PDA

View Full Version : DLR / VH reuntitng for mini-tour

LoungeMachine
01-30-2005, 11:37 PM
DAVID LEE ROTH ARMY- - We Shall Return!!
Support Diamond Dave! He is currently on tour and has a new cd out!
[BUY THE NEW DLR CD] [TOUR DATES]

01-15-2005 01:50 PM

JOE THUNDER, LP
Reply | Quote
IP: 24.154.4.127

I have just received word that Dave and Van Halen have been rehearsing for a 6 city tour beginning this spring. A 5 song lp will preceed this "mini tour". The first tour stop will be at the Whiskey A Go Go. The 5 tour stops will be in major metropolitan regions. Just wanted to pass this huge news on. I'm headed to the game. OUT. T.

01-15-2005 01:48 PM

That's right. It's official

Joe Thunder, who also claims to have SAVED and FUNDED this site, and written VH/ DLR songs like Take your Whiskey Home, and chosen the songs used on Diver Down has posted the news on the Army Wall

It MUST be true.

Ignore the fact EVERY OTHER Thudner claim has proven to be bullshit

Joe Thunder, LP, AKA Longdongsilver, AKA ONETIMEJOE, AKA JOE!JOE!JOE!,

Can't wait for confirmation from Ticketmaster and Polstar !!!

ode2keller
01-31-2005, 12:36 AM
Won't believe it until the MAN himself says so!!

Dan
01-31-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
DAVID LEE ROTH ARMY- - We Shall Return!!
Support Diamond Dave! He is currently on tour and has a new cd out!
[BUY THE NEW DLR CD] [TOUR DATES]

01-15-2005 01:50 PM

JOE THUNDER, LP
Reply | Quote
IP: 24.154.4.127

I have just received word that Dave and Van Halen have been rehearsing for a 6 city tour beginning this spring. A 5 song lp will preceed this "mini tour". The first tour stop will be at the Whiskey A Go Go. The 5 tour stops will be in major metropolitan regions. Just wanted to pass this huge news on. I'm headed to the game. OUT. T.

01-15-2005 01:48 PM

That's right. It's official

Joe Thunder, who also claims to have SAVED and FUNDED this site, and written VH/ DLR songs like Take your Whiskey Home, and chosen the songs used on Diver Down has posted the news on the Army Wall

It MUST be true.

Ignore the fact EVERY OTHER Thudner claim has proven to be bullshit

Joe Thunder, LP, AKA Longdongsilver, AKA ONETIMEJOE, AKA JOE!JOE!JOE!,

Can't wait for confirmation from Ticketmaster and Polstar !!!

This guy lives in Neverland,My god I have never heard so much bullshit from Joe,What's next?

Joe Thunder Tour Manager for Van Halen?

flappo
01-31-2005, 07:31 AM
next week , joe thunder finds a cure for aids , splits the atom and saves the universe

LoungeMachine
01-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Happy Birthday MeatFLAPS

Panamark
01-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Any Stock tips while you are at it, JOE ?

Big Troubles
01-31-2005, 09:37 AM
:D I actually had this thought the other day that Ed and Dave could tour without Al and Mike. Just use a drummer and bass player of their choice depending on the city they played. I think Al and Mike are the ones that have the big problem working with Dave, not Ed.

LoungeMachine
01-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Any Stock tips while you are at it, JOE ? :D

:D ;) :D

flappo
01-31-2005, 10:53 AM
mike does what he's told to do

the fucking little gimp

Vanstonica
01-31-2005, 10:54 AM
I've never heard of Mike having an issue wih Dave (other than the fact that he's up Sammy's ass). Did I miss something?

Big Troubles
01-31-2005, 06:01 PM
yes you did. Mike has repeatedly been outspoken about NOT doing a tour, whatsoever, with Roth. Mike hated the chummy dancing Roth used to do with Mike on stage. or so according to Mike in an interview that took place DURING the 2 new songs on the best of cd. When asked about a possible tour with Roth, Mike said "no way". When asked how things were with Roth when making the songs, Mike said "It took several attempts for Roth to get his voice into shape." Mike also stated that roth was very humble to the rest of the band and said he had made several mistakes, including leaving in 85, and told them that he didn't evolve musically like VH did.

