PDA

View Full Version : Kids Are Learning Superstitious Bullshit in PA?

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 05:16 AM
Intelligent design' taught in Pennsylvania

Wednesday, January 19, 2005 Posted: 11:35 AM EST (1635 GMT)
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/EDUCATION/01/19/evolution.debate.ap/story.evolution.jpg
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania (AP) -- High school students heard about "intelligent design" for the first time Tuesday in the Pennsylvania school district that attracted national attention by requiring students to be made aware of it as an alternative to the theory of evolution.

Administrators in the Dover Area School District read a statement to three biology classes Tuesday and were expected to read it to other classes on Wednesday, according to a statement from the Thomas More Law Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan, which was speaking on the district's behalf.

The district is believed to be the only one in the nation to require students to hear about intelligent design -- a concept that holds that the universe is so complex, it had to be created by an unspecified guiding force.

"The revolution in evolution has begun," said Richard Thompson, the law center's president and chief counsel. "This is the first step in which students will be given an honest scientific evaluation of the theory of evolution and its problems."

The case represents the newest chapter in a history of evolution lawsuits dating back to the Scopes Monkey Trial in Tennessee nearly 80 years ago. In Georgia, a suburban Atlanta school district plans to challenge a federal judge's order to remove stickers in science textbooks that call evolution "a theory, not a fact."

The law center is defending the Dover district against a federal lawsuit filed on behalf of eight families by two civil-liberties groups that alleged intelligent design is merely a secular variation of creationism, the biblical-based view that regards God as the creator of life. They maintain that the Dover district's curriculum mandate may violate the constitutional separation of church and state.

"Students who sat in the classroom were taught material which is religious in content, not scientific, and I think it's unfortunate that has occurred," said Eric Rothschild, a Philadelphia attorney representing the plaintiffs in the federal lawsuit.

Biology teacher Jennifer Miller said although she was able to make a smooth transition to her evolution lesson after the statement was read, some students were upset that administrators would not entertain any questions about intelligent design.

"They were told that if you have any questions, to take it home," Miller said.

The district allowed students whose parents objected to the policy to be excused from hearing the statement at the beginning of class and science teachers who opposed the requirement to be exempted from reading the statement. About 15 of 170 ninth-graders asked to be excused from class, Thompson said.

A federal judge has scheduled a trial in the lawsuit for September 26.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

What's next? Should we start teaching alternative theories about the earth being flat and the moon being made of cheese?

Intelligent design is merely a code word for superstitious, 'Creationist' bullshit pulled from the literal interpretation of the Bible!

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 06:03 AM
The district is believed to be the only one in the nation to require students to hear about intelligent design -- a concept that holds that the universe is so complex, it had to be created by an unspecified guiding force.

Translation- The district is being run by a bunch of dumbasses who never listened in class, who are too dumb to understand the concept of evolution, so therefore, they want to make the children just like them, so they won't feel inferior.

:)

BigBadBrian
01-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Knucklebones
Translation- The district is being run by a bunch of dumbasses who never listened in class, who are too dumb to understand the concept of evolution, so therefore, they want to make the children just like them, so they won't feel inferior.

:)

I guess alternative viewpoints threaten your infinitely superior position, huh? :rolleyes:

ODShowtime
01-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Intelligent design' taught in Pennsylvania

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania (AP) -- High school students heard about "intelligent design" for the first time Tuesday in the Pennsylvania school district

The district allowed students whose parents objected to the policy to be excused from hearing the statement at the beginning of class and science teachers who opposed the requirement to be exempted from reading the statement. About 15 of 170 ninth-graders asked to be excused from class, Thompson said.

I am ashamed that such nonsense is taking place so close to my homeland. This place can get pretty conservative, but this is just nonsense. BUT, at least they let people who don't agree leave and don't force science teachers to spit out some voodoo nonsense if they don't want to.

It's just retarded because everyone knows aliens helped us evolve. They should just say that! :D

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

It's just retarded because everyone knows aliens helped us evolve. They should just say that! :D

A distinct possibility.
http://www.wiot.com/pictures/sh27.jpg

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Superstitious ??

What's superstitious is the idea that everything and all life just evolved out of nothing, with no plan...

If you study the theory of evolution, you find documentation where very different animals are found to be derived from the same genetic plan...

Who came up with these genetic plans ??

Did they just evolve too ??

An intelligent creator is the answer, and that creator is God.

The theory of evolution will never be proven true.

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Superstitious ??

What's superstitious is the idea that everything and all life just evolved out of nothing, with no plan...

If you study the theory of evolution, you find documentation where very different animals are found to be derived from the same genetic plan...

Who came up with these genetic plans ??

Did they just evolve too ??

An intelligent creator is the answer, and that creator is God.

The theory of evolution will never be proven true.

The Theory of Evolution is supported by a vast amount of scientific research and evidence whereas "(un)Intelligent Design" is based on preconceived notions that are weakly posed as pseudo-science.

Great! Keep your religious views for Sunday school and the scientific method in high schools and out of my kids educational agenda!

