PDA

View Full Version : The Godfather Returns...

Carmine
02-07-2005, 03:22 PM
I just picked up a hard copy of this "new" novel. I am only a few chapters in, but, the story is set in 1955. "Inside" of Tessio's betrayal of Micheal( one of the first things to occur is Tessios whacking...) before the move to Nevada...some new characters...some old....details the setup of the 5 New York bosses...gives more deatils of Godfather, GodFather 2.

It has been a very interesting read so far. Is anybody else reading this? What da ya think?

bueno bob
02-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Not yet, but I'm on it! ;)

Carmine
02-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Not yet, but I'm on it! ;)

Written by Mark Weingardner, and the estate of Mario Puzo.

Lemme know what ya think Bob. When you grab it...

smaz
02-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I didn't know The Godfather had left. Welcome back, he makes some interesting posts.

loss of fools
02-07-2005, 06:10 PM
umm not many books grab my intrested but i might just have to check this out.

PhilFlappoRogan
02-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Is there any mention of the big wet stinky pussy WARF sucking cocks in that novel ?

Grant
02-10-2005, 02:17 AM
Cool!

Does it mention anything about the death of Clemenza? In Part II said it was a "heart attack" and Willi Cicci denied that it was. Did the Rasotto brothers have something to do with that?

Rikk
02-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Is this the same Grant that used to run the VHND?? How you doin', bro?:)

Grant
02-10-2005, 02:28 AM
Nah mate, just a useless impostor. You might remember me as Rovus from the Links. I guess shoulda used that name again here.

BTW, I'm really diggin' this site! :cool:

Carmine
02-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Grant
Cool!

Does it mention anything about the death of Clemenza? In Part II said it was a "heart attack" and Willi Cicci denied that it was. Did the Rasotto brothers have something to do with that?

Not yet...I'm only on chapter 7...Clemenza is still alive and coping with the "loss" of his good friend Tesio...He is also moving into Vito's (Michaels) house...
right now, Michael has dispatched Tom Hagan to "shore up" the father of the Govenor of New Jersey and an old friend of his fathers...Nick Geraci (new character) Soldato(soldier) for the Corleone Family has been sent to deny ANY involvement of the deaths of Barzini, Tattaglia, Stracci, Cuneo and Moe Green by the Corleones at a small Commission meeting in Chicago( Its small cause Mike had em all whacked!) Al Neri, Fredo and Johnny Fontaine are banging EVERYTHING in Vegas and Michael and Kay are "resting" in Tahoe...

Carmine
02-10-2005, 03:42 PM
The thing I like is how this book is interwoven with things you know from Godfather I and II ...gives a new meaning to important events.

UGS
10-23-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm reading it right now. . .too early to speak much on the subject, but so far so good! Maybe it will lead the way for a fourth movie?

Terry
10-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Flipped through it. It was ok.

Really good, and oftenoverlooked, book far as Puzo goes is The Fourth K.

Grant
10-26-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by UGS
I'm reading it right now. . .too early to speak much on the subject, but so far so good! Maybe it will lead the way for a fourth movie?

Mario Puzo said before he died if he had studio control, he would love to have a 4th instalment made. Having the premise with Vincent (Andy Garcia) continuing the Corleone dynasty which has an ultimate downfall in the end. Whilst at the same time, showing the "rise of the Corleones" during the 1920s with Prohibition and when Sonny becomes a murderer, integrating the story with father and son like Part II did.