PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Ring Question

katie
01-23-2005, 01:13 PM
I stood next to the boxing ring in the crowd on DLR's 91 UK tour and for the life of me have no idea of how he made to the ring without anyone seeing.

Anybody know?

Katie

Mezro
01-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by katie
I stood next to the boxing ring in the crowd on DLR's 91 UK tour and for the life of me have no idea of how he made to the ring without anyone seeing.

Anybody know?

Katie

Yes.

Mezro...magic (wait for it)...Me Wise Magic...

twonabomber
01-23-2005, 03:51 PM
we were six seats away from the soundboard in '86, EEAS tour...Dave was hiding in a roadcase, two roadies pushed the case up the aisle, back to the soundboard. it wasn't the boxing ring, just a little platform behind the 'board. we could see Dave watching the solos onstage until he got up on the platform.

i'm pretty sure they did the same thing for the Skyscraper and ALAE shows.

Jérôme Frenchise
01-23-2005, 03:57 PM
AbracaDAVEbra!:D

katie
01-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey twonabomber!

It was a boxing ring and it was on the last date of the ALAE UK tour Peterborough,

Look at the pics for that tour - You will see he has a boxing ring!

DavidLeeNatra
01-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by katie
Hey twonabomber!

It was a boxing ring and it was on the last date of the ALAE UK tour Peterborough,

Look at the pics for that tour - You will see he has a boxing ring!

it was the boxing ring with the whiskey pissing devils...and he did it in a roadcase as twona said...and then he rode back to the stage on the giant microphone singing california girls...

BrownSound1
01-24-2005, 03:17 AM
Katie, I think twonabomber was just making a reference to a previous tour in which he went through the crowd to a platform in the back of the arena, and no one knew it. He wasn't disagreeing with you. BTW, I'm pretty sure that they did move Dave to the boxing ring in a road case.

katie
01-24-2005, 04:19 AM
Many thanks guy's
Hey twonabomber! sorry for being down on you.

regards

katie
x

house0paincakes
01-24-2005, 07:31 AM
I remember Dave talking about the roadcase thing in an interview. Sorry I don't remember which magazine it was in...

twonabomber
01-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
it was the boxing ring with the whiskey pissing devils...and he did it in a roadcase as twona said...and then he rode back to the stage on the giant microphone singing california girls...

yeah.

wait, the surfboard was Skyscraper, the mic was ALAE, right?

Dave played Blossom (same venue for opening night of the Sam and Dave tour) twice, and they can't hang stuff from the rafters there...so there were a bunch of guys in robes carrying the mic (and Dave) on their shoulders. can't remember if they had a similar rig for the surfboard or not.

DavidLeeNatra
01-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by twonabomber
yeah.

wait, the surfboard was Skyscraper, the mic was ALAE, right?

Dave played Blossom (same venue for opening night of the Sam and Dave tour) twice, and they can't hang stuff from the rafters there...so there were a bunch of guys in robes carrying the mic (and Dave) on their shoulders. can't remember if they had a similar rig for the surfboard or not.

dave already used the mic during the skyscraper tour if the surfboard didn't work in the arena...

hamlet31
01-24-2005, 12:09 PM
I saw the Skyscraper tour in '88 at the Worcester Centrum. Dave had on the hooded robe that you see in the "Paradise" video. He jogged slowly down the ailse with his hood on and head down surrounded by security, just like a boxer in a high profile championship fight. He wasn't really hidden, in fact it was pretty much part of the show. I'm sure this was done differently pending on the tour/venue (I don't recall him doing this when I saw the '91 tour for instance).

hamlet31
01-24-2005, 12:11 PM
THe surfboard and mic were both used for his return trip to the stage in '88 and '91 respectively on each of the shows I saw.

Carmine
01-24-2005, 12:18 PM
the surfboard and mic were used on EEAS.

the surfboard, mic and boxing ring were used on Sky

the boxing ring and mic were used on ALAE

guwapo_rocker
01-24-2005, 12:20 PM

Carmine
01-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker

GR---that pic is from a boot cover? It says disc 1 on the bottom....

DLR7884
02-10-2005, 04:37 PM
It's from the boot called "In Search of Paradise Lost."

DLR7884
Skyscraper tour.

DLR7884
02-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Of course, I failed to notice that the picture told you all the information I just did.

DLR7884
Popular bootleg from that tour.

h3yl0
02-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Don't you know.... He Wise Magic.

Panamark
02-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Geez, Imagine Sammy trying the same trick, they would need an
industrial strength forklift to move that fookin roadcase into posistion.

katie
02-12-2005, 08:54 AM
I agree!

Now he is heading towards being an oap he looks more and more like Father Fucking Christmas on stage with all that red and his new fuller *I like muffins* figure!

Katie