And to me, I think that's utter bullshit. Roth, no doubt said that shit, but said it to keep things cool with the bros. and Mike. Being the first to say "sorry I fucked up" doesn't necessarily mean you DID fuck up, it just means you were man enough to get some closure and be on a professional basis with the guys you think you will be working with.

Mike's an asshole and so is Alice. Dave and Ed tour Fall 2005. :D

flappo
01-31-2005, 07:24 PM
must be true , cos phil

i mean steve , ok , chris

he said so

hahah

Big Troubles
01-31-2005, 08:29 PM
you finally figured out who I am... I am impressed. :)

lms2
01-31-2005, 10:19 PM
Which interview are you referring to Big Troubles... I might want to read that. :(

Then I would be in more of a position to comment. However, I just want to say that some comments apply at the moment, but as the moment changes, so does the relevance of the comment. Ask me if I am hungry and if say no, that does not mean that in two or three hours, when I am hungry, that you should quote me and use it as a reason not to let me eat!

I have always felt that Michael is more of a peace keeper than an instigator, and feel that he would not stand in the way of more new music, and a tour. But maybe thats just me.

Big Troubles
02-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by lms2
Which interview are you referring to Big Troubles... I might want to read that. :(

Then I would be in more of a position to comment. However, I just want to say that some comments apply at the moment, but as the moment changes, so does the relevance of the comment. Ask me if I am hungry and if say no, that does not mean that in two or three hours, when I am hungry, that you should quote me and use it as a reason not to let me eat!

I have always felt that Michael is more of a peace keeper than an instigator, and feel that he would not stand in the way of more new music, and a tour. But maybe thats just me.

It was an archived interview at www.van-halen.com, which has been revamped and no longer accessed. Im still digging it up though. Anyone else care to help?

Big Troubles
02-02-2005, 01:40 PM
ah ha!

http://www.vhnd.com/archive/press/ma060896.html

Big Troubles
02-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Mike: I think it's funny too, because we were going to do the first of a Best Of album. We probably will put out some more, too. But he didn't wanna do that. He has told everybody that when a band puts out a Best Of-album, their career is ending. If you look at it, Sammy has put some Best Of-albums himself I don't understand why he doesn't wanna do it with Van Halen. I think he was a little intimidated, being on the same album with songs with Roth. I think he was always a little intimidated by that. People always want us to do a lot of the older material. And he didn't wanna do it.

Michel: That's right. But why do you work with Dave again? That's weird!

Mike: It is. Actually, when all this was going on with Sammy, David called Ed because he just wanted to know what songs we were going to release.

Michel: He didn't know about Sammy...

Mike: Right. He didn't know that we had problems with Sammy. He just called because he wanted to know what songs we were using of the old Van Halen on this Best Of-album. And then when everything happened with Sammy, he wanted to meet the band. Actually Eddie suggested... he said "Wouldn't it be something if we worked up a song or two, new ones with Dave'? That will surprise all the Van Halen fans" We got together. We had a meeting with Dave. It's funny because he was very HUMBLE. He hasn't got a record contract now. He admitted that he has made BIG MISTAKES and that he did the wrong thing. He admitted that he has a very big ego. Hopefully he's better now. But he realized that after leaving Van Halen he couldn't do anything else. That it always got compared to Van Halen. So actually yesterday (August 5) we just finished recording two new songs with him. All I can tell you right now is that people are going to be very surprised by what they hear.

Michel: I'm sure.

Mike: Because the songs turned out great.

Michel: How do you feel about this situation personally? In the press the band always hated David Lee Roth. And now all of a sudden you're working with the guy!

