PDA

View Full Version : Roth Army Flashback 2000.

WARF
01-24-2005, 09:01 PM
You know, I've been thinking since this may 2005, will mark the 5 year ANALversary of the Roth Army message board! I'm talking back in the day when I registered... I believe there was only about 30 members... you know... hain23x was a supermod and think conmee and pojo were only mods! LOL
I remember bustin' my ass tryin' to do around 10 posts a day... so I would get the E-5 Roth Army Sargeant insigna which was available at around 100 posts... and gettin' a hundred posts was fuckin' impossible back then... it's not like today when you get people like flappo who can spit out 300 posts in a fuckin' day!!

Anyways, I was thinkin' back to the good ole days.... and woah... was there ever a better website then the original Army message board.... back in the days when hitch1969 was hated by everyone and would fuckin' terrorize Mike b... and Brad Starks?!?! There was soo much optimism that David Lee Roth and Van Halen were gonna reunite.... I remember rushing home from work.... just to read the latest hitchrant... or DLR rumor (Tabula Rasa) to be posted!

There was a real ... we are the fuckin' DLR Army.... take no fuckin' prisoners attitude.... you could almost smelll David Lee Roth doing a jumpkick off the drumriser... cuz there was a REAL FUCKIN' RADIANT ENERGY glowing across the board.... it was like.... if you ain't apart of the Roth Army.... YOU AIN'T FUCKIN' SHIT!!!

Here's a thread to talk about the classics...
Cuz this site is rich with history...

The hitchwar
Eat Us And Smiles departure from vhlinks
vhlinks Vs. RothArmy war (I think sarge banned midi files after sesh played, "Whitney Houston's The greatest love of all" during the mudslingin'.
Mike B. Vs. hitch1969

Talk about the mods of yester years,,,
Houseofpain
Cult of Roth
Kane
DLR Invasion
etc etc

Where are these people now?

If you were around then in the fall of 2000, you'll know exactly what i'm talkin' about!
There was no better place to be!

Igosplut
01-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Never made it untill 2001.....

diamondD
01-24-2005, 09:38 PM
You did find out that DLRInvasion was really a girl all along eventually didn't you WARF?

WARF
01-24-2005, 09:57 PM
DiamondD,

The original basement moderator!
I just learned something new today! LOL

Anyways...

Sarge was a true innovator, and a genius with a VISION.

This mofo would not accept anything less than perfection, I cannot tell you how many nighst in a row.... he would be up till 4 am working on the site.... asking his staff questions.... should we change this.... should we fix that.... do these colors look right?!?! I'm fucking serious... I had the SN in my buddylist to prove it.... he would put in 12 hour shifts for this site.... day in... and day out....

I swear to god there was like 40 fucking logo changes the first six months of this message board.... it was insane... but it was FUN... I've actually been reminded of those days.... this week posting here.
There is always a new war... or a unique personality that registers.
Jesterstar reminds me of how people used to hate hitch1969 back in the day... when he was a one man wrecking crew!

WARF
01-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Vaughn, Sesh, Sarge, Pojo, Brownsound as a unit...

Was like Dave, Alex, Mikey and Eddie.... the classic Van Halen of web sites...

Seperately... it's like two different bands/sites...

That's the magic of the original site...

But you still get the Roth attitude here... this place is like Roth solo of web sites... lol

DDLR.com is a great site too... but it's more like the Van Hagar years... you gotta genius like Eddie Van Halen (aka Von Halen) and a shitty singer like Hagar (aka Catfish) and an asshole brother Alex (aka wooda) !!!!

DlocRoth
01-24-2005, 10:37 PM
Damn..... I wasnt savvy.

YET.

You motherfuckers are the greatest.

Keep it up.

You give me a reason to turn on my box in the morning.

Hats off to the dopest fuckin site in the biz.

Sarge. Nothing less than a high octane, big rock high five to ya.

All you originals....... you know who you are.

And so do I.

Best.

D Loc

Nickdfresh
01-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by WARF
DiamondD,

The original basement moderator!
I just learned something new today! LOL

Anyways...

Sarge was a true innovator, and a genius with a VISION.

This mofo would not accept anything less than perfection, I cannot tell you how many nighst in a row.... he would be up till 4 am working on the site.... asking his staff questions.... should we change this.... should we fix that.... do these colors look right?!?! I'm fucking serious... I had the SN in my buddylist to prove it.... he would put in 12 hour shifts for this site.... day in... and day out....

