PDA

View Full Version : Listening to some Black Sabbath

CVHfan
01-23-2005, 11:36 AM
I thought this was some scary shit when I first discovered it. It was like the dark underbelly of Led Zeppelin. But I have the 2-disc greatest hits collection from a couple of years ago. "Symptom of the Universe: The Original Black Sabbath 1970-1978". This has a collection of most of their best tunes. I wouldn't have minded if they put Cornocopia, Killing Yourself To Live, or Electric Funeral on the set. But it is an excellent overview. If you do not have any Sabbath to speak of and really want to get into it. Get this. But this isn't for the faint of heart. Though I don't think there are too many of those on this forum.

loss of fools
01-23-2005, 05:57 PM
you should put dirty women on. its a amazing song. i strongly recomend sabbotage and vol 4.

tydhurst
01-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Hi AC, how's it going?

Panamark
01-25-2005, 02:42 AM
Any Original Sabbath Rocks. Just listened to Backstreet Kid, fookin cool song..

Why the hell doesnt Ozzy make his next album with Iommi ????

Rikk
01-25-2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by loss of fools
you should put dirty women on. its a amazing song. i strongly recomend sabbotage and vol 4.

Oh yes.

DIRTY WOMEN is my favorite Sabbath song. And I love TONS of Sabbath songs!!:)

Golden AWe
01-25-2005, 06:14 AM
For me personally, if you talk about some of the best albums of all tiem, I'd recommend the famous six-six-six of the best bands ever...the first six VH albums, the first six Sabbath albums and the first six LZ albums...you can't go wrong there.

Of the Sabbath-albums, I love Sabbath Bloody Sabbath the most...and Sabbra Cadabbra is the tighest and the "least cheesiest" love song of all time.

ODShowtime
01-25-2005, 01:26 PM
VOL 4 is bad-assed

Vinnie Velvet
01-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Master of Reality is a classic.

CVHfan
01-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
For me personally, if you talk about some of the best albums of all tiem, I'd recommend the famous six-six-six of the best bands ever...the first six VH albums, the first six Sabbath albums and the first six LZ albums...you can't go wrong there.

Of the Sabbath-albums, I love Sabbath Bloody Sabbath the most...and Sabbra Cadabbra is the tighest and the "least cheesiest" love song of all time.

Well, the best of collection is pretty substantial. Almost all of Master Of Reality is on it. I do have Paranoid and Heaven and Hell and that is it.

As for the other two six-packs, check and check. I got Diver Down Last week, so my VH six pack is complete and I have all the Led Zeppelin albums.

Panamark
01-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath !

Wot a classic !

Jérôme Frenchise
01-26-2005, 08:13 AM
I think "Sweet Leaf" is the one I like best, ex-aequo with "Iron Man". Hhheavyyyy...
As far as albums are concerned, "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" is the most mentioned one, and I agree.