PDA

View Full Version : David Byrne Should Have Replaced Roth!

buckshotjenkins
01-31-2005, 11:32 PM
it would have been cool to me...a ripping band with added white funk and more crazy blippy-bloopy synths and clavinets? not to mention byrne's badass vocal style and lyrics! yeah i'd buy it. i'll buy it tomorrow if my delusions are real...wait they're not, or i'd be eddie guitar tech/bartender.

scottydabodi
01-31-2005, 11:40 PM
David Byrne is a fucking fag... this thread sucks.

By the way:

lms2
01-31-2005, 11:43 PM
Ah Buckshot... i can see you have much to learn.

Lesson Number One.

This the David Lee Roth Army and the general consensus is that Dave is irrefuckingplaceable.

scottydabodi
01-31-2005, 11:46 PM
Heh heh heh...

Nickdfresh
01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh!

buckshotjenkins
02-01-2005, 12:47 AM
hey i love roth too you "old timers", but i've also found other folks that i think are just as badass, and i don't believe i was being serious. but wow it got a response! shit hagar and cherone and then hagar? sorry but couldn't get much worse. personally i like certain bands and no scenes or trends. cock rock sucks. so does 99% of rock bands from VH's time. i think that CVH was not in that league at all. i don't dig grunge or new wave or metal...but certain bands rock. and david byrne is the man. and compared to the ripping songs VH does, the hits like running with the devil hot for teacher and the cradle and the others are second rate, but so many folks list them as their favs! i'll be careful next time and say i love jump. and i coulda said huey lewis fronting VH! bad rookie mistake.

buckshotjenkins
02-01-2005, 12:49 AM
i'm a recruit? i'm not safe? i might get booted off roth island if i don't work hard enough? ug!

Panamark
02-01-2005, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by buckshotjenkins
more crazy blippy-bloopy synths and clavinets?

Dude, if you are not fucking with us. Im truly sorry, I hope you
get through it all soon...... It must be hell.

Good luck !

DavidLeeNatra
02-01-2005, 05:54 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=332414

house0paincakes
02-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Hahaha!

FORD
02-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Nothing wrong with David Byrne, but in Van Halen?? Naaah.

But I couldn't see David Lee Roth in the Talking Heads either.

....and you may ask yourself........aw shit I forgot the fuckin words!!
Same as it ever was, right here I say.....

Jickson
02-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by buckshotjenkins
it would have been cool to me...a ripping band with added white funk and more crazy blippy-bloopy synths and clavinets? not to mention byrne's badass vocal style and lyrics! yeah i'd buy it. i'll buy it tomorrow if my delusions are real...wait they're not, or i'd be eddie guitar tech/bartender.

I think Morrissey would have been a better choice, or Robert Smith maybe? Or Captain Lou Albano and Cyndi Lauper.... in duet form, kind of like. Joe Cocker and what's-her-fuck... Ain't talkin' bout love lift us up where we belong!"

WARF
02-01-2005, 12:46 PM
I'd rather see Huey Lewis in Van Halen! LOL

buckshotjenkins
02-01-2005, 01:32 PM
it's funny i grew up on VH then took a break and listened to the opposite of VH and rounded out my tastes. yes i dig corny stuff (like a bit of huey, talking heads, steely dan) but lately i've got back to almost nothing but the 6 pack. but now being older with a better musical background i feel more connected to their music then when i just lived for the bar-dives! but no i'll never stop liking clavinets and crazy synths. i love VH but dancing in the streets and 1984>jump pale in comparison to some great 'heads. yup, i said it! i'm past the age where EVERY CVH some is better than any other bands'.

Mezro
02-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by WARF
I'd rather see Huey Lewis in Van Halen! LOL

You missed him? He was touring with the brothers this past summer.

Mezro...i want a new shaka doobie, one that won't make me sick, I'm broke - had to crawl back to the brothers and puff on the Dutch beef stick...

Nickdfresh
02-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Jickson
I think Morrissey would have been a better choice, or Robert Smith maybe? Or Captain Lou Albano and Cyndi Lauper.... in duet form, kind of like. Joe Cocker and what's-her-fuck... Ain't talkin' bout love lift us up where we belong!"

Steve Perry! Lynda McCartney! Billy Squier! Bob Geldof! The possibilities are endless!

buckshotjenkins
02-01-2005, 08:13 PM
ed should have tried to get him before slash did. imagine the parties!

rustoffa
02-01-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't like the idea.

It'd be funny if Byrne hid Ed in his big, goofy suit just for shits and giggles in a MAD Magazine spoof or some shit.

scorpioboy33
02-01-2005, 10:22 PM
I think pure and simple VH should have ceased to exist after the breakup that being said I don't think that D. Byrne and Eddie getting together would have been bad at all..It would have been interesting

Nickdfresh
02-02-2005, 08:39 PM
On a side project maybe.