PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Fight Back (Straight Pride Week)

VanJay011379
01-31-2005, 07:50 PM
http://www.wpxi.com/education/4139721/detail.html

------------------

College Republicans Plan 'Straight Pride Week'

UPDATED: 11:49 AM EST January 28, 2005

EDMOND, Okla. -- A University of Central Oklahoma student group is planning what it calls "Straight Pride Week" on campus.

Members of the College Republicans said despite objections from some, they have every right to celebrate. Which is closest to how you feel about the College Republicans' "Straight Pride Week" celebrations? Good for them. They are being discriminatory. I don't mind it because it just makes it them look bad. Neither "Gay Pride Week" or "Straight Pride Week" should be observed.

"The general gist is that if you are a straight student on campus be proud, be loud, this is your time to shine," said college Republican Kyle Houts.

The group has posted fliers on campus that read, "we're here, we're conservative, we're out."

Members of the Gay Alliance for Tolerance and Equality say they consider the College Republican's celebration an attack on gay and lesbian students.

"What is there to say about it, 'I'm proud, and I'm straight and I guess white,' I don't know?" said GATE member Jennifer Rodriguez. "I think they definitely are being discriminatory because there's probably a lot of gay Republicans out there."

University officials have given the College Republicans permission to put up their fliers, but say their approval does not constitute an endorsement.

FORD
01-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Geez, what's their chant when they march?

We're straight
We hate
Our sheets are White and fabulous.
Get used to it!!

Big Train
01-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by VanJay011379
http://www.wpxi.com/education/4139721/detail.html

I don't mind it because it just makes it them look bad. Neither "Gay Pride Week" or "Straight Pride Week" should be observed.

Says it all, doesn't it?

ELVIS
01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Geez, what's their chant when they march?

We're straight
We hate
Our sheets are White and fabulous.
Get used to it!!

Finally!

FORD openly admits to being gay...

Big Train
01-31-2005, 08:21 PM
Ford,

Question:

Do you think it is possible for ANYONE to oppose homosexuality and NOT be a homophobe or racist?

I can see an argument about being a homophobe (i.e. about their sexual orientation) but what that has to do with racism (Color of their skin), I'm a little unclear on..

FORD
01-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Ford,

Question:

Do you think it is possible for ANYONE to oppose homosexuality and NOT be a homophobe or racist?

I can see an argument about being a homophobe (i.e. about their sexual orientation) but what that has to do with racism (Color of their skin), I'm a little unclear on..

Bigotry is bigotry.

FORD
01-31-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Finally!

FORD openly admits to being gay...

If a joke makes me "gay", then knock yourself out with this one, girlfriend!

The Top Ten things that would be different if the Disciples were Gay:

10) Priests would not get married.....wait a minute....

9) Jesus wouldn't wear a white robe after Labor Day.

8) Fewer "Sermons on the Mount", more "Musicals".

7) Gospels would be Matthew, Mark, Luke and Bruce.

6) Virgin Mary's hair would be flawless.

5) Would not have chased money changers out of the temple - they would have redecorated.

4) Turn water into dry martinis with just a splash of curacao for color.

3) Instead of the Last Supper, it would have been the Last Brunch with cabaret.

2) Replace the Beatitudes with "Fabulous are they. . ."

1) Triumphant Entry just screams for a Drag number.

BigBadBrian
01-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Ford,

Question:

FORD would claim Jesus Christ was a homophobe. :gulp:

FORD
01-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
FORD would claim Jesus Christ was a homophobe. :gulp:

Since Jesus never said one word about homosexuality, that would be impossible.

VanJay011379
01-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Bigotry is bigotry.

Do you think the gay pride groups have bigotry?

BigBadBrian
01-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Since Jesus never said one word about homosexuality, that would be impossible.

Such statements clearly shows your lack of understanding of the nature of Christ.

FORD
01-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by VanJay011379
Do you think the gay pride groups have bigotry?

Against fucking pieces of shit like this, maybe......

http://www.nanettemartin.com/ed_phelpsandgson.jpg

......could you blame them?

FORD
01-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Such statements clearly shows your lack of understanding of the nature of Christ.

