PDA

View Full Version : Why do Ed and Al not respect their back catalog?

CVHfan
01-24-2005, 01:22 AM
If they released some live material of their classic stuff on DVD and CD, they could make some serious bank. It really kind of puts me off. The Classic Van Halen is considered one of the greatest bands in rock, but they are the least documented. Even if they won't get back together with Dave, they could at least give the fans what they want and give us some good live material from the Dave era. I see virtually nothing except the occasional live video. I thought I saw one for "You Really Got Me" and maybe one other song from the first album but that is it. But they would be doing their fans a favor and they all could make money, assuming they play fairly with Dave on the deal. And of course that is the problem. They have been really petty towards Dave. Fuck. A few years ago, Guns & Roses released "Live Era 87-93" and even though Axl is a nut and is estranged from his former bandmates, he and Slash et. al. were able to hammer out an agreement for releasing that live album for their fans and Axl is probably more fucked up than Eddie. Jimmy Page was smart enough to release the two disc live DVD and "How The West Was Won" a couple of years ago. For the fans. I know that if Dave had the rights he would do it because it is what we want. I wish Eddie would do it to.

DLRdelight!
01-24-2005, 01:26 AM
Maybe someday, sooner or later it will come about

tomballin
01-24-2005, 01:28 AM
Doesn't matter what the Sister's want to do, they/VH doesn't own their back catalog, Warner Music Group does. There is your answer.

CVHfan
01-24-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by tomballin
Doesn't matter what the Sister's want to do, they/VH doesn't own their back catalog, Warner Music Group does. There is your answer.

Well then, why doesn't Warner Bros. do it so then they can make some bank?

tomballin
01-24-2005, 01:43 AM
It's not rap, crap, progressive county, or some young slut that can shake it to a teenie bop lip sink song. There is no unit volume for WMG to get excited about.

I've post this several times, will say again, the 04 Van SpamBoys Tour was strictly for the Sister's to raise cash to try and buy VH's back catalog, with some investors. Time will tell......

Surprisely, it was Hagar that raised the red flag to Alex when WMG announced last November they were going to be bought out by an investor group, headed by this clown that is a worthless prick.

That is the REAL reason Hagar and Alex got together. NOT for some love fest reunion.

EbDawson
01-24-2005, 01:50 AM
The sisters have always been lousy businessmen. Maybe they need some help.

http://www.tvland.com/shows/greenacres/images/pat_pic.jpg

CVHfan
01-24-2005, 02:45 AM

Surprisely, it was Hagar that raised the red flag to Alex when WMG announced last November they were going to be bought out by an investor group, headed by this clown that is a worthless prick.

What does that mean?

katie
01-24-2005, 06:48 PM

You my friend are wrong, very wrong

katie
01-24-2005, 06:50 PM
If it was just warner's then every cvh cd would be repackaged with extra tracks/demos etc & there would be a live cd dvd.
It's what record companies do, sell plastic to make money, this is called business.

EDDIEVRULZ
01-25-2005, 01:33 AM
wb does not own the live footage. ed and al dont even have it in their posession. but, a man named noel monk does

CVHfan
01-25-2005, 01:35 AM
What happened to Monk? I know he left with Roth, but how does that factor in?

EDDIEVRULZ
01-25-2005, 01:45 AM
well, i know ill get flamed for this, but im not here to start an arguement. i cant prove what i know. none of you know me as i am relatively new guy to this great forum. but i guess i asked for this when i posted. supposedly, noel took the film back in 85 and the bros have been fighting to get it back since. more recently since in the early sammy days, they were more about sammy and there wasnt the market that there is now for it. i dont know ed or al or sam or mike. do i know people that know them? yes. are they good friends? no. could i have been lied to? yes. but i dont know why they would. i have had a few business dealings with a few of these people. and i asked questions. i was given a lot of answers, but then again, i cant prove them so i wont post most of them. but anyway, that is what i was told. as far as why it wouldnt be easy for the band to get the footage back , i dont know. could have been contractual agreements or whatnnot. i just dont know. im just saying what i have been told. i know that doesnt leave you guys with much, but its all i got.

stringfelowhawk
01-25-2005, 05:14 AM
They treat it that way because it reminds them of what they were and makes them realized what they are!

A dismembered tragedy!

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by EDDIEVRULZ
well, i know ill get flamed for this, but im not here to start an arguement. i cant prove what i know. none of you know me as i am relatively new guy to this great forum. but i guess i asked for this when i posted. supposedly, noel took the film back in 85 and the bros have been fighting to get it back since. more recently since in the early sammy days, they were more about sammy and there wasnt the market that there is now for it. i dont know ed or al or sam or mike. do i know people that know them? yes. are they good friends? no. could i have been lied to? yes. but i dont know why they would. i have had a few business dealings with a few of these people. and i asked questions. i was given a lot of answers, but then again, i cant prove them so i wont post most of them. but anyway, that is what i was told. as far as why it wouldnt be easy for the band to get the footage back , i dont know. could have been contractual agreements or whatnnot. i just dont know. im just saying what i have been told. i know that doesnt leave you guys with much, but its all i got.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc4.jpg

tomballin
01-25-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by katie
You my friend are wrong, very wrong

If it was just warner's then every cvh cd would be repackaged with extra tracks/demos etc & there would be a live cd dvd. It's what record companies do, sell plastic to make money, this is called business.

Katie, with all due and humble respect, you don’t have a clue what you are talking about or show an understanding for the music business. The biz is about #’s and $$$, period.

What,…..you think the opinions of the small active base of R.A. members here, represents the larger market demand for repackaged Van Roth products WITHOUT a hot Van Roth Tour, and EVH clean from rehab? Unfortunately, it doesn’t - I wish it did, like you and everyone else here.

But let’s look at the facts, a lot of VH’s greatest material is almost 30 years old, (with a frontman that has not been with his band in 20 years), and some of this great material been repackaged 3 times already. Secondly, the bootleg market is extremely strong on great unreleased VH stuff.

WMG owns the “back-catalogs” on over 800 artists, not just VH. AND a lot of really great artists that have stayed current, (or are dead like Hendrix) unlike Van Roth. So, WMG doesn’t see any money in screwing with putting out more repackaged VH material.

Hell, they dumped Van Halen in 2002 as their only label, since the band broke into the market in ’77. Then WMG pooped in their shorts on the ‘04 BOBW CD’s, and the 3 new tracks that blew dog.

Accordingly, WMG has well demonstrated their interest in putting out any new/real VH material,...ZERO.

Hey, the R.A. clan want some new hot steamy lil’ DVD’s. of Van Roth and DLR? Easy…….“certain members” makes them ourselves. I’m mastering some new videos right now. It is not like the bootleg material and technology doesn’t exist folks.

katie
01-25-2005, 08:20 PM
The original question was about rights & ownership.

BTW - If Roth & Eddie played ball with each other and agreed on a new set of remasters with added material / photos & sleeve notes then WMG would go for it. These are proven million selling CDs.
Not some fucking act that failed to re-coup the advance!

Lesser fucking bands have done it!

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Wolverine
01-25-2005, 10:14 PM
isn't it quite obivious....DAVE made that back catalog...CASE CLOSED!!

katie
01-27-2005, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tomballin
[B] Katie, with all due and humble respect, you don’t have a clue what you are talking about or show an understanding for the music business. The biz is about #’s and $$$, period.

So tell me why their debut VH1 the 10 million unit seller has not had a 25 year re-issue then?
Surely this would make money ,Right!

BTW - What the......do you know about the *music biz*?

katie
01-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Katie, with all due and humble respect, you don’t have a clue what you are talking about or show an understanding for the music business. The biz is about #’s and $$$, period.

What,…..you think the opinions of the small active base of R.A. members here, represents the larger market demand for repackaged Van Roth products WITHOUT a hot Van Roth Tour, and EVH clean from rehab? Unfortunately, it doesn’t - I wish it did, like you and everyone else here.

But let’s look at the facts, a lot of VH’s greatest material is almost 30 years old, (with a frontman that has not been with his band in 20 years), and some of this great material been repackaged 3 times already. Secondly, the bootleg market is extremely strong on great unreleased VH stuff.

WMG owns the “back-catalogs” on over 800 artists, not just VH. AND a lot of really great artists that have stayed current, (or are dead like Hendrix) unlike Van Roth. So, WMG doesn’t see any money in screwing with putting out more repackaged VH material.

Hell, they dumped Van Halen in 2002 as their only label, since the band broke into the market in ’77. Then WMG pooped in their shorts on the ‘04 BOBW CD’s, and the 3 new tracks that blew dog.

Accordingly, WMG has well demonstrated their interest in putting out any new/real VH material,...ZERO.

Hey, the R.A. clan want some new hot steamy lil’ DVD’s. of Van Roth and DLR? Easy…….“certain members” makes them ourselves. I’m mastering some new videos right now. It is not like the bootleg material and technology doesn’t exist folks.

