X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Up! Bush Is Serious

Wake Up! Bush Is Serious

by Paul Craig Roberts

Readers in numbers beyond my ability to reply individually have challenged me whether President Bush's inaugural speech is a statement of his intentions or merely a celebration of himself and American democracy. Surely Bush doesn't believe America has the power to remake the world in its own image other than by being an example for others to follow?

The answer is that it doesn't matter whether Bush believes, or even understands, what he said. The neoconservatives believe it, and they control the Bush administration.

On the heels of Bush's speech, neocon Robert Kagan used his column in the Washington Post to set Bush's inaugural speech in stone as U.S. foreign policy. Kagan wrote: "The goal of American foreign policy is now to spread democracy, for its own sake, for reasons that transcend specific threats. In short, Bush has unmoored his foreign policy from the war on terrorism."

This is precisely the goal of the neocons. It is why the neocons orchestrated "intelligence" and propaganda in order to bring about the invasion of Iraq, a country whose secular ruler suppressed terrorism. The neocons' writings clearly state their goal and long predate the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. Their agenda is independent of "the war on terror." Many of those who signed the neocon strategy documents hold presidential appointments in the Bush administration and are the administration's most powerful members.

If Bush were in control or had a brain, he would have shut Cheney up and fired all the neocons who produced the Iraqi disaster. Instead, despite the Iraqi mess, the Bush administration is publicly threatening to attack Iran, a country that has committed no terrorist or aggressive act toward the U.S. The Pentagon has been ordered to prepare plans. Apparently, the U.S. has already inserted special forces into Iran to gather intelligence.

The neoconservatives are Jacobins. The neocons are the greatest threat America has ever faced, and they have the reins of power. Americans need to wake up to this fact and stop indulging their macho "kick their Muslim butts" fantasies and their "end times" Rapture fantasies.

The Bush administration is not establishing any democracies. It is starting a war that will last a generation. That is the neocon plan. They have put their intentions in writing just as Hitler did. It is no protection that their plan is detached from reality. Robespierre was detached from reality, and that did not stop him. So were Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot. People with power in their hands who are detached from reality are the most dangerous people of all. The delusional quality of their rantings disarms people from taking them seriously: "Oh, they couldn't mean that." But they do.

link
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Scary times ahead because of the ignorance of 52% of the US electorate.

Comment

Scary times ahead because of the ignorance of <I>48%</I> of the US electorate.
      "The security around the hotel was ridiculous. This chick was pounding and screaming at my door until four or five in the morning....finally I said fuck it, and let her out of the room"

Comment

Oof!

Comment

Originally posted by McCarrens
          Dude, Sesh got the better of you on that round.
          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

He got the better of me by saying, and I quote, "Oof!"?
            "The security around the hotel was ridiculous. This chick was pounding and screaming at my door until four or five in the morning....finally I said fuck it, and let her out of the room"

Comment

He got the better of me by saying, and I quote, "Oof!"?
              Why don't you become a war correspondent "guided ninja." Then you can enlighten we 48%.

Comment

BBB, I'd sincerely like to know what you think about this article. I agree 100% myself.

You and Pontius seem to be on a tear today.

I mean, is the situation laid out above better than that we would get from John Kerry?
                gnaw on it

Comment

So you are saying that you now support the PNAC agenda, even though Kagan, a PNAC'er himself, has just told you that it has NOTHING to do with terrorism?

Don't tell me you buy this "freedom" and "liberty" crap spewed by half assed monkey boy??

You don't bring freedom through invasions based on lies. That's fascism. Which is the BCE's goal now, as it was when they enabled Hitler in the 30's.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Ford, why do hate democracy?

Ford, why does almost everyhting out of your mouth have to dowith facism?

Ford, when are you going to get a job so you can get out of the house and stop making up stupid theory?

Ford, when are you going to get a job so you can buy some of that medication you so deperately need?

Comment

Ford, when are you going to get a job so you can get out of the house and stop making up stupid theory?

Ford, when are you going to get a job so you can buy some of that medication you so deperately need?
                      Award winning journalist MY ASS

You have the comprehension and writing abilities of an 8th grade C student. at best.

Leave the "get a job" call outs for your petty rants elsewhere.

dolt.
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Re: Wake Up! Bush Is Serious

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

The answer is that it doesn't matter whether Bush believes, or even understands, what he said. The neoconservatives believe it, and they control the Bush administration.

Fatally accurate
                        Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Why do you write like a third-grade shithead? I guess you don't need to be a good writer for radio news.

Comment

come on. I want to know what the cons think about this.
                            gnaw on it

Comment

nah...bush isn't serious.

he likes liberty and freedom and democracy. no doubt.

but if you ask me (and nobody did!), the inauguration speech was more about defending his iraq invasion for future historical scrutiny.

there is no way that bush would have the U.S. invade iran over iran's lack of freedom. no chance. ditto china, north korea, saudi arabia, bahrain, nigeria, etc. etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X