I swear to god there was like 40 fucking logo changes the first six months of this message board.... it was insane... but it was FUN... I've actually been reminded of those days.... this week posting here.
There is always a new war... or a unique personality that registers.
Jesterstar reminds me of how people used to hate hitch1969 back in the day... when he was a one man wrecking crew!

It's worth it, 'cause Sarge built one hell of a site! Nothing compares to this shit! Nothing!

Dr. Weenis
01-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Yeah, it was really cool.
And then it was gone.
And then it was back.
And then Elvis would post that guy shooting guns and stuff like that.

And then I came back, and it got all gay again.

Your pal,
Dr. Penis

Panamark
01-25-2005, 01:28 AM
WARF AT THE SUPERBOWL ! :p

BrownSound1
01-25-2005, 02:16 AM
I remember those days very well....had a lot of fun doing it too. Back then girls would send you pictures and shit...nowdays you might as well ask them for the moon. ;)

WARF
01-25-2005, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
WARF AT THE SUPERBOWL ! :p

Dude that wasn't a highlight LOL!

You mofos wanted me to meet Dave... like that was gonna fuckin' happen!

Dude, what about your classic... the reunion torch!

How many fuckin' sites were hangin' that shit back 2000?

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 03:57 AM
Why do you always leave me out of your flashback posts, Warf ??

Was I that lame ??

Thank you Dr. Penis for remembering me...

I think...

:elvis:

Dr. Weenis
01-25-2005, 05:00 AM
Elvis,
Of course I remember you. You really, really hated me back then.

I would never try to make you go the gay way.

Your pal,
Dr. Penis

Panamark
01-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by WARF
Dude that wasn't a highlight LOL!

You mofos wanted me to meet Dave... like that was gonna fuckin' happen!

Dude, what about your classic... the reunion torch!

How many fuckin' sites were hangin' that shit back 2000?

LOL :D

The torch was all over the place ! Still on the front page here :)

Panamark
01-25-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

I think...

LOL ! :D

WARF
01-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Why do you always leave me out of your flashback posts, Warf ??

Was I that lame ??

I think...

Because there was not ELVIS in 2000, there was this punk named harecuttt who was banned from fighting with Kane!

Dr. Weenis
01-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Yes, I remember this as well.

Harecutt kicked ass as well.

::224::

ThatArtGuy
01-25-2005, 02:21 PM
The torch was mine. :P

And I still lurk here.

Panamark
01-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by ThatArtGuy
The torch was mine. :P

And I still lurk here.

Torch was mine dude. Concept, everything.

You did a great job bringing the concept to life :)

I didnt know until now, that it was you that designed it ??
Great job. You still got the flaming one ready :p

ThatArtGuy
01-27-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm sure Sarge has it somewhere. Probably in mothballs.

LOL

ODShowtime
01-27-2005, 12:11 PM
I was busy getting drunk and laid all the time in college. Sounds like a blast though :)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-27-2005, 08:28 PM
WARFy, you just put a smile on my face remembering those days....

You know what I'm talking about.....

Pojo only had, say, 500 posts..... And in most of them he actually made sentences.... ;)

But no doubt, there definitely was an edge in the old Army....

You're right, we all thought it was just a matter of time.... We all knew about the recording sessions.....

And, last but surely not least, I'd like to remind you that it was my battle with "whoever" at the Links that was the straw that broke the EUAS back and forced the mass exodus from the Links.... It's been so long, I can't even remember who I was flaming back and forth.... But it wasn't until after that that Pojo and Brownie decided that we needed to escape to the land of Roth.... :D

Full Bug
01-28-2005, 07:38 AM
Them were the days, I arrived early in 2000 I believe....God, I remember when a member would hit 1000 posts that was worthy of a "Congrats on hitting 1000 posts! thread, now if you had threads like that you would need to make a forum for them all....:D
One thing I dont miss was the red/black and yellow theme, was hard on the eyes....Speaking of Eyes, what ever happened to all the Eyes Of The Night bashing threads?:D

ZahZoo
01-28-2005, 03:08 PM
I remember those days well... this place was young and virile, full of piss and fight. Real fight that is... not this crap today. VA Beach VH fan actually posted in main then... Viking and Blueeyedmurder were terrorists and Hitch69 was the force. Ford was even more about the music than politics.