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 05:23 PM
The answer can be found by taking highschool freshman biology classes.

Yes, SCIENCE. Also, some people HAVE created the amino acids needed for life out of basically nothing. If you know anything about mutations and natural selection, you would know that evolution HAS been happening. OBVIOUSLY.

I mean fuck, the U.S. is probably the only country in the global north, who has to fucking go through this bullshit. You don't hear about this shit going on in Japan and shit.

Besides, by theory of intelligent design, that would mean that god was working the universe to create Van Hagar, and I simply refuse to believe that :D

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 05:26 PM
The Theory of Evolution does not have enough scientific basis to be taught in High School...

The motive for teaching such a theory is an attempt to disprove the existance of God...

whodat
01-25-2005, 05:33 PM
AND WHO CREATED THE AMINO ACIDs...eveolution of a an amino acid. listen, for those who dont believe a high power is responsible for all living things need a reality check. science is not definite!! god is absolute

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by whodat
AND WHO CREATED THE AMINO ACIDs...eveolution of a an amino acid. listen, for those who dont believe a high power is responsible for all living things need a reality check. science is not definite!! god is absolute

Absolute what? Again, you're talking theology, NOT SCIENCE! Talk theological speculations while smoking pot or at Sunday School/CCD!

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
The Theory of Evolution does not have enough scientific basis to be taught in High School...

The motive for teaching such a theory is an attempt to disprove the existance of God...

Neither does religion. What are you a scientist now? Whip out your Phd., I really want to see it!

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
If you know anything about mutations and natural selection, you would know that evolution HAS been happening. OBVIOUSLY.

The method in which bacteria develop resistance to antibiotics through mutations in their DNA has been proven not to benefit the theory of evolution, due to the mutations causing the bacteria to be LESS viable...

This hardly supports improvement of a species...

Also, in countless studies of bacteria mutation, the bacteria remains the same and of the same type...

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Neither does religion. What are you a scientist now? Whip out your Phd., I really want to see it!

Where did I say that religion should be taught in school...

BTW, I have a medical education...

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 05:42 PM
The method in which bacteria develop resistance to antibiotics through mutations in their DNA has been proven not to benefit the theory of evolution, due to the mutations causing the bacteria to be LESS viable...

This hardly supports improvement of a species...

Also, in countless studies of bacteria mutation, the bacteria remains the same and of the same type...

What are you talking about? Bacteria are responding to a form of natural selection, the germs most resistant to anti-biotics are going to be resistant to death and more likely to survive!

Tell me as a healthcare professional; that you don't believe the world is 6000 years old!

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Where did I say that religion should be taught in school...

BTW, I have a medical education...

Creationism based on flawed Biblical mythology IS RELIGION! Why not just teach the "Prometheus" Myth as the factual explanation of human consciousness?!

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 05:45 PM
The thing about people who discredit evolution is, that they really don't know shit about it at all. They think it happens in a timeline of 20 years or some bullshit. They do not understand at all, the immense amount of time required for a new species to be formed.

However, evolution is pretty much common sense. Which leaves something to be said about these people.

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 05:48 PM
What are you talking about? Bacteria are responding to a form of natural selection, the germs most resistant to anti-biotics are going to be resistant to death and more likely to survive!

Wrong, the surviving bacteria has a slower metabolism, and grows at a much lesser rate...

Tell me as a healthcare professional; that you don't believe the world is 6000 years old!

No way...

I love getting in arguments with Christians who believe such nonsense...

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Creationism based on flawed Biblical mythology IS RELIGION! Why not just teach the "Prometheus" Myth as the factual explanation of human consciousness?!

Well, I think all of this is College level material, where it can be properly examined...

High School kids could care less, anyway...

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 05:51 PM
I mean fuck, you really think a dinosaur would have the same chance of being alive today compared to a human?

whodat
01-25-2005, 05:54 PM
the big bang theory huh..hahahaa i love it..so bacteria collided with bacteria..where did the bacteria come from..do you see where im going..something cannot exist with something..there has to be high power working..your bacteria mention..where did the bacteria come from?

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 05:55 PM
The thing about people who discredit evolution is, that they really don't know shit about it at all. They think it happens in a timeline of 20 years or some bullshit. They do not understand at all, the immense amount of time required for a new species to be formed.

Show me an instance where a new species was formed...

However, evolution is pretty much common sense. Which leaves something to be said about these people.

Common sense ??

You're an idiot...

Just because you get stoned and think something up, doesn't make it become reality...

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Well, I think all of this is College level material, where it can be properly examined...

Actually, it's just common sense. I'm not trying to insult anyone here but kids aren't that dumb. Well in some ways they are, but they do understand these kind of things when they get to be about like the 2nd grade.

I can guarantee you that 95% of the highschool students in the global north DO understand the concept of Evolution. Of that, probably 65% knew BEFORE they formally learned it in biology.

Actually, come to think of it, they DO teach you about evolution in middle school.