Oh, sorry.... I forgot you were talking about the idolatrous false image of Christ promoted by the neocon fascist right wing, who hates everybody equally.

I was talking about the REAL Jesus Christ of Nazareth who preached "Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged" and "As you have done unto the least of these, you have done unto Me".

The guy who, as it happenned, was a deacendant of that fag King David.

ELVIS
01-31-2005, 09:39 PM

I was talking about the REAL Jesus Christ of Nazareth who preached "Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged" and "As you have done unto the least of these, you have done unto Me".

Jesus also did NOT contradict scripture!

Big Train
01-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Ford,

I think that is an oversimplification. Is it possible for someone to disagree with a lifestyle choice, yet not hate the person engaged in it? I think it is quite possible..

BigBadBrian
01-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh, sorry.... I forgot you were talking about the idolatrous false image of Christ promoted by the neocon fascist right wing, who hates everybody equally.

Once again, you have managed to let your hatred with certain political figures cloud your religious beliefs. I'm not surprised.

Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 clearly state that Homosexuality is sinful and immoral in every sense. Jesus Christ said he came back to fufill the law in Matthew 5:17. To be quite honest, it is Christ himself who WILL be judging...our sin. Homosexuality IS a sin, whether you want to admit your sin or not. :D That doesn't mean he still doesn't love these people. He loves all sinners...even liberals. :D

Also, about King David being gay. Absolutely inconceivable that God would allow the King of Israel to be a fag as you say. :gulp:

academic punk
01-31-2005, 09:44 PM
uh...here's a dumb question...what about gay republicans?

There are several. by which I mean several million.

And no, it's not right for a gay person to hate someone for their sexual orientation. But how does that justify what happened to Matthew Shepard?

BigBadBrian
01-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
uh...here's a dumb question...what about gay republicans?

There are several. by which I mean several million.

And no, it's not right for a gay person to hate someone for their sexual orientation. But how does that justify what happened to Matthew Shepard?

Gay Republicans...what about them? I'm not a Republican.

Nothing justifies what happened to Matthew Shepard. It was an abomination of a human being of what happened to him. Horrificly wrong...pure and simple.

Nickdfresh
01-31-2005, 09:49 PM
If a joke makes me "gay", then knock yourself out with this one, girlfriend!

Drinking dry martinis does not make one gay!:mad:

ELVIS
01-31-2005, 09:51 PM
Once again, you have managed to let your hatred with certain political figures cloud your religious beliefs. I'm not surprised.

Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 clearly state that Homosexuality is sinful and immoral in every sense. Jesus Christ said he came back to fufill the law in Matthew 5:17. To be quite honest, it is Christ himself who WILL be judging...our sin. Homosexuality IS a sin, whether you want to admit your sin or not. :D That doesn't mean he still doesn't love these people. He loves all sinners...even liberals. :D

:D

BigBadBrian
01-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Yeah, I like a good dry one now and then myself. With serrano chiles I grow myself. :D

academic punk
01-31-2005, 09:55 PM

Yes it does. Fag.

ELVIS
01-31-2005, 09:55 PM
I never had a martini...

Being a former addict, I don't think I need one...:D

academic punk
01-31-2005, 09:56 PM
OH MY GOD!!!

FIGFAGFRIAN JUST ADMITTED TO BEING GAY!!! HE'S GOING OT HELL!!!

I PITY YOU!!!

BigBadBrian
01-31-2005, 09:58 PM
OH MY GOD!!!

FIGFAGFRIAN JUST ADMITTED TO BEING GAY!!! HE'S GOING OT HELL!!!

I PITY YOU!!!

Grow up, little boy. I thought we could have a civil debate. I was wrong. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
01-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Ford,

I think that is an oversimplification. Is it possible for someone to disagree with a lifestyle choice, yet not hate the person engaged in it? I think it is quite possible..

Is it possible it is not a "life-style choice" and that some people are genetically wired to be gay?

