X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loss of fools
    Head Fluffer
    • Oct 2004

rolling stones in london

just though i would let any uk fans know that the rolling stones have anouced a outdor gig at hyde park on the 28th august.
  • academic punk
    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

they announced a gig eight months from now?

Comment

• loss of fools
      Head Fluffer
      • Oct 2004

yer loads of people have been doing that.

Comment

• academic punk
        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

but without announcing the full tour along with it? is there even a release date for the new album yet?

Comment

• Atomic_Rob
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2004

Fuck that clashes with Reading Fest. when tickets on sale?
          Diamond Dave Is Van Halen. 'Nuff Said

Comment

• loss of fools
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2004

iv no idea i think pritty soon

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
              they announced a gig eight months from now?
              usually they're four-five months ahead, i remember buying Stones tix at Christmas time for an April show.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

but without announcing the full tour along with it? is there even a release date for the new album yet?
                It's been the Stones practice as long as I can remember to release the album right about the same time the tour starts. And late August/Early September is usually their timetable too, now that I think about it
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Bridges to Babylon came out a week after the tour started...
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by loss of fools
                    just though i would let any uk fans know that the rolling stones have anouced a outdor gig at hyde park on the 28th august.
                    Great news, thanks! Hyde Park... it's just gonna be tremendous! It's so wide.
                    It sure will be my greatest birthday party!
                    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 01-26-2005, 09:05 AM.
                    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

These dudes must be geting close to playing for 40 years ??

Am I wrong ??
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

they've had a bunch of merch with an "established 1962" tag on it. the Licks tour was supposed to be the 40th anniversary tour.

Comment

• academic punk
                          Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                          These dudes must be geting close to playing for 40 years ??

Am I wrong ??

More. the first Stones album came out in '62.

Come to think of it, this year marks 40 years since "Satisfaction" was written, recorded, and released.

Talk about mileage !

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

More. the first Stones album came out in '62.

Come to think of it, this year marks 40 years since "Satisfaction" was written, recorded, and released.

Talk about mileage !
                            "England's Newest Hit Makers" was released in 1964. But they started being London's stage craze as soon as 1962. "Money", their first single, was released in 1963. I can't be wrong, I have every single official recording they made, plus about 20 bootlegs. Much harder than having CVH's complete recordings, unfortunately.
                            I saw them in Paris in 1990 (Urban Jungle Tour, launched in 1989 in the US as the Steel Wheels Tour), they nearly played for 3 hours... The Bridges to Babylon tour sucked a little, even if I got the album which is rather weak.
                            Ronnie Wood stopped drinking and drugs a couple of years ago. The legend had it that his children went to see Mick Jagger to ask him if he could suggest Ronnie to quit boozing and the rest, which he did, successfully. You can hear it on "Live Licks" and "some" boots of the last tour (even the one I have from the very first gigs held in Toronto (Palais Royal)), August 16th, 2002): now he plays the songs as he should, at last.
                            I like the guy a lot, but it's obvious that he seems to have lost much of his crafts when he left the great Faces to join the Stones...
                            Keith Richards was recently asked if the fact he was the only one to be at least nearly drunk on stage was any problem. He answered that it was "their" (the other Stones's) problem...
                            I can see no trouble if Keith is stoned. It's never altered the band's music.
                            As for the August 28th Hyde Park gig, I'll be there. They really play hot stuff again. The music is worth it in itself, apart from the big fiesta a Stones concert basically is.
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérome from Fra

I like the guy a lot, but it's obvious that he seems to have lost much of his crafts when he left the great Faces to join the Stones...
                              After listening to the Faces boxset and some early 70's Stones boots this last weekend, I have to agree. I preferred Woody with the Faces and Mick Taylor with the Stones.

I'd love to see both of these bands hit the road one last time, and i'm sure that Mick Taylor will be there when ever the Stones do finally decide it's their last show.

Faces tour would be more problematic. Ronnie Lane's dead, and Rod Stewart might as well be, considering he hasn't made a decent record in 30 years (except his Unplugged album in the early 90's and we all know why that one worked.....)
                              Every picture tells a story, indeed....
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...