Hmmm the old days.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
VA Beach VH fan actually posted in main then...

LOL...

Everyone did bro....

Everyone was so pumped over the prospects of a reunion that this place was a buzz every night....

Panamark
01-29-2005, 02:09 AM
Wont you tell me ???

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Hmmm...

Well, It was 2000 when ELVIS was resurrected...:D

ThatArtGuy
01-29-2005, 03:01 AM
Wont you tell me ???

Where have all the good times gone?

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 03:09 AM
I wanna know!

Panamark
01-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Check this out !!

http://web.archive.org/web/20001206084500/http://www.dlrarmy.com/

Igosplut
01-29-2005, 09:27 AM
There's your torch Pana, I almost forgot about that..

Viking
01-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo:
I remember those days well... this place was young and virile, full of piss and fight. Real fight that is... not this crap today. VA Beach VH fan actually posted in main then... Viking and Blueeyedmurder were terrorists and Hitch69 was the force. Ford was even more about the music than politics.

What makes you think I still ain't out raping and pillaging?

:killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

Panamark
01-30-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Igosplut
There's your torch Pana, I almost forgot about that..

Its still on the main page mate ! You have to scroll down a bit, but its there !

Dr. Weenis
03-13-2007, 11:35 PM
These were good times, damn good times.

Back then, I could clear a room with the mention of a prostate massage.

Now, I am celebrated like the God I am.

Warf is still a fag.

Serendipity,
Dr. Penis

SilvioDante
03-13-2007, 11:50 PM
I guess this would be a good time to thank everyone for their hard work.

I found this site on the VHND around 2000. I have been lurking ever since.

You guys have made me laugh, pissed me off, and yes sometimes made me think.

I even got a bootleg concert from an Evansville IN concert with Dave in '84 (The only time I've seen VH w/ Dave)

So, to Sarge on down the line, thanks one and all...

Viking
03-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Aw, man. Talk about an acid trip.........:killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

Dr. Weenis
03-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Fuck yeah...Acid trip.

Hey here's an idea.......

You guys keep posting and I'll masturbate everytime someone posts something good. It'll be like old times.

Fuck YES!!!!

Serendipity,
Penis

P.S.---Where the fuck is Elvis???? I miss and love that little fucker. {Non-gay type}

Viking
03-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Weenis:

P.S.---Where the fuck is Elvis???? I miss and love that little fucker. {Non-gay type}

Elvis will be back shortly. He ate some bad pussy, and is in the alley puking on his shoes. :D

Sheeeit, I go back to the days of running amok in the Slawterhouse lounge........

Dr. Weenis
03-14-2007, 12:26 AM
I loved that Great Rock and Roll Swindle Slawterhouse from 1997 or so.

It made me remember that I did have a dick and balls.
And not to just run around with them tucked under like the dude from Silence of the Lambs. Ahh, the days of hope, loooong gone alas with all the nonsense of these days.

I remember you as always being a good guy Viking.
And you're one of the mods here who's never tasted sperm, right ? Unlike the members of our favorite group recently.

Serendipity,
Skymaster Carl Garcia from Hitchworld1969.com

Viking
03-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Doc, I am a strict, practicing connoisseur of only the finer poontang in life. My polarity ain't ass-backwards.

Now why the fuck won't my Slawterhouse sig load properly?!? Goddamn it. Mod? MODS! :mad:

ELVIS
03-14-2007, 12:48 AM
~Ha!~

:D

Plexi Head
03-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Thanks to all who made this site possible and the hard work involved.
Good reading.

I was wondering if there is anyone on here from the VH mailing list that was part of the Van Halen Encyclopedia website? (that eventually became the official VH site)

Even Val and Scotty Ross used to post there. Just wondering, we even had some VH List jam sessions, Grant Fisher could play a mean guitar and Sticks (Paul Strickland) was an awesome drummer.

Does anyone remember Mully? Man that guy flamed like no other.

Anyways. Thats all.

redfire
03-14-2007, 01:08 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20001001203819/216.10.20.170/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

Wow, according to this achive page, I was modding 2 forums...

I wish I could I say I remember that...

Better yet, the last thread in the Romper Room was "Ed150 isn't a internet robot, he speaks from the heart!"....

