X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Most innovative thing ever done with an electric guitar

I think that the intro to Mean Streets has to be the most innovative thing ever done with an electric guitar. Perhaps it is the most innovative thing ever done with a guitar period. It is so out of left field unexpected. Who would ever have though of doing something like that on a guitar? Can anyone out there think of anything that anyone has ever done with an electric guitar that is anywhere as innovative as the intro to Mean Streets?
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR
  • lms2

I thought this was gonna be a thread about Eddie trying to take off Sam's head with an electric guitar...

Comment

• academic punk
      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

I agree it's pretty fuckin' amazing.

That being said, BB King is the most innovative guitarist of all time. he was the first to bend notes, use vibrato, etc etc. and a hell of a good tunesmith too.

completely overlooked.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by lms2
        I thought this was gonna be a thread about Eddie trying to take off Sam's head with an electric guitar...

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Re: Most innovative thing ever done with an electric guitar

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
          I think that the intro to Mean Streets has to be the most innovative thing ever done with an electric guitar. Perhaps it is the most innovative thing ever done with a guitar period. It is so out of left field unexpected. Who would ever have though of doing something like that on a guitar? Can anyone out there think of anything that anyone has ever done with an electric guitar that is anywhere as innovative as the intro to Mean Streets?
          I thought it was pretty innovative when ed played Cathedral... Or Little Guitars with a little chiquita guitar. Actualy everything Ed has done has been real creative.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• academic punk
            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

except for bringing Hagar into the fold. that was just fucking stupid.

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

I reckon he was drinking some bad Heineken.
              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• academic punk
                Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

well, it wouldn't be that can!

I reckons that's a veeeery good can o' Heineken, indeed!

Comment

Working...