X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CVHfan
    Roadie
    • Nov 2004

Black Sabbath 2005 Tour.

Launch Radio Networks is reporting that BLACK SABBATH will be back in action this summer. Singer-bassist Glenn Hughes, who's finishing up a new album with SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi, said that Ozzy Osbourne and company will hit both Europe and North America this year, and that he might also be on the bill. "They are doing the, the festival run in Europe, and I believe — if I'm not shooting my foot off here — that they will be playing Ozzfest," he said. "And there's a rumor that Tony and I will be, with our new project, on that same bill, but I can't say that's gonna happen — but you never know."

BLACK SABBATH has already signed on to play Denmark's Roskilde (pronounced Ross-kill-dee) Festival, one of the largest annual music events in Europe. Roskilde, in its 34th year, will take place June 30 through July 3. Last year's festival drew 75,000 fans to hear 150 bands performing on six stages.

Other groups slated to play this year's Roskilde Festival include GREEN DAY and AUDIOSLAVE.

Osbourne is preparing for the March 22 release of "Prince of Darkness", a four-CD box set of material from throughout his career, as well as some newly recorded cover songs.

Besides the project with Iommi, which should be out this summer, Hughes has a solo album called "Soul Mover" that's due next month. It features RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and ex-JANE'S ADDICTION guitarist Dave Navarro.

This is fucking incredible, 2005 is going to be the true year of a BLACK FUCKING SABBATH comeback, FUCK YES \m/

This all comes from that site.
  • Shaun Ponsonby
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Oct 2004

Is it a festival tour or will they do a real tour as well?
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• CVHfan
      Roadie
      • Nov 2004

I thought there would be a little of both. Like they would do a real tour and do OzzFest.

Comment

• loss of fools
        Head Fluffer
        • Oct 2004

hopefully they will be at download.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hopefully this means they might finish that album they have supposedly been working on since 1997.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• katie
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

If only CVH VH were doing this kind of thing + a 4CD Box set.

I would be in fucking heaven!

Comment

• diamondD
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

FORD. they gave up recording when they realized it wouldn't meet their old standards.

Good thing I avoided the farewell tour a couple of years ago.
              Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

When they toured when they first reunited, that was one of my most favorite concerts I have ever seen....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

I agree with FORD. I hope it means the album gets finished, even if its not up to the lofty standards of the 70's. I would buy it.
                  BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• tomballin
                    Commando
                    • Dec 2004

Shite another old fart's money grab tour. Great!

They sucked the last time I saw Sabbath. Tony Iommi sucks, what a total loser.

Now if Ozzy would tour with Zakk Wylde again, and get Tommy Lee on drums, after the Crue Tour falls apart, then I'll be sitting front row.

Tommy Lee is the ONLY drummer that could ever replace Randy Castillo (RIP) for an Ozzy Tour.

Man, is 05 going to be the year of ol' fart money grab Tours, or what!

I'd rather spend the dough on whores in Vegas, and later watch old videos of the great bands performing, thanks

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Come on Tom, you are holding back on us !! Let it out !!
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• CVHfan
                        Roadie
                        • Nov 2004

Hey. It would be better than the Fleece the Sheep tour. At least it is Sabbath as everyone knows and loves.

Comment

• tomballin
                          Commando
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                          Come on Tom, you are holding back on us !! Let it out !!
                          Look I’m not into these half baked nostalgia gigs. I pay good money to attend concerts and dammit I want to be entertained, particularly since my doctor made me stop drinking and drugging years back, LOL. If I want the nostalgia trip I show up at these guys funerals.

Hell, just to go see DLR New Years in Orlando, cost me around $850. I mean $225 for a pair of tickets (got free food at the gig, so that saved $50 for me and my date), airfair for me (she lived in Ft Lauderdale and drove up to Universal, thank God), hotel room, etc., and then hell I had to spring for a couple of extra boxes of condoms….God knows how long this chick had had any…..

so like DLR plays 21 songs for his New Years Bash, Ok…….that’s costing me almost $41 per song on the deal.

I rest my case.

Comment

• tomballin
                            Commando
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by CVHfan
                            Hey. It would be better than the Fleece the Sheep tour. At least it is Sabbath as everyone knows and loves.
                            I don't want to see Sabbath and missing part of his finger Tony. Also Bill Ward is in very bad health.

I want to see Ozzy, doing HIS Sabbath tunes with guys that can play like Randy Rhodes (RIP) and Randy Castillo (RIP). This is the ReUnion Tour that needs to happen.

Let Dio do a Sabbath reunion, and give me my kick ass Ozzy show, like in the 80’s, and on the Live and Loud video.

Same deal with Dave. I don't want to see DLR do a Van Roth reunion with Eddie in EVH's "going to an early grave" condition.

I mean Brian Young blows EVH off the stage currently and entertains me, Ok. I went to a Van SpamBoy's 04 show, to see EVH play for the last time, and got lucky. EVH had one of his better shows of the Tour, from reading other show reviews.

But bottom line, DLR fronting, instead of Spammy, wouldn't have helped that 04 SpamBoys Tour. Dave cannot play EVH's guitar for him, and stop EVH from being a total fuckup and killing himself on the booze and drugs.

Further I don’t want to see Diamond on stage letting the Sister’s make an ass out of him, while he is trying to put on a good show for the fans……Forget About It, until Eddie goes through rehab and gets clean!
                            Last edited by tomballin; 02-03-2005, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tomballin
                              Look I’m not into these half baked nostalgia gigs. I pay good money to attend concerts and dammit I want to be entertained, particularly since my doctor made me stop drinking and drugging years back, LOL. If I want the nostalgia trip I show up at these guys funerals.

Hell, just to go see DLR New Years in Orlando, cost me around $850. I mean $225 for a pair of tickets (got free food at the gig, so that saved $50 for me and my date), airfair for me (she lived in Ft Lauderdale and drove up to Universal, thank God), hotel room, etc., and then hell I had to spring for a couple of extra boxes of condoms….God knows how long this chick had had any…..

so like DLR plays 21 songs for his New Years Bash, Ok…….that’s costing me almost $41 per song on the deal.

I rest my case.
                              Thats more like it !!
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...