PDA

View Full Version : What Was 'The Pleasure Dome' Like?

Nickdfresh
01-28-2005, 04:58 PM
I've heard old-time VH posters talk about the Van Halen Official web site blog called "THE PLEASURE DOME." I've heard it implied that it fell apart because to the "CLASSIC" Roth era fans began to overwhelm the lovers of SPAM, and the Sisters pulled the plug and fired their web master..

Is this true?

Any memories to share like the "The Roth Army 2000" thread?

DLR7884
01-28-2005, 05:07 PM
I got banned from that place and the VHML multiple times.

DLR7884
Brad Starks didn't like me too much.

ThrillsNSpills
01-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Well , we were revising the Sam lyrics a bit.
Warf made a thread called "would you rather set your balls on fire or listen to OU812 ?
Ford was posting the sheep pics when appropriate.
Hitch was breaking some ground as I recall.

Then there were the mods. lol
karma, banning, reinstating, banning, etc.

What a zoo.

Nickdfresh
01-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
Warf made a thread called "would you rather set your balls on fire or listen to OU812 ?

What a zoo.

That's possibly the funniest thread I've ever heard!:D How many said they'd rather scorch their balls--lol. I'm sure Alice & Ed really appreciated that one.

ThrillsNSpills
01-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Pleasure Dome (http://web.archive.org/web/20010605130206/www.van-halen.com/cgi-bin/bradman/mb/Ultimate.cgi)

distortion9
01-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Pleasure Dome (http://web.archive.org/web/20010605130206/www.van-halen.com/cgi-bin/bradman/mb/Ultimate.cgi)

Holy shit.....that just freaked me out!

diamondD
01-28-2005, 06:17 PM
The last straw was when people started posting inside info on Ed and Val's marriage before it got out. It got yanked quick and never came back.

DeadOrAlive
01-28-2005, 06:20 PM
WOW.... it's still up!?!?

Chris
01-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Bashing members of the band will not be tolerated...

Closing....

That's what it was like. :D

Nickdfresh
01-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
WOW.... it's still up!?!?

Nope. Archived and on the shelf. (Looks like June 2001 and "This dream is over":D )

But man! WTF was this shit:Spam Message Board (http://web.archive.org/web/20010630062217/pub29.ezboard.com/bsammyhagarnewsdeskboard)

Dave's PA Rental
01-28-2005, 07:18 PM
I picked a fight with Panamark that started at the PD and spilled over to here...I dont even remember what it was about...

Eh, I was young and trying to make a name for myself...

I bet Panamark doesnt even remember that...

rustoffa
01-28-2005, 07:40 PM
I was busy cloning the piss out of **** and ********** on IRC back then.

It was kinda sketchy and fulla hate....I shoulda been over there.

The asterisks have been changed to protect the hate filled.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah, you pretty much knew right from the start that is was going to be a very lame board....

You could tell the very first night....

A couple of people would be flaming in a thread, and then a mod or Starks would tell them "personal attacks will not be tolerated".....

You were issued "karma points" if you broke the rules, and eventually banned....

And, inevitably, when the rhetoric turned toward giving VH constructive criticism, it was shut down....

In my opinion, for good.... They know if they reopen it, it'll just turn into another Dave/Sam flame board....

house0paincakes
01-28-2005, 08:09 PM
The "Pleasure Dome" was a Gay bar on Sunset that Sam, Ed & alex used to frequent.

Dave's PA Rental
01-28-2005, 08:25 PM
If they re-open, I bet its a pay service, just like U2's new website

Someone who has to pay 10$ a year is not gonna do ANYTHING to get their shit banned...

Dave's PA Rental
01-28-2005, 08:26 PM
And there are lots of HAGAR fans who would pay, too!

FORD
01-29-2005, 02:13 AM
God damn, it's amazing how much effort $tarks has put in to stripping any reference to me, or my associate in the red suit from fucking ARCHIVES that few people even read, 4 years later.

Seriously, click on anything that says FORD or "The Devil" on it, and you'll get a dead file. Yet most of the other threads still work.

Including this FORD bashing rabid sheepfest (http://web.archive.org/web/20010610142854/www.van-halen.com/newsite/ubb/Forum6/HTML/007984.html) :D

Good to know you still think of me, Brad ;)

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by FORD
God damn, it's amazing how much effort $tarks has put in to stripping any reference to me, or my associate in the red suit from fucking ARCHIVES that few people even read, 4 years later.

Don't be so paranoid!

Maybe your stuff just sucked!

Just kidding, dude...

I remember reading some of your material my first days on the internet...

