PDA

View Full Version : wow...so the Dems DO play dirty!!!

academic punk
01-24-2005, 09:32 PM
hat's the essential difference: when republicans practice dirty politics, it seems to have a pretty good success ratio.

When Dems attempt it, they get busted...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/24/tires.slashed.ap/index.html

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- The sons of a first-term congresswoman and Milwaukee's former acting mayor were among five Democratic activists charged Monday with slashing the tires of vans rented by Republicans to drive voters and monitors to the polls on Election Day.

Sowande Omokunde, son of Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis., and Michael Pratt, the son of former Milwaukee acting mayor Marvin Pratt, were among those charged with criminal damage to property, a felony that carries a maximum punishment of 3 1/2 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

The activists are accused of flattening the tires on 25 vehicles rented by the state Republican Party to get out the vote and deliver poll watchers November 2.

Also charged were Lewis Caldwell and Lavelle Mohammad, both from Milwaukee, and Justin Howell of Racine.

The GOP rented more than 100 vehicles that were parked in a lot adjacent to a Bush campaign office. The party planned to drive poll watchers to polling places by 7 a.m. and deliver any voters who didn't have a ride.

Some Republican officials have criticized Milwaukee County District Attorney E. Michael McCann, a Democrat, for taking more than two months to bring charges.

McCann said FBI agents were involved in interviewing witnesses in four states: Georgia, Virginia, Maryland and New York.

"We asked the FBI knowing that this probably wouldn't be their first priority," he said.

Rick Wiley, state GOP executive director, discovered the vandalism on the morning of Election Day.

"It was unbelievable that people could stoop this low in a political campaign," he said. "I figured it had to be someone from the opposition. But I didn't think someone on the paid (John) Kerry campaign would do this."

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel quoted sources Sunday as saying the five were paid staffers.

Wiley didn't say whether the vandalism prevented anyone from voting, but he said poll watchers were about two hours late.

Moore did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

ELVIS
01-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Hahaha...

Let's see the defense for this crap...

academic punk
01-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Anyone who defends this is a hypocrite.

Like I've said, I voted Kerry. I wanted a change of administration.

But the same way I shouted "foul" when I felt w, his administation, and its supporters have done wrong, this is also the same.

Wrong is wrong, and the ends don't necessarily justify the means.

Nickdfresh
01-24-2005, 09:55 PM
There is no defense for voter fraud. But we know the current Administration's lackies have gotten away with far more.

Remember this crazy bitch?

http://www.wheretruthlies.com/TruthLiesCartoons/KatherineHarris.gif

academic punk
01-24-2005, 10:10 PM
and so by stooping to her level, that makes it appropriate...how?

actually, this goes beyond what she did.

She took a convenient interpretation of the law, which the Supreme Court upheld. So - TECHNICALLY - she did nothing illegal.

These guys did something worse, as an act unto itself. This was done with intent, pre-planned and violent. also, what harris did was done 100% in the public eye - these guys tried to work covertly.

they attempted to prevent people who DEPENDED on these vans from having their voice heard - how "democratic" is that? it was as selfish an act as robbing someone's home.

and it's unbecoming behavior for anyone, but especially for the children of someone involved in government. Absolute idiots.

Nickdfresh
01-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
and so by stooping to her level, that makes it appropriate...how?

actually, this goes beyond what she did.

She took a convenient interpretation of the law, which the Supreme Court upheld. So - TECHNICALLY - she did nothing illegal.

These guys did something worse, as an act unto itself. This was done with intent, pre-planned and violent. also, what harris did was done 100% in the public eye - these guys tried to work covertly.

they attempted to prevent people who DEPENDED on these vans from having their voice heard - how "democratic" is that? it was as selfish an act as robbing someone's home.

and it's unbecoming behavior for anyone, but especially for the children of someone involved in government. Absolute idiots.

Wherever did I say it was justified or "appropriate?" Are we fishing for hypocritical Democratic responses? I condemn any attempt at voter fraud, including this one!

But I also find it highly comical that you think Cruella De Harris did what she did in the public eye. Far from it. She's a corrupt whore on a grand scale whereas these shitheads were localized hooligans.

academic punk
01-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
There is no defense for voter fraud. But we know the current Administration's lackies have gotten away with far more.

Remember this crazy bitch?

http://www.wheretruthlies.com/TruthLiesCartoons/KatherineHarris.gif

My bad, Nick. I misinterpretd something you wrote here.

You're right - they did get away with "far more" (as oyu say in your first post, which is above) in the sense that the ramificaitons of the act are much mroe significant.

However, the act itself - Harris did something that I as well find distasteful, border-line corrupt, but she did nothing illegal. NOTHING.

