PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Mayor wants to build a monument for Bush.

John Ashcroft
01-31-2005, 11:05 AM
PRO-U.S. MAYOR HAS TARGET ON HIS BACK

January 30, 2005 -- BAGHDAD — The man replacing the mayor of Baghdad — who was assassinated for his pro-American loyalties — says he is not worried about his ties to Washington.
In fact, he'd like to erect a monument to honor President Bush in the middle of the city.

"We will build a statue for Bush," said Ali Fadel, the former provincial council chairman. "He is the symbol of freedom."

Fadel's predecessor, Ali al-Haidari, was gunned down Jan. 4 when militants opened fire on his armor-covered BMW as it traveled with a three-car convoy.

Fadel said he received numerous threats on his life as the council chairman, and expects to get many more in his new post.

"My life is cheap," Fadel said. "Everything is cheap for my country."

As Iraq prepared for a volatile election that is being watched across the world, Fadel heaped praise on the United States.

Fadel acknowledged that many in his country appear ungrateful for America's foreign assistance. He said most Iraqis are still in "shock" over the changes, and need time to adjust.

Any public monument to Bush is likely to further incense terrorist forces, who have attacked American troops and their supporters for months.

Fadel said he is undaunted.

"We have a lot of work and we are especially grateful to the soldiers of the U.S.A. for freeing our country of tyranny," Fadel said.

As for his own protection, the new mayor will be traveling in a new $150,000 SUV complete with bulletproof windows and flat-resistant tires.

Link: What, no monument for Uncle Teddy??? (http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/39526.htm)

Phil theStalker
01-31-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
PRO-U.S. MAYOR HAS TARGET ON HIS BACK

Does the mayor want a target right in the capital of Iraq?

Any monument like that would be a target for anti-American/U.S. hate. It would generate hate.

It won't happen.

As for the, haha, "mayor" he could be dead in an hour, a day, a week, month, or year for licking the hand that feeds him.

Sure, sure, sure, don't bite the hand that feeds you, but don't LICK the hand either. And this mayor is licking the hand that feeds him with this.

If I were an Iraqi Muslim anti-American, anti-Western I'm sure I would Scotch tape dynamite to my forehead with a note to visit my mayor.

This mayor must be "drunk with power" from the events yesterday during the heaviest U.S. military clampdown, casualties, tax drain, and division in the U.S. since 1776 leading up to one day.

"The country's too divided." Kerry told Bush. Can a divided country continue the enormous cost to enforce this day? How long will it take, 12 months after the election or years and years like in Vietnam?

This divided country won't give the U.S. policy in Iraq to go on for years and years.

There's going to be serious talk in three months after this election to bring home troops -- no matter what happened yesterday. i.e., small or large voter turnout, the American people are not going to fight an Asia war for Asians and the American people are not going to fight an Arab war for Arabs either.

Not gonna happen.

Sorry GW.

Sorry bloodthirsty people.

The diplomatic people with higher minds and the common sense of the American people will make the Iraqis take this first step to independence a lot sooner than it took in Asia in Vietnam.

This spring, May 1st will be the timeline for beginning to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq.

If the Iraqis who voted can't pick up a gun and fight their own war for a free and independent nation they won't have one.

I'm telling it like it is.

Vietnam's a lesson for the whole American family. If the Iraqi's can't defend themselves the U.S. is leaving, natural resources, halting the spread of terrorism, and all just like Vietnam only sooner. Not in years and 58,000 dead, which can be achieved in a day if an enemy of the U.S. in 2005 uses a nuke against U.S. forces... "in a day of horror" like Cheney says, only overseas.

Right on, brother.

yeh, yeh, yeh

:spank:

John Ashcroft
01-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Phil, why does this piss you off so much?

Ah, typical liberal... "We better not make any terrorists mad at us!"

Yep, that'll stop them for sure. Give 'em all flowers as a sign of good faith.

Phil theStalker
01-31-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Phil, why does this piss you off so much?

Ah, typical liberal... "We better not make any terrorists mad at us!"

Yep, that'll stop them for sure. Give 'em all flowers as a sign of good faith.
I know what I am. You don't know what I am. Typical.

That's not what I said at all. Not even close.

I don't know if you noticed, but George Washington was a terrorist.

ELVIS
01-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
I don't know if you noticed, but George Washington was a terrorist.

Now, that is a typical liberal response...

Phil, go buy some more storable food...:rolleyes:

It's later than you think...

Cathedral
01-31-2005, 02:16 PM
I don't think they need to go building any statues of Bush in Iraq.
Maybe put a plaque with a bronze profile of him in their Capital building or something, but enough with the idol monuments all over the place.

In a word: "subtle"!

FORD
01-31-2005, 03:22 PM
14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Cathedral
01-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Um, Yeah, Okie dokie...Like i said, they don't need to be building no statues of Bush.

I would however like to have an inflatable Laura Bush... :)

FORD
01-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Um, Yeah, Okie dokie...Like i said, they don't need to be building no statues of Bush.

I would however like to have an inflatable Laura Bush... :)

EWWWWWWWWW!

An inflatable Jenna, I could understand, but Pickles??? She's almost as hideous as old Babs herself.

Phil theStalker
01-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Pickles?! HAHAHA!!

I never heard that !

What does she call him? Sweet relish?

And their daughters are baby dills.

Stop me...

BigBadBrian
01-31-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker

Stop me...

Yeah....with a double-barrel shotgun blast to the head.

It's later than you think. On Peliliu.

:gun:

LoungeMachine
02-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I don't think they need to go building any statues of Bush in Iraq.
Maybe put a plaque with a bronze profile of him in their Capital building or something, but enough with the idol monuments all over the place.

In a word: "subtle"!

Gee,

Isnt the 1.5 BILLION being spent on the world's lagest, most expensive embassy in Baghdad pretty much a SHRINE to Bush????

"sublte" is just another in a long list of words NOT in his vocabulary

John Ashcroft
02-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by FORD
14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Does this mean Senator KKK Byrd is the anti-Christ??? After all, he's got statues (buildings, highway's, etc.) dedicated to himself scattered all over West Virginia... I knew that bastard was no good!

CVHfan
02-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Maybe then they can take it down the way they took Saddam's statue down.