I really wish I remember that one. :) :D

BrownSound1
03-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Fuckin' A! Been a long time since I've seen those pages. You know, on the archive of the main site page there is a snippet I wrote about my bro hain23x making the Me Wise Magic video. I saw that video on YouTube the other day, and was pleasantly surprised. I wonder who posted it.

Man oh man, we used to post entire Dave and VH shows on this bitch. Videos...we had all that shit. Too bad it all got wiped out several times over.

glensfallspaul
03-14-2007, 04:19 PM
There was soo much optimism that David Lee Roth and Van Halen were gonna reunite.... I remember rushing home from work.... just to read the latest hitchrant... or DLR rumor (Tabula Rasa) to be posted!

I wasn't a member here then, but I do remember regularly checking the VH Newsdesk at that time, which I read for years until even that site's founder threw up his hands with the sorry state of affairs in camp Van Halen.

Warham
03-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I can't remember when I first started posting here. It was probably on the first board under another name. I do remember posting over at the Slawterhouse. I also remember posting to the DLRML for awhile (96-97??). I remember DLR7884 from the DLRML, because of his mouth. He was one of the more vocal posters. lol

I remember all the old days, even when Sarge first started the Army, before there was a board. I used to talk to him on AIM, and bug him and shit. We used to talk about the sites we had (I had one small DLR-related one myself at the time). Shit, I even remember talking to Mike Blair about the DLRND. He was a kook. This had to be around '98 or '99. Seems like ancient history.

Then I started posting over at the Links when it opened, and Brett asked me to mod there, which I did for about a month or two before I left in a cloud of dust. I just didn't give a shit about VH for a time, because after 2000, I thought it was all over.

Fastforward to 2004, and I end up posting back here again, and then Pojo asked me to mod here. lol

Where have all the good times gone????

Susie Q
03-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Weenis
These were good times, damn good times.

Back then, I could clear a room with the mention of a prostate massage.

Now, I am celebrated like the God I am.

Warf is still a fag.

Serendipity,
Dr. Penis

I love this fuckin' guy! ROTFLMAO!!! :D

Onofrio
03-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Interesting. I've been here all along, lurking, rarely posting anymore. My most verile posts were way back on Slaughterhouse, 1996-1998, when the battle was really heated. I remember when this started, almost as a reaction to the demise of that old site.

BrownSound1
03-15-2007, 01:41 AM
I used to love hanging out at Slawterhouse. As time went by and this site grew and grew they started to hate anything with DLRArmy associated with it. Then they started trying to compete by putting up bulletin board and all...pretty much killed them. That and months of no updates. There was a lot of behind the scenes bullshit involved with us and them....

Then there was this site called DLRJustice or some shit. They went straight at us...and LOST. I really believe The Keepers were behind that site too.

Panamark
03-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Man, that DLRJustice site even used the same color schemes
as the Army, at the time..
It was obvious as dogs balls in a bowl of Rice Crispies..

Dr. Weenis
03-15-2007, 02:08 AM
Dog balls......?

Mmmmmmm.

Serendipity,
Dr. Penis

BrownSound1
03-15-2007, 03:04 AM
It was obvious as dogs balls in a bowl of Rice Crispies..

LMAO!! Now that's a great line...hell it's almost Southern. :D You sure Mary didn't give you that one?

Roth & Roll
03-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
I used to love hanging out at Slawterhouse. As time went by and this site grew and grew they started to hate anything with DLRArmy associated with it. Then they started trying to compete by putting up bulletin board and all...pretty much killed them. That and months of no updates. There was a lot of behind the scenes bullshit involved with us and them....

Then there was this site called DLRJustice or some shit. They went straight at us...and LOST. I really believe The Keepers were behind that site too.

I originally found this place and became a member in the fall of 2000. I was never a regular poster; maybe a couple of times a week; but I was a regular reader of the posts. This place used to be THE place if you wanted to talk about Old School Classic-VH; The real deal; Actually; the ONLY deal. The Pasture Dump may have been the "official" site for VH news and discussion; but ©1999-2007 The DLR Army ® oozed the attitude of what Classic VH/DLR was all about. ©1999-2007 The DLR Army ®wasn't always the cash cow it has become today. Sarge; you took nothing and made it the greatest DLR site in the history of the internet. You put your heart and soul into building the ultimate online shrine where Classic Van HALEN and DLR solo fans could hang without ©1999-2007 The Sheep - DLR Army Properties ® walking in their shit.

