PDA

View Full Version : Dave's voice for animation

Roguesgirl
02-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Needlees to say I am a huge fan of Dave's voice. I love hearing him sing and love hearing him speak. Years ago, listening to him read from his book, was great!

I was thinking of all of the celebrities who have voiced animated characters. David Spade, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, etc.

They all have very distinguishable and interesting voices.

Well, so does Dave. :cool:

You think anyone has ever made him an offer to do this kind of thing?

Carmine
02-02-2005, 10:40 AM
I dont know if he ever got an offer, but damn...there are a ton of animated characters that could have been "Rothed up" a little...I think its a great idea...maybe with the Sopranos thing...who knows?

ThatArtGuy
02-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks to Aladdin, animated movie casting directors try to get "big name" talent for their characters. Personally, it drives me nuts, because I'm not thinking about the character or from the character's point of view. I think about the actor which brings in a lot of baggage. There's also a lot of very talented voice actors that act better than the "big name" celebrities that get passed over just because some ignorant parent out there "might not take their child to see it."

It's a major complaint about movies for me, just like how all movie posters now are photoshop composites of the actors' faces. What happened to the kick-ass painted posters? I know a major point is the fact that when people look for movies at a rental store, they'll forget movie titles, but they'll see that picture of Meg Ryan and think, "I like her, I will watch that."

Thank you, ignorant public.

Northern Girl
02-02-2005, 07:09 PM
I can hear the "cartoon" slams already.

He needs to make a kick-ass rockin' all-original album. Fuck all other scenarios.

GAR
02-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Them voiceover gigs don't fuckaround about being tardy no matter who you are, they'll can you.