PDA

View Full Version : EVH Never Wanted Hagar or Cherone in VH

tomballin
01-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Thought this post on another tread talking about Cherone was good enough for a new thread?....then I added some more on the subject

EVH offered the frontman job to Wendy O Williams, of The Plasmatics (RIP-Suicide) before Cherone, and also Hagar. Both her manager and Joey Ramone (RIP) confirmed it. Here’s one article:

http://www.modernatomic.com/plasmatics/texts/vanhalen.txt

Gene Simmons, who managed Wendy O, during the time, said EVH offered the job to Wendy O also in late 1983 before EVH/AVH fired Roth. Actually if I remember reading the story right, EVH told Gene of the problems with Roth, and Gene recommended Wendy, ONLY after telling EVH not to fire Roth.

Also, it was around the time that EVH wanted to join KISS to replace Ace Frehley, who had departed the band, because Eddie was tired of the VH internal problems and wanted to do something different. Simmons, and Stanley, said no at the time, because he really wanted Ace back in the band.

Man-o-man, that would have been a hoot, Wendy O fronting VH. Sure would not have been boring like Hagar and Cherone, baaawaaaaaa!

---MORE-----

PS: Eddie has offered several women the VH frontman job, in addition to Wendy O:

1…Patty Smyth, - Scandel (confirmed), (Replace Roth)
2…Chrissie Hynde – The Pretenders (not confirmed), (Replace Roth)
3…Lita Ford – Lita (not confirmed, only states that EVH was the one who convinced her to start her own band) (Replace Roth)
4…Sass Jordan (confirmed) (Replace Hagar)
and again,
5…Wendy O (Replace Roth-confirmed) Replace Hagar-confirmed)

Here was Smyth's exact comment in a TV interview years back:

She looked at the camera and said "Sorry Sammy, but you were second choice" and laughed. Her husband, tennis great John McEnroe, also confirmed it on Howard Stern’s show years back.

The Sass Jordan, (previous VH frontman offer situation to replace Hagar) resurfaced again when VH played Toronto on the 04 SpamBoys Tour. A reporter saw Sass and Alex, with some other people, having dinner together in Toronto. Sass denied anything was going on re: any VH situation.

Gee I wonder why Hagar wasn't having dinner with AVH and Sass, baaawaaa!...TB

Oh, one other thing, on the women EVH angle:

Man, people die young around Eddie. Nicolette Larson, that is the only women to sing on a Van Halen song, (Women And Children First - Could This Be Magic?), and sang at Valerie’s and Eddie’s wedding, died at the age of 45. EVH also played on the track “Can't Get Away From You” on her 1978 release Nicolette, produced by Ted Templeman.

Well I guess Nicolette, Wendy O, Joey, all figured out a way to get away from EVH permanently…TB

Here's some Wendy Pics

tomballin
01-21-2005, 01:21 AM
Now this is a women with real balls!

tomballin
01-21-2005, 01:23 AM
Wendy and Gene 1980

tomballin
01-21-2005, 01:23 AM
Hell, sure beat this gay band shite

Bob_R
01-21-2005, 07:51 AM
I believe with all my heart that Sammy's in (this second time around) because of Al.

ODShowtime
01-21-2005, 08:30 AM
either way spammy sucks

Vanstonica
01-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Sammy sucks, but they would have alienated every last one of their fans if they had gone with a chick singer. They're close enough to being 10,000 Maniacs with Spammy singing for them.

Matt White
01-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Vanstonica
"They're close enough to being 10,000 Maniacs with Spammy singing for them."

I almost spit my cherrio's on the monitor!!!:D

Now, that's COMEDY!!!

bueno bob
01-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Wendy O Williams in Van Halen?

That'd have been...something, I guess....lol

Knucklebones
01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
In other words, Eddie couldn't get a chick singer, so he got the 2 closest things, Sammy, then Cherone.

Big Troubles
01-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
I believe with all my heart that Sammy's in (this second time around) because of Al.

and Mikey... Mike close Sam, Alex close to Mike and Sam.... I think Ed should tell his band mates to either put up with Roth for a final world wide tour or fuck off. Ed and Dave touring together using alternate drummers and bass players would be fucking fine with me. ;)

Eyes of the Night
01-21-2005, 06:00 PM
I woulda liked to have seen Lita Ford fronting VH ... she WAS hot ... WAS;) ...

Big Troubles
01-21-2005, 06:04 PM
true enough. same with Chrissy Hynde. I had it bad for her. :D I have not seen her lately though, and prob would not like to.

stringfelowhawk
01-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Chrissy Hynde looks pretty much just like she always has. Seen her recently on some show. I have digital cable and it was one of those weird ass music channels. Not VH1 classic though.

