PDA

View Full Version : I just heard from a reliable source that Sam is OUT

ThrillsNSpills
01-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah , take it for what it's worth, I am in New England, and a friend of mine who is reliable tells me that it was reported on the radio that Sam and Halens are done .

That's all the details I have unfortunately . I can't say if anything was taken out of context or any revisionism took place but if I hear anything I'll relay it to you.
Take it however you want, and if you hear anything else keep us posted.

:rockit:

Iannu
01-19-2005, 03:03 PM
What u mean out? Dead???

academic punk
01-19-2005, 03:04 PM
I think it's pretty apparent that he wanted out. take the money and run. can't blame the guy.

Big Troubles
01-19-2005, 03:05 PM
prob old news story picked up from when Sam was interviewed last. There will be another sappy album.

DLR7884
01-19-2005, 03:10 PM
What radio station?

Not trying to be a dick, but what makes this source "reliable?"

DLR7884
?

DLR7884
01-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Iannu
What u mean out? Dead???

?

DLR7884
Take your time, and reread what he wrote, slowly.

Carmine
01-19-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm checking Rock Daily to see if there is anything there.

Mishar_McLeud
01-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I think it's pretty apparent that he wanted out. take the money and run. can't blame the guy.
He didn't need that money. Even if HALF of the cash they've made would've been transfered to his account, he wouldn't have noticed a difference. So at least Sammy didn't do that for bucks.

academic punk
01-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Sure he did. It's not about how much you make, it's about how much you SPEND.

Hagar had a costly divorce back in 96, which is why he defied Ed and released a solo greatest hits package back then (read: he needed the money). that infuriated ed, especially as how that conflicted with Ed's own plans for VH. So Sam was kicked out.

Whatever is goign on at the moment in Sam world, look, it's MONEY. If you have the chance to grab it - and it may well be his LAST chance - you do. right?

scottydabodi
01-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Sam is out?? Maybe they meant OUT OF THE CLOSET...

ThrillsNSpills
01-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
What radio station?

Not trying to be a dick, but what makes this source "reliable?"

DLR7884
?

My friend is reliable , I've known him for 15 years and he's not one to grandstand or make things up. I've got a call in to find out which station and I wanted to find out if it wasn't a KSHE rehash. Take it all with a grain of salt because we've heard nothing but rumor after rumor and of course most of it is crap. I don't know what station yet but when he calls I'll hopefully find out. The only thing I can add is that it seems to fit Mike's statement about him being out there with Sam this year. (not that that matters :) ) OUt there, meaning doing shows, as opposed to out there the way Alex and Ed are.

DLR7884
01-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Cool.

DLR7884
Maybe that dickweed Andrew over at melodicrock.com will fabricate some juicy new lies for us all to enjoy!

Golden AWe
01-19-2005, 03:48 PM
sammy has always been out...out of favor...out of style...out of love...totally out.

Dr. Weenis
01-19-2005, 03:53 PM
I just heard from a reliable source that there's a gay Hagar poetry contest at Hitchworld1969.com.

Your pal,
Dr. Penis

DavidLeeNatra
01-19-2005, 04:08 PM
even if your friend is a reliable source and he heard something on some radio station...DJ's don't know shit and are NEVER that reliable sources...

lms2
01-19-2005, 04:11 PM
It doesn't matter if Spam is out if that only means the sisters are going back into seclusion so Ed can drink himself to death in peace... It only matter is Sam is out and DAVE is in...

Carmine
01-19-2005, 04:17 PM
There isn't anything on Rock Daily. Although, I hope it is true!

www.wlup.com/rock_daily/index.aspx

DLR_EngineRoom
01-19-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
Yeah , take it for what it's worth, I am in New England, and a friend of mine who is reliable tells me that it was reported on the radio that Sam and Halens are done .

That's all the details I have unfortunately . I can't say if anything was taken out of context or any revisionism took place but if I hear anything I'll relay it to you.

To Sammy Hagar,

Heard about you being kicked outta the band for the second time.
So, in classic Dave tradition, we decided to cover an appropriately classic tune to commemorate such an event.

(An a 1...an a 2....)

NA NA NA NA,
NA NA NA NA,
HEY HEY HEY...
GOODBYE!!!

From your friends at the Roth Army 2005 :D

Rikk
01-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Hope it's true, though I can't say I give that much of a shit about that band right now. Even if Dave re-joins, it'll be Dave playing with three bitter old men. Fuck Eddie. I hope he loses his house and becomes a junkie.

Nickdfresh
01-19-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure Sammy was REALLY IN Van Whatever at any rate. No record contract, no more real touring prospects, and he clearly has a separate identity on his Waborita obsessed chedrocker.com (www.redrocker.com) site.

Bill Lumbergh
01-19-2005, 06:07 PM
It doesnt matter anymore. EVH is done, his drunken brother is too, and "the drink fetcher" has his head 50 ft. up Hagars big ass. All I want for Christmas is a new Dave album, and tour with a DIFFERENT setlist. Oh, and my wife bringing a couple big titted blondes into bed with us couldnt hurt. :D

DLR7884
01-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
All I want for Christmas is a new Dave album.

I agree, but it better be ALL originals.

DLR7884
Just like DLR Band.

Bill Lumbergh
01-19-2005, 06:10 PM
I agree, but it better be ALL originals.

DLR7884
Just like DLR Band.

No doubt about it.

Atomic_Rob
01-19-2005, 06:29 PM
I really hope 2005 is gonna be Dave's year. New album, huge world tour, all while Eddie and Alex sit in front of the TV wasting away.

Fuck Sammy Hagar, hes been ruining this band for too fuckin long.

He should of been thrown out long ago.