I was just watching a very interesting "Real Sports" on HBO where they interviewed that NFL defensive lineman that was gay. He had a lot of interestings things to say about the "macho" NFL. I think his best line was something like "I got tired of hearing things like queer, faggot, and fudge packer from guys when I could kick their ass." Anyways, this is the dude I am talking about:

ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1024/1450380.html)
Thursday, October 24
Updated: October 30, 8:06 PM ET

Tuaolo says he contemplated suicide
ESPN.com news services

Esera Tuaolo, who played nine years in the NFL as a defensive lineman, will reveal he is gay in an interview to be shown Tuesday on HBO's "Real Sports" and in the upcoming issue of ESPN The Magazine.

Esera Tuaolo
Tuaolo
Tuaolo, who played for five NFL teams, said a major reason for his early retirement in 1999 was the difficulty and frustration that came with keeping his sexual orientation a secret.

"They didn't know who Esera Tuaolo is," he said in the interview with HBO. "What they saw was an actor."

Tuaolo, 34, said players routinely told gay jokes in the locker room.

"They made me go further and further into depression, further and further into shame," he said.

In a transcript and tape of the HBO show obtained by The New York Post, Tuaolo discusses the depth of his depression, saying it reached a point to where he thought about suicide.

"When I'm driving like over a 100 (mph), maybe I could just like turn that wheel, just turn that wheel so I could just end it all," Tuaolo said in the interview.

Tuaolo, a native of Hawaii, played at Oregon State before being drafted by the Green Bay Packers in 1991 (35th pick overall). He also played for the Panthers, Vikings and Jaguars, and for the Falcons, the team he was with in Super Bowl XXXIII.

The "Real Sports" segment also features ESPN's Sterling Sharpe, a former teammate of Tuaolo's with the Packers.

When Sharpe was asked what would have happened if Tuaolo came out while he was still playing in the NFL, Sharpe said: "He would have been eaten alive and he would have been hated for it."

Nickdfresh
01-31-2005, 10:03 PM

Also, about King David being gay. Absolutely inconceivable that God would allow the King of Israel to be a fag as you say. :gulp:

Doesn't the Bible also say slavery is cool in some parts?

WTF, I'm beginning to sound like Seshmeister...:gulp: Cheers!

BigBadBrian
01-31-2005, 10:03 PM
Is it possible it is not a "life-style choice" and that some people are genetically wired to be gay?

Which gene is the "gay" gene? :confused:

Nickdfresh
01-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Yes it does. Fag.

No! It's only gay if you drink it out of a colored glass!

ELVIS
01-31-2005, 10:04 PM
So, the guy, for one reason or another is attracted to guys...

That makes it right ??

academic punk
01-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Here's the thing: Gay Pride Parades were established (and continue to be held and celebrated) to display to the world that there is nothing shameful in their sexual orientation and to ask the world for tolerance.

If you go past the 98 lb Puerto Rican dancing around in a pair of glittery American Flag speedos dancing around on a float you will hear that the focus of these parades is to tell the community and the world of the progress this minority has made over the past annum, and where they want to go in the coming year and what it will take to get there.

Again, the reason for these parades is because the homosexual community is a MINORITY, and one that is disgracefully biased against CONSTANTLY: from religious groups, from job opportunities, from housing.

Has any staright person been convinced that there entire life due exclusively to their sexual orientation is a sin, and committed suicide as a result? Has a straight person ever been discriminated against b/c of their partner's happened to be the same as theirs?

The Parades are primarily a vehicle to ask the outside community for tolerance.

And if it is a sin, you know what? It's THEIR sin. It's got nothing to do with you. So leave them be, okay? That strikes me as more Christian than what I'm reading here.

p.s. explain mary cheney.

Nickdfresh
01-31-2005, 10:05 PM

I really wouldn't know.

Nickdfresh
01-31-2005, 10:08 PM
So, the guy, for one reason or another is attracted to guys...

That makes it right ??

I don't know, but I can think of things worse such as teen or otherwise unwanted pregnancy, dead-FUCKING-beat dad's, rapists, spousal-abusers, abortions, etc. Much of which has more to do with heterosexuality.

BigBadBrian
01-31-2005, 10:12 PM

A slavery to a mastery and a slavery to Christ are seperate issues. We don't have enough time (at least I don't) to get into that now.

