PDA

View Full Version : Survival of the Fittest

ODShowtime
01-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Lately I've been thinking about evolution and survival of the fittest, mostly brought on by that thread about evolution vs. the bible.

I always like to equate states to people. They have conflicting interests that are hammered out by the people and then decisions on policy are made. Like when a person wants a soda but knows he shouldn't consume so much sugar, so he gets a diet soda. The competing interests of sugar cravings versus health must compromise with each other, much like different gov't factions do.

Then I realized that the better gov't a country has, the "smarter" that country is. It really takes a good gov't for a country to thrive and survive. So the best gov'ts are the ones that survive and continue.

Sure Hitler's Germany did much to motivate her people to "greatness" in such fields as scientific advancement and logistics. But the gov't (hitler) was ultimately crazy, made bad decisions, and "died."

So really, the way a country chooses its gov't is how nature will judge it. Might makes right works pretty well in a lot of situations, as long as the strongman doesn't go insane, which happens quite often.

This leads me to the U.S. We have been a great nation for over 200 years. We had a great way of choosing gov't using elections. But that process has been eroded and compromised for the almighty dollar. If you don't agree with that, shut the fuck up, you're ignorant.

What does that tell me? We're sick. We're a weak nation. We cannot choose the best leadership. We are unable to make the correct decisions for our survival. The U.S. is ready to be taken over in the survival of the fittest. Unless we get lucky, we're toast.

IT'S EVOLUTION BABY

Knucklebones
01-26-2005, 04:22 PM
We had a big chance to gain international favor, at a time when the world hates us, but Bush blew it by only sending $350 million to the Tsunami Aid, while asking for another 80 BILLION for Iraq.

That what would have happened if we sent even 1 billion to the aid. Would have been great for diplomatic relations with Asia.

ODShowtime
01-26-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm just saying, we're like a weak animal right now. We are NOT fit to succeed in the world the way we are now.