Jérôme Frenchise
01-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Haggis out? Sounds as if my loathsome neighbours (I had almost forgotten they even existed) are divorcing. I don't give a damn.

I agree, what is at stake is Dave's next. His band is great, so let's hope for some great record to be released, as we can obviously expect some. And VH is no place for Dave to be anymore: it's a snakepit. Moreover, he is no substitute, then what lion would put a sheep's boots on??

guitarboy5150
01-19-2005, 07:39 PM
i was over @ the links and someone said they heard on the radio about van hagar recording a new album. might not belive this because it was off the radio

Nickdfresh
01-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by guitarboy5150
i was over @ the links and someone said they heard on the radio about van hagar recording a new album. might not belive this because it was off the radio

On what label?

tomballin
01-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Of course Hagar is out, he was never back in with the Sisters. This was the whole plan from the beginning. Look, Eddie’s exact words before the Tour, (I will try to find the article, when I have time or I can’t remember he may have said it on those interviews with those DJ’s in Iowa or where ever) was they were going to do this Tour, and then they were going to go separate ways and work on “other projects” they wanted to do.

Hagar said it early on also, before management and Clear Channel made Hagar/EVH change their tune in public to support the Tour/album hype. EVH said specifically that he was going to take off 3-5 years after the Tour.

This was no surprise to me. This is what EVH always does. 1996, 2000, 2004, next 2008. So really all this is old news, imo.

lms2
01-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah, there were a lot of places where Ed, Al and Spam all said that they were just together for this one tour... but you can't believe anything these guys say!

tomballin
01-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by guitarboy5150

Yeah right, EVH is bringing in Johnny Black and Johnny Red for the new album.

Got to remember EVH said he had 10 albums of new material and then we got those 3 new after-birth songs for BOBW's.

EVH/AVH have ass fucked the public for too long, and they are all out of tricks. Nobody with half a brain left listens to those gay ass clowns, that have zero credibility.

VH LINKS SUCKS
01-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by tomballin
Of course Hagar is out, he was never back in with the Sisters. This was the whole plan from the beginning. Look, Eddie’s exact words before the Tour, (I will try to find the article, when I have time or I can’t remember he may have said it on those interviews with those DJ’s in Iowa or where ever) was they were going to do this Tour, and then they were going to go separate ways and work on “other projects” they wanted to do.

Hagar said it early on also, before management and Clear Channel made Hagar/EVH change their tune in public to support the Tour/album hype. EVH said specifically that he was going to take off 3-5 years after the Tour.

This was no surprise to me. This is what EVH always does. 1996, 2000, 2004, next 2008. So really all this is old news, imo.

Well, 'It's About Time' Sambo got the boot and for Edward Van Halen it's not the most important factor in his life anymore. That is, Van Halen the band that mattered years ago is not a main priority for Eddie.

The most important thing in Eddie's life is now THE BOTTLE!

tomballin
01-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Yelp your right on the bottle AND Drugs.

I posted this long ass post some where else but imo item 7f is all that matters.

--------------

Sorry for the very long post.

Originally posted by Big Train
I would argue the opposite. I would say Dave is now in the driver's seat for a reunion. They need him to help restore the brand name of VH and Clear Channel needs him to help fill those sheds. I would bet that the seeds have already been planted (Ala my July 4th Boston theory) for a reunion and I am sure the pressure is on VH heavily now to do something, as VH the corporation is bleeding at the moment.[/B]

>>>I am sure that VH had to lower their guarantee as the tour wore on

Nope they didn’t, nor re-negotiate their Tour contract, per good authority. Business is business and you take no prisoners in the music biz, rest assured. Also, the Sisters’ screw everyone around them, not just Roth, just like EVH screwed Peavey. Hell the loser, never has even had the balls to legally divorce Valerie, so he can continue to use her for an emotional tampon, and play the “doing it for Wolfie” card.

>>> I would say Dave is now in the driver's seat for a reunion

Yes Dave is in the drivers seat , but you are forgetting:

1…The Sisters ass fucked the public on a Van Roth reunion 1996, 2000, and 2004, and now EVH is a drunken/drug addict washed up bum. The general public has had it with the Sister's shite, particularly since Alex and Eddie keep bashing Diamond in the press for no valid reasons but their fucked up egos and drunken/drugged stupor.

2…Clear Channel has a policy of not going "back to the well" twice on a money losing Tour. They lost money on Ozzy's 2001 Merry Mayhem Tour, and blacklisted him over the deal. Guarantee they blacklisted the Sister’s over the Van SpamBoy Tour.

Second, CC burnt a lot of bridges on the Van SpamBoy Tour, and people in the music/venue/promotion biz have VERY long memory's. CC/The Sisters burnt the fan’s too, and they also have long memory’s…..also since 1996, and 1984.

3…I saw the Van SpamBoy's, and I saw DLR New Years in Orlando. Straight up, no R.A. bullshit, Dave has a better show, and his Band can blow Van Halen out into the back parking. I had heard a lot about how good Ray Luzier and Brian Young are, but never seen them play live. Man, both those two cats are awesome musicians, that can kick AVH/EVH's ass presently. I was really impressed, and would clearly pay money to see DLR and his band play in a larger venue, instead of that dinky stage they had New Years.

Also, I went to a 04 Van SpamBoy’s gig to see EVH for the last time, after reading the reviews. (I got very lucky, EVH had one of his better shows of the entire Tour, just 20 feet from me to a packed 20,000 capacity arena.). I fully expected for Hagar to be making a total fat slob ass of himself on-stage, as this is what he does best. However, if Diamond Dave had been fronting the Tour, and being a slob fuck-up like Hagar, I would not have gone to see the disaster.