To sound like Sesh, you'll need to pound down another bottle of booze while chain-smoking Marlboro's as fast as your lungs are able. Then cop an unreasonable attitude about religion because some priest popped you in the poophole when you were a wee little wanker. ;)

academic punk
01-31-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't know, but I can think of things worse such as teen or otherwise unwanted pregnancy, dead-FUCKING-beat dad's, rapists, spousal-abusers, abortions, etc. Much of which has more to do with heterosexuality.

I see nothing wrong with abortions. And I don't think "unwanted teen pregnancy" is "wrong", just sad and unfortunate.

academic punk
01-31-2005, 10:22 PM
By the way, triple b, my earlier comment was obviously a joke. I've put up some of yours, so come on, lighten up.

ELVIS
01-31-2005, 10:25 PM

Sin is SIN!

There is no scale...

There is no sin more or lesser than another...

God looks at sin as sin...

academic punk
01-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Sin is SIN!

There is no scale...

Of course there is scale. If there isn't, ELVIS, well, then, we're ALL shit out of luck aren't we?

What about redemption? What about penance? What about HOPE?

What about your own past sins (which, BTW, I view simply as MISTAKES) and the way you've tried to reconstruct your life since? God doesn't see or care about that?

Bullshit. God is good, God is tolerant, God is LOVING.

One instance does not define your entire life. Not even three or four or four hundred. Your whole life is what you are judged by.

Again, if I'm wrong about this, I don't think any of us is getting to Heaven anytime soon.

FORD
01-31-2005, 10:34 PM

The one that looks like this.....
http://www.ryanhicksministries.com/graphics/illo_dna_gene5_0421.gif

Nickdfresh
01-31-2005, 10:41 PM
Sin is SIN!

There is no scale...

If it doesn't make my taxes go up, I really don't care. I'm not gay but I've had premarital sex, am I a sinner any worse than a gay man? I pay taxes and all that.

What are your options? Legislating morality? Banning gays from owing establishments or not hiring someone because they are gay? None of which has worked.

academic punk
01-31-2005, 10:44 PM
No one has answered how gay republicans are supposed to go about with the rest of lives...

academic punk
01-31-2005, 10:48 PM
I would like to add I'm a big fan of how the straight pride festivities are proposed to last a WEEK.

The gay parade - the community most known for excessive partying and who invented the phrase "OTT" - only lasts a DAY!

Sheesh!

Big Train
01-31-2005, 11:32 PM
"Gay Republicans" should go about their lives as scheduled. Don't confuse the word "republican" with the word "religion" although a lot do. THey are two separate words in two different realms.

Nick, as too your question earlier, genetics vs. envoirnment can be debated night and day. However, if a person choses not to accept a behavior whether genetically scripted or not, that is not "hatred". Acting in a violent way is hatred. Simply saying you don't approve of the liefestyle is not.

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Of course there is scale. If there isn't, ELVIS, well, then, we're ALL shit out of luck aren't we?

What about redemption? What about penance? What about HOPE?

Why do we need to repent? God tells us that we have broken HIS LAWS in Adam and personally as well. In so doing, we have alienated ourselves from Him as enemies. The command is given in Mark 1:15, "...repent ye, and believe the gospel." It is a direct command from the God of Heaven to repent! Still we say, "We'll just trust our church; we're all right; we haven't done anyone any harm." "I don't beat my wife or kick my dog." So man feels pretty safe, but have you

repented??? Acts 3:19, "Repent... and he converted..." Luke 13:3, "... except ye repent ye shall all likewise perish." It is not what we think but rather what God says. It is by His STANDARD, the Word of God, that we will be judged. It is our sinfulness in Adam that brought the fall of man and offended God. That offence can only be taken away by the blood of Christ. ONLY a blood sacrifice would satisfy the righteous demands of a Holy God. Not water sprinkling, nor communion, not confirmation, but it took the once for all payment of the shed blood on Calvary. God will accept nothing else in its place today. Heb. 5:9, "And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him "

We need to recognize our sinfulness and REPENT. You see, it is important, for we will either be in heaven or hell for all eternity. John 5:28-29, "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth..." Even the grave will not keep you from meeting your judge. To repent means to change your mind and to recognize your lost hopeless state before God without Christ as your personal Saviour. It is to humble yourself and to ask for the forgiveness of your sinfulness. Without repentance-no salvation, and without heart knowledge of our lost condition it is impossible to repent. Heb. 9:27, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." Acts 17:30, "And the times of this ignorance God winked at,, but now commandeth all men every where to repent: because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained,- whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead " THE COMMAND IS THAT ALL MEN EVERYWHERE ARE TO R E P E N T!