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 05:57 PM
the big bang theory huh..hahahaa i love it..so bacteria collided with bacteria..where did the bacteria come from..do you see where im going..something cannot exist with something..there has to be high power working..your bacteria mention..where did the bacteria come from?

Classic case of idiot who never payed attention in school. I'm not even gonna say why. Someone care to break it to him?

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 05:58 PM
I mean fuck, you really think a dinosaur would have the same chance of being alive today compared to a human?

What are you trying to dream up now ??

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 06:00 PM
I can guarantee you that 95% of the highschool students in the global north DO understand the concept of Evolution.

Only because some liberal teacher taught it to them...

It's not true, and it cannot be proven...

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 06:01 PM
"Show me an instance where a new species was formed..."

Again, someone was obviously not paying attention in school.

Um, look around you? Go to the Zoo? Hell did you EVEN learn ANYTHING about evolution? Hell you can even see the fucking effects of evolution to this day in the HUMAN species. Kids are getting taller and taller. Mostly by effects of good nutrition, however, the tall kids have a better chance of getting good jobs and reproducing with people who have good genes (if the kids are male)

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 06:02 PM
What are you trying to dream up now ??

So you're saying that a dinosaur would have the same chance to survive in a way that they may compete with the human race this day?

LOL

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Hahaha...

So, you're saying in 10,000 years, people will be really tall ??

Everything you post, you make up...

Go away, punk...

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 06:06 PM
So you're saying that a dinosaur would have the same chance to survive in a way that they may compete with the human race this day?

LOL

What you are suggesting is stupid...

God created Dinosaurs so we would have fossil fuels to attack Iraq over...

Just kidding...

whodat
01-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Evolutionists often have come forth and admitted their own and their colleagues' extreme degree of bias in this matter. Some have admitted that their approach has not been scientific or objective at all. Many admit to the severe lack of evidence for evolution and that they have accepted their conclutions only because they are unwilling to accept that evolution never occured.

whodat
01-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Darwin: "I have asked myself whether I may not have devoted my life to a fantasy." "I...am ready to cry with vexation at my blindness and presumption."

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Correct!

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 06:09 PM

Who cares if their bored!? You could say that about anything! Gimme a break! Some of these kids need this stuff for college science courses. Who the hell are religious nuts to decide the curriculum?

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Hahaha...

So, you're saying in 10,000 years, people will be really tall ??

Everything you post, you make up...

Go away, punk...

Actually, compared with people of 150 years ago, we are GIANTS.

Have you seen the beds of the early european people? They're barely even 5 feet long!

Have you ever taken a trip to a Japanese Castle? A lot of people hit their heads these days. However, in those days, people used to run through to get to their positions!

I am not making stuff up, I just have more common sense then you.

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Darwin: "I have asked myself whether I may not have devoted my life to a fantasy." "I...am ready to cry with vexation at my blindness and presumption."

You think the Big Bang Theory hsa to do with Evolution. You're dumb. STFU please. Kids learn about the big bang in the 7th grade these days. It's not like they don't know what it is even before then.

whodat
01-25-2005, 06:11 PM
thank you elvis

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 06:12 PM
So, Jesus was like a foot tall ??

whodat
01-25-2005, 06:12 PM
religion is not taught..its sought out my friend. creationism and evolution are taught.

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 06:14 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc15.jpg

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 06:15 PM
It's useless to argue with people without the capability of common sense Nick :D

http://www.dslnorthwest.net/~danwilcox/galileo.html

Notice the date on the article?

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 06:16 PM

So you are saying that Conservative teachers are superstitious hicks?

whodat
01-25-2005, 06:16 PM
the 2 have nothing to do with one another..getting big, tall , fat is genetics..not evolution. damn, go back to school before i take you back to school

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 06:18 PM

What the hell is the basis of your argument! There is a hell of a lot more evidence for Evolution than there is for Creationism/UnItelligent Design!

So we should teach nothing and fall behind the rest of the world in the sciences!?

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 06:20 PM
So you are saying that Conservative teachers are superstitious hicks?

No...

Define a superstitious hick..

whodat
01-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Although evolutionists state that life resulted from non-life, matter resulted from nothing, and humans resulted from animals, each of these is an impossibility of science and the natural world. thats my basis..does that help.

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Evolutionists often have come forth and admitted their own and their colleagues' extreme degree of bias in this matter. Some have admitted that their approach has not been scientific or objective at all. Many admit to the severe lack of evidence for evolution and that they have accepted their conclutions only because they are unwilling to accept that evolution never occured.

When? Give me a specific example, and not some bullshit from a fundimentalist web site. The fossil record is a "severe lack of evidence?" You guys are out of you stunted minds! Show me an academic paper written by any scientist teaching at a real universtiy science dept. that is about "Intelligent Design." And I'll show you a pig flying out of the Pope's ass! You'll be looking long and hard for that one!

whodat
01-25-2005, 06:25 PM
hahahahaa..

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 06:25 PM
the 2 have nothing to do with one another..getting big, tall , fat is genetics..not evolution. damn, go back to school before i take you back to school

You won't be taking anyone to English class I hope.