Mike: Yeah, I know. A lot of people were surprised by that. Actually I was the last person in the band to accept the fact that this would happen. EDDIE WAS THE ONE THAT WANTED TO DO IT. He met with Dave two or three times. And that last time, I called over there and I talked to Dave. It was the first time I talked to him in eleven years.

Big Troubles
02-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Never doubt BT! :D

lms2
02-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow... I had never read that before. I find it a little surprising that Michael was still harboring ill feelings towards Dave... but you have to give him credit. At least he admits it... and he does say even though he was against the idea, that he would not be the one standing in the way of it.

I wonder if Michael has changed his mind since then? And, what his hard feelings are about. Is it because Dave left the band?

Big Troubles
02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I think most of this, probably stems back to Dave being a "hot-dog" most of the time. Mike used to say he'd hate it when dave would dance his way over to him, because he felt he was being "showed up". Now that tells me, Mike or anyone one of those guys, if they felt that way, are not really a team player. I mean, it's not a one man band. And Im sure at some time, the rest of the guys felt that Dave was "stealing" the spotlight. But really all he did, was give the fans what they wanted. Nobody really reached out and screamed for Al or Mike, like they did for Dave or to a lesser extent Ed. I think these 3 guys are really insecure about each other. Dave is not. Dave is an over-achiever. Confidence. That's why Sam fits in so well with these guys. They all suffer from self-importance issues and insecurities. :D

I should have went to rock n roll therapy camp.

Jérôme Frenchise
02-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Mike Anthony is just a fat dumber dwarf, is all.

How reliable is the starting post?? This is but what is important here.

John Holmes
02-03-2005, 04:58 PM
http://www.khmerclub.com/Funnypix/diarrea.jpg

DLR_EngineRoom
02-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
:D I actually had this thought the other day that Ed and Dave could tour without Al and Mike. Just use a drummer and bass player of their choice depending on the city they played. I think Al and Mike are the ones that have the big problem working with Dave, not Ed.

I would wholeheartedly consider it a 'good enough' reunion if it was just Dave n' Ed. Unfortunately, I just don't see Ed prying away from his bro for any reason, including a sibling rivalry.

Nickdfresh
02-03-2005, 07:24 PM
"I will be posting my Sexual Predator Poster on 'The Wall' this evening. Thank you, I am not taking questions this time, but if you have a young son I will send him an E-card of me naked."

EDDIEVRULZ
02-03-2005, 11:46 PM
"What it came down to is that he doesn't want to work. We were working on the music for the Twister-movie and he was in Hawaii at that time and he wanted us to do the music and then send him the tape. We said "No, we should all be in the studio together because we're a band". And that's how we always did it, so.... (Then Mike had to take care for his daughter for a few seconds). We finally got him to get back to work on the songs. He only came in for two days. So we had to try to get all the lyrics and vocals done in two days. Which was kind of hard. And he flew home. (Sammy lives on Hawaii - VH5150). Simply: he didn't want to work. He finally admitted to Ed that he was frustrated and he wanted to do his own thing. When he quit the band he was in Hawaii and he came back to work on some new material. I think he was looking for a new recording contract, because when he left our band, Warner Brothers Records dropped him from the label. He was telling everybody that we were talking to David Lee Roth behind his back, which we weren't.... He started to attack the band. He is basically lying. He wants everybody to have sympathy for him. Thinking we kicked him out. And that's not the case at all. "

that just goes to show that these guys change their mind all of the time. look at mike now, he's sticking his waborita up sammy's ass.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
How reliable is the starting post?? This is but what is important here.

Are you fucking kidding me???

Joe Thunder is the biggest fucking LYING fraud in the world.

No it's not real....

NO LAME THUNDER POST/PREDICTION/CLAIM EVER PROVES TO BE TRUE:rolleyes:

The thread title was sarcastic and mocking:cool:

Matt White
02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Joe Thunder? Wasn't he a character on Buck Rodgers?!? WTF??

Actually, tweaky is much more "reliable" than Joe. And, Mel Blanc is dead. Hmmmmmmmmmm..........