She interpreted the law in a manner that perhaps you or i wouldn't. but here's the thing: the suprme court upheld her ruling. so, again, she did nothing illegal.

so as an act unto itself, slashing van tires is "far more".

ODShowtime
01-24-2005, 11:35 PM
The difference is, slashing vans in a GOP parking lot was clearly schemed up on a local level. Looks like some idiot local democratic official took it upon himself to get a gang of thugs together to suppress voter turnout. Retarded and highly unlikely, but whatever.

Now gw&friends, they had karl rove analyze the last couple elections and predict which states it would come down to based on the silly wedge policies gw would enact. Then they made sure they had the right people in the right places to completely bias the election. CLEARLY BIASED.

Central shady policy to bias election results, or local renegade retard - which is worse?

ODShowtime
01-24-2005, 11:37 PM
She's a corrupt whore on a grand scale whereas these shitheads were localized hooligans.

damn it, nick already made my point more gracefully. :rolleyes:

Big Train
01-25-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Retarded and highly unlikely, but whatever.

Man, that covers almost EVERY single thought the Dems have had in the last decade....

FORD
01-25-2005, 02:12 AM
Stupid stunt, to be sure, but no more so then all that crap the Parlocks pulled - and then blamed on the Democrats - or Chris Dunce stealing his own laptop in Bellevue.

Anybody who excuses ANY of them is a hypocrite. Even though electro-fraud elections are, by their very nature a crime, that does not excuse crimes in trying to prevent them.

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Man, that covers almost EVERY single thought the Dems have had in the last decade....

Yeah, right Big T. Unlike those stellar Republican ideas:

BigBadBrian
01-25-2005, 07:16 AM
Yeah, right Big T. Unlike those stellar Republican ideas:

Leave it to Micky to trash those Republican ideas. :rolleyes:

academic punk
01-25-2005, 07:28 AM
I don't see how these comparisons have any basis here.

Oh, we did this, but THEY DID THAT.

No, no, no. Just own the fuck-up folks. Period. Ever hang in a court of law? Even for a moving violation? they just want to know how your pleading. They don';t want to hear "guilty with an explanation".

Guilty is guilty.

ODShowtime
01-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by academic punk
I don't see how these comparisons have any basis here.

Oh, we did this, but THEY DID THAT.

No, no, no. Just own the fuck-up folks. Period. Ever hang in a court of law? Even for a moving violation? they just want to know how your pleading. They don';t want to hear "guilty with an explanation".

Guilty is guilty.

That'd be all well and good if anyone in here was really a democrat and really needed to take accountability for this stupid crime. Of course it's wrong.

But the title of your thread says "the Dems DO play dirty" it wasn't "the dems," it was A dem. Or a small group of dems. You can't tell me that the DLC or whatever told these guys to slash tires on GOP vans.

BUT, it is quite clear that the election rigging for republicans went all the way to the highest offices in the country and in key states. That's why it's not "illegal" but is highly immoral. It's pretty cut and dry I would think. Unless you guys actually believe dems would have a policy of vandalism...

diamondD
01-25-2005, 08:38 AM
No shit. Cry foul all day long when you bring up Clinton, but justify criminal activity with other guilty people. Like anyone thinks any party has all-perfect members. :rolleyes:

If this was one of the Bush clan, FORD would go on and on about it relentlessly.

FORD
01-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
You can't tell me that the DLC or whatever told these guys to slash tires on GOP vans.

Of course not. The DLC would have been slashing tires on Dean & Kucinich supporters vans.

Cathedral
01-25-2005, 09:43 AM
I was convinced a long time ago that neither party was worth a fuck, and all this does is reinforce my beliefs as such.

But you have to vote for someone, and the Conservative ticket best suits my frame of mind.

Ya gotta vote for someone, and shame on any mother fucker who ever gets in my way when casting my ballot.

Where i voted the only bias i saw was that of the 30-40 signs stuck in the ground at the polling place, not a one for a Republican.

My neighbor (A Dem Supporter) worked the polling place and when i asked her why there was no signs for Republicans she told me that nobody there was a Bush supporter so they never made it to the yard.

It didn't stop me from casting my vote and my mind was made up before i got there.
It was basically a nothing issue to me, but it is pretty telling of the mentality of our local Democrats and how if we aren't on their side they simply don't care about you or your voice.

That said, I do know some level headed and fair Democrats that actually know how to respect a difference of opinion and ideology.

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Leave it to Micky to trash those Republican ideas. :rolleyes:

Why, are you all for "Mission A-Military-Blunder?"

Yeah, that was a great idea! BigBadBusheep ;) !