Lita is badass! Thats one chick who could throw down with the boys... And she was in this hardcore band called The Runaways with Joan Jett, another chick who could kick your ass. Just droppin some knowledge in case you didn't know that. I'd like to see that reunion but........

FORD
01-21-2005, 09:13 PM
The Joey Ramone rumor was a complete fabrication. I know that for a fact, because I'm the one who fabricated it, and even had all the sheep on the old WB Van Halen board buying every minute of it. I even posted reviews of "secret gigs" the band played where they went from "Runnin With The Devil" to "Rock N Roll High School" without missing a beat.

A sheep asked me how come he had heard "Gary Cherone" when it was "Joey Ramone".

I told him the reporter who printed that had a bad telephone connection and heard the name wrong. Dumb fucking sheep bought it :D

Next thing I knew, Metal Edge, Metal Sludge, and Hit Parader were all running with the story.......

Now, nearly a decade after the fact it's still being talked about? Fucking amazing. I think Joey would be laughing his ass off if he were here to read this. :gulp:

tomballin
01-21-2005, 09:59 PM
I know the Joey Ramone rumor was a fabrication, (didn't know it was you of course, lol, congrats), but the Wendy O deal was NOT a fabrication.

A lot of people pull "attachment fabrication" to help their career and get their name in the press. Any person could read those Joey Ramone comments re VH and tell they were total bullshit.

Originally posted by FORD
The Joey Ramone rumor was a complete fabrication. I know that for a fact, because I'm the one who fabricated it, and even had all the sheep on the old WB Van Halen board buying every minute of it. I even posted reviews of "secret gigs" the band played where they went from "Runnin With The Devil" to "Rock N Roll High School" without missing a beat.

A sheep asked me how come he had heard "Gary Cherone" when it was "Joey Ramone".

I told him the reporter who printed that had a bad telephone connection and heard the name wrong. Dumb fucking sheep bought it :D

Next thing I knew, Metal Edge, Metal Sludge, and Hit Parader were all running with the story.......

Now, nearly a decade after the fact it's still being talked about? Fucking amazing. I think Joey would be laughing his ass off if he were here to read this. :gulp:

tomballin
01-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by stringfelowhawk
Chrissy Hynde looks pretty much just like she always has. Seen her recently on some show. I have digital cable and it was one of those weird ass music channels. Not VH1 classic though.

Lita is badass! Thats one chick who could throw down with the boys... And she was in this hardcore band called The Runaways with Joan Jett, another chick who could kick your ass. Just droppin some knowledge in case you didn't know that. I'd like to see that reunion but........

Wendy O, Patty Smyth, Chrissie Hynde, Lita Ford:

I think EVH wanted to be dominated, wanted a dominatrix. In their day, all these chicks were real tough/rough and would kick ya in the balls if you didn't fuck-em right.

Big Troubles
01-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by FORD

LMAO! :D

Terry
01-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Ed wanted Hagar in that band. May not have been his first choice after Roth left, but doesn't change the fact.

Can sorta go for Cherone as being suggested to the band by management in 1996...something along the lines of Van Halen's then manager being Extreme's, or some shit. But even then, it was Ed's choice in the end for both. The sisters try to zig and zag when things don't work out, blaming everyone but themselves for their own missteps. Fuck 'em. I hold them accountable.

redblkwht
01-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Terry
Ed wanted Hagar in that band. May not have been his first choice after Roth left, but doesn't change the fact.

Can sorta go for Cherone as being suggested to the band by management in 1996...something along the lines of Van Halen's then manager being Extreme's, or some shit. But even then, it was Ed's choice in the end for both. The sisters try to zig and zag when things don't work out, blaming everyone but themselves for their own missteps. Fuck 'em. I hold them accountable.
That last sentence was perfecty put, i agree 100% Terry..you rock-

BrownSound1
01-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Wendy O. would have been worse than Hagar in my opinion. Her own music was nothing more than a clusterfuck of noise...of course then again, so was Hagar's.

Panamark
01-22-2005, 02:39 AM
Wendy O used to stick the mic up her cunt.
VH realized that Sammy could create this same
kind of sound. (without the insertion)

Sammy was in....

Rikk
01-22-2005, 03:20 AM
LOL!!

Personally, I can't picture a chick singing PANAMA or BOTTOMS UP.

Mishar_McLeud
01-22-2005, 07:43 AM
On Patty Smyth, I used to have a tune with Scandal and EVH. Then I guess I've deleted it. Sums it up pretty much.

And it's funny to read how people flame Van Hagar and then say stuff like 'kick ass band Runnaways' :D.