Nice work...;)

FORD
01-29-2005, 02:31 AM
I just wished the archives of THIS site were as available. That rant that was linked to that pasture dump thread was some of my best work, from what I remember :(

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:34 AM
Hmmm...

Sorry...:(

Fabulous Shadow
01-29-2005, 02:35 AM
Ahhh, those were the days...

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Ahhh, those were the days...

This is an example of how good can turn bad!

Go away, FUG !!

Fabulous Shadow
01-29-2005, 02:43 AM
Ok Elvis... because you asked do nicely... :rolleyes:

ELVIS
01-29-2005, 02:52 AM
Why do you take this internet crap so seriously ??

Gosh

FORD
01-29-2005, 03:33 AM
Finally found a thread (http://web.archive.org/web/20010608200654/www.van-halen.com/newsite/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000981.html) that $tarks didn't delete. And the dumbass even posted in this one himself.

This is one of my rants against the Dump - delivered second hand by AlMo. And Our Lord and Savior even appears a little later in this one :)

Mishar_McLeud
01-29-2005, 04:27 AM
Lol, that was f'ing great!! Never got a chance to glance at PD. FORD you're the man :D http://www.freepgs.com/mishar/misc/thumb.gif

Oh, btw, don't you think you were banned because you've insulted VH's producer in your username :)

Panamark
01-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
I picked a fight with Panamark that started at the PD and spilled over to here...I dont even remember what it was about...

Eh, I was young and trying to make a name for myself...

I bet Panamark doesnt even remember that...

LOL !

Mate, you are right, I dont remember it. But dont feel offended,
I cant even remember what I was posting back then :p
As you can tell, I have held no long term grudge or anything.
What were we arguing about ? I was always severely Pro-Dave. :)

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Finally found a thread (http://web.archive.org/web/20010608200654/www.van-halen.com/newsite/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000981.html) that $tarks didn't delete. And the dumbass even posted in this one himself.

This is one of my rants against the Dump - delivered second hand by AlMo. And Our Lord and Savior even appears a little later in this one :)

I'm actually curious as to why you used Alex Mogilny as your alias pseudonym? :D

http://sportsposterwarehouse.com/warehouse/mogilny92-1.jpg

Jérôme Frenchise
01-29-2005, 07:57 AM
Spam's faggots vs Dave's killers... No match. Has any sheep ever overcome a lion?? Great to learn about that crusty piece of Van Halenian war history. Real fun!:cool:

Igosplut
01-29-2005, 08:55 AM
I just wished the archives of THIS site were as available. That rant that was linked to that pasture dump thread was some of my best work, from what I remember :(

Ford try HERE (http://www.archive.org/web/web.php). I found some of the first versions of the Army here some time back, But I couldn't remember what the url of the old server was so I could link you.....

Nickdfresh
01-29-2005, 08:56 AM

What a zoo.

I think I might have gotten banned! But I'm not sure.

Panamark
01-29-2005, 09:13 AM
good one IGO !

I managed to find the old site. I will post it in WARF's flashback thread.

flappo
01-29-2005, 09:53 AM
i never posted there

then again , if it's anything like the links

why bother

azcrdnal
01-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
[B]I've heard old-time VH posters talk about the Van Halen Official web site blog called "THE PLEASURE DOME." I've heard it implied that it fell apart because to the "CLASSIC" Roth era fans began to overwhelm the lovers of SPAM, and the Sisters pulled the plug and fired their web master..

Is this trueit was alot like the links a sam love fest and some tool named fernando.

FORD
01-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I'm actually curious as to why you used Alex Mogilny as your alias pseudonym? :D

http://sportsposterwarehouse.com/warehouse/mogilny92-1.jpg

Nah, AlMo's not one of my aliases. Still posts here once in a while. Not a bad guy, even though he is a Republican - which is proof that he ain't me ;)

FORD
01-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by azcrdnal
it was alot like the links a sam love fest and some tool named fernando.

?

ThrillsNSpills
01-29-2005, 04:52 PM
?...

Starwood
01-30-2005, 02:21 AM
Don't have an answer to either question. Never went there. I was at SLAWTERHOUSE.

freak
01-30-2005, 06:28 AM

If it were not for your politics, I would be in agreement with you 100% of the time. :D

Good stuff.

pete
01-30-2005, 07:38 AM
hehe

guwapo_rocker
01-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Ouch!!!

CROWBAR
01-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by pete
hehe

BWHAAHAAAA!!!

Guitar Shark
02-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by pete
hehe

lmao

MAX
02-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Loooooooooo?

Lou
02-15-2005, 11:57 PM
I didn't even see this thread until today.

That's fuckin' common knowledge. I was 20 at the time. I don't feel like repeating my story over and over as to how I got into VH. You grow out of that shit, and I grew out of it actually right about that time in May of 2001.