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 06:28 PM
There is a hell of a lot more evidence for Evolution than there is for Creationism/UnItelligent Design!

Then show me some...

My description of mutation of DNA is strong evidence against it...

So we should teach nothing and fall behind the rest of the world in the sciences!?

No! The Theory of Evolution has little to do with scientific education...

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Although evolutionists state that life resulted from non-life, matter resulted from nothing, and humans resulted from animals, each of these is an impossibility of science and the natural world. thats my basis..does that help.

Evolutionists' or as I like to call them, rational people, are not seeking WHY life started, but "how" it started. Life arose from organic compounds, no one claims to know exactly how that happened! That is not even the central part of Evolution!

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 06:32 PM
There is a hell of a lot more evidence for Evolution than there is for Creationism/UnItelligent Design!

[b]Then show me some...

My description of mutation of DNA is strong evidence against it...

How? No it's not! Who told you that? The bacteria recover, why do we still have infections then? How do you explain virulent "supergerms?" You've merely pointed out an artificial form of natural selection.

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 06:34 PM
No...

Someone that is backward and anti-science and seeks to return us to the days of the Skopes Monkey Trial!

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 06:37 PM

Nick, I leave it to you, this guy is hopeless beyond hope. :(

I really hope that he is really just trying to pull our leg and be funny by pretending to be a idiot, but somehow, I just can't believe that.

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 06:43 PM
God is not anti-science, or anti-education...

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

(2 Timothy 2:15)

Cathedral
01-25-2005, 06:51 PM
2 words: Private School

Evolution is based in theory, but i also consider the term "evolution" to be somewhat descriptive of the term "growth".
Now we all grow as we age so in a sense we all evolve and i have yet to see anything about evolution that discounts the existance of God.

I don't believe that we evolved from apes either.
The genetic makeup of an ape is substantially different than that of man.
We have more water content in our bodies than the ape, and if evolution were true then tell me what has evolved in the last 6000 years, we are people just like those who walked the earth so long ago with no changes in our basic structure. so what happened, did evoloution stop? No it didn't.
This planet has been home to countless species since the snowball earth days, which by the way is not a theory, it is fact.
prehistoric man, though similar in appearance was genetically different than the homosapian.
They were a completely different species than we are, therefore we could not have come from them.

We have more in common with the Dolphin than we do apes as a matter of fact, and since we are mostly water, then our origins are of a more aquatic nature.
And that doesn't discount God, we were simply constructed of the materials available on earth.

The fact that we even live on this planet is a miracle because if there were to be the slightest change in tilt and axis of earth it would change the climate on the globe so drastically that large portions of the population would be wiped out, most likely become frozen people-pops. That is of course if it didn't wipe out all human life all together.

Personally, the theory of evolution may comfort some people that choose not to believe in a God, so be it, but it does more to prove his existance than disprove it in my opinion because i have seen nothing conclusive to prove we evolved from anything but seawater.

Besides, if evolution brought us from the ape then why are there still apes that look like apes, or why aren't there any half man half apes walking around in mid evolution?
Because we did not evolve from an ape, yes we are similar, but that could be due solely to the fact that we are all products made from the earth, so we are relative in that sense, just not related directly.

It the same difference that seperates the white man from the black man. though very similar, there are profound differences in our genetic makeup, and it's more than just skin pigment.

Which brings up another theory that i came up with in highschool.
Black Man came from the ape, White Man was an experiment conducted by aliens from another planet. I don't believe this really, but it would explain a lot if it were true.

The oldest known human remains were found in Africa...

Just think about the bottom of the ocean, there are things living there that have never been seen yet, so to buy into some scientists theory without him having ALL the facts of whats on this earth is a belief based in ignorance.
The bible is founded on world history, you can document the stories in the book and know that they did in fact happen.
But for some reason it is the spiritual part where we have to answer to that God that turns people off.
I believe we call that a lack of faith, and it will hurt you if i am right.
If i am wrong, it makes no difference to me, I am who i am, and i am as God made me, and i have Faith in his existance. No, I have proof of his existance because of the fact that i'm still alive today.

I count my blessings, and i struggle with my faith because i was led astray by false prophets that have done so much damage to my understanding of the word, I lost track along the way, and the bible didn't help much.
My problem now is that i have more questions than answers, but researching those questions has answered some of them.

But to date, I have yet to see any theory that discounts the existance of God as our creator and a guiding force in our lives. we just have to choose to surrender to him if we want his blessings and salvation.

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 06:56 PM
The bacteria recover, why do we still have infections then?

The do not "recover", they develop resistance, which leaves them less viable, NOT stronger as you think...

I already explained it...

How do you explain virulent "supergerms?"

It's the same thing, except in the case of Molecular engineering, where the supergerms are created in the lab...

BTW, some scientists have suggested that the HIV virus may have been created in such a manner...

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Voice of reason quote:

Besides, if evolution brought us from the ape then why are there still apes that look like apes, or why aren't there any half man half apes walking around in mid evolution?

