers................HIS FINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm more pissed off about the way they recycle their riffs and progressions.

Matt White
01-18-2005, 12:21 PM
:)

Mishar_McLeud
01-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
EVH sucks, he's played the same solos since 1975. [/B]
LOL, he even plays the same ATBL since 1975 :rolleyes:

Bill Lumbergh
01-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Ed still has it, huh? You must have jumped into a DeLorean, and hit 88 miles an hour with the meter set for 1982.

Jesterstar
01-18-2005, 12:30 PM
But the Solo's Tapping with the fingers!!!!!!!!!!! Showing us the skill the same skill he's had for 30 years.........the paint job on the guitar I mean it's all there. HE'S STILL GOT IT.............Isn't that what this thread is about???

Carmine
01-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Ed still has it, huh? You must have jumped into a DeLorean, and hit 88 miles an hour with the meter set for 1982.

:lol:

"Eddie.....its the band.....something has gotta done about the band"!!

ThrillsNSpills
01-18-2005, 12:41 PM
credibility is gone due to the following-

ed is spelled edd
no grasp of the there, they're, their mystery
no mention of what Ed still has (herpes, maybe)
no mention of which show
the fact that no matter what he does, many folk still wouldn't know the difference between an inspired night and a shitty one. (see Matt's photo above)
Since Ronald is on vocals, obviously the set list is severly compromised.

no DLR pushing them to do their best

Mishar_McLeud
01-18-2005, 01:45 PM
I have a Greenboro audio boot, and he sounds good to me. But his tone has changed to more dry, and that's what cause talks about him 'loosing it'. If he would have had the same amount of effects he used to have since FUCK tour nobody would have noticed anything.

Golden AWe
01-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Mishar_McLeud
^^http://www.freepgs.com/mishar/misc/funny.gif
You even collect Sammy's pics on you PC :D??

look!

the kid even brought his toy avatars from the links!

MUSICMAN64
01-18-2005, 03:36 PM
HES STILL GREAT. THE PROBLEM IS HE'S DONE EVERYTHING YOU CAN ON THE GUITAR TRICK WISE. IT ALL REALLY COMES DOWN TO THE SONGS AT THIS POINT. THERES NO MORE OH MY GOD'S WHEN A NEW RECORD COMES OUT BECAUSE we've HEARD IT ALL.
WHEN THE CLASSIC 6 WERE RECORDED EACH NEW RECORD BROUGHT something NEW. WE NEED A NEW RECORD WITH DAVE WITH GREAT SONGS. EDDIE WILL ALWAYS BE EDDIE.
THE PROBLEM isnt IN HIS PLAYING, ITS THE SHIT HE WRITES WITH SAMMY NOW. DAVE BROUGHT OUT THE BEST IN ED. FIRE, ANGER, ATTITUDE AND INTENSITY. WITH SAM THERE JUST ANOTHER JOURNEY MEETS SURVIVOR MEETS any other middle OF THE ROAD POP ROCK BAND. THERE CERTAINLY NOT VAN HALEN ANYMORE. SAMMY HAGAR RUINED VAN HALEN.

Golden AWe
01-18-2005, 03:37 PM
who the fakk is eddie?

Mishar_McLeud
01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
look!

the kid even brought his toy avatars from the links!
Lol, that's emoticon, not avatar http://www.freepgs.com/mishar/misc/sssh.gif http://www.freepgs.com/mishar/misc/thumb.gif

Nice to see you around Ted :cool:

Golden AWe
01-18-2005, 03:49 PM
oh, i spelled it wrong...well, it's still a bit dumb

nice to see you too, kid

i have a few questions to you -

have you bought a lot of live-Queen lately? still bashing freddie, one of our other gods?

have your parents bought you any capri-pants yet?

Mishar_McLeud
01-18-2005, 03:59 PM
^ I've DLed enough Queen live boots myself mate :). Lately - Live in Sao Paulo 1981 and Live Hipodrome de Paris 1979. Sorry if I sounded a little out-of-line in that thread, but that was probably because of...OK, what goes on on the links leaves on the links.

I love Queen (at least till the Day At The Races) and I really like the way Mercury sounds. Of course the fact he didn't hit some sertain notes live doesn't neglect his 'legendary' status.

Golden AWe
01-18-2005, 04:07 PM
much better...lol

another tip:

beware of the sheep hunters

Mishar_McLeud
01-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Not only them. Wait till people get known I'm a Cherone fan too http://www.freepgs.com/mishar/misc/sssh.gif

:D

Golden AWe
01-18-2005, 04:14 PM
that's ok...could be worse...there's a crazy woman here who thinks the gay puppet did a good job on the freddie mercury-tribute though everyone knows I sing "love of my life" better

Mishar_McLeud
01-18-2005, 04:27 PM
I know only two women on the army by far, and both of them are mods :cool:

tydhurst
01-18-2005, 05:29 PM
As to why i had a Hagar picture on my PC... well i had to doctor a picture of him iwth one of my friends for a prank... Observe!

col5150
01-18-2005, 07:49 PM
the show that im speaking of was the east rutherford one on the 22-06-04.

one more thing i hate about hagar..why o why o why when someone in the audience throws an item of clothing on stage does hagar have to wear it, i dont just mean occasionally i mean every single thing that lands there. Im pretty sure the people in the crowd are just trying to get Ed to pick some of it up to stop him from wearing the same thng every night.

The plus points of this show were thus:

eddie appeared mostly sobers
he played a belter of a solo

mikey only did a 3 minute bass solo instead of the usual

ed was spot on with virtually all he played

the bad points:

sammy hagar

when its love

sammy hagar

why cant this be love

sammy hagar

sammy hagars renditions of panama and jump

an finally no Diamond Dave

rustoffa
01-18-2005, 08:23 PM
I'll tell you what he's still got.

A rotting, character and talent decimating, gut-full of bitterness and self importance.

Strange how the baggage manifests itself in some drunken Pebbles Flintstone appearance.

Fabulous Shadow
01-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
that's ok...could be worse...there's a crazy woman here who thinks the gay puppet did a good job on the freddie mercury-tribute though everyone knows I sing "love of my life" better

You rang?

Big Troubles
01-18-2005, 10:45 PM
ok i meant 2004

Is he playing a blue the EVH Ernie Ball?

Mishar_McLeud
01-19-2005, 11:50 AM
He's been playing striped Charvels for a couple of tunes, but mostly a Green Wolfgang (r.i.p.).

He hasn't been playing ebmm-s since Balance tour.

Golden AWe
01-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
You rang?

que?

bueno bob
01-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Just thought id chuck in my 2 cents on Edd.

The guy deffinately still has it, i just downloaded one of the last concerts from the tour and he kicked ass.

His solo was excellent full of loads of new riffs as well as the usual shit hes been playing for 20 odd years. Maybe he was sober the night of the concert i watched. He even played in the same key as wolfie during there little father and son bollocks.

Perhaps the guys just bored of playing the same shit over and over again. It seems like every time he strays in a song and plays something different, folk say he fucked up.

Sammy fuckin sucked point blank but he always did. If they did a classic reunion edd could more than perform. So long as he hasnt killed himself with booze by then.

The only thing Eddie has at this point in time is my penis is his mouth.

col5150
01-19-2005, 07:20 PM
He was mostly playing the cherry sunburst flat top wolfy with the top pickup replaced with a sustainer. oh yeah and those camoflage pants