4…Dave has never been in the biz for the money. It's not what drives the guy, and he is not hurting for money currently, particularly with his father's inheritance, and Dave’s very frugal ways. Dave doesn't need the Sisters, unless he wants to be a money whore like Hagar, and I don't see him making an ass of himself on stage with the Sisters, and in the press, like Hagar did. Also, no-way Dave would tour with the Sisters, and put up with their shite for 4 - 6 months, even for the millions Dave would make off the Tour.

5...Like I posted before, the Sisters got rich off the 04 SpamBoys Tour. They don’t give a shite about touring again. The 04 Tour was nothing but a planned money grab tour, because of the ownership change at Warner Music Group, and they own VH’s “back catalog” of music.

Former Seagram chief executive Edgar Bronfman Jr. that bought WMG (heading a private investor group) is a total worthless rich kid asshole. He ran Seagram’s in the ground after taking control from his father, and he will do the same at WMG.

Go back and look at the number of bands/artists that toured in 04, and see how many WMG owns their “back catalog”. It’s a lot! (I have the list somewhere, I will look for it and post it).....including top grossing acts, like Prince, Madonna, along with Eric Clapton, Metallica, Kid Rock, Van Halen, and a bunch more.

Also look at the dates of the WMG buyout. Announced November 03/Finalized March 04, and then look at the dates of Hagar’s “just chance” phone call/meeting with Alex, (EVH was too fucked up to meet) and the 04 Van SpamBoys Tour announcement. They are both within weeks of each other, haaaaa. So much for Hagar’s/Sister’s bullshit of we just did the SpamBoys Tour for “VH II breakup closure”, and for the fans, hun

6…Finally, no good manager would tell Dave to pursue a Van Roth ReUnion this year. The paying public had the 02 Hagar-DLR Tour, and the 04 Van SpamBoys Tour. Secondly, the promotion business finally broke (took it in the ass) in 04 due to the runaway artists guarantees and excess number of concerts promoted. (4th straight year of declining concert industry ticket sales)

2005 is very different, and there is no way that Dave and Van Halen could get a good promote deal, it they could get one in the first place, which is doubtful on a National basis, I understand. Van Halen management/attorney’s got lucky/smart and hit the market right at the top, on performance guarantees, and set a record for a hard rock band.

7…If I was Dave’s manager, I would say to him:

a…Sit back and let’s percolate the market, on a Van Roth ReUnion Tour, for 12-15 months, and see what happens.

b…Keep taking the positive high road in the press towards the Van Halen’s;

c…Keep saving people’s life as an EMT in a NYC “meat wagon”, with several third-party news articles on these events; (Good for the public “good guy image”)

d…Get out and do a mini tour, to let people know you haven’t died, and can still put on a great Van Roth style show, (with NO bad show reviews, like in the past DLR solo Tours). Also a couple of really hot new tunes damn sure wouldn’t hurt;

e…As manager, I would have the press get out several choice “third-party” articles during 05, that Roth is a victim, just like the fans, of no Van Roth ReUnion, now 3 times ‘96’/00’/04. However, Roth would only do a ReUnion with the Sisters, if he was sure a quality/value for the fans ReUnion Tour could be done with him fronting the band. (Unlike the 04 Van SpamBoys abortion, and EVH drunken/drugged bum state the whole tour)

f. As manager, I would contact the Van Halen people and see if there is some way to get EVH into alcohol/drug rehabilitation before he kills himself, and/or his cancer comes back (if it is not already back for the THIRD time) and kills him.

As to a Van Roth ReUnion tour, forget the above steps “a – e”, it step “f” cannot be accomplished. (I think because of EVH’s condition, artist/Tour promotion insurance for a Tour promoter, would be extremely hard to obtain, and no promoter will back a Tour without it.)

--------

COMMENTS:……. I really feel like, Dave is already doing something along these “ if I was Dave’s manager” lines. The guy is such a genius and thinks so far ahead of “normal mortals”, LOL.

The Boston 04 Pops gig was great for him and developing new biz contacts and interest. (I understand that Steve Tyler purposely backed out of that gig and recommended Dave, based on some kind of “inside deal”, and Tyler really likes Diamond).

Dave’s EMT deal is cool/different/unusual and will work with the public image and interest situation.

Dave’s live shows are much better than usual. Diamond seems to be more serious about the shows, and not jerking off as much on stage the last six months.

Seems like his voice is also much better. (Dave really let it get out of condition). He must be working on it and building back up his vocal cords, imo. It takes a long time normally to get your vocal cords built backup, and Diamond surely is not doing it to sing to people he is rescuing as a “meat wagon” EMT.

Also, Dave looks great for his age and high hard rocker mileage. All you people that give him shite on his looks: - Check out current pics of all the other hard rockers from the 70’s and early 80’s. Diamond looks better than 99% of them, if they are still even alive. Hey, any 50 year old single hard rockers from the 70’s here at R.A., please post your current un-retouched pics, and let’s compare them to DLR’s, haaaaaa!.

Dave has made no bones, that he would like a VH-Roth ReUnion Tour, if it was right for the fans, and they can put on a good show, without a lot of backstage problems with the Sisters.

-------

These are just my thought, what does everyone else think?

tydhurst
01-19-2005, 09:23 PM
EVH really IS a prick!

academic punk
01-19-2005, 10:48 PM
I read somewhere that - thanks to the response to his appearance on the sopranos - Dave is going to put more time and energy towards acting.

Makes sense: he can make a lot of money for one day of work, and besides, he himself has said his passion for music isn't what it used to be.

DavidLeeNatra
01-20-2005, 07:11 AM
great post tomballin...read it all the way through ;)

I guess we all should relax a bit and stop holding our breath. what I see is that our man is out there doing fine...looking happy, sounding great...and as long as he is there, I'll be happy, too...