Thank you Cat!

Just where are all of these mid-evolution species ??

They should be everywhere...

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Like I said, those who discredit evolution have not studied up on it enough mostly. I can see large parts of your argument that is not part of the evolutionary theory, and large parts that are explained further, which if you understood, would know how it was possible.

Example-

"We have more in common with the Dolphin than we do apes as a matter of fact, and since we are mostly water, then our origins are of a more aquatic nature.
And that doesn't discount God, we were simply constructed of the materials available on earth."

Um, Most organisms on Earth are mostly water. Saying that we are more closely relatd to the Dolphin because we are mostly water = making stuff up and taking it as truth because it sounds right

"The fact that we even live on this planet is a miracle because if there were to be the slightest change in tilt and axis of earth it would change the climate on the globe so drastically that large portions of the population would be wiped out, most likely become frozen people-pops. That is of course if it didn't wipe out all human life all together."

The world is not 60,000 years old. You have to understand that the human race was only here for like a BLINK in the earth's time, and during the Earth's life, MANY of those so called changes HAVE taken place. Haven't you even heard of ice ages and such before? There is even a theory that life on the planet has had to restart 2 or 3 times, because of global wipeouts.

"I don't believe that we evolved from apes either.
The genetic makeup of an ape is substantially different than that of man.
We have more water content in our bodies than the ape, and if evolution were true then tell me what has evolved in the last 6000 years, we are people just like those who walked the earth so long ago with no changes in our basic structure. so what happened, did evoloution stop? No it didn't."

The world is NOT 60,000 years old. Again, you do not seem to understand the theory of evolution at all. You have no idea of the scope of time it takes to evolve new species.

"Besides, if evolution brought us from the ape then why are there still apes that look like apes, or why aren't there any half man half apes walking around in mid evolution?
Because we did not evolve from an ape, yes we are similar, but that could be due solely to the fact that we are all products made from the earth, so we are relative in that sense, just not related directly."

Again, you do not seem to understand anything at all about evolution, It's not like they ALL evolve the exact same way.

Example, 3 guys graduate from the same highschool, one goes to college, another starts working, and one becomes homeless. By your way of thinking, they would all go to college.

I would have thought this was more of a common sense kinda thing.

"But to date, I have yet to see any theory that discounts the existance of God as our creator and a guiding force in our lives. we just have to choose to surrender to him if we want his blessings and salvation."

That is your choice as a member of the Christian religion, but sorry, the children also have a choice not to let religion get in the way of their learning. There is more then one religion, and OBVIOUSLY more then one way of interpreting Christianity, therefore to make EVERYONE in a certain district learn from a particular sect of Christianity is nothing but bullshit.

"Just think about the bottom of the ocean, there are things living there that have never been seen yet, so to buy into some scientists theory without him having ALL the facts of whats on this earth is a belief based in ignorance.
The bible is founded on world history, you can document the stories in the book and know that they did in fact happen.
But for some reason it is the spiritual part where we have to answer to that God that turns people off.
I believe we call that a lack of faith, and it will hurt you if i am right.
If i am wrong, it makes no difference to me, I am who i am, and i am as God made me, and i have Faith in his existance. No, I have proof of his existance because of the fact that i'm still alive today."

The bible was written by many different people and has gone through many revisions. Also, a scientist can know all the facts of whats on this Earth, and still come up with wrong theories. However, it is obvious that evolution is happening.It is not necessary to find out every single freakin organism on the planet, just to see that evolution is happening. Yes, there may be some cases where aliens and such have genetically altered us, but that does not change the fact that Evolution has happened. In fact, we are genetically altering organisms TODAY, but does that change the fact that evolution has happened? NO!

It seems that the fact that you can discredit a scientific theory, without any real knowledge of it, is more of an act of ignorance.

"It the same difference that seperates the white man from the black man. though very similar, there are profound differences in our genetic makeup, and it's more than just skin pigment."

God, i'm sick of people who are only capable of black and white thinking. Apparently, you think that way to the point, that even the human race is seperated into black and white groups to you.

What about all the people who are in the middle ground? Or the kids with a black mom and a white dad? Hell, even Jesus was probably a middle eastern man. It's really doubtful that he was white. You really think that genetic changes as the migrate are not possible?

I mean COME ON! There are MANY more skin colors then white and black. Theres a freaking shitload of brown people.

Cathedral
01-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Thank you Cat!

Yes, they should.
And from where i sit nothing has evolved in the last 2000 years, except maybe crystals in the earth, lol.

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Voice of reason quote:

Thank you Cat!

For lots of reasons, one being that you may be sitting next to one right now without knowing it.

But also because as the species advanced, the old outdated models disappeared, while the new ones prospered. Not to mention we HAVE found remains of lots of mid lvl evolution humans you nitwit.

Example, Say there is some sort of primitive monkey. Then a mutation appears in one tribe, let's say the new monkey can now stand up, which means he can see farther, and pick berries easier.

