PDA

View Full Version : Vikings: Friend says Moss is ready to be traded

ALinChainz
01-21-2005, 12:08 PM
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Friday, January 21, 2005

News

The 20-year mentor of Randy Moss said Thursday that the Vikings' wide receiver is ready to be traded. "He's not happy there, and I think he wants to go somewhere else," Sam Singleton told the Pioneer Press on Thursday. "He knows he's not going to win anything there." Singleton has known Moss for more than 20 years and coached him as a youth in baseball and football.

Views

Vikings' head coach Mike Tice placed the "untouchable" label on quarterback Daunte Culpepper during his weekly KFAN radio show on Wednesday, but stopped short of using the same term to describe Moss' status with the team. There will be rumors throughout the offseason that Moss will be traded. At this point, we're not sure whether absentee owner Red McCombs cares enough about the team to approve or reject any trade offers the Vikings get for Moss.

ALinChainz
01-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Heard this rumor last night.

Moss to the Raiders, for the #7 overall and CB Philip Buchanon.

This should be interesting. The Vikings are for sale, and may be sold. Tice is not entrenched, we'll see what happens.

WARF
01-21-2005, 01:09 PM
I'd like to see Moss hook back up with Pennington!

ALinChainz
01-21-2005, 01:12 PM
The Lions had a shot at him when he was drafted, we took CB Terry Fair, the Vikes took Moss right after.

We have the number 10 overall, we should offer that and maybe Charles Rogers to them, or maybe CB Fernando Bryant.

Of course, the Lions won't.

WARF
01-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
The Lions had a shot at him when he was drafted, we took CB Terry Fair, the Vikes took Moss right after.

We have the number 10 overall, we should offer that and maybe Charles Rogers to them, or maybe CB Fernando Bryant.

Of course, the Lions won't.

I'd like to see you guys draft either Jammal Brown from Oklahoma or TE Heath Miller from Virginia.... either one of those would make a nice addition!

ALinChainz
01-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Seem to be set on DL, had one of our best seasons in awhile there. We need safety, OL, TE, probably another LB and WR.

Can't wait for the April draft.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Heard this rumor last night.

Moss to the Raiders, for the #7 overall and CB Philip Buchanon.

The Vikings would be damn fools for making that deal....

Of course, that's why they'll probably do it...

Lou
01-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Moss would fit right in with the Raiders...how many degenerates have played for them lately?

POJO_Risin
01-21-2005, 08:34 PM
I agree with Lou here...

he's a great, talented receiver...but guys like that NEVER win titles...

he's a piece of fucking crap...and I wouldn't want that guy on my team...ever...

let the Raiders have him...

ALinChainz
01-21-2005, 08:37 PM
He might be good for a season to prove everyone wrong and then once he does, go back to being a major asshole.

I can see it happening.

POJO_Risin
01-21-2005, 08:49 PM
I can't see it at this stage...

he had that chip on his shoulder in year one...

but was still a jackass...

He's a great receiver...but I'd never want a guy who's DUMB enough to admit he doesn't go all out 100% of the time...

whether he does or not...pure and utter stupidity...

ALinChainz
01-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Oh now wanting him though is a total different thing.

He might be worth the risk for a seaon or two, I could see it working that way.

Mike Ditka was on the other day ripping this dude huge, I mean hot under the collar, spitting, pointing...loud. Was funny to see Irvin sit there and shut up.

He was right, the dude is a cancer in the locker room.

That said, if he stays healthy, he's going to break a lot of records without seemingly trying.

POJO_Risin
01-21-2005, 08:57 PM
I'll be honest here...

1. I think Rice has some records that Moss will never touch...why? I don't think he'll be in this league long enough...or care enough to do it...

2. I think Harrison will shatter some of them...and put them out of reach...

I see Moss hopping around the league...at some point...

nobody will be dumb enough to sign this guy long term....

stringfelowhawk
01-21-2005, 09:25 PM
With his pissy, self important attitude and lack of heart I'd trade him to the Canadian Football League for what he's worth...... Two pina' colada wine coolers and a Snickers!

Lou
01-21-2005, 09:32 PM
And the thing is, Moss has been in the league since 1998. If he was going to change, he would have done so not later than a couple of years ago. He's just finished his 7th season in the NFL and he's acting the same way...he ain't changing.

redblkwht
01-22-2005, 01:36 AM
I see a team from the AFC taking him like Denver or KC..
someone with a playmaker for the return of the trade.
Oakland has nothing but a pick for him, unless they get williams
from the draft, aint happening. I think it will be a team with a proven
vet the Vikings want.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht
I see a team from the AFC taking him like Denver or KC..
someone with a playmaker for the return of the trade.
Oakland has nothing but a pick for him, unless they get williams
from the draft, aint happening. I think it will be a team with a proven
vet the Vikings want.

Nope, Shanahan nor Vermeil wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole....

The Raydahs are the perfect team for him, no doubt, but if I'm the Vikes, I want a helluva lot more than what that offer supposedly was...

I'm talking Manning-for-Rivers trade draft picks....

ALinChainz
01-22-2005, 12:44 PM
First team I heard of who would be in the hunt was Baltimore.

POJO_Risin
01-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Baltimore would take him in a heartbeat...and you'd have to believe that the Jets would be in the fray...perhaps a pick and Santana...who knows...

Moss has been in the league 7 years????

damn...time flies...

Lou
01-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Six years really, but 7 full seasons.

So what IS going to become of Philip Rivers and Drew Brees? What does San Diego need?

ALinChainz
01-22-2005, 09:42 PM
San Diego needs a wide out, a pass rusher, some OL help, and another corner, imo.

Of course everyone needs something.

They will be paying out a lot of money for the QB spot.

Lou
01-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Out of all of those, I'd say O-line is most important. Maybe they'll just trade him for a draft pick.