I don't wait for a reunion, I don't wait for a new album...I can think of dave going in so many directions...actor? fine... painting? fine, too... making a blues album, going vegas, another book...?

I just take it as it comes as long as dave is delivering something for us...everything else?

hey, you never know...

DaveTheSoulOfVH
01-20-2005, 07:45 AM
my wish for 2005...

Wayne L.
01-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Who cares if Sammy is out of VH since that doesn't mean Dave is in either. I think Van Halen is history after the reunion tour with Hagar & I'm not expecting another album of original material anytime soon.

damianleeroth
01-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Awesome post tomballin!

Satan
01-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Iannu
What u mean out? Dead???

Nope. The minute his Cheddarness arrives in Hell, you'll hear about it straight from the source.

RogueHorseman
01-20-2005, 12:41 PM

Didn't we tell everybody this back at the very start of the tour?

I thought we did?

Oh yeah, we did.

I remember giving reminders of the same facts throughout the poorly attended tour as well.

I thought I did, anyway.

Oh yeah, I did.

Rikk
01-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Of course we did. But no matter how many facts you throw at a HAGAR fan, they'll try and make sense out of it.

ROTH FAN: "VAN HALEN sold more that twice as many records as VAN HAGAR."

HAGAR FAN: "Yeah, but that's because they had more records."

ROTH FAN: "They had six records, VAN HAGAR had five if you count the live album. That's a difference of one record. That doesn't account for more than twice the sales."

HAGAR FAN: "VAN HALEN fans had to buy the whole catalogue on CD again and then the remasters."

ROTH FAN: "That doesn't account for more than twice the sales. How many fans bought the albums for the first time on CD? Millions of VAN HALEN album owners are younger than 25."

HAGAR FAN: "And the remasters..."

ROTH FAN: "...don't account for anywhere near the two-digit-millions more albums sold."

HAGAR FAN: "The tour was huge."

ROTH FAN: "That's why even Rolling Stone lists it as one of the biggest failures of the year, with promoters losing money."

HAGAR FAN: "Then why did most shows sell out?"

ROTH FAN: "That's what Hagar claimed before it even began. If you look at the numbers, almost no shows sold out and the majority were playing at literally half-filled houses with reduced prices and free food and merch vouchers!"

HAGAR FAN: "That's not true!"

ROTH FAN: "So Pollstar is lying?"

HAGAR FAN: "Pollstar isn't the last word in concert statistics..."

ROTH FAN: "............uh..............okay."

HAGAR FAN: "Dave is gay!"

ROTH FAN: "Dave isn't gay, but at least he'll be remembered in 50 years."

And on and on and on.

No matter how many more failures are ever associated with VAN HAGAR...if they end up playing clubs for $5 a ticket, Ched Heads will find every way possible to claim the band intended the failure and that they are still very popular. If the world has a referendum and 80% of the world's population declare Roth the VAN HALEN frontman, Hagar fans will claim they are all brainwashed or they'd change their mind if they heard a "great" song like RUNAROUND.:rolleyes:

DLR7884
01-20-2005, 01:00 PM
LOL.

DLR7884
Like talking to a wall isn't it?

Rikk
01-20-2005, 01:02 PM
LOL.

DLR7884
Like talking to a wall isn't it?

Indeed. I get the same frustration when someone (and this almost never happens) tries to tell me that Ronnie James Dio was the singer for BLACK SABBATH!!:mad:

Carmine
01-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
they'd change their mind if they heard a "great" song like RUNAROUND.:rolleyes:

lest we forget the KILLER video for that tune with the circling floor!
:p

Carmine
01-20-2005, 01:12 PM
I have posted this before. But, I actually met some pure hagar fans in Albany this year. By pure, I mean, that these kids were at the show because they like Sammy, on his own, with no VH connection! After I recovered from the prior revelation, these kids asked about my " It aint VH....t shirt. With the following: yeah, for VH Dave is the shit, we like sammy more solo than with VH. After, getting off the floor, I processed this statement...ok, Dave is better than sammy when it comes to VH? This is easy...His own pure fans like Dave era VH, better than his brand? Cool, I ordered them all Jack and Cokes...told em where to buy the shirt, and realised that there are really no true fans of Sammy style VH,they like Dave era more....they really like Sammy better solo. Who-da-thunk-it?

Jérôme Frenchise
01-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Hello buddies!

YAWN
01-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Sam's out? Of what? There's no fucking BAND!!! It's like saying Billy Sheehan's out of Mr. Big, or Phil Anselmo's out of Pantera.

Bubba
01-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
It doesnt matter anymore. EVH is done, his drunken brother is too, and "the drink fetcher" has his head 50 ft. up Hagars big ass. All I want for Christmas is a new Dave album, and tour with a DIFFERENT setlist. Oh, and my wife bringing a couple big titted blondes into bed with us couldnt hurt. :D

I like the way this ^ mother fucker thinks!

Bubs

Rikk
01-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
I have posted this before. But, I actually met some pure hagar fans in Albany this year. By pure, I mean, that these kids were at the show because they like Sammy, on his own, with no VH connection! After I recovered from the prior revelation, these kids asked about my " It aint VH....t shirt. With the following: yeah, for VH Dave is the shit, we like sammy more solo than with VH. After, getting off the floor, I processed this statement...ok, Dave is better than sammy when it comes to VH? This is easy...His own pure fans like Dave era VH, better than his brand? Cool, I ordered them all Jack and Cokes...told em where to buy the shirt, and realised that there are really no true fans of Sammy style VH,they like Dave era more....they really like Sammy better solo. Who-da-thunk-it?

Great story!

That said, I think there's nothing on Earth worse than Sammy Hagar solo music. I CAN'T DRIVE 55 is one of the most embarressing and horrible songs ever. That MARCHING TO MARS song makes me want to kill someone.