He will prosper, and carry on his genes. Of course, the other monkeys would wanna mate with his children as a first choice, because then their children have a better chance of survival. Then it keeps going on from there as new mutations appear.

Now let's say, at roughly the same time, in another primitive monkey tribe of the same species, a totally different mutation appears, where a monkey is born that can grasp things with his feet.

There you have your answer.

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Idiot quote:

Example, 3 guys graduate from the same highschool, one goes to college, another starts working, and one becomes homeless. By your way of thinking, they would all go to college.

All men are created equal, no matter how stupid they are...

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 07:28 PM
For lots of reasons, one being that you may be sitting next to one right now without knowing it.

But also because as the species advanced, the old outdated models disappeared, while the new ones prospered. Not to mention we HAVE found remains of lots of mid lvl evolution humans you nitwit.

Example, Say there is some sort of primitive monkey. Then a mutation appears in one tribe, let's say the new monkey can now stand up, which means he can see farther, and pick berries easier.

He will prosper, and carry on his genes. Of course, the other monkeys would wanna mate with his children as a first choice, because then their children have a better chance of survival. Then it keeps going on from there as new mutations appear.

Now let's say, at roughly the same time, in another primitive monkey tribe of the same species, a totally different mutation appears, where a monkey is born that can grasp things with his feet.

There you have your answer.

Hahahaha!

No way can you be serious!

:D

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Of course, the other monkeys would wanna mate with his children as a first choice, because then their children have a better chance of survival.

For you to imply that a monkey is intelligent enough to make this choice is utterly amazing!

I might put that quote in my sig...

Dude, you need help!

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 07:32 PM
I rest my case, The man is an idiot.

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Have you ever taken an IQ test ??

Knucklebones
01-25-2005, 08:51 PM
No, but have YOU?

Are you talking about those internet IQ tests? Do you even know what a real IQ test is?

ODShowtime
01-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
We have more in common with the Dolphin than we do apes as a matter of fact, and since we are mostly water, then our origins are of a more aquatic nature.

Where the hell did you read that?

Most likely because early humans killed all of them. Also, I think they just found bones of some little pigmy apes somewhere in the Pacific.

This thread is nuts. There's some serious nonsense floating around in here

Big Train
01-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Elvis,

Take it easy on our new resident Monkey Knucklehead. Don't want him to hurt himself..

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 10:15 PM
God is not anti-science, or anti-education...

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

(2 Timothy 2:15)

No!...But, PEOPLE THAT WANT TO KEEP YOU STUPID AND EASILY MANIPULATED ARE!

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 10:21 PM

Because we advanced precipitously and dominated any other competing species (some scientists theorize that the first holocaust was the homo sapiens [basically us] wiping out the neanderthals).

Maybe you can explain why humans and gorillas share as much as 97% the same DNA?!

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 10:23 PM
No...

Beliefs not supported by empirical evidence, yet applied as literal or factual to the living world.

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Maybe you should marry a gorilla...:D

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Maybe you should marry a gorilla...:D

Does your sister drag her knuckles too?;)

Cathedral
01-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Man did this thread take a dive, lol.

Let's all be adults and avoid falling into a personal attack mode.

And i wasn't trying to say that we are like dolphins because of our water content.
I was referring to the intellect, thought process, feelings, etc.

As for the DNA, I disagree with the 97% factor with apes. that number is stretching it a bit.
But as Knucklehead pointed out along with me, every living thing on this earth is relative in one way or another since we all come from the same dust.

But this arguent has gone on longer than i have been alive and still there is no conclusive evidence that proves scientists right, or discounts the existance of God.

So this conversation can go on and on and we'll never get anywhere but a flame war.

I'm just glad i have a set of thumbs, lol.

ELVIS
01-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Maybe if you live long enough, you will eventually have two sets of thumbs...

Nickdfresh
01-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Man did this thread take a dive, lol.

Let's all be adults and avoid falling into a personal attack mode.

And i wasn't trying to say that we are like dolphins because of our water content.
I was referring to the intellect, thought process, feelings, etc.

Perhaps. But apes have show sophisticated emotions and the ability to communicate on a limited, but conscious, level.

As for the DNA, I disagree with the 97% factor with apes. that number is stretching it a bit.
But as Knucklehead pointed out along with me, every living thing on this earth is relative in one way or another since we all come from the same dust.

Maybe a stretch, but not by much, I am sure we are related to chimpanzees by actually over 90% genetically speaking.

But this arguent has gone on longer than i have been alive and still there is no conclusive evidence that proves scientists right, or discounts the existance of God.

Science isn't about disproving the existence of a God, merely providing a rational explanation for the universe. Though many scientists are atheists, many are also spiritual if not religious. Scientists have proven much! How can you say they haven't?

So this conversation can go on and on and we'll never get anywhere but a flame war.

I'm just glad i have a set of thumbs, lol.

