PDA

View Full Version : Pete Willis era Def Leppard

WARF
01-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Let's say Pete went on to record with the band for another twenty years.

Would Def Leppard go on to become one of the greatest rock bands of all time?

The first two Def Lep albums are better than anything Led Zeppelin has ever done IMO.

Discuss!

Full Bug
01-18-2005, 02:20 PM
You had me until you said the first 2 albums they did were better then anything Zeppelin ever did, no way dude, although High N Dry is one of my favourite albums....

WARF
01-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey, full bug... Led Zeppellin is my second all time favorite band!

So, the fact I'm saying I like the first two Def Lep albums over anything Led Zeppellin did.... says alot.

There was something magical about Leppard when Pete Willis was in the band.

Now saying that... I would take any Led Zeppelin album over Hysteria or even pyromania!

Full Bug
01-18-2005, 02:57 PM
High N Dry is an awesome record, would love to get my hands on a good live boot from that album....Anything after Pyromania sucks IMO...

WARF
01-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Hysteria is equivilant to metallica's load album... but is still filet mignon compared to the shit on , "X". How any old school Lep heads could defend their last couple albums is beyond me! Alot of people don't know that the album was help written by Russ Friederkson, the same person who helped write every NYSNC album! Seriously!

CROWBAR
01-18-2005, 04:25 PM
High and Dry was their best work IMO. You think Ed took Pete Willis' cue by being too drunk everyday to play? Nah

Mama's Fool
01-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Even with Pete they would have become what they are now. Joe and the boys are too worried about the cash. Pete probably would have left on his own if he wasn't in it for the money.