III. BELIEVE THE GOSPEL.

What is the gospel?? In Mark 1: 15 we are given a command, "... believe the gospel" Many religious people go to bear their pastor or their priest faithfully and never come to know what the gospel is. If we were to ask you, what would you say? Many have told this preacher that they do not know or are not sure, and yet claim to be receiving the gospel message.

Rotn. 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Is it then not vital that we know and believe the gospel?

My friend, if you want this salvation that God freely offers through the shed blood of His Son, then you must come as every other person that is saved has come. Acts 20:21, "... repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ." You're going to have to come God's way, not the way you think.

Paul states in I Cor. 15: 1, "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand,..." It is the same gospel that man must hear today and receive to be saved. I Cor. 15:3-4, "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures." It is not just believing some old story about some person called Jesus. It is believing the scriptural account of the fall of man, our great need to be saved, and God sending the sacrifice in our place by His own Son, as the Bible verifies. It is the placing of our trust in the sufficiency of that shed blood to take away the offence of out sinfulness against God. When we believe and receive the Son, we become BORN AGAIN, having a new birth, by which a poor, lost, guilty, hell-deserving sinner receives a pardon, a stay of execution. That execution has been placed on the Son and then we no longer are under the wrath of God. So you see, we can be free from the judgment of the condemnation of the eternal lake of fire.

John 1:12, "But as many as received Him, to them gave He power (authority) to become the Sons of God..." What a change of direction-to be changed from a child of the devil to a child of God.

I beg of you today, if you have never before known a time when you were lost in sin, listen to these words of Rom. 3:19, "Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: THAT EVERY MOUTH MAY BE STOPPED, AND ALL THE WORLD MAY BECOME GUILTY BEFORE GOD. Recognize yourself to be in the group, the ALL the GUILTY ones, REPENT and BELIEVE the Gospel of the Bible and receive the forgiveness Of sins and eternal life.

James 4:6, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble." James 4:10 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

It is humbling to admit that we've been wrong, and are wrong, both before God and man.

The offer is for all to come that labor and are heavy laden and Christ will give you rest. Come and trust Him Today.

FORD
02-01-2005, 09:20 AM
"I don't beat my wife or kick my dog."

Maybe not, but James Dobson does.

LoungeMachine
02-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Gay Republicans...what about them? I'm not a Republican.

:rolleyes: jeez

denial, denial, denial

LoungeMachine
02-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Sin is SIN!

There is no scale...

Are you telling me if I "bear false witness" on my income taxes, God looks at it the same as if I "kill" tens of thousands of innocent people????????

BullSHIT:rolleyes:

what a ridiculous belief.

LoungeMachine
02-01-2005, 09:46 AM

Ask your priest:rolleyes:

:eek:

LoungeMachine
02-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Ford,

Question:

BT,

Question:

Do you think it's possible for ANYONE to oppose this administration and it's policies and NOT be a Left wing Liberal or a wacko?

BigBadBrian
02-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Ask your priest:rolleyes:

:eek:

I don't have a priest. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
02-01-2005, 09:58 AM
BT,

Question:

Do you think it's possible for ANYONE to oppose this administration and it's policies and NOT be a Left wing Liberal or a wacko?

Yes.

LoungeMachine
02-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Yes. ;)

Big Train
02-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Yes, it is possible. I have no problem with people disagreeing or questioning. I do have a problem with people whining and carrying on like idiots.

academic punk
02-01-2005, 01:05 PM
"Gay Republicans" should go about their lives as scheduled. Don't confuse the word "republican" with the word "religion" although a lot do. THey are two separate words in two different realms.