I see a joke there, but I'll refrain.;)

Knucklebones
01-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Actually, humans share more then 98.5 %, about 99.4 % in fact, DNA with chimpanzees

Believe it or not, Chimpanzees are closer to us then Gorillas. In fact, in a recent study, it was found out that (genetically speaking) we belong to the same genus, Homo, as them. Currently however, they belong to the genus Pan.

[b]“ As for the DNA, I disagree with the 97% factor with apes. that number is stretching it a bit.
But as Knucklehead pointed out along with me, every living thing on this earth is relative in one way or another since we all come from the same dust. ”

Maybe a stretch, but not by much, I am sure we are related to chimpanzees by actually over 90% genetically speaking.[b/]

Actually, we share a bit more then 97% DNA with the gorillas. Humans and Gorillas have only a bit more then 2% DNA difference.

In fact, Our DNA only differs from most monkeys within 8%

THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE CAME FROM CHIMPANZEES.

Rather, we shared a common ancestor. As I explained in a previous post.

Knucklebones
01-26-2005, 12:35 AM

But this arguent has gone on longer than i have been alive and still there is no conclusive evidence that proves scientists right, or discounts the existance of God. ”

By all means, you might wanna consider to stop using a PC, Light Bulbs, TVs, etc etc etc for they would not have been possible without science.

The difference between science and religion, is that scientific theories can be disproved, and fixed.

You can't learn and change things with religion, unless some important religious figure decides to change things because of how he feels.

Therefore, by learning new things and disproving old ideas, science has advanced to a considerable level. It has basically come to the point that to say that evolution never happened, is just as bad as saying that lightbulbs are not powered by electricity, and that humans don't need oxygen to breathe. I mean, we have seen it in action, have material evidence, done DNA testing etc etc etc.

It's just not the same as say, the big bang theory, which is widely accepted, but has a very big possibility of it being false. In fact, I personally have a suspicion that there will be a change in the theory in 10-20 years.

Cathedral
01-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Yep, and that ancestors name is God, lol.

I bet you knew that was coming, if not i'm sorry for the shock. :)

Knucklebones
01-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Yes, Cathedral, that may be very possible, but to say so would mean that Primordial Ooze filled with Amino Acids is God lol.

That would STILL not disprove the theory of evolution at all though now would it?

Knucklebones
01-26-2005, 12:39 AM
Perhaps a more rational explanation would be that a supreme being manufactured the universe in a way that would set off like a giant chain reaction, so all those proteins and such would form?

ELVIS
01-26-2005, 12:40 AM
The theory cannot be proven...

ELVIS
01-26-2005, 12:42 AM
Perhaps a more rational explanation would be that a supreme being manufactured the universe in a way that would set off like a giant chain reaction, so all those proteins and such would form?

Yes, but that still does not support a species evolving...

BTW, this is the first post you made today that actually made sense...

Congradulations....

Cathedral
01-26-2005, 12:44 AM

But this arguent has gone on longer than i have been alive and still there is no conclusive evidence that proves scientists right, or discounts the existance of God. ”

By all means, you might wanna consider to stop using a PC, Light Bulbs, TVs, etc etc etc for they would not have been possible without science.

The difference between science and religion, is that scientific theories can be disproved, and fixed.

You can't learn and change things with religion, unless some important religious figure decides to change things because of how he feels.

Therefore, by learning new things and disproving old ideas, science has advanced to a considerable level. It has basically come to the point that to say that evolution never happened, is just as bad as saying that lightbulbs are not powered by electricity, and that humans don't need oxygen to breathe. I mean, we have seen it in action, have material evidence, done DNA testing etc etc etc.

It's just not the same as say, the big bang theory, which is widely accepted, but has a very big possibility of it being false. In fact, I personally have a suspicion that there will be a change in the theory in 10-20 years.

Don't get me wrong, I never said science was bad. But there are those who's mission is to prove there is no God.
Like Nick said, Scientists come from many walks of life and from different ideologies so there motivations differ from person to person.

This planet provides everything we need to survive and science has in many ways enhanced our lives. I just think there is a point where (and i'm gonna sound like a movie line here) we should understand that just because we can do some things doesn't mean we should.

The snowball earth theory was just recently proven to be a fact, so we learn something new everyday and we have no clue what the future holds for us.
I also agree with the posts about Chimps. but if we were to test everything on earth we would find that everything is relative, yadda yadda yadda, back to the ancestor thing, lol.

Cathedral
01-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Yes, Cathedral, that may be very possible, but to say so would mean that Primordial Ooze filled with Amino Acids is God lol.

That would STILL not disprove the theory of evolution at all though now would it?

You are right, but i'm not trying to disprove evolution. I merely question the definition of it.

Knucklebones
01-26-2005, 01:09 AM
I think you would find that if you actually research evolution in scientist's definition, you will find that you will agree with it.

Most people who disagree with evolution think that evolution is what some desperate religious zealots have been touting as "evolution".

As I can see, for so far, I have yet to see someone who discredits evolution, know what it really is. (As how in you guys thought that new species are formed in 60,000 years etc)

ELVIS
01-26-2005, 01:12 AM
You have yet to show me a "new species"...