Carmine
01-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Great story!

That said, I think there's nothing on Earth worse than Sammy Hagar solo music. I CAN'T DRIVE 55 is one of the most embarressing and horrible songs ever. That MARCHING TO MARS song makes me want to kill someone.

Thanks! Fortunatley, I have never heard this song M to M, Sadly, I cannot say the same for I cant Drive 55....I did see Back to the Future part 2! LOL!

you go Biff!

Golden AWe
01-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Indeed. I get the same frustration when someone (and this almost never happens) tries to tell me that Ronnie James Dio was the singer for BLACK SABBATH!!:mad:

YEAH!

everyone knows ian gillan was the one!!!

hahahahaha...

Rikk
01-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
YEAH!

everyone knows ian gillan was the one!!!

hahahahaha...

LOL!!!:D

Look at this cover...:eek:
http://www.black-sabbath.com/images/covers/bornagain.jpg

I mean, I love DEEP PURPLE. But this was not a match made in heaven!!:(

Jamocha Joe
01-20-2005, 02:09 PM
No no no, this is all a big misunderstanding. I heard Sam is out of the hospital. The crazy MF'r actually went 6 hours without a bacon double cheeseburger and into serious withdrawal. Two days of mayonaise IV's and snicker bar enemas had him up and about. One of his treating physicians said he probably should have stayed an extra day or two, but Sammy likes to sing in the shower and his god awful screeching vocals were screwing up the heart monitors. Everyone was complaining throughout the place, except reportedly in the psych ward, where the patients rated him 8 out of a possible 10 crayons. Sammy is recovering at an undisclosed Krispy Kreme and is expected to make a full recovery.

Carmine
01-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Jamocha Joe
No no no, this is all a big misunderstanding. I heard Sam is out of the hospital. The crazy MF'r actually went 6 hours without a bacon double cheeseburger and into serious withdrawal. Two days of mayonaise IV's and snicker bar enemas had him up and about. One of his treating physicians said he probably should have stayed an extra day or two, but Sammy likes to sing in the shower and his god awful screeching vocals were screwing up the heart monitors. Everyone was complaining throughout the place, except reportedly in the psych ward, where the patients rated him 8 out of a possible 10 crayons. Sammy is recovering at an undisclosed Krispy Kreme and is expected to make a full recovery.

LMAO....the 8 out of 10 crayon thing got me!

aesop
01-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah now the only problem he has is Ronald McDonald suing him for patent infringement!

Jérôme Frenchise
01-20-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm afraid you didn't get what I posted earlier (sorry for the non-professional imposition). Today is a muslim festival, Aid-el-Kebir. For the circumstance, they kill SHEEP in their own traditional way, that is by cutting the SHEEP'S THROATS to provide the big feasts with MUTTON.

So Dave says he knows what has become of Spam!

I thought it could be some good joke. Would you mind if I tried once more? Thank you, I knew you wouldn't, pals!

Jérôme Frenchise
01-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Meanwhile, I know it's even worse to tell a flop story twice. I just can never help it!

RogueHorseman
01-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Jamocha Joe

Now thats comedy, ladies and gentlemen, a big round of applause for the one and only Jamocha Joe!

tomballin
01-20-2005, 03:30 PM
This is all I need as to reliable source. Case closed.

Bill Lumbergh
01-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Bubba
I like the way this ^ mother fucker thinks!

Bubs

Thank you sir.....:cool:

MAX
01-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman

I thought we did?

Oh yeah, we did.

I remember giving reminders of the same facts throughout the poorly attended tour as well.

I thought I did, anyway.

Oh yeah, I did.

Yes you sure did. Some people just have air or severe blockage of said fluff between their collective ears.

Nice to see you in our forum. :D

Don't stray again or I send out a posse.

When is the whiskey a pourin' again? It's on me my good man. :)

Again, it's stellar to have you here and indeed a pleasure.

Cheers my brother!!!

:gulp:

- J

POJO_Risin
01-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Hope it's true, though I can't say I give that much of a shit about that band right now. Even if Dave re-joins, it'll be Dave playing with three bitter old men. Fuck Eddie. I hope he loses his house and becomes a junkie.

Didn't this already happen?

Wait...no...he was and is a junkie...and had to split his house in half...lmfao...my bad...

Rikk
01-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Didn't this already happen?

Wait...no...he was and is a junkie...and had to split his house in half...lmfao...my bad...

LOL. Watching Eddie's life is like watching the same mistake over and over again. The same drinking and smoking habits, I'm sure the same cancer will come back, the same bad album over and over again, the same bad singer choices, the same temper tantrums towards every singer, producer, manager he works with, firing Michael Anthony over and over again...

and on and on and on...

There is no band anymore. Eddie did it.

Matt White
01-20-2005, 09:58 PM

There is no band anymore. Eddie did it.

October 2, 1996

To whom this may concern,

You've probably heard rumors that Van Halen and I will not be consummating our highly publicized reunion. And since neither Edward, Alex, nor Michael have corroborated or denied the gossip, I would like to go on record with the following: Eddie did it.

It's no secret, nor am I ashamed of my unbashed rapture at the prospect of resurrecting the original Van Halen. A "couple of songs" was all I knew for sure when Edward and I got together three months ago to write them. At that time, the band tip-toed around me sprinkling sentiments like, "this isn't sure thing, Dave: this doesn't mean anything long term, Dave; we're still auditioning other singers, Dave." I was cool. I was happy. I was in the moment.

The next thing I knew, the four of us are doing surprise walk-on at the MTV Awards. I told Edward at that time that I didn't think it was a good idea for the band to go to New York half-cocked; and that I didn't want to Imply by our presence that we were "back" if in fact it was just a quickle for old time's sake.