Nick, as too your question earlier, genetics vs. envoirnment can be debated night and day. However, if a person choses not to accept a behavior whether genetically scripted or not, that is not "hatred". Acting in a violent way is hatred. Simply saying you don't approve of the liefestyle is not.

I was simply referring to the article itself. The article - even the title of this thread - equates your political party affiliation with one's sexual affiliation.

And as far as I'm aware, the Dems have no one near as extreme as that doofus Rick Santorum, or James Dobson, or Allan Keyes.

JCOOK
02-01-2005, 01:31 PM

FORD: Get your quotes correct...
"Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged, But If Thou Doth Judge Make Thee Therefore A Righteous Judgement":D

steve
02-01-2005, 03:42 PM
What are they "fighting back" against? What have gay people done to them?

Was GW Bush raped by his fellow male cheerleaders?

Is Colon Powell's first name merely a euphemism for a fetish sex position at the Blue Oyster Bar when he was in the Army?

Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson are very "touchy feely" as well...

Is that why Rs vilify homos? WTF?

JCOOK
02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Straight white males seem to be the only group in this country to get criticized for this. gay pride, lesbian pride, african pride, latino pride, womens pride,on and on.

BigBadBrian
02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by steve
What are they "fighting back" against? What have gay people done to them?

Was GW Bush raped by his fellow male cheerleaders?

Is Colon Powell's first name merely a euphemism for a fetish sex position at the Blue Oyster Bar when he was in the Army?

Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson are very "touchy feely" as well...

Is that why Rs vilify homos? WTF?

Good to "see" you again, steve. You're still as wrong as ever, I see.

It's simply to show homosexuals how ridiculous they are being. If they want equal rights, why must they have "Gay Pride Days?"

academic punk
02-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Straight white males seem to be the only group in this country to get criticized for this. gay pride, lesbian pride, african pride, latino pride, womens pride,on and on.

Because straight white males are the MAJORITY. Women only got the right to vote less than 85 years ago. Let's not even getting started on the other groups.

If you really need this spelled out for you, you really are as dumb a piece of poor white trash as others on this site have referred to you.

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Because straight white males are the MAJORITY.

I'm not so sure about that...:D

Nickdfresh
02-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Good to "see" you again, steve. You're still as wrong as ever, I see.

It's simply to show homosexuals how ridiculous they are being. If they want equal rights, why must they have "Gay Pride Days?"

It's a commemoration of "The Stonewall Riots" in which gays rioted when police entered a NYC gay bar to arrest it's patrons in the 1960's. It is heralded by gays as their liberation day.

BrownSound1
02-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Jesus didn't mention homosexuality by name, but he did talk about sexually immorality.

God destroyed two cities because of homosexuality...and it is talked about in several places in the Bible as being wrong. How can you say God condones such an unnatural act? Remember the old saying, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

If you are going by what the Bible says, then YOU are not judging, but rather the Word of God is the judge.

I'm surprised no one has said, "Ye who are without sin cast the first stone." Of course they always leave out the rest of it where Jesus tells the adulterous woman to "Go and sin no more."

It is wrong to hate anyone for being gay, however if you are a Christian you are supposed to try and show them where that is wrong in the eyes of God. It is however their choice to accept it or not.

crud
02-01-2005, 05:47 PM
What's the big deal? If you have gay day or mexican-american pride day, or (your affiliation here) day, certainly there is room for "good ol average hetero day" right? I mean if not, then aren't you being exclusionary?

Nickdfresh
02-01-2005, 06:39 PM
I say we make "Straight Pride Day" Hugh Hefner's birthday, since he did more to liberate the prudish sexual mores' of America than anyone!
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Sep-21-Sun-2003/photos/hefner.jpg

academic punk
02-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by crud
What's the big deal? If you have gay day or mexican-american pride day, or (your affiliation here) day, certainly there is room for "good ol average hetero day" right? I mean if not, then aren't you being exclusionary?

The only problem I have with it was from, oh, the tone of the article itself and even the title of the thread: "Fighting back". Not "Hey, why not?", or "Fun for all", but, "We're gonna shove their homo parade right back down their throats."