YAWN....................

DLR7884
01-27-2005, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tomballin
[B] Katie, with all due and humble respect, you don’t have a clue what you are talking about or show an understanding for the music business. The biz is about #’s and $$$, period.

So tell me why their debut VH1 the 10 million unit seller has not had a 25 year re-issue then?
Surely this would make money ,Right!

It didn't have a 25 year anniversary disk....but it has been remastered and it was rereleased in the 90's as one of the gold collection disks.

DLR7884
Classic VH disks don't need outtakes and extra filler like Motley Crue reissues do....

Coyote
01-28-2005, 07:54 AM
New proof that the BOBW ain't doin so good... (http://www.everyfreegift.com/landings/efg_land_main01.jsp?product_id=2429&pid=1844165798&cid=2429&ptid=258m22122)

Mishar_McLeud
01-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Why not use BitTorrent? There are helluva LOT of Dave era stuff. I'm not interested in over-cropped and over-dubbed and over-credited official release a-la Right Here Right Now.

katie
01-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
It didn't have a 25 year anniversary disk....but it has been remastered and it was rereleased in the 90's as one of the gold collection disks.

DLR7884
Classic VH disks don't need outtakes and extra filler like Motley Crue reissues do....

You talk a load of Fucking Bollocks!
You sound like you are in the playground with your VH don't need rubbish.
If ED & AL where *normal * people they would be having dialogue with DLR and all the CVH cds would have the 2cd treatment, and we would all go out and re buy it looking for versions that we have not heard etc.

You are a naive uneducated twat!

DLR7884
01-28-2005, 05:23 PM
You talk a load of Fucking Bollocks!

Be nice....your cunt stinks like death but I didn't mention that in my first post.

You sound like you are in the playground with your VH don't need rubbish.

Excuse me, Stinky McSnatch....the original 6 albums VH did have stood the test of time on their own.

Unlike Motley Crue's lame ass reissues, VH doesn't need to add 4 demos of popular songs added to the end of the disk to sell more albums.

If ED & AL where *normal * people

Should be "were."

Don't call me uneducated when you can't figure out how to form a fucking sentence correctly, stinky.

If ED & AL where *normal * people they would be having dialogue with DLR and all the CVH cds would have the 2cd treatment, and we would all go out and re buy it looking for versions that we have not heard etc.

They aren't normal, so what's your point.

In case you have had your head jammed up your ass the last 7 years or so, there was some litigation involving DLR and the brothers regarding royalties....how the fuck do you know if some deal wasn't struck restricting VH AND/OR ROTH from releasing versions we haven't heard?

You don't know, so shut your fucking face.

You are a naive uneducated twat!

See above regarding you calling me uneducated.

DLR7884
Are you on the rag or something, stinky?

katie
01-30-2005, 02:49 PM
You seem to be having a bad day DLR7884

Bill Lumbergh
01-30-2005, 10:25 PM
You seem to be having a bad day DLR7884

Actually, he's being nice to you.

katie
01-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Actually, he's being nice to you.

No i belive he is having a bad day.
Bless him, he is just a twentysomething whos balls have yet to drop.
When his mom has finnished with her computer and he has done all the jobs around the house then if he is good she will let him back online again.

DLR7884
01-31-2005, 11:08 AM
No i belive he is having a bad day.

No I wasn't having a bad day....I was being nice to you, cunt.

Bless him, he is just a twentysomething whos balls have yet to drop.

I wouldn't drop my balls or a load anywhere near your pig ass.

When his mom has finnished with her computer and he has done all the jobs around the house then if he is good she will let him back online again.

Learn how to spell "finished," whore.

DLR7884
Notice how she didn't refute anything that I said about VH or her stinkbox? LOL.

Mishar_McLeud
01-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Wow, I imagine what you 'bad day' is mate :D:D:D

DLR7884
01-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Mishar_McLeud
Wow, I imagine what you 'bad day' is mate :D:D:D

My "bad day" is everyone else's worst nightmare.

DLR7884
:)

katie
01-31-2005, 06:23 PM

DLR7884

AAAhhh What a lovely angelic little child.
He only gets like that cos he loves me.

katie
01-31-2005, 06:28 PM

DLR7884

I reckon once you get yourself laid you will feel a whole lot better.
I know you are at a *funny* age but some people lose their virginity a lot later than you.
Relax you're with *friends* here

DLR7884
01-31-2005, 06:32 PM
AAAhhh What a lovely angelic little child.
He only gets like that cos he loves me.