All of us like BAD music at some point in time, but you grow out of it.

Cathedral
02-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by azcrdnal
it was alot like the links a sam love fest and some tool named fernando.

?

Cathedral
02-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Damn, I found a shit load of pages from my first days at that site.

Thank God for the Roth Army because i was pretty fucking lame tip toeing around that place pretending to be all sweet and innocent.

And i'm still proud as the dickens cider that i walked from that place before it was shut down.

As a matter of fact, i remember someone giving me shit because my personality was different between this site and that one.
I was like what the fuck? If i posted as myself at the Pasture Dump i'd have been banned in less than an hour, lmmfao.

As lame as that place was, I can't discount the fact that i made many cyber friends there and most i still contact today.

Panamark
02-16-2005, 05:31 AM
As a posting environment, It was very similar to the Links.
(No Offence intended Brenty Brents)
Rules and guidelines, with people enforcing these.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Nah, I don't know if I agree with that mate....

At least at the Links, even though the arguments weigh decidedly pro-Hagar, which eventually resulted in the exodus to the Army for most of us oldtimers, Brett and his compadres don't/didn't attempt to act like some Catholic school nun with a steel ruler to your hand....

Starks and those mods at the Dump attempted to enforce their guidelines by treating it's patrons like children, and that's why it sucked from day one....

ThrillsNSpills
02-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Here's what sucked about the Dome.
The fans that just wanted to know what the hell the band was up to...........interested people who wanted to buy the next album (with Dave) maybe catch a show couldn't go on there and ask a question and get an answer that wasn't just cryptic bullshit. No news is good news read like fuck you for asking. With that kind of enviornment of course there would be bashing, which of course wasn't tolerated. How does being lied to by the band not drive fans away?

Cathedral
02-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Jays Spokesperson was the coolest of the mods, You'd know her here as Sweet Irony.
SoCalChelle dished me out some Karma points for being myself, lol.

It was tough getting on at that site for me, but at the time i was a strict Ed-Head and pretty much worshipped the ground he jammed on.

Then the cryptic shit happened, Brad even promised the mods something for their trouble when the place went belly up...But that never happened, did it?

The only draw that kept traffic at that site was the fact that it was the Official site.
Beyond that, it was a dictatorship, webstyle.

I guess you could say that finding that site was the downfall of my respect and love for Edward.

The man is a total dickhead when it comes to those who allowed him his lavish lifestyle.
Hey Ed, if not for the fans support you'd have been stuck in the pay to play scene of the era...do they still do that out there?

Dave was Edwards ticket to stardome, it must suck for him to know he owes a majority of his success to Dave, lmmfao.

I'll tell you one thing though, I wouldn't hesitate busting Ed in the mouth if he ever talked down to me in person.

Cathedral
02-16-2005, 10:47 AM
The only thing worse than a loser is a rich loser...sup, Eddie!

Brett
02-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
As a posting environment, It was very similar to the Links.
(No Offence intended Brenty Brents)
Rules and guidelines, with people enforcing these.

It had to be similiar, because it supported both sides, plus we were there first, we had built the wheel already for them in some way. But we didn't have shit like karma points, my god that was beyond pathetic. And Brad would delete ANYTHING remotely negative about the band, and come on, we've never done anything like that. I only started having to have so-called "rules" once the fucking PD went away, and people had nowhere else to fucking argue about the stupid Sam/Dave shit and were ruining the fucking site, and wasting my time.

When the PD existed, along with the Army, was the time I loved running my site. I didn't have to deal with all of the official's site's BS and arguments, and useless posts, and stupidity. Once it closed, it all started to shift back to my site. Great to have the traffic again, but content-wise, it was a pain.

Brad used to be the great villian, now it's me I guess. Lou's still a hypocritical pussy though.

street_lethal
02-16-2005, 03:37 PM
It was like this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010405224140/www.van-halen.com/cgi-bin/bradman/mb/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

You can actually still read some of the threads.

Rikk
02-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Nah, I don't know if I agree with that mate....

At least at the Links, even though the arguments weigh decidedly pro-Hagar, which eventually resulted in the exodus to the Army for most of us oldtimers, Brett and his compadres don't/didn't attempt to act like some Catholic school nun with a steel ruler to your hand....

Starks and those mods at the Dump attempted to enforce their guidelines by treating it's patrons like children, and that's why it sucked from day one....

Amen.

CHELLE was the biggest cunt in the world from what I heard... She still is, actually. Stupid nun bitch.

Rikk
02-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Lou's still a hypocritical pussy though.

LOL. Yup. He sure is.