Straight white males are the majority in this country. That is FACT. Yes, it is shifting, but come on, when Al Sharpton or Jesse jackson or Hillary or Condoleeza or Joe Lieberman is out front for the presidential nomination, you DO hear, "Black, woman, jew".

With Kerry, yeah, you heard "Boston Brahman" and with Bush you did hear "faith-based", but it's nothing to the extent when, again, a MINORITY is sticking their neck out.

Now go forth and be fruitful, y'all.

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
Jesus didn't mention homosexuality by name, but he did talk about sexually immorality.

God destroyed two cities because of homosexuality...and it is talked about in several places in the Bible as being wrong. How can you say God condones such an unnatural act? Remember the old saying, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

If you are going by what the Bible says, then YOU are not judging, but rather the Word of God is the judge.

I'm surprised no one has said, "Ye who are without sin cast the first stone." Of course they always leave out the rest of it where Jesus tells the adulterous woman to "Go and sin no more."

It is wrong to hate anyone for being gay, however if you are a Christian you are supposed to try and show them where that is wrong in the eyes of God. It is however their choice to accept it or not.

Thank you, Brown...

Finally, a voice of reason...

JCOOK
02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Because straight white males are the MAJORITY. Women only got the right to vote less than 85 years ago. Let's not even getting started on the other groups.

If you really need this spelled out for you, you really are as dumb a piece of poor white trash as others on this site have referred to you.

What the fuck does being in the majority have to do with it? I am married to a BLACK woman and have a brother that is gay. I think what bothers most people is when groups try to make people accept or like them. If Iwant to hate someone for whatever reason thats my buisiness,bootom line you cant' legislate LOVE OR HATE.

As for the poor white trash comment, that figures anyone who decesnts the easiest thing to do is play that card.:o

FORD
02-01-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm not so sure about that...:D

Well, not on a world wide scale. We're running behind the Chinese and the Indians there.

But as far as the power structure in THIS country goes - especially under the current neocon regime - it's overwhelmingly white and male. Though heterosexual is questionable when you have Matt Drudge, Rush Limbaugh, Mike 'Savage" Weiner, Lindsey Graham, David Drier and Anndrew Coulter all with dubious orientations.

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 08:54 PM
But as far as the power structure in THIS country goes - especially under the current neocon regime - it's overwhelmingly white and male.

How can you say that with people like Rice and Gonzales in his cabinet ??

Though heterosexual is questionable when you have Matt Drudge, Rush Limbaugh, Mike 'Savage" Weiner, Lindsey Graham, David Drier and Anndrew Coulter all with dubious orientations.

What "dubious orientation" does Michael Savage have ??

Dude, you are pre-occupied with homosexuality...

academic punk
02-01-2005, 10:24 PM
What the fuck does being in the majority have to do with it? I am married to a BLACK woman and have a brother that is gay. I think what bothers most people is when groups try to make people accept or like them. If Iwant to hate someone for whatever reason thats my buisiness,bootom line you cant' legislate LOVE OR HATE.

As for the poor white trash comment, that figures anyone who decesnts the easiest thing to do is play that card.:o

It has to do with it b/c the purpose of these gatherings and parades is to give voice and attention to groups that are sometimes overlooked or, more presciently, prejudiced against.

It's sorta like when children ask, 'why is there a father's day and a mother's day, but no children's day?"

Because everyday IS children's day. likewise, everyday is white american male day.

i see your point and somewhat agree you can't legislate hate. but then again, you can: hate crimes are a major factor of the legal system now. issues like affirmative action and equal opportunity employment are also examples of legislating tolerance. i know you're coming at it - the idea - from an emotional angle, which is different. still, when the title of this thread is "fighting back" and the tone of the article in the original post, well, i don't see how it's implications don't make you wonder for your brother's well-being and safety.

p.s. on a scale of one to ten, how much did ya enjoy taking baths together when you were younger?

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 10:34 PM
That is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read...

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Happy white american male day...:rolleyes:

Dude, put down the alcohol and listen to yourself...