You left those to the overly sanited corporately owned wooly operation of Sheep Herders led by the evil Brad Starks; which would eventually be handed down to his illegitimate offspring; Brett. A few still stray in here from time to time, but Rikk was nice enough to build a large wood-posted, fence fully re-enforced with high voltage electro-barbed wire around Southfork Ranch. :D

Thank You so much Sarge; rock on! Godspeed. Just get home safely dude.

There were bonuses as well - ©1999-2007 Hitch69 - The FranchiseDLR Army Properties ®; the most entertaining character in the history of the net; intentional or not, you never failed to crack me up. Keep living and laughing man; you rock.

Pojo, and Brownsound1 - the Goering and Goebbels of ©1999-2007 The DLR Army ®; this site would not have existed without your efforts as well and I thank you both too. If you're ever in MON-TREE-ALL BABY! I SAAYYY RIGHT HERE!!!; look me up. As you can tell by the quality of this post; I get really good chronic...

To about 84.37% of everyone else who have been here from the beginning; ROTH ON!!

P.S. : DLRJustice sucked rotten goat balls.

redblkwht
03-15-2007, 03:47 AM

Then there was this site called DLRJustice or some shit. They went straight at us...and LOST. I really believe The Keepers were behind that site too. amen to your post brother..
RIP slawterhouse lounge, i still miss that forum for real..lol those days were the shit!!

rocket
03-15-2007, 03:53 AM
Yes... such fond memories ... loved the Slawterhouse too.

Warham
03-15-2007, 06:50 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/19970331133025/http://www.slawterhouse.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/20010201210600/http://www.slawterhouse.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/19980113191445/http://slawterhouse.com/IMAGES/WELCOME..gif

redfire
03-15-2007, 03:22 PM
The Keepers...... man, I forgot about all that crap.

By the way, I still hate that puke orange of slawterhouse.... good memories though.

And Mike Blair.... what a freaking nut.

Warham
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I hated that orange version of the Slawterhouse.

Those guys apparently never took Web Design 101.

The thing I can't remember though. The Keepers always tried to play up the mysterious angle, but wasn't it determined that it was just two guys running the show over there? Maybe one of the old-timers can help refresh my memory.

Panamark
03-15-2007, 09:12 PM
LMAO!! Now that's a great line...hell it's almost Southern. :D You sure Mary didn't give you that one?

Actually thats on old saying my Dad used to say, except in Oz
we say Rice Bubbles, (But I noticed the same product in the US
is called Rice Crispies, so I kinda adapted it for my US brothers
and sisters)..

I have heard some similar sayings along those lines from
my Southern family :)

Mate, I swear, you guys could move here, or we could move there.
We are more similar than I had imagined. I feel totally at home
in the US. Might move there one day ;)

As long as I got to have extended breaks back in Australia I
would be totally down with that ...

Panamark
03-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey Im so Southern now that I went out to the Mississippi Delta
and saw where Teddy Bear came from :)

DLR'sCock
03-15-2007, 09:37 PM
I remember back in 2000 really thinking and hoping Dave was definitely going to rejoin the band, and that's when I found Dome, which eventually led me to find the Army, and eventually the links(ha). DDLR, is quite alright as well.

rustoffa
03-15-2007, 10:42 PM
I think I've posted the recollections before, so I'll post 'em again. Back during the mid-to-late infancy/toddlering of the interweb, I wrote for a dirt sheet. Spoilers, opinionation, fist-fights. Pretty low-brow stuff. Some Van Halen song started playing in the background as I was typing one night, and I ended up finding the Slawterhouse page, 'cause I was bored with my typing. There was a clip of Dave reading an excerpt from CFTH on the front page...musta listened to it 3 or 4 times. Never checked any of the rest of the site out. Some months later, I was surfing Van Halen again, and found The Army probably right before it went down. There was a link to Warf's "Enema" re-work of "Panama" on the front page....musta laughed for 20 minutes or so...like fucking crying. I copy/pasted that shit everywhere. It pissed folks off to no end. Motherfuckers' just lost their collective minds. I got de-classified, attacked, and told not to wander back. After a few less-than-stellar months involved with MIRC clone wars, I found all that was left of The Army was The Wall. Someone posted a link to DDLR on it (The Wall), and I wandered over there. The Army was re-instated, and I wandered over here.
FINI.