PDA

View Full Version : How about Eddie playing on a DLR Solo CD??

Wolverine
01-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Ed and Dave working together on a Dave solo cd would be cool. No Alex around to fuck it up!!...not the whole cd just a couple of tunes....I remember Ed saying in 96 that Dave and he could have worked on a solo project, but was ruined when the 96 mtv fiasco took place!! Maybe all has passed and they can give another shot!!

DavidLeeNatra
01-31-2005, 01:37 PM
ed always says that he is stuck with his sister...he won't do it...

Wolverine
01-31-2005, 01:40 PM
he played on a hagar solo album.

Carmine
01-31-2005, 01:44 PM
I dont know as though I would want this. Dave either. I mean he wouldnt' even let Mike join him onstage during the Dave/Sam tour, saying he didnt want any half assed reunion. I think Dave is firm....Its all or nothing!

Wolverine
01-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
I dont know as though I would want this. Dave either. I mean he wouldnt' even let Mike join him onstage during the Dave/Sam tour, saying he didnt want any half assed reunion. I think Dave is firm....Its all or nothing!
Agreed, but this could open doors for a reunion...Although Good Point as always Big Ragu!!

Carmine
01-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by The Godfather
Agreed, but this could open doors for a reunion...Although Good Point as always Big Ragu!!

Thanks GF....and yes, if it was the "carrot on a stick" to getting all the boys on stage and/or recording together again, then so be it!

Who knows...maybe thats all we will get. Al is so anti-Dave and Mike is Sams klingon ....maybe Dave and Ed would do it.....shit...now you got me thinking....:D

DLR7884
01-31-2005, 02:22 PM
Godfather--so many questions....so little logic.

DLR7884
I will now call you "Curious God."

Carmine
01-31-2005, 02:28 PM
hey 7884...you just pulled a "grimsdale" on the home page. Responded to every thread and your name was the only poster up there! I never saw anybody else do that!

Carmine
01-31-2005, 02:30 PM
The GodFather has many questions yes, But they are worthwhile topics of lengthy discussion, at a time where there is not much else to do other than speculate....vent....or just piss and moan.

academic punk
01-31-2005, 02:38 PM
This is actually a pretty good idea!

Remember what the seeds were for a full-scale Page and Plant reunion: Page accepting Plant's request for him to contribute three solos to Plant's solo album Now and Zen (Heaven Knows and Tall Cool One, White Clean and Neat). From there, the two of them were re-able to find common ground and that (and the publics acclaim for it) paved the way for Plant singing on Page's Outrider, and then eventually to the Page/Plant Unledded and Walking to Grimsdale CD.

Now those circumstances were a little different: Page had been trying to entice Plant for years into some sort of reunion, so Page jumped at plant's invititation. (and Zep's breakup was due chiefly to Bonzo's dropping dead, whereas CVH was cheifly that Ed and Dave hated each other for years and it finally came to a head)

Still, as Ed said, baby steps.

DLR7884
01-31-2005, 02:48 PM
I understand why Curious God does what he does....just sometimes they are really "out there" topics.

DLR7884
That's his thing though, it's cool.

DLR7884
01-31-2005, 02:48 PM
hey 7884...you just pulled a "grimsdale" on the home page. Responded to every thread and your name was the only poster up there! I never saw anybody else do that!

I am everywhere!

DLR7884
:)

Carmine
01-31-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
I am everywhere!

DLR7884

indeed....finger clicking MO FO!

lol

katie
01-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
I am everywhere!

DLR7884

No just *here* talking bollocks!

rustoffa
01-31-2005, 09:08 PM
I immediately imagined a disgruntled Alex trying to interfere....banging on the door....noone answereing....trying to peek in a window by climbing a trellis-ala' Inspector Clouseau.

.......Then falling and hurting his neck real bad.

*cue the wah-wah-wah-wahhhh* cartoon sound effect.
:D

It won't happen though.

degüello
01-31-2005, 09:36 PM
This will never happen. Not in a million years.

lms2
01-31-2005, 10:08 PM
Never say never... however, I feel a full scale reunion more likely in the near future, than a Dave and Ed type of thing...

IMO, nothing wrong with these speculation type threads and I feel they are much more worthy of a response than many of the threads that are popular here. :D

scottydabodi
01-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Ed and Dave working together on a Dave solo cd would be cool. No Alex around to fuck it up!!...not the whole cd just a couple of tunes....I remember Ed saying in 96 that Dave and he could have worked on a solo project, but was ruined when the 96 mtv fiasco took place!! Maybe all has passed and they can give another shot!!

Godfather always has the best threads!! Very interesting point again! It would rock, I am certain of it, but only if Ed could handle Dave telling him what to do, how to do it, and when to play it-just like in the old VH days!!

Carmine
02-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Godfather always has the best threads!! Very interesting point again! It would rock, I am certain of it, but only if Ed could handle Dave telling him what to do, how to do it, and when to play it-just like in the old VH days!!

I don't know...now that I think about it. IF this were to ever happen, what about Brian Young? This would most likely be a one shot thing that is destined to blow up, So, does Dave run the risk of alienating Brian just for a quickie with Ed?

And yes...GodFather always has killer thread topics.....:killer:

pete
02-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I don't know...now that I think about it. IF this were to ever happen, what about Brian Young? This would most likely be a one shot thing that is destined to blow up, So, does Dave run the risk of alienating Brian just for a quickie with Ed?

And yes...GodFather always has killer thread topics.....:killer:

Brian Young's a hired gun. He knows it. It's his occupation.

Wolverine
02-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks...Brain can still play on the cd like lowry,kilgore and hartman did on the dlr band cd. say dave did 12 tunes..EVH can guest star on say 4 or 5!!

Carmine
02-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks...Brain can still play on the cd like lowry,kilgore and hartman did on the dlr band cd. say dave did 12 tunes..EVH can guest star on say 4 or 5!!

That might work...still Brian has YET to record with Dave right? Would he want his first DLR recording overshadowed by an Ed appearance? Or 4 or 5?

house0paincakes
02-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Still, as Ed said, baby steps.

Baby steps are all you can take when you drink like Edward. It's fun to speculate about, but I've accepted that anykind of collaboration is a null factor.

Wolverine
02-01-2005, 10:25 AM
That might work...still Brian has YET to record with Dave right? Would he want his first DLR recording overshadowed by an Ed appearance? Or 4 or 5?
wasn't brian on the diamond dave cd???

Carmine
02-01-2005, 10:32 AM
wasn't brian on the diamond dave cd???

Not sure, I dont believe he was....many artists on there....But, I dont think any of his touring band was on it. Then again, I may be wrong...

buckshotjenkins
02-01-2005, 01:43 PM
i thought i read that somewhere...anyone hear anything about it?

Carmine
02-01-2005, 01:44 PM
....specualtion only...