Knucklebones
01-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Yes, but that still does not support a species evolving...

BTW, this is the first post you made today that actually made sense...

Congradulations....

CongraTulations on being a fucktard.

Obviously to you, things only make sense if the word GOD is inserted in the same sentence.

Elvis' Brain -

2 + 2 = 4 DOES NOT COMPUTE! WTF! THIS NO MAKE SENSE!

Elvis' Brain - 2+2+God=246514 Ahhh yes, this makes perfect sense.

Knucklebones
01-26-2005, 01:16 AM
You have yet to show me a "new species"...

Apparently, we have a new scientific breakthrough here!

This can only mean 3 things!

1. Organisms are able to de-evolve, forming new species, which Elvis is a member of.

2. A donkey has been born so severely mutated, that he can actually use a PC! However, he is incapable of rational thought and basically, there is no point in him using a PC.

3. Elvis is a dumbass.

I'll take number 3, as it seems to be the most realistic theory.

ELVIS
01-26-2005, 01:22 AM
Man, you're stupid...

Nickdfresh
01-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Don't get me wrong, I never said science was bad. But there are those who's mission is to prove there is no God.
Like Nick said, Scientists come from many walks of life and from different ideologies so there motivations differ from person to person.

This planet provides everything we need to survive and science has in many ways enhanced our lives. I just think there is a point where (and i'm gonna sound like a movie line here) we should understand that just because we can do some things doesn't mean we should.

The snowball earth theory was just recently proven to be a fact, so we learn something new everyday and we have no clue what the future holds for us.
I also agree with the posts about Chimps. but if we were to test everything on earth we would find that everything is relative, yadda yadda yadda, back to the ancestor thing, lol.

And don't get me wrong, I am skeptical of science devoid of philososphy and religious ethics as well:
http://www.geh.org/taschen/l199209020012.jpg

http://www.bullnet.co.uk/shops/test/images/book.jpg

http://www.edinburghfilmguild.com/stills/metropolis.jpg

Seshmeister
01-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Voice of reason quote:

Thank you Cat!

http://www.sleestak.net/humor/bushchimp/chimp03.jpg

http://www.sleestak.net/humor/bushchimp/chimp06.jpg

http://www.sleestak.net/humor/bushchimp/chimp22.jpg

http://www.sleestak.net/humor/bushchimp/chimp11.jpg

Knucklebones
01-26-2005, 08:08 AM
And don't get me wrong, I am skeptical of science devoid of philososphy and religious ethics as well:
http://www.geh.org/taschen/l199209020012.jpg

http://www.bullnet.co.uk/shops/test/images/book.jpg

http://www.edinburghfilmguild.com/stills/metropolis.jpg

and don't forget science that is totally useless:D

Segway *cough* *cough*

Just fucking get off your ass and walk *cough cough*

Nickdfresh
01-26-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
http://www.sleestak.net/humor/bushchimp/chimp03.jpg

http://www.sleestak.net/humor/bushchimp/chimp06.jpg

http://www.sleestak.net/humor/bushchimp/chimp22.jpg

http://www.sleestak.net/humor/bushchimp/chimp11.jpg
:D Exactly!

ODShowtime
01-26-2005, 08:53 AM

Now that is a rationale, logical idea. I believe that, and that IF there is a God, the most he ever did was make the rules of physics and create the giant mass that started the big bang.

Seshmeister
01-26-2005, 09:07 AM
To summarise the creationist argument in this thread -

The main proof that there is a god is that most people don't understand how their TV works so TV's prove there is a god.

Seshmeister
01-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Voice of reason quote:

Thank you Cat!

Just a couple of closing points on this.

The reason there are still a lack of missing link fossils is that to get a fossil you need to get very lucky were a neandethal falls into a tar pit and then you have to find it.

It's all a pretty silly argument when you are arguing for a Garden of Eden explanation.

Incidently where's the fucking mid species bewteen talking snakes and non talking snakes...? :)

Cheers!

:gulp:

ELVIS
01-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh, C'mon Sesh...

I love and respect you as a true friend...

Biblical teachings are not hard to understand, nor are they reaching at superstition...

The Bible is filled with absolute truth...

Letting God govern your life is the path to true happiness...

God is real, and the Bible is God's word...

BigBadBrian
01-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
To summarise the creationist argument in this thread -

The main proof that there is a god is that most people don't understand how their TV works so TV's prove there is a god.

Holy Shit! The Scotsman's been drinking...again! :D

Seshmeister
01-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Oh, C'mon Sesh...

I love and respect you as a true friend...

Biblical teachings are not hard to understand, nor are they reaching at superstition...

The Bible is filled with absolute truth...

Letting God govern your life is the path to true happiness...

God is real, and the Bible is God's word...

There are plenty of Christians that accept the fact of evolution.

You say you disagreed with the lunatic that said the world was only 6000 years old. Same thing.

Do you believe that Genesis is literal?

Cheers!

:gulp:

ELVIS
01-31-2005, 12:22 AM
Hmmm...