Sarge
01-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

Sammy was in....

Panamark..
Are all Aussies as funny as you?

EbDawson
01-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by tomballin
Gene Simmons said EVH offered the job to Wendy O also in late 1983 before EVH/AVH fired Roth.

So now Eddie fired Dave? I've seen Eddie cryin' in interviews about Dave leaving. Maybe he was too drunk to remember.

Mishar_McLeud
01-22-2005, 10:12 AM
^ Does it change anything?

Panamark
01-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
Panamark..
Are all Aussies as funny as you?

NO ! I am the funniest fucker in the Southern Hemishpere ! :)

Actually, Aussies in general have a great sense of humor.

stringfelowhawk
01-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Take your time when you type and always have a dictionary present. This way, you'll never look like a prick again.

How old are you dude? Do you even know who The Runaways are or are you to young and think there some 80's hair band?

Bob_R
01-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
and Mikey... Mike close Sam, Alex close to Mike and Sam.... I think Ed should tell his band mates to either put up with Roth for a final world wide tour or fuck off. Ed and Dave touring together using alternate drummers and bass players would be fucking fine with me. ;)

Yeah, good points BT.

The best thing that could happen is if Sammy Hagar dropped dead.

That would be cool. :cool:

katie
01-23-2005, 06:45 PM
You can bet your ass that Sass Jordan will be on Eddies solo CD (should it see the light of day)
Shame his fucking brother has to be holding his coatails by being *IN * on this project as well.

Halen High
01-23-2005, 06:54 PM

Correct on both counts!

VH80-84
01-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
LOL!!

Personally, I can't picture a chick singing PANAMA or BOTTOMS UP.

Same here. Can't imagine W.O.W. singing Women In Love, Beautiful Girls, Feel Your Love Tonight or Ice Cream Man. Can you?

tomballin
01-23-2005, 10:50 PM

Sammy was in....

ROFLMAO....baaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaa!

Well, EVH with his brown sound and WOW (RIP) with her used pink sound.

tomballin
01-23-2005, 10:53 PM

Yeah, but you Aussies’ are always pissed down under, so of course your funny, mate. :-)

Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with that, lol.

tomballin
01-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by VH80-84
Same here. Can't imagine W.O.W. singing Women In Love, Beautiful Girls, Feel Your Love Tonight or Ice Cream Man. Can you?

Oh come on, where's your creative vision. Wendy would have had great versions of those tunes, complete with blowing up the stage, squirting breast milk on people in the front row, kicking EVH in the balls and/or slugging him in the face every time he screwed up a riff, and other cool Van Wendy stuff.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=373226

tomballin
01-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah, but you Aussies’ are always pissed down under, so of course your funny, mate. :-)

Synonyms for the word “Drunk”