I don't think so Eurowhore.

I can smell you through the fucking internet!

DLR7884
Brush your teeth and douche as soon as possible you filthy pig!

DLR7884
01-31-2005, 06:34 PM
I reckon once you get yourself laid you will feel a whole lot better.
I know you are at a *funny* age but some people lose their virginity a lot later than you.
Relax you're with *friends* here

I've buried my face in more beaver than you will ever know, stinky.

In fact, I'm not going out on a limb here...I've had sex with more women than the amount of times you have brushed your teeth in your life.

DLR7884
I floss with snatch hair, by the way.

katie
01-31-2005, 07:08 PM

DLR7884

HA! HA! HA! HA!
You are so funny,
How old are you now junior,5 or 6?
Bless

katie
01-31-2005, 07:13 PM

In fact, I'm not going out on a limb here...I've had sex with more women than the amount of times you have brushed your teeth in your life.

Of course you have junior, and you brought them all to orgasm as well didn't you?

Didn't you?

katie
01-31-2005, 07:14 PM
I thought not!

DavidLeeNatra
01-31-2005, 07:17 PM
Of course you have junior, and you brought them all to orgasm as well didn't you?

Didn't you?

ha ha, katie...I remember having a little "conflict" with junior, too...for a moment you sounded like an alias but then I realized I don't have any ;)

be nice to junior, he's a country-guy and not used to tough ladies...

katie
01-31-2005, 07:22 PM
You got that right bro!
I've had 4 people IM me telling me what a little*prick* he is.
Hey he's good fun.

DavidLeeNatra
01-31-2005, 07:38 PM
You got that right bro!
Hey he's good fun.

may I buy you a drink, lady?

katie
01-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
may I buy you a drink, lady?

Hey You sound like a real man.
Lets split a peanut butter sandwich, buy a bottle of anything and a glazed doughnut to go, and fuck like crazy! LOL!

You see Junior/DLR7884 this is how you get laid!

katie
01-31-2005, 08:55 PM
I wound'nt say Junior/DLR7884 was vain,
but everytime he has an orgasm he shouts out his own name!

DLR7884
02-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey You sound like a real man.
Lets split a peanut butter sandwich, buy a bottle of anything and a glazed doughnut to go, and fuck like crazy! LOL!

You see Junior/DLR7884 this is how you get laid!

Yeah, on the fucking internet......reality is really clouded on your side of the rainbow, huh?

DLR7884
What a dumb cunt.

DLR7884
02-01-2005, 10:05 AM
I wound'nt say Junior/DLR7884 was vain,
but everytime he has an orgasm he shouts out his own name!

???

Was that supposed to be funny?

First you say I'm a virgin and now I'm yelling my own name out when I have an orgasm?

Pick a story and stick to it, gutterslut.

DLR7884
Shut up already, haven't you embarassed yourself enough?

DLR7884
02-01-2005, 10:06 AM
HA! HA! HA! HA!
You are so funny,
How old are you now junior,5 or 6?
Bless

26, read my profile (if you can).

DLR7884
Have you met Wayne?

DLR7884
02-01-2005, 10:08 AM
You got that right bro!
Hey he's good fun.

Name them.

DLR7884
I'd love to know; go ahead, make up names if you want.

katie
02-01-2005, 12:07 PM
???

Was that supposed to be funny?

First you say I'm a virgin and now I'm yelling my own name out when I have an orgasm?

Pick a story and stick to it, gutterslut.

DLR7884
Shut up already, haven't you embarassed yourself enough?

Hey! Come on, You still masturbate when your moms not looking dont ya?

Do you want me to tell you what to do (Again) LOL!

( I must explain to all out in the *real world* Junior lives with his mom and has *issues* with real women)

Is it true that people like you in your situation are most likely to suffer from premature ejaculation?

This would explain your recent anger

DLR7884
02-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Hey! Come on, You still masturbate when your moms not looking dont ya?

Do you want me to tell you what to do (Again) LOL!

( I must explain to all out in the *real world* Junior lives with his mom and has *issues* with real women)

Is it true that people like you in your situation are most likely to suffer from premature ejaculation?

This would explain your recent anger

Anger?

Nope.

Just don't like dealing with know it all cunts like you.

DLR7884
Now fuck off.

katie
02-01-2005, 05:27 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by DLR7884
Anger?

Nope.

DLR7884
Now fuck off. [/QUOTE]

BAH! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!!!!!!!!!!!..........................[

katie
02-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Anger?