Well ain't hind sight always 20/20...Had I asked for something in writing, this wouldn't have happened. Had I acknowledged the occasional icy grip in my stomach, maybe this wouldn't have happened. But I didn't. Like I said--rapture. And, I love these guys. Do I trust them? That question never entered my mind.

Then, a series of events last week led me to discover at about the same time the press did, that the band, along with their manager, had already hired another lead singer, possibly as long as three months ago. I wonder how he felt the night of the MTV Awards. It certainly explains why on that night Edward looked as uncomfortable as a man who just signed a deal with The Devil. I can't think of a reason Edward would lie to me about being considered for the lead singer when he had already hired someone, and then let me appear on MTV under the impression that there was great likelihood that Van Halen and I were reuniting. As I said, I told him in no uncertain terms that I didn't want to do the MTV gig as a band unless we were in fact, a band.

And so I apologize to my fans and my supporters, and to MTV. I was an unwitting participant in this deception. It sickens me that the "reunion" as seen on MTV was nothing more than a publicity stunt. If I am guilty of anything, I'm guilty of denial. I wanted to believe it just as much as anyone else. Those who know me know that trickery was never my style.

Yup, Right again RIKK, EVH did it. FUCK EVH.

Rikk
01-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Yup, Right again RIKK, EVH did it. FUCK EVH.

I'll never forget reading in September 1996 the rumor that Gary Cherone was the lead singer and refusing to believe that Eddie's ego was so fucked that he would hire an idiot like GARY CHERONE over bringing back Dave just because that would mean giving up part of his ownership.

I've never hated members of a band I like the way I hate Eddie and Alex (and Michael...he's a cocksucker too and bitched about Dave almost as much as Alex does).

MAX
01-20-2005, 10:11 PM
"Those who know me know that trickery was never my style."

Gotta love that and that's why I'm a certified Rothaholic. Me to a tee as a human being. :)

Fabulous Shadow
01-20-2005, 10:19 PM
I said this WAY BACK WHEN... It's not a reunion! It's just a tour to promote the new album. Ed is not going to commit to anything until he tries it out. Anyway, the only thing left to do is bring back Dave or retire...

Matt White
01-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman

I thought we did?

Oh yeah, we did.

I thought I did, anyway.

Oh yeah, I did.

Yes.
Yes.
Hell yes.
Yup.
You did.
DAMN STRAIGHT!
ROUGEHORSEMAN, I was starting to get worried!:D This guy was combin' the hills shoutin' "LAWS-IN-GAIN!!!!!" Trying to find your werabouts! Good to see ya!
You and RG get back where you belong as quick as possible, savy???
:D ROTH ON BRO!!!

MAX
01-20-2005, 10:24 PM
WHAT MATT SAID YOU TWO CRAZY KIDS!!!

Matt White
01-20-2005, 10:30 PM
My saddle sores are killin' me!!!

Halen High
01-20-2005, 11:27 PM
I'll never forget reading in September 1996 the rumor that Gary Cherone was the lead singer and refusing to believe that Eddie's ego was so fucked that he would hire an idiot like GARY CHERONE over bringing back Dave just because that would mean giving up part of his ownership.

I've never hated members of a band I like the way I hate Eddie and Alex (and Michael...he's a cocksucker too and bitched about Dave almost as much as Alex does).

Hey Rikk, Ill never forget 1996 either.

While still enjoying the buzz of Dave's likely return to Van Halen (like the rest of the rock n roll world), I was thumbing through a copy of Who magazine in my local newsagency when I saw a very short article announcing that Gary Cherone was to be the next lead singer of Van Halen. At first I didn't know who he was, then the writer pointed out that it was Gary 'More Than Words' Cherone!!!

Well, I might be a journo, but I still don't have the words to express the let down of that moment.

Thanks for nothing Eddie!

light 'em up!
01-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Halen High
While still enjoying the buzz of Dave's likely return to Van Halen... then the writer pointed out that it was Gary 'More Than Words' Cherone!!!

Well, I might be a journo, but I still don't have the words to express the let down of that moment.

No doubt.

But I knew instantly it was career siuicide for Ed.

Halen High
01-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Yelp your right on the bottle AND Drugs.

I posted this long ass post some where else but imo item 7f is all that matters.

--------------

Sorry for the very long post.

>>>I am sure that VH had to lower their guarantee as the tour wore on

Nope they didn’t, nor re-negotiate their Tour contract, per good authority. Business is business and you take no prisoners in the music biz, rest assured. Also, the Sisters’ screw everyone around them, not just Roth, just like EVH screwed Peavey. Hell the loser, never has even had the balls to legally divorce Valerie, so he can continue to use her for an emotional tampon, and play the “doing it for Wolfie” card.

>>> I would say Dave is now in the driver's seat for a reunion

Yes Dave is in the drivers seat , but you are forgetting:

1…The Sisters ass fucked the public on a Van Roth reunion 1996, 2000, and 2004, and now EVH is a drunken/drug addict washed up bum. The general public has had it with the Sister's shite, particularly since Alex and Eddie keep bashing Diamond in the press for no valid reasons but their fucked up egos and drunken/drugged stupor.

2…Clear Channel has a policy of not going "back to the well" twice on a money losing Tour. They lost money on Ozzy's 2001 Merry Mayhem Tour, and blacklisted him over the deal. Guarantee they blacklisted the Sister’s over the Van SpamBoy Tour.

Second, CC burnt a lot of bridges on the Van SpamBoy Tour, and people in the music/venue/promotion biz have VERY long memory's. CC/The Sisters burnt the fan’s too, and they also have long memory’s…..also since 1996, and 1984.

