PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything Hagar did that you like?

CVHfan
01-18-2005, 10:03 PM
I really liked the first Montrose album. Hey, they even had Ted Templeman and Don Landee producing and engineering that one. And Hagar actually had good lyrics for a change. I think Ronnie Montrose is a good guitarist. Beyond that, it was all downhill from there.

academic punk
01-18-2005, 10:06 PM
I like his attempt at fashion sense.

It realy helps reinforce the fact that he is a complete tool!

CVHfan
01-18-2005, 10:10 PM
You mean the ass-backwards redneck/beach bum thing? Pretty fucking bad.

house0paincakes
01-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I like his attempt at fashion sense.

It realy helps reinforce the fact that he is a complete tool!

Not that Al, Ed & Mike had much fashion sense to begin with, but just look how silly the 5150 era was! Right after Sammy joined, Ed started wearing a lot of pink, if you get my drift...

Fabulous Shadow
01-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Do you really expect me to answer this?

Mezro
01-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Yes...he left VH once.

Mezro...would like him even more if he makes it a deuce...

Big Troubles
01-18-2005, 10:36 PM
I liked it when he would stumble over words and get all chocked up talking about Dave or VH in 96 and again in 2002. :D He looked and sounded like a total jackass.

TLR
01-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Yes. Not tour with VH for 9 years...

TLR
01-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Yes...he left VH once.

Mezro...would like him even more if he makes it a deuce...

You used the word "deuce" when referencing Sam. Subconsciously or by design? It fits...

Mezro
01-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by TLR
You used the word "deuce" when referencing Sam. Subconsciously or by design? It fits...

My bad...should have used douche:D

Mezro...my madness is always by design...

TLR
01-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
My bad...should have used douche:D

Mezro...my madness is always by design...

Ok...*nodding head* Douche sounds about right, too...

bueno bob
01-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Hagar had a lot of shit to say after he was canned (or quit, or whatever)...I didn't listen to a lot of it, because I was too fucking busy with the real Van Halen finally being back to even care...but after Dave got fucked and Sam & Dave were basically singing the same song about Ed and Al, I started to give him (Sam) a lot more credit - if Sam and Dave disagreed about EVERYTHING other than Ed and Al, well, that gave Sam a lot more credibility towards his side of the story, so far as I was concerned.

Has Hagar ever done anything musically that I liked? The first Montrose album was pretty good (albeit that was mostly Ronnie's doing...Ronnie is probably one of the five most criminally underrated guitarists ever), and there were moments of HSAS that were acceptable, but defeating that, no.

Matt White
01-19-2005, 12:15 AM
I don't own ANYTHING by/with Spam hagar. So, I guess that I don't like ANYTHING the guy has done in his 30+ year career. And, I own about 600 cds.Hmmmmmm.......Yup, he SUCKS.

guwapo_rocker
01-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by CVHfan
I really liked the first Montrose album. Hey, they even had Ted Templeman and Don Landee producing and engineering that one. And Hagar actually had good lyrics for a change. I think Ronnie Montrose is a good guitarist. Beyond that, it was all downhill from there.

NOPE!!:mad:

bueno bob
01-19-2005, 12:30 AM
When Hagar gets too old to perform ANYTHING, I will REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like that :)

Coyote
01-19-2005, 02:33 AM
About five years ago, I thought VOA was an "ok" album...

Now, I regret buying it... second-hand even...

I wonder if my sister's husband wants it, since he's got a Hagar album... :hitch:

kcmusician
01-19-2005, 05:34 AM
I like the majority of Sammy's solo stuff.... It's better than most stuff that's out there now.

Shaun

Nickdfresh
01-19-2005, 06:48 AM
He was a good guest on Howard Stern a couple of times. Especially right after he got the boot from Van Hagar.

smaz
01-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Nothing. Not a sausage. I've listened to 30 seconds of a Van Hagar song before and that was enough. Not bought anything by 'em, won't listen to anything by 'em, wouldn't go and see 'em, nothing.

Actually, maybe there is. The fact they're so easy to take the piss out of and laugh at, with Sammys dress sense (if any) and Eds desperate attempts at trying to get back in the spotlight........

Bad Muthafucker
01-19-2005, 09:26 AM
I like "Feels So Good" from "Oh We're Assholes Too"! LOL!! Now there's a good, tough, hard-rocking, fun-loving song for ya!

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2005, 09:30 AM
er...no...