Nope.

DLR7884
Now fuck off.

BAH! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!!!!!!!!!!!.......................

DLR7884
02-01-2005, 05:53 PM
BAH! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!!!!!!!!!!!.......................

I notice you post 3 times a day usually....your zookeeper is awfully nice to give you apes internet access.

DLR7884
At which zoo do you reside?

Mishar_McLeud
02-01-2005, 05:57 PM
OK, what all of this has to do with Ed and Al?

katie
02-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I notice you post 3 times a day usually....your zookeeper is awfully nice to give you apes internet access.

DLR7884
At which zoo do you reside?

Oh no another no nothing post from DLR7884 = BIG YAWN!

DLR7884
02-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Oh no another no nothing post from DLR7884 = BIG YAWN!

You keep responding don't you, Fatty McAss?

By the way.....did anyone else notice that she started this shit and that she still hasn't rebutted what I wrote about the VH?

I guess I was right all along.

DLR7884
As usual.....feeding time katie.....enjoy your slop.

katie
02-01-2005, 06:21 PM
You keep responding don't you, Fatty McAss?

By the way.....did anyone else notice that she started this shit and that she still hasn't rebutted what I wrote about the VH?

I guess I was right all along.

DLR7884
As usual.....feeding time katie.....enjoy your slop.

Why do you keep avoiding the issues that you have with women?
Do you just hate them because you are 26 (so you say) year old virgin?
Have you ever touched a woman before?
How did that make you feel?

Did she laugh at you?

You can make the answer up if you like.

Go on junior tell me what you would do,
Now tell me everything and don't hold back.

DLR7884
02-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Learn how to quote, idiot.

DLR7884
No issues with women....you aren't a woman, you are a fucking farm animal, and you smell like one too.

DLR7884
02-01-2005, 06:26 PM
STOP
STALKING
ME
CUNT

DLR7884
Now you know what "SSMC" stands for when I write it in future posts to you.

katie
02-01-2005, 06:26 PM
And that is where we shall have to leave it.
This is a DLR site.
Let's respect that OK

DLR7884
02-01-2005, 06:30 PM
And that is where we shall have to leave it.
This is a DLR site.
Let's respect that OK

Lick my balls on a hot summer day when I'm wearing flannel boxers, you fucking cunt.

That was your white flag.

***DING DING DING***

I fucking win.

DLR7884
I'm done with you.

katie
02-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Win what?
No don't waste anymore bandwith

katie
02-01-2005, 06:44 PM
I am glad you emailed me to say *sorry*.
That means alot
Thank You

katie
02-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Lick my balls on a hot summer day when I'm wearing flannel boxers, you fucking cunt.

That was your white flag.

***DING DING DING***

I fucking win.

DLR7884
I'm done with you.

I am glad you emailed me to say *sorry*
That means alot to me.
Thank You

DLR7884
02-02-2005, 10:17 AM
I am glad you emailed me to say *sorry*
That means alot to me.
Thank You

I didn't email you, dumbass.

Secondly, your previous post mentioned that I was "wasting bandwith."

I fucking donated to this site, so my bandwith is paid for, for the time being.

You haven't contributed a fucking dime to this place, or even a post worthy of an intelligent response.

DLR7884
Are you done yet?

katie
02-02-2005, 10:22 AM
DLR7884
Do you ever talk about DLR/VH

DLR7884
02-02-2005, 11:16 AM
DLR7884
Do you ever talk about DLR/VH

Sure do, why don't you use those fat fucking fingers to scroll though my olds posts....what the fuck do you care anyways?

DLR7884
I can talk about whatever I want, cunt.

Dave IS VH
02-07-2005, 11:13 PM
I always thought Van Halen should release a box set with all of their unreleased songs, covers, demos, rare live performances from bar and club days and maybe some tracks from the tours from here and there.

The box set should also include a DVD with some rare live performances from their clubs and bars days, footage and clips from past tours from the early 80’s and late 70’s, Music Vides, old promos, never before seen and old interviews from the band.
It should also contain a book full of never before seen and old pictures of Van Halen, and maybe something extra like a guitar pick, key chain and maybe even a T-shirt.

Dave has said this should have been done by now, but he said “Van Halen is too lazy and don’t give a shit about music anymore”, which is what I heard from my local radio station awhile back.

DavidLeeNatra
02-08-2005, 06:02 AM
they have to deny the past because they desperately know there is no future with their present...

Figs
02-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by CVHfan
Why do Ed and Al not respect their back catalog?

Hubris