PDA

View Full Version : Did Coverdale ever make his way to 5150?

Wolverine
02-01-2005, 09:49 PM
I heard Coverdale was in,he even was at 5150,did some tracks, but the usual ego bullshit set in (any truth to this???) and ed called mitch malloy before settling on cherone!!! ugh what a mess it must be on howdy doody mountain!!
dave is so right!!

light 'em up!
02-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Godfather, you're a trip...

Here's a question for you...

Do you think Ed and Al are aware that Dave renamed 5150 Howdy Doody Mountain? And that he renamed Ed and Al the Van Heinekens? And if so, do you think that's why they hate Dave so much?

Golden AWe
02-02-2005, 04:24 AM
no, i haven't heard about it, but i'm fucking good in bed!

Wolverine
02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
Godfather, you're a trip...

Here's a question for you...

Do you think Ed and Al are aware that Dave renamed 5150 Howdy Doody Mountain? And that he renamed Ed and Al the Van Heinekens? And if so, do you think that's why they hate Dave so much?
WTF??

Wolverine
02-02-2005, 02:38 PM
yo light em up i know you slighted me but...I see you saw CVH in ,Aug 12th 1979...I saw them Aug 11th 1979, in Asbury Park NJ. The show was killer, they opened up with Light up the Sky. Dave was fuckin awesome jumpin and dancin all over the place...dave kept telling his stories sbout Joe...eddie was smokin. the whole show rocked...they closed with ain't talkin bouit love!! Best Concert I ever saw as well!!

jojo2371
02-02-2005, 03:28 PM
in an interveiw coverdale was asked about the van halens and stated that it was nothing but a rumor,he never talked to them ,went to 5150 and or sang and wrote with them nuff said !

Mezro
02-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Coverdale was up there to clean the pool and toss Ed's salad in 1997.

Mezro...in the still of the night I hear Dutch anus roar...

pete
02-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Some studio guys I know told me that in 96. I never read it on the net or anywhere else. I was not convinced and hadn't heard about it until recently here. It may be true.

Northern Girl
02-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Not about Coverdale, but same topic and not worth a new thread:

Dave Meniketti of Y&T fame recently interviewed with Hardrock Haven's Derric Miller, discussing the recent releases of "UnEarthed" volumes I and II, the rumors behind him taking over as the frontman for VAN HALEN when Sammy Hagar left the band, his blues solo project, and a myriad of other topics. Here is an excerpt from the interview:

Hardrock Haven: When Sammy left VAN HALEN, were there any queries from the band to gauge your interest in replacing him as their frontman?

Meniketti: "No, I never got anything, no. There was a lot of speculation from individuals and people on different forums, talking about 'Dave Meniketti and VAN HALEN,' so on and so forth. But you know what? They never called me."

Hardrock Haven: Would you have given it a thought?

Meniketti: "I don't know — I certainly was asked a lot about it, and at that time, when it was first happening, I just said, 'No.' You know? And I'll tell you why. It's not because I don't like VAN HALEN, I think they are great. I respect all those guys in the band. I always feel like, if you are taking someone else's place, especially someone who was so much a part of what that band is all about, you are really heading into deep water there. I know, for what Sammy did, it actually pulled his head out of the sand, out of the old David Lee Roth band, and really made an impression. It was THE thing he did that was right in his career, no question about it. That really put him over the top. You know, if I was the second singer — maybe. If I was the fourth singer, or whatever, in VAN HALEN, absolutely not. The way I feel about those guys is, if they can't get either of their first two singers back to play, I don't want to have any part or anything to do with it. You know, I don't think they should go on. It's too confusing to the fans, it bastardizes the band and their entire career, you know, to me — and I just wouldn't have wanted to be a part of that."

You can hear the interview in its entirety at www.hardrockhaven.net. You will need the Windows Media Player to stream the interview.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=32315

Jérôme Frenchise
02-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by The Godfather
I heard Coverdale was in,he even was at 5150,did some tracks, but the usual ego bullshit set in (any truth to this???) and ed called mitch malloy before settling on cherone!!! ugh what a mess it must be on howdy doody mountain!!
dave is so right!!

Coverdale's just a fag hairdresser's victim. What the fuck is that cunt doin' here??

FORD
02-04-2005, 02:54 AM
Absolutely no truth to the Covercheeseball rumors whatsoever.