3…I saw the Van SpamBoy's, and I saw DLR New Years in Orlando. Straight up, no R.A. bullshit, Dave has a better show, and his Band can blow Van Halen out into the back parking. I had heard a lot about how good Ray Luzier and Brian Young are, but never seen them play live. Man, both those two cats are awesome musicians, that can kick AVH/EVH's ass presently. I was really impressed, and would clearly pay money to see DLR and his band play in a larger venue, instead of that dinky stage they had New Years.

Also, I went to a 04 Van SpamBoy’s gig to see EVH for the last time, after reading the reviews. (I got very lucky, EVH had one of his better shows of the entire Tour, just 20 feet from me to a packed 20,000 capacity arena.). I fully expected for Hagar to be making a total fat slob ass of himself on-stage, as this is what he does best. However, if Diamond Dave had been fronting the Tour, and being a slob fuck-up like Hagar, I would not have gone to see the disaster.

4…Dave has never been in the biz for the money. It's not what drives the guy, and he is not hurting for money currently, particularly with his father's inheritance, and Dave’s very frugal ways. Dave doesn't need the Sisters, unless he wants to be a money whore like Hagar, and I don't see him making an ass of himself on stage with the Sisters, and in the press, like Hagar did. Also, no-way Dave would tour with the Sisters, and put up with their shite for 4 - 6 months, even for the millions Dave would make off the Tour.

5...Like I posted before, the Sisters got rich off the 04 SpamBoys Tour. They don’t give a shite about touring again. The 04 Tour was nothing but a planned money grab tour, because of the ownership change at Warner Music Group, and they own VH’s “back catalog” of music.

Former Seagram chief executive Edgar Bronfman Jr. that bought WMG (heading a private investor group) is a total worthless rich kid asshole. He ran Seagram’s in the ground after taking control from his father, and he will do the same at WMG.

Go back and look at the number of bands/artists that toured in 04, and see how many WMG owns their “back catalog”. It’s a lot! (I have the list somewhere, I will look for it and post it).....including top grossing acts, like Prince, Madonna, along with Eric Clapton, Metallica, Kid Rock, Van Halen, and a bunch more.

Also look at the dates of the WMG buyout. Announced November 03/Finalized March 04, and then look at the dates of Hagar’s “just chance” phone call/meeting with Alex, (EVH was too fucked up to meet) and the 04 Van SpamBoys Tour announcement. They are both within weeks of each other, haaaaa. So much for Hagar’s/Sister’s bullshit of we just did the SpamBoys Tour for “VH II breakup closure”, and for the fans, hun

6…Finally, no good manager would tell Dave to pursue a Van Roth ReUnion this year. The paying public had the 02 Hagar-DLR Tour, and the 04 Van SpamBoys Tour. Secondly, the promotion business finally broke (took it in the ass) in 04 due to the runaway artists guarantees and excess number of concerts promoted. (4th straight year of declining concert industry ticket sales)

2005 is very different, and there is no way that Dave and Van Halen could get a good promote deal, it they could get one in the first place, which is doubtful on a National basis, I understand. Van Halen management/attorney’s got lucky/smart and hit the market right at the top, on performance guarantees, and set a record for a hard rock band.

7…If I was Dave’s manager, I would say to him:

a…Sit back and let’s percolate the market, on a Van Roth ReUnion Tour, for 12-15 months, and see what happens.

b…Keep taking the positive high road in the press towards the Van Halen’s;

c…Keep saving people’s life as an EMT in a NYC “meat wagon”, with several third-party news articles on these events; (Good for the public “good guy image”)

d…Get out and do a mini tour, to let people know you haven’t died, and can still put on a great Van Roth style show, (with NO bad show reviews, like in the past DLR solo Tours). Also a couple of really hot new tunes damn sure wouldn’t hurt;

e…As manager, I would have the press get out several choice “third-party” articles during 05, that Roth is a victim, just like the fans, of no Van Roth ReUnion, now 3 times ‘96’/00’/04. However, Roth would only do a ReUnion with the Sisters, if he was sure a quality/value for the fans ReUnion Tour could be done with him fronting the band. (Unlike the 04 Van SpamBoys abortion, and EVH drunken/drugged bum state the whole tour)

f. As manager, I would contact the Van Halen people and see if there is some way to get EVH into alcohol/drug rehabilitation before he kills himself, and/or his cancer comes back (if it is not already back for the THIRD time) and kills him.

As to a Van Roth ReUnion tour, forget the above steps “a – e”, it step “f” cannot be accomplished. (I think because of EVH’s condition, artist/Tour promotion insurance for a Tour promoter, would be extremely hard to obtain, and no promoter will back a Tour without it.)

--------

COMMENTS:……. I really feel like, Dave is already doing something along these “ if I was Dave’s manager” lines. The guy is such a genius and thinks so far ahead of “normal mortals”, LOL.

The Boston 04 Pops gig was great for him and developing new biz contacts and interest. (I understand that Steve Tyler purposely backed out of that gig and recommended Dave, based on some kind of “inside deal”, and Tyler really likes Diamond).

Dave’s EMT deal is cool/different/unusual and will work with the public image and interest situation.

Dave’s live shows are much better than usual. Diamond seems to be more serious about the shows, and not jerking off as much on stage the last six months.

Seems like his voice is also much better. (Dave really let it get out of condition). He must be working on it and building back up his vocal cords, imo. It takes a long time normally to get your vocal cords built backup, and Diamond surely is not doing it to sing to people he is rescuing as a “meat wagon” EMT.

Also, Dave looks great for his age and high hard rocker mileage. All you people that give him shite on his looks: - Check out current pics of all the other hard rockers from the 70’s and early 80’s. Diamond looks better than 99% of them, if they are still even alive. Hey, any 50 year old single hard rockers from the 70’s here at R.A., please post your current un-retouched pics, and let’s compare them to DLR’s, haaaaaa!.

