Vintage PAF Pro sounding BASS pickups ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Vintage PAF Pro sounding BASS pickups ...

Looking for just that ... anyone ... anyone ...
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

What do you mean ??

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Just a good solid rock pickup I guess ... no bells or whistles

Think Grunge Rock ... dropped D shit

Comment

• BrownSound1
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Mar 2003

For a bass?

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

What am I new or something? ... time to google I guess ...

Comment

• Cato
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I guess...he is looking for a guitar pickup that sounds strong on the low keys.
            Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Knucklebones
              Head Fluffer
              • Nov 2004

Well, for one thing, you would want to stay away from these following manufacturers.

Seymour Duncan, Bill Lawrence, Dimarzio, and Dearmond. They make cheap overpriced shit.

The best pick-up that would be suited for what you are looking for, can only be found already in a guitar though. Just look around for "Rogue" guitars, and then, buy one. Take off the pickguard, snip off the pickup, then take it to a guitar repair person at your local shop, Pay him about $60 for him to put it in. However! Don't mention that it is a Rogue pick-up. Some stores have been known to switch them with similar looking Seymour Duncans, a much cheaper and shittier alternative. Just say that it's a Seymour DUncan Super Distortion.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

See I don't know shit problem solved ... Good call though Knuckles thanks man ... his bass is 22 years old ... looks like we'll just use that one ... I think it's an Ibanez ...

Comment

• BrownSound1
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Knucklebones
                  Well, for one thing, you would want to stay away from these following manufacturers.

Seymour Duncan, Bill Lawrence, Dimarzio, and Dearmond. They make cheap overpriced shit.

The best pick-up that would be suited for what you are looking for, can only be found already in a guitar though. Just look around for "Rogue" guitars, and then, buy one. Take off the pickguard, snip off the pickup, then take it to a guitar repair person at your local shop, Pay him about $60 for him to put it in. However! Don't mention that it is a Rogue pick-up. Some stores have been known to switch them with similar looking Seymour Duncans, a much cheaper and shittier alternative. Just say that it's a Seymour DUncan Super Distortion.
                  Rogue? you've got to be shitting me. Listen, I've played with just about every replacement brand you can pull out, and there is no way in hell that a cheap Korean made pickup is going to hang with a Duncan or DiMarzio. If anything a switch to a Duncan would be an UPGRADE from that piece of shit Rogue stuff. This is one of the funniest things I've ever heard out of anyone since I've been here. That's like saying you'd be better off playing through a Kustom brand amplifier rather than a classic Marshall.

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

GOT to be putting us on..

Comment

• The Scatologist
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2005

um, don't listen to these two clowns eyes. Seymour Duncan's are shitty. Get a Rogue guitar.
                      The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Found out that it's a Yamaha bass ... what pickups are in yamaha? ...

Comment

• The Scatologist
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2005

Sucky ones. Get Rogue pick-ups
                          The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

What the fuck kind of fucking Chevy MOTOR is the-fuck under the fucking Chevy HOOD-fuck, of the fucking-aye Chevy PICKUP TRUCK you fucking drive your girlfreinds' illegitimate cross-eyed fucking kids to school in the bed thereof? A Chevy???

The answer is of course, Yamaha. Yamaha pickups are made for Yamaha by Yamaha.. installed by the best slanty-eyed Nipponese bastard techs that toxic island had to offer at the time your spankplank was birthed from.

Comment

• BrownSound1
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Scatologist
                              um, don't listen to these two clowns eyes. Seymour Duncan's are shitty. Get a Rogue guitar.
                              Scatologist...so that means you study shit? You're definitely full of it.

Buying a Rogue would be akin to drag racer buying a Yugo. Lay off the crack kid...we all know you don't know what in the hell you're talking about.

Comment

Working...