JCOOK
02-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Hate crimes are different from hate. And I hope you don't believe that white males are the only ones who discriminate. every one on this planet discriminates in one form or another and for whatever their own personal reasons.People crack me up with "white pride" "black pride" latino pride" "gay pride" or whatever pride. Like they had any thing to do with who their "heritage" is.paleeez You have no control over who your ancestors are get over it. Yes Ido worry about the welfare of my brother........ Nice crack about the bath thing.

LoungeMachine
02-01-2005, 10:39 PM
That is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read...

...then you should try reading your own posts some time.....:D

academic punk
02-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Hate crimes are different from hate. And I hope you don't believe that white males are the only ones who discriminate. every one on this planet discriminates in one form or another and for whatever their own personal reasons.People crack me up with "white pride" "black pride" latino pride" "gay pride" or whatever pride. Like they had any thing to do with who their "heritage" is.paleeez You have no control over who your ancestors are get over it. Yes Ido worry about the welfare of my brother........ Nice crack about the bath thing.

well, now we're at least finding some common ground!

i've got nothing to rebut here...of course i realize that hatecrimes are different from hate, and whites of course aren't thev only ones who discriminate. BUT: how many gay people have taunted and harrassed someone for simply being straight? yes, it happnes, but come on, this entire thread and every post on it (including my joke, which thankfully you got and appreciated) has some sort of dig at homosexuality (and it IS pretty amazing how homophobic humor never seems to get old). don't see much of that against the hetero community. at least in comparison.

elfish, if you think my posts are dumb, well, good for you.

ELVIS
02-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Ok, I'm open-minded...

Let's hear some hetero humor...

JCOOK
02-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Ok, I'm open-minded...

Let's hear some hetero humor...

Here goes: "These two white guys are beating up a ******, jew and retarded fag in a wheelchair"....... :D

GOD forgive me

LoungeMachine
02-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Here goes: "These two white guys are beating up a ******, jew and retarded fag in a wheelchair"....... :D

GOD forgive me

My God has a sense of humor.

And doesnt rely on guilt, threats, or intimidation, just unconditional love.:D

My God would just hope the punchline was better than the set up:D

JCOOK
02-02-2005, 12:51 AM
My God has a sense of humor.

And doesnt rely on guilt, threats, or intimidation, just unconditional love.:D

My God would just hope the punchline was better than the set up:D

I'll work on it LM;)

BigBadBrian
02-02-2005, 09:21 AM

everyday is white american male day.

Scenario: One open job position. Four candidates apply. All equally qualified.

One white american male.

One African-American female.

One latino female in a wheelchair.

One white female.

Who gets the job?

steve
02-02-2005, 09:42 AM
MacGyver is gay...

whodat
02-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Its called hate the sin, not the sinner.

LoungeMachine
02-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Scenario: One open job position. Four candidates apply. All equally qualified.

One white american male.

One African-American female.

One latino female in a wheelchair.

One white female.

Who gets the job?

Usually depends on how hot the chick is:D

steve
02-02-2005, 10:55 AM
That Kordel Stewart is a ...(shut yo' mouth!).

But I'm just talkin' bout' Kordel.

steve
02-02-2005, 10:57 AM
I thik you all misunderstood what I said when you got started on this whole gay topic.

I didn't say "Abe Lincoln", I said "Hey, "Blinkin'".

BigBadBrian
02-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Usually depends on how hot the chick is:D

Hmm......you do have a point there. :D :gulp:

JCOOK
02-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Which female the white one or the latina in a wheelchair...by the way some variables were left out of that scenario.Suppose the person doing the hiring is black. Yeah you're right he ain't gonna hire that ****** or white dude he's going after that white female piece of azz....unless he homosexual then that changes everything.

CVHfan
02-05-2005, 07:29 PM

I've heard that it was used to justify slavery. It had casually discussed slave ownership.

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Yeah right...

God said slavery is "cool"...:rolleyes:

FORD
02-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah right...

God said slavery is "cool"...:rolleyes:

Well, He allowed the Jews to be stuck in Egypt for 400 years, didn't He? ;)

ELVIS
02-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Oh, come on...