PDA

View Full Version : Who Do We Blame?

buckshotjenkins
02-04-2005, 03:05 AM
if whomever had the power to do so released a cd/dvd combo of live footage-one great show or a collage of great ones from '78 and before to '84...do you think it would sell beyond here? fuck yeah it would. it would make a lot of money. are the sisters afraid of being compared to their past when they had fire, passion and turmoil? now they casually shoot fingers or flip coins to see if spam gets to be little billy or the naughty grandma...WHO IS TO BLAME? warner bros.? ed and al? this product would sell! it would help restore their legacy properly. hell family guy dvd's sold so well it's now "uncancelled"...dammit i want my dvd! dave or not gals, your days of undisputedly ruling the globe are over. get over it. release something worthy for the flood of fans you made from the mid 70's to '84. it might help sway public/music sentiment into enshrining your silly asses in the rock and roll hall of fame. you obviously couldn't back in like i thought...so make a case!

Panamark
02-04-2005, 03:22 AM
I blame El Nino.

spmusicplyr
02-04-2005, 05:16 AM
i blame JOEJOEJOE!....he's always up to no good!!

Panamark
02-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Good Post buckshotjenkins.

I agree with ya mate, If these morons released a live Dave era
DVD, I could almost think Ed and Al were gutter rats again,
instead of the sludge that flows through the sewer.

It would sell fantastically, and keep some of us happy.

moose
02-04-2005, 09:39 AM
I blame Warner Bros. Ultimatley they have the last say and the power and ownership of the material that we the fans are all asking for.
So blame them.

Big Troubles
02-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by moose
I blame Warner Bros. Ultimatley they have the last say and the power and ownership of the material that we the fans are all asking for.
So blame them.

Yeah, warner bros. and the legal teams that represent each band member. wasn't this the problem when they wanted to reform in 2000? It was up to the lawyers to work something out, to which of course, they never did?

Matt White
02-04-2005, 10:20 AM
I blame the sisters. Plain & Simple, just like them!

Roguesgirl
02-04-2005, 10:30 AM
I blame Ed. He has never been about the fans.

Carmine
02-04-2005, 10:42 AM
I blame everyone! Take your pick, cuz until we ALL have it, somebody is at fault!
Don't really need to assign the blame to anyone inparticular.

Don Corleone
02-04-2005, 01:02 PM
I blame Alex.

Atomic_Rob
02-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by moose
So blame them.

Definitely, hit the nail on the head. Record companies have shitloads of power over the artists, thats why so many bands get screwed over. They should demand the footage / recordings.

GAR
02-04-2005, 01:21 PM
I blame WB.

Terry
02-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Blaming WB and the sisters works for me.

Not too bothered by it, though.

If classic VH stuff other than the 6-pack gets released, I'll buy it. If they keep intermingling the eras, a la Best Of Both Worlds, well, I have no interest in paying for Van Hagar.

If not, will keep on scooping up boots and give WB and the sisters nada, zip, ziltch. And at this point I have a decent enough boot collection that it would have to be a stellar CVH release to get my wallet out.

Take a cue from Zep. They did it right.