Jérôme Frenchise
01-19-2005, 09:54 AM

I used to like Haggis a lot. Back in the days before he spoilt our VH, that is... when I didn't even know he existed!:D

Mishar_McLeud
01-19-2005, 11:45 AM
I'll say what I don't like from what he did - almost whole 'Three Lock Box', and every 'Best Of' compilation.

fenway5150
01-19-2005, 09:38 PM
I have to say my favorite part of all Sammy Hagar albums (solo and with VH) is the very end when it's all over.

tydhurst
01-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Ask Chunkashin!! You should see his Hagar collection. He only comes here because he owns the best of David Lee Roth, well, he borrowed it off of David Van Via!

thefive
01-20-2005, 12:29 AM
He is a worthless piece of shit.

hard rock
01-20-2005, 09:18 AM
the first montrose album was cool and i didnt mind songs like one way to rock and i cant drive 55. these were before he was in van halen and no one could ever imagine that he would be with them so there was no problem.

one things for sure Van halen gave him credibilty and a real push in his career. the live versions of one way to rock and i cant drive 55 with halen sound so much better then his studio versions and the key factor to that is ---- Eddie van halen

Satan
01-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Sammy wrote a song about me called "This Planet's On Fire (Burn in HELL)" that wasn't too bad.

DLR_EngineRoom
01-20-2005, 05:55 PM

Ok Ok, get the tape recorders ready, I'm about to make the 'guilty pleasures' admission of the century.....here goes.....

I must admit, what I really liked about Van Hagar was

a) That they were never REAL competition for whatever Dave was doing and

b) That they no longer exist.

Thank you.

smaz
01-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
a) That they were never REAL competition for whatever Dave was doing and

Is anybody?

Big Troubles
01-20-2005, 08:13 PM
I liked Cruisn' & Boozin. :D Of course I was 14 and jerking off ALOT at the time so......

rustoffa
01-20-2005, 09:12 PM
About the only thing that comes to mind is the appearance on "America's funniest home videos".

The one where the warboritas had all the doornobs in his house lowered a foot and the poor fucker thought he'd died and gone to heaven.

I cunt believe they didn't win the ten large 'cause that was some lol shit.

blueturk
01-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Hagar had a lot of shit to say after he was canned (or quit, or whatever)...I didn't listen to a lot of it, because I was too fucking busy with the real Van Halen finally being back to even care...but after Dave got fucked and Sam & Dave were basically singing the same song about Ed and Al, I started to give him (Sam) a lot more credit - if Sam and Dave disagreed about EVERYTHING other than Ed and Al, well, that gave Sam a lot more credibility towards his side of the story, so far as I was concerned.

Has Hagar ever done anything musically that I liked? The first Montrose album was pretty good (albeit that was mostly Ronnie's doing...Ronnie is probably one of the five most criminally underrated guitarists ever), and there were moments of HSAS that were acceptable, but defeating that, no.

I've got an interview in Guitar Player ('97) in which Hagar describes his reaction to the news that Eddie was working with Dave again. He says he told Eddie that if the Roth stuff (including MWM and CGTSNM) was better than his shit, he would blow both Dave and Eddie.
I hope Sammy brought some mouthwash.

bueno bob
01-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
I've got an interview in Guitar Player ('97) in which Hagar describes his reaction to the news that Eddie was working with Dave again. He says he told Eddie that if the Roth stuff (including MWM and CGTSNM) was better than his shit, he would blow both Dave and Eddie.
I hope Sammy brought some mouthwash.

Open mouth, insert foot...and cock, apparently...lol

Shaun Ponsonby
01-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Other than Montrose and CERTAIN solo stuff. Really, I can only say I like 'I Can't Drive 55', and I quite liked some of his covers (like Janis Joplin's 'Piece of My Heart', but, I liked that song anyway when Janis did it), no.

Actually, if he wasn't such a big-headed, Roth-hating wank, then, I would have nothing against him. It's just the way he keeps poking fun at the diamond one.

CVHfan
01-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Other than Montrose and CERTAIN solo stuff. Really, I can only say I like 'I Can't Drive 55', and I quite liked some of his covers (like Janis Joplin's 'Piece of My Heart', but, I liked that song anyway when Janis did it), no.

Actually, if he wasn't such a big-headed, Roth-hating wank, then, I would have nothing against him. It's just the way he keeps poking fun at the diamond one.

I would agree. He seems to be playing one-upmanship with Dave and it ain't cool. Though the music isn't as good with him. But, he and Eddie thumbed their noses at the back catalog they had with Roth and the handful of Roth tunes they play are not half as good as they were with Roth.

flappo
01-22-2005, 04:59 AM
apart from montrose's first album and parts of the fuck album

no

he's boring and lame