What is the best concert you been in your life?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave IS VH

What is the best concert you been in your life?

What is the best concert, you been to in your life?, where wore you setting/Standing?, and the date, or year of the concert? If you want, you can share any special experiences such as, meeting the band back stage, etc.

The greatest concert, I've been to was from the Aerosmith,and Kiss tour, I sat 7'th row from stage (Main floor), the concert took place in Minneapolis , MN, and the Date was, November of 2003.

Please, try to give more then DLR/Classic VH answers, at less it's something really great.

We all know, Dave is the greatest singer of all time, and Classic VH is the greatest band of all time.
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I've only seen Dave once but musically my favorite concert was one by a Finnish progressive rock/Deep pop giant Wigwam, I saw them play in this small club two years ago...I've seen several of their concerts but this time they jammed for two and a half hours...it was amazing.

Anthrax was great last summer, first time I saw them...they were having fun and isn't that what it's all about?
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Seeing Dave in Vegas on July, 3 2001. I flew in from Yuma, AZ just to see the concert. I was quite drunk and I sat down, got up and pissed off some of the security when I stood up on my chair. Dave was at the top of his game at this concert. Here are some rothisms that I remember: (when he brought out a bottle of jack daniels) "my doctor told me that when I head out to the desert, that I'll need to drink some cool beverages" LOL! Here's another one: (when the wind started blowing hard on the stage) "Blow me mother nature!"

Sarge and I believe Von was there also. During the concert Sarge was over near the front row chatting with Neil Zlowzower and got to go backstage and meet Dave! I tried to bribe one of the security people to let me in backstage, but I gave up after a couple efforts. Plus the fact that one of the Clark county sheriffs was approaching so I split, some weirdo who looked like Steve Perry and dressed like Alex started to freak me out. There was also some whino in a wheel chair begging for Bart's autograph. It would have been better for me just to not try and get backstage in the first place. After that I drank a double shot of scotch in dissapointed, freaked out Conmee with my Al Jolson impersonation, then went into my room and passed out.

The next morning I decide to head down to the roulette wheel and make up for the couple hundred I lost the day before. When out of nowhere Diamond Dave comes walking by. So I say: Hey Dave WAZZUP!!! I chatted with him for a few minutes and shook hands with him. Left the camera in my room and didn't ask for an autograph because the last time I got one, it was from Emerson Fitapaldi and he wound up crashing his car the next day at MIS(michigan international speedway), then he retired.

Overall it was the best damn concert I've ever been to!

THE END

Comment

• Full Bug
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Thats a really hard one to answer, but the first one that comes to mind was the Iron Maiden Somewhere in Time tour, that show just blew me away, and I won front row centre tickets to Pink Floyd in the early 90's, to say that was a awesome experience doesnt even do it justice.....
        Oh yeah, and having 2'nd row centers to see Ozzy on the No Rest For The Wicked tour was great too, seeing Ozzy and Zakk perform close up was very cool, Ozzy even threw buckets of water on me like he does still at most shows.....
        Last edited by Full Bug; 02-12-2004, 11:58 AM.
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• pongracj

The best concert I have been to has to be the Sars Concert in Toronto, with AC/DC and The Rollling Stones. But a runner up would be Def Leppard in the summer.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Iron maiden/Halford in Glasgow 2000.

What a night of loud heavy metal classics.

MEGA!
            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• DLR7884
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Audioslave in a club in Philly was a great show.

I'm only 25, so good shows are few and far between these days.

Roger Waters "In The Flesh" show in 2000 was good too.

DLR7884
              Many others were good, but these are 2 of the better ones.
              Originally Posted by WARF:
              DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• High Life Man
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

Crowded House opening for Peter Gabriel. An amazing and vastly underrated band.

With AC/DC in 2001 a close second.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dave IS VH
                  The greatest concert, I've been to was from the Aerosmith,and Kiss tour, I sat 7'th row from stage (Main floor), the concert took place in Minneapolis , MN, and the Date was, November of 2003.
                  No disrespect intended bro, but just how old are you ??

What I mean is I saw that show also, in Greensboro, in November, and while I enjoyed the show, I can't put it anywhere near the best... The setlists were very average, a lot of the time they were just going through the motions....

Now I will say this, if that show had been in 1976, then you might have something !!!

But anyways, I know I'm breaking your rules, but there was no concert experience for me like May 20th, 1984, in San Diego....

Van Halen, in their prime, in their virtual backyard, jammed packed house, radio station playing nothing but VH all weekend long...

My tickets were in the upper deck, but by the time the house lights went down, me and my buddy were about 20 feet or so from Eddie when he launched into "Unchained"....

BTW, the next night the tape of that showed ended up being the "Sundown in San Diego" bootleg....

I'll never forget it...
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

Believe it or not the best concert Ive seen was The Dead Milkmen in 91 or 92. They put on one hell of a show!
                    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

if you like alternative or punk...check em out.
                      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I cant believe that im saying this, but the best concert that I have ever been to was the Rolling Stones in Foxboro, Mass. in 1998. I was never a Stones fan, but someone gave me a ticket, and it turned out to be incredable. I was on stage right and one time Mick came running over to my side and I ran down the steps and high-fived Mick Jagger... Thos old men never once slowed down. I walked away so impressed by Mick and the boys...(I still dont own a single Stones album, though...)
                        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave IS VH

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          No disrespect intended bro, but just how old are you ??

What I mean is I saw that show also, in Greensboro, in November, and while I enjoyed the show, I can't put it anywhere near the best... The setlists were very average, a lot of the time they were just going through the motions....

Now I will say this, if that show had been in 1976, then you might have something !!!

But anyways, I know I'm breaking your rules, but there was no concert experience for me like May 20th, 1984, in San Diego....

Van Halen, in their prime, in their virtual backyard, jammed packed house, radio station playing nothing but VH all weekend long...

My tickets were in the upper deck, but by the time the house lights went down, me and my buddy were about 20 feet or so from Eddie when he launched into "Unchained"....

BTW, the next night the tape of that showed ended up being the "Sundown in San Diego" bootleg....

I'll never forget it...

yeah, It was more the fact that I had, those kick ass seats, and it was the first time in life I seen Kiss.

I also seen Dave Twice, during the 2001 tour, and got front row both times.

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Two concerts that I'll always remember, Metallica in Melbourne, this was just after the release of Master of Puppets, probably around 86 ? So the setlist was the first three albums ! My bass player and myself at the time managed to push our way to the front of the crowd during the support act, this was a bad move. When Metallica came on the crowd surged and we were pushe against this six foot barrier. I remember thinking I was going to die, I couldnt breathe for shit. ANyways, security realized what was going down and managed to get everyone back. I got the fuck out of there and moved back where it was a bit safer. The show kicked ass, Metallica at their absolute best.
                            Probably 40,000 fans, packed venue.

The second was Ozzy from the "No more tours" era. I think it was 98. I remember the lineup was Zakk, Mike Inez, and Randy Castillo.
                            They bought a very basic setup to Australia. But it Rocked ! Ozzy attracted a strange crowd in Sydney, everyone looked like they were tripping or on some kinds of drugs. But they were great, really on the night I saw them.
                            Around 30,000 fans.

Unfortunately no Van Halen to report ! The only chance I got was Van Cherone a few years back. And they could stick that up their clackers. As much as I wanted to see Ed play live for the first time, without the original band they could get fucked. I dont think they got great attendances in Sydney either...
                            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Hey bro, I banged a waitress in Melbourne about 20 years ago....

Tell the blond working at the Hippodrome I said hello !!!!

Hehehehehe.....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...