Dave has made no bones, that he would like a VH-Roth ReUnion Tour, if it was right for the fans, and they can put on a good show, without a lot of backstage problems with the Sisters.

-------

These are just my thought, what does everyone else think?

I agree that Dave will not go anywhere near Eddie and Alex until they can assure him they are capable of putting on a quality show. Dave won't sell himself out like Sammy and allow the original lineup's legacy to be further tarnished.

Despite the money, I have to wonder if a part Sammy regrets doing it now. I'm sure he took plenty of notice of the lack of media interest, appalling reviews, poor ticket sales and BOBW flop. The Van Hagar lineup managed to go out on an even more sour note than it did in 1996, with the end result an even greater yearning for Dave and Classic Van Halen!

Halen High
01-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
No doubt.

I thought the same, yet they still had the chance to make amends in 2000 and beyond.

Rikk
01-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
No doubt.

Yup. I think we all did. I'll never forget the two of three moron Ched Heads on the VHML that were happy as hell that Dave wasn't coming back!

I remember me and about five other guys (including MULLY) taking them down and sending them packing.

Halen High
01-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Well done!

You would have to have been a major league dickhead to be happy Dave wasn't coming back in 1996!!!

Rikk
01-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Well done!

You would have to have been a major league dickhead to be happy Dave wasn't coming back in 1996!!!

Man, the whole rock world was going bananas. The attitude was like: "KISS getting back together was just a taster for a REAL reunion!!"

Halen High
01-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Yes, I remember well. I went to the Kiss reunion Down Under and had a great time. There was a huge buzz for Kiss AND the possibility of other classic bands getting back together. Particularly VH.

It seemed that everytime I read an article about the Kiss reunion, there would be an interview with some celeb who was attending a show who would add something like "all we need now is for the real VH to get back together". I specifically remember Dimebag, Vinnie Paul, Seb Bach, Dweezil Zappa and Rob Zombie getting all excited at the time about a CVH reunion while talking about Kiss!

It clearly would have been huge.

Probably the most spectacular example ever in rock n roll of failing to seize the moment.

Rikk
01-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Yes, I remember well. I went to the Kiss reunion Down Under and had a great time. There was a huge buzz for Kiss AND the possibility of other classic bands getting back together. Particularly VH.

It seemed that everytime I read an article about the Kiss reunion, there would be an interview with some celeb who was attending a show who would add something like "all we need now is for the real VH to get back together". I specifically remember Dimebag, Vinnie Paul, Seb Bach, Dweezil Zappa and Rob Zombie getting all excited at the time about a CVH reunion while talking about Kiss!

It clearly would have been huge.

Probably the most spectacular example ever in rock n roll of failing to seize the moment.

I still believe it would have been the biggest reunion in history. Every respected hard rock musician hated Sammy Hagar or at least knew that he didn't fit in VAN HALEN. The band coming back would have been massive. But because Eddie Van Halen is a shitty human being with major psychological problems, it wasn't to be because it would have proved that fans really did miss Dave and Ed wasn't the whole show.

Oh well. Once in a while, I can put on ME WISE MAGIC, close my eyes and pretend it's still July 1996 and the biggest reunion tour in history is just around the corner.

Halen High
01-21-2005, 12:24 AM
I agree. It probably would have been the biggest reunion ever. They were going to headline Donington I believe, as well as another festival in Germany.

I don't know if I'm being the eternal optimist, but I still think if Eddie and Alex get their shit together they could still pull it off, to a slightly lesser degree.

Not sure though. The brand name has been badly damaged by the brother's antics.

Whoops, my times up! Adios mate.

Rikk
01-21-2005, 12:27 AM
I agree. It probably would have been the biggest reunion ever. They were going to headline Donington I believe, as well as another festival in Germany.

I don't know if I'm being the eternal optimist, but I still think if Eddie and Alex get their shit together they could still pull it off, to a slightly lesser degree.

Not sure though. The brand name has been badly damaged by the brother's antics.

Whoops, my times up! Adios mate.

Take it easy, HH.

light 'em up!
01-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Ed paid bigtime for his mistakes and it took its toll on him.... just compare his physical self in 96 to present day.

1996 was the beginning of Ed's demise.

Bill Lumbergh
01-21-2005, 01:20 AM
No dude, 85' was the beginning of his demise. The pussification of Ed was complete by 86', and the rest is history.

Nickdfresh
01-21-2005, 03:55 AM

Oh well. Once in a while, I can put on ME WISE MAGIC, close my eyes and pretend it's still July 1996 and the biggest reunion tour in history is just around the corner.

I dunno, I get depressed and despondent to the point of tears when I hear "You Can't Get this Stuff No More."

Because you fucking CAN'T!

Coyote
01-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

No offense, but...

YADDA YADDA YADDA! I'll believe it when I see it.

RogueHorseman
01-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the nice words, guys.

Much appreciated, and returned in kind you can rest assured!

You know, the common thread here is that Eddie screwed the pooch royally in '96. It was so obvious to anyone and everyone who cared (one way or the other) that it was the mistake of a lifetime.

From a pure marketing standpoint, it could not have been handled in worse fashion if one had set out to purposely piss off the vast majority of the fan base, and that includes the chedheads.

I still hear MWM the way you do, Rikk.

I also hear CGTSNM with that sense of regret, Nick.

What a damn shame it all was.

Still is.

bueno bob
01-21-2005, 12:06 PM
1996, and the failure of the Roth reunion, was the last gasp of this once great band. "What could have beens" will forever abound about 1996, much as they will about 1985 had all this shit never happened in the first place.

Back in 1996, people cared. Anymore, well...