A bit on
A couple of chapters into the novel
A public mess
A weeble (you know, they wobble but they don't fall down)
About gone
About right
Afflicted
Afloat
Alcoholized
Alcoholled
Alkied-up
All gone
All gowed up
Ambushed
Annihilated
At peace with the floor
Backwards
Banged up on sauce (England)
Bassackwards
Beerified
Behind the cork
Beligerant
Belted
Bent
Besoffen (German)
Besotted
Bezopen (Flemish)
Bibacious
Blackout Drive (GI term)
Bladdered
Blasted
Bleary Eyed
Blitzed
Blitzkrieged
Blobbin'
Blotto (Ireland)
Blowin' a 2
Blowin' beer bubbles
Blown-away
Boiled
Bolloxed (Ireland)
Bombarded
Bombed
Boozed-up
Borracho (Spanish)
Brahms and List (pissed cockney ryming slang east London)
Brandy-faced
Broken
Buckled (Ireland)
Bull-dozed
Bullet (Tennessee)
Butt wasted
Buzzed
Can't see a hole in a ladder
Canceled
Caught the Irish flu
Chemically enhanced
Chemically imbalanced
Cockeyed
Cognacked
Comblasted
Comblinded
Corked-up
Count Drunkula
Cracked
Cranked
Crocked
Crushed
Cued up
Dead to the world
Derailed
Disorderly
Dizzy as a coot
Down the creek
Drita (Norwegian)
Driving home 'cause I can't fucking walk
Drucking Funk
Drunk as a ships cat (Newcastle, England)
Drunk as a hand cart (Newcastle, England)
Drunk as a skunk
Drunkity drunk
Drunky drunk
Embalmed
Envergado (Honduran)
Fears no man
Feeling Irish
Feeling no pain
Fermented
Fired-up
Flambéd
Floatin'
Floored
Flutered (Ireland)
Fractured
Frayed
Fried
Fubar
Fucked up
Fully kroizoned
Furschnickered
Gansado (Portuguese)
Gassed
Gassosa (Italian)
Gilded
Ginned-up
Glazed
Goggled
Gone
Gone Borneo
Gonzo
Good to go
Greased
Had tutu (two too) many
Half-cocked
Half-cut (Ireland)
Half-gone
Hammered
Happy
Has a package on
Has a perma smile
Hooched-up
Horizontal
How-came-you-so?
Hummin'
Humored
Hurting a turtle
Imbibed
Impaired
In a ditch
In his cups
In rare form
In the ozone
In the gutter
Inebriated
Influenced
Intoxed
Intoxicated
Invincible
Jacked
Jazzed
Jazzed-up
Jiggered
JD'd to the max
Juiced
Just south of bejesus
K.O.'d
Keilazarus (Holland)
Keyed
La Femme Drunkita
Lazarus (Holland)
Leaked
Leanin'
Leg-less
Licked
Liquored up
Lit
Lit up
Langered (Ireland)
Loaded
Locked (Ireland)
Logged (Canadian, eh)
Looking like "Weekend At Bernie's"
Looped
Lubed up
Lubricated
Lushed
Lushed-up
Mareado (Spanish)
Marinated
Massacred
Merry (Ireland: drunk but can still walk)
Messed up
Mingin'(Scotland)
Mortal drunk (Newcastle, England)
Not so Farfrompuken
Nuked
Off of his trolley
Off ya face (Australia)
Off ya nut (Australia)
Ossified (Ireland)
Out of his mind
Out of his tree (Australia)
Out of it
Paralatic (Ireland)
Pealaid (S. Louisiana)
Pickled
Pie eyed
Pissed
Pissed as a fart
Pissed as a newt
Pissed out his face
Pissin'
Plastered
Plowed over
Poegaai (South Africa)
Poisoned
Polluted
Possessed
Put one on
Quaffed
Rat-arsed (London)
Redirected
Reekin' (Scottish)
Ripped
Roaring (Ireland)
Rocked
Rooked
Roped
Ruined
Rummed-up
Saturated
Sauced
Schlonkered
Schnockered
Schtumphy
Schwacked
Screwed
Scuppered
Seasoned
Seeing triple
Shellacked
Shickered (Australia)
Shit faced
Shithoused
Silly
Slambasted
Slammed
Slappin' happy
Slickered
Slobbered
Sloppy
Sloshed
Slozzled
Smashed
Smoked
Smuckered
Smurfed Up
Snockered
So lit you could read by him
So wet he ripples
Soaked
Sodden
Sotally Tober
Sotted
Soused
Sozzled
Spanked
Squashed
Squiffy
Stewed
Stinko
Stinky
Stocious (Ireland)
Stonato (Italian)
Stoned
Stooped
Strontzat (Flemish)
Stuk in men Kloten (Flemish)
Stupid
Stupified
Sunk
Tanglefooted
Tanked
Tanked-up
Tatered
Tepo (Spanish)
Three sheets to the wind
Throwed off
Tied one on
Tipped
Tipsey
To' up from the flo' up
Toasted
Topped off
Torqued
Totalled
Toxed
Toxic
Trashed
Trollied
Trounced
Trousered
Tuned up
Tweeked
Umbriacco (Italian)
Under the influence
Under the table
Unk-dray
Unsober
Vulcanized
Wankered
Wasted
Wearing a wobbly boot (Australia)
Well oiled
Well-bottled
Wet
Whiskey-frisky
Whiskeyfied
Wicked retarded (Boston)
Wired-up
Wobbly
Wrecked
Ziced
Zipped
Zonked

Chaz Rock City
01-24-2005, 02:40 AM
I can see the Bret Anderson of the Donnas singing CVH, in my bedroom, naked. I can dream can't I?

tomballin
01-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Chaz Rock City
I can see the Bret Anderson of the Donnas singing CVH, in my bedroom, naked. I can dream can't I?

o

tomballin
01-28-2005, 10:53 AM

AND of course I was joking here PM..........

MUSICMAN64
01-28-2005, 02:09 PM
ED AND AL DIDN'T FIRE DAVE. DAVE QUIT. HE TALKS ABOUT THE WHOLE THING IN DETAIL IN HIS BOOK.

ILOVEVANHALEN27
01-31-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Eyes
I woulda liked to have seen Lita Ford fronting VH ... she WAS hot ... WAS;) ...
And she could sing about as well as Roth can now too

Matt White
01-31-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by ILOVEVANHALEN27
And she could sing about as well as Roth can now too

You SHEEP never learn.
:mad: