PDA

View Full Version : There's a David Lee Roth in all of us!

Anonymous
02-08-2005, 01:18 AM
Sounds lame, but hey... it's the fuckin' truth!

Damn, you know what? Today, at a bar here in Pias (damn fine town to live in - small, but every weekend EVERYONE gets drunk and parties like there's no tomorrow) there was a karaoke and playback contest. Being that I also work in a bar, I arrived too late to make an inscription. I was planning to playback Blind Guardian's Surfin' USA with full band plus two sexy girls dancing, but they wouldn't let us.

So there I stayed, all fucked up. Until at one time, they played a portuguese rock/punk song by Xutos & Pontapés, and all my friends were on the stage. I jumped up, and grabbed the karaoke mic. I started 'singing' and jumping and the rest - like mimicking Dave's stuff. Next thing I knew, I was alone on stage, with everybody shouting my name, except for this one guy who was playing air guitar.

I decided to go along with the gag the gag, and so did the DJ. Three songs later - all rock and metal of course - I 'hired' a drummer - married guy, with kids - and had people buying me beer. Girls (hot) were in the front line, singing - or trying to (it was rock/metal, remember) - whenever I pointed the mic at them.

At first, I naturally thought they were just joking, as I don't really find myself worthy of stepping on a stage. But the reactions afterwards convinced me otherwise... Sadly, even though I kept asking for classic VH songs - even Jump (the most commercial) would do (and how) - the DJ had none of this wonderful stuff... well, fuck him!

Anyway, what I'm trying to say with this thread, is that WE ALL here at the forums, can try to be as good as DAVE, - read better than any other frontman - if we put our mind and souls to it and we're perfectly drunk enough fer it!

Share your opinions trying to be Dave-like here. If noone else, I'd like to read them.

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
02-08-2005, 01:25 AM
The above post was edited because of several spelling mistakes, due both to my drunkenness and my forgetfulfness - derived theroef - of pressing the 'chek spelling' or wahtever button.

Fabulous Shadow
02-08-2005, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't mind a little David Lee Roth inside of me...

Hey, someone had to say it!

guwapo_rocker
02-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ImapusSylicker
The above post was edited because of several spelling mistakes, due both to my drunkenness and my forgetfulfness - derived theroef - of pressing the 'chek spelling' or wahtever button.

You need another drink!!

smaz
02-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Some guy in my class was a David Lee Roth fan and didn't know it. Honestly.

I played him Yankee Rose, which is off the very popular Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and he said 'I love this song!' He didn't know it was DLR, probably because he didn't read the manual to find out who sang that amazing song like we did :D He also liked the rest of DLRs Very Best :D

Anonymous
02-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
You need another drink!!

Already took care of it, with a glass of mighty fine Ballantine's. You know smaz, I only started listening to DLR and CVH after playing Vice City. That's because the only contact I had with VH was the gay years, and as I already said somewhere in the forums, apart from FUCK, I HATED it. I can't tell if I'd like FUCK right now, since the last time I listened to it I was only about 12, I think...

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
I wouldn't mind a little David Lee Roth inside of me...

Hey, someone had to say it!

And you did, Fabulous. But do you think he can still get it up? I mean, how old is he nowadays? 60?

Anonymous
02-08-2005, 07:38 PM
I can't tell if I'd like FUCK right now

Did I just post that???

Cheers! :bottle: