PDA

View Full Version : WWE Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

monkeythe
10-14-2005, 05:55 PM
When JR returns from his 18th firing, I just hope he doesn't bring back fake Diesel & fake Razor Ramon like he did a few years back.
As far as this firing humiliating him, wasn't it worse a few years ago when he had to kiss Vince's ass and then was ridden like a horse by Vince.

Soul Reaper
10-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by monkeythe
When JR returns from his 18th firing, I just hope he doesn't bring back fake Diesel & fake Razor Ramon like he did a few years back.
As far as this firing humiliating him, wasn't it worse a few years ago when he had to kiss Vince's ass and then was ridden like a horse by Vince.

I don't know why he didn't quit the WWE after being subjected to that....

bueno bob
10-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
I don't know why he didn't quit the WWE after being subjected to that....

Because apparently Vince McMahon is the fucking emperor of all things pro wrestling...all things that PAY, anyway...and most of his employees are spineless, snivelling sycophants with no sense of pride. That's the only thing I can guess. Otherwise, why do all these out of work wrestlers talk so much shit about him and the WWE when they don't have a contract, only to be singing his praises as God's gift to the world six months later when they do? It's honestly pathetic. Ultimate Warrior was an ass for talking shit about Bobby Heenan (well, talking shit about somebody is fine in my book, but he REALLY hit below the belt with his comments, IMO), but he was spot-on about Vince McMahon and that power he holds over some people.

Either way, this whole thing is probably a work, anyway.

If not...

BRING ON TONY SCHIAVONE!!! :D

OK, maybe not. ;)

Anonymous
10-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Well, you're right there Bob... if you're in Pro-Wrestling, you either work for Vince or you might as well work at McDonald's.

But look on the bright side: Vince is only a man. He's bound to die eventually. Just like Cena. :)

Cheers! :bottle:

rustoffa
10-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

OK, maybe not. ;)

He's on the local AM morning newscast here. It's all about Chippers' latest hamstring pull.

Soul Reaper
10-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Well, you're right there Bob... if you're in Pro-Wrestling, you either work for Vince or you might as well work at McDonald's.

But look on the bright side: Vince is only a man. He's bound to die eventually. Just like Cena. :)

LMFAO!

bueno bob
10-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
He's on the local AM morning newscast here. It's all about Chippers' latest hamstring pull.

Well, it's good that he has work :)

Honestly, I always liked the guy from the old Nitro days...

4moreyears
10-16-2005, 03:21 PM
I still am amazed at how many dumb shits watch this crap. YOu have a total fucking dumb ass to think this is a sport.

Mr Badguy
10-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
I still am amazed at how many dumb shits watch this crap. YOu have a total fucking dumb ass to think this is a sport.

Hey, how many "dumb shits" watch soap operas every week?

It`s called entertainment.

I don`t give a fuck if you don`t like it.

Get to fuck.

Soul Reaper
10-17-2005, 02:45 PM

We know it isn't a sport.....look at the company name World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT.....

rustoffa
10-17-2005, 09:10 PM

druhhhhh....I'ba cant'ba findba the cannelba...where didba RAW goba?

Vinnie Velvet
10-18-2005, 09:36 AM

Yeah, Even while Vince was wearing JR's cowboy hat!!

LOL.

Anonymous
10-22-2005, 08:55 PM
YES! FINALLY! EuroSport has got TNA Wrestling on Saturdays at 6:30 PM IN FOOKIN' PORTUGUESE!

I can finally feel this country moving on to grater heights...

Soul Reaper
10-23-2005, 07:29 AM
any ideas for a sign I should bring to a Smackdown event, guys?

I'm going in November....

I've thought of '..... is a SMEG HEAD' (I dunno who to put in the dotted line though, I haven't watched wrestling recently)

any other ideas?

Soul Reaper
10-24-2005, 10:15 AM
anyone know how to make a David Lee Roth CAW on Smackdown vs Raw or any other Smackdown game?

Full Bug
10-24-2005, 06:17 PM

If not...

OK, maybe not. ;)
Damm, you had me worried there for a second reading that, hell fucking no, no no no nononononononononono
Am I clear on how I feel about Tony? I hope so......(lol):D

Mr Badguy
10-24-2005, 11:30 PM
I still think the JR thing is a work.

And it will draw nothing but bad heat.

Good thing they`ve got Stone Cold back to shift tickets.

twonabomber
10-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Steph looks like shit.

Soul Reaper
10-27-2005, 08:24 AM
YES! FINALLY! EuroSport has got TNA Wrestling on Saturdays at 6:30 PM IN FOOKIN' PORTUGUESE!

I can finally feel this country moving on to grater heights...

EuroSport had TNA Wrestling?

Dave's Bitch
10-27-2005, 10:18 AM
i hate TNA

Vinnie Velvet
10-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
i hate TNA

Me too.

Don't like that octagon shape to the ring they have.

How ya doin', DB!

Dave's Bitch
10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Me too.

How ya doin', DB!

that ring is the stoopidest idea EVER.i think they suck so much,i mean how stoopid they had a ppv where EVERY match was cage match didnt they?.and its basicaly the new WWE retirment home (wcw used to be).all the old broken down shit who cant hang with the big boys in wwe go there.i mean i was watching it the other day and i saw jeff hardy and it was sad to watch,that guy used to be good to watch because he would do crazy shit,now he is all broken down and a slow shadow of what he was.now that wouldnt be so bad if he coverd it up by being a good wrestler,but he just isnt.double J is there Triple H backstage aswell i heard.ugh they suck

im not bad VV,thanks for asking :), and yourself?

Anonymous
10-27-2005, 12:13 PM
EuroSport had TNA Wrestling?

It does, it does!

Well, in Portugal anyway. Check their site for UK programming.

Anonymous
10-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Me too.

How ya doin', DB!

Hexagon. Six sides.

You blonde, Vinnie? :D

Anonymous
10-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Me too.

How ya doin', DB!

By the way, the shape of the ring gives wrestlers the possibility of pulling off extremely interesting moves.

What bugs me is the lack of rehearsal the matches have. While some wrestlers ARE fast, the matches themselves are incredibly slow and look so fake they're probably real. :rofl:

Anonymous
10-27-2005, 12:22 PM
double J is there Triple H backstage aswell i heard.ugh they suck

What? HHH backstage on TNA? Doin' what?

Dave's Bitch
10-27-2005, 12:24 PM
What? HHH backstage on TNA? Doin' what?

sorry,probably a spelling error by me,i ment to say Double J is the NWA version of Triple H backstage

Anonymous
10-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Ah... Kewl. And on the ring? Is he as good a wrestler as Triple H? Or just a bitchy poser like Masters?

I only watched one a... erm... what do they call their episodes?

So I don't really know any of their wrestlers. Kash Kid seems kewl, though. Heel, isn't he?

Dave's Bitch
10-27-2005, 12:36 PM
i like Kid Kash,he is a good wrestler.in the ring Double J SUCKS,he can wrestle a bit but he isn't entertaining at all imo.atleast with Triple H its kinda believable that he is always in the title scene because he earned his spot there and has been there for ever.Jarrett use to dress like an effin' christmas tree (back in wwe) and isnt good on the mic.
i dont like him at all

Vinnie Velvet
10-27-2005, 01:00 PM

Hexagon. Six sides.

You blonde, Vinnie? :D

Ha! Good one.

I may have watched a couple of seconds of TNA so I wasn't completely sure on the shape of the ring.

Thanks for correcting me!

Dave's Bitch
10-27-2005, 04:40 PM
:(

you checked your pm's vinnie???

Dave's Bitch
10-27-2005, 04:54 PM
raw was embarrassing this week.fucking vince and his "funny" vid he played.that was so long and painfully unfunny.i gave it a curtesy half laugh at first,then 5 mins later i was bored of it.the mick foley bit was STOOPID.yet again he gets his ass beat.its pathetic.mick has to play this little bitch who get his ass beat by fucking carlito (don't get me started on him).
Raw sucks so bad rite now

Vinnie Velvet
10-27-2005, 05:17 PM
:(

you checked your pm's vinnie???

I did.

I replied to you.

:)

Dave's Bitch
10-27-2005, 05:26 PM
I did.

I replied to you.

you did???

i dont got it :( :( :(

Anonymous
10-28-2005, 12:46 AM
raw was embarrassing this week.fucking vince and his "funny" vid he played.that was so long and painfully unfunny.i gave it a curtesy half laugh at first,then 5 mins later i was bored of it.the mick foley bit was STOOPID.yet again he gets his ass beat.its pathetic.mick has to play this little bitch who get his ass beat by fucking carlito (don't get me started on him).
Raw sucks so bad rite now

Hey, Carlito's big time right now. Besides, he's COOL. I view him as a young version of Ric Flair. Which he is.

Speaking of which, how's the feud between HHH and Natch? I get WWE one month behind here in Portugal, and that's fine... gives me time to download the PPVs and watch them in the proper cronological order, but I'm so interested in this particular feud I can't wait.

After all, Triple H and Ric Flair ARE my favorite all time wrestlers.

Well, if you don't count Christy Hemme, of course. And Trish. I'm a big fan of Trish Stratus. Oh, and Lita. Then there's Candice Michelle, of course. And Victoria. Let's not forget her. And whatever happened to Gail Kim? I never got to see her on TV. Only in a couple of matches I downloaded. She was GRATE! Stacy! And Dawn Marie!

Hmmm... Guess Hunter and the nature Boy are far from being my favorite wrestlers, after all. But how IS the feud between 'em?

monkeythe
10-28-2005, 05:02 AM
The feud with Flair goes like this:
-Raw Homecoming - HHH turns on Flair after match and beats him up severely
- Next Week: HHH gives long ass promo about how Naitch is just a shell of himself
- The folloeing week: Flair gives a promo in the ring then busts open the cut on his face and smears blood all over his face. HHH comes to the ramp to finsih the job and Flair grabs a bat from under the ring and chases HHH
- This week: HHH is set to fight Viscera, Flair jumps him on the way to the ring. Flair is in the ring by himself and begs the fans to vote for a steel cage match at Taboo Tuesday

monkeythe
10-28-2005, 05:03 AM
Gail Kim is in TNA

Anonymous
10-28-2005, 10:44 AM
The feud with Flair goes like this:
-Raw Homecoming - HHH turns on Flair after match and beats him up severely
- Next Week: HHH gives long ass promo about how Naitch is just a shell of himself
- The folloeing week: Flair gives a promo in the ring then busts open the cut on his face and smears blood all over his face. HHH comes to the ramp to finsih the job and Flair grabs a bat from under the ring and chases HHH
- This week: HHH is set to fight Viscera, Flair jumps him on the way to the ring. Flair is in the ring by himself and begs the fans to vote for a steel cage match at Taboo Tuesday

So it all comes down to Taboo Tuesday, eh? Kewl, a PPV I'm actually looking forward to.

Gail Kim is in TNA

If I ever needed a reason to watch that piece of crap, TNA, I sure have it now! But why was she fired frim WWE?

Dave's Bitch
10-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey, Carlito's big time right now. Besides, he's COOL. I view him as a young version of Ric Flair. Which he is.

How?

Soul Reaper
10-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Can someone please tell me what's going on on Smackdown recently?

I can't be bothered putting myself through the torture of watching it on TV.....and it's gibberish on WWE.com.....although I am going too see it LIVE in Sheffield, which will be a treat :rolleyes:.....I suppose you're wondering why I'm going.....well, it's better than doing nothing....I suppose it'll be a laugh watching the marks and of course, the wrestling.....maybe it's different watching it live.....

why have i just gone into a speech?!

monkeythe
10-30-2005, 03:17 AM
Can someone please tell me what's going on on Smackdown recently?

I can't be bothered putting myself through the torture of watching it on TV.....and it's gibberish on WWE.com.....although I am going too see it LIVE in Sheffield, which will be a treat :rolleyes:.....I suppose you're wondering why I'm going.....well, it's better than doing nothing....I suppose it'll be a laugh watching the marks and of course, the wrestling.....maybe it's different watching it live.....

why have i just gone into a speech?!

When my about site goes live, that will be the best place on the web to follow this shit quickly. I promise not to have recap of the shows that take longer to read then watch the show. Till then, this is a quick recap:
- Batista (the champ) has been hanging around with Eddie Guerrero who is trying to prove he is good now.
- The SD guys (Hardy, JBL & Mysterio ) are involved in a feud with Raw stars Edge & Chris Masters
- The Ortons have been feuding with Piper, Batista, & Guerrero since burning the UT in a casket
- MNM are the new tag team champs
- They started a midget wrestling division
- There is a new guy named Lashley who is going to be the next big superstar.
-If you're lucky, you'll see the Boogy Man

As far as the Gail Kim firing goes, I imagine it was due to budget cuts because of their losing millions due to leaving Spike TV.

By the way, you should have a great time at the show. Even if the show sucks, there is never any reason not to enjoy yourself when at an event with friends. SOmetimes it is more enjoyable watching shitty matches live then good ones. One of the best times I ever had at a match (and I've been to a shitload of matches) was the suckfest known as Lesnar-Goldberg.

By the way, after the show let us know how it was.

Dave's Bitch
10-31-2005, 10:02 AM
:hogan:

monkeythe
11-01-2005, 01:36 AM
This could have been one of the worst days to be a fan of WWE

- CHRISTIAN QUIT
- TORRIE WILSON FIRED
- AUSTIN TAKES HIS BALL AND GOES HOME AGAIN

Dave's Bitch
11-01-2005, 02:50 AM
This could have been one of the worst days to be a fan of WWE

- CHRISTIAN QUIT
- TORRIE WILSON FIRED

why'd christian quit?

glad torrie wilson is fired

figured austin might have done something like that because of the poor "he had an accident" crap vince gave us

Full Bug
11-01-2005, 08:58 AM

You want to know why?
Steve Austin was told he was going to do the job for Jonathan Coachman on Saturday and refused. Apparently he also found out that Jim Ross also wasn't returning as Raw announcer despite how the angle was playing on television.
They brought back Steve
Austin without even telling him what he was doing, and then wanted him to
lose his first match in years to Jonathan Coachman? Why would Steve Austin
want to be a part of such idiocy? And why would you want to do that in the
first place?
I dont blame Austin one bit, losing to Coach, give me a fucking break, WWE is going downhill fast, reminds me of WCW in its dying days, Vince has completly lost touch with what the fans want, and reality for that matter....

Vinnie Velvet
11-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Full Bug
You want to know why?
Steve Austin was told he was going to do the job for Jonathan Coachman on Saturday and refused. Apparently he also found out that Jim Ross also wasn't returning as Raw announcer despite how the angle was playing on television.
They brought back Steve
Austin without even telling him what he was doing, and then wanted him to
lose his first match in years to Jonathan Coachman? Why would Steve Austin
want to be a part of such idiocy? And why would you want to do that in the
first place?
I dont blame Austin one bit, losing to Coach, give me a fucking break, WWE is going downhill fast, reminds me of WCW in its dying days, Vince has completly lost touch with what the fans want, and reality for that matter....

Oh man...

What the hell is Vince thinking???

Not much I guess.

That sucks.

Dave's Bitch
11-01-2005, 12:51 PM
they were gonna have mark henry make his come back as coach's bodyguard.Austin was gonna lose because of him.

Soul Reaper
11-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Midget Wrestling?!
Torrie Wilson fired?!
MNM are tag champs?!
Christian fired?!
Austin leaves again after losing to coach?!

yes, the WWE is dying....

Mr Badguy
11-01-2005, 01:57 PM
I think Austin would have been clued up about the JR stuff so that probably doesn`t really come into it.

Why bring him back to job to Coachman?

The biggest draw in wrestling history and you bring him back to get an ANNOUNCER over in a PPV match?

It doesn`t make any sense no matter how you look at it.

Austin will put his neck (no pun intended) on the line every time he steps through the ropes for a match and to have him in a joke match likie this beggars belief.

Austin V Coachman ain`t gonna sell tickets.

Austin V Hogan, Austin V HHH, Austin V Michaels, Austin V Angle, Austin V Undertaker...now that`s a main event and a licence for Vince to print money.

Soul Reaper
11-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Not that the marks care....they'll follow Vince no matter what he does....

monkeythe
11-01-2005, 07:05 PM
In a big coincidence, a few weeks after Dusty signs to work for WWE, Goldust makes his big return.
If you needed proof that SD was the b-show, Batista was laid out by The Coach, Goldust & Vader. By the way, I thought it would have been impossible for Vader to be any fatter than he was at the end of his last WWF run. I was wrong.
As far as Torrie Wilson goes, it was announced that she wasn't fired but will return when her "family issues" are solved. I wonder if it involves her step-mom Dawn Marie

Dave's Bitch
11-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Goldust will be gone soon.the WWE can never think of anything for him to do so ya

rustoffa
11-01-2005, 10:44 PM
In a big coincidence, a few weeks after Dusty signs to work for WWE, Goldust makes his big return.

Thank god they're a family again!;)

Vinnie Velvet
11-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Can't see why Cena still retained the title.

HBK should've been given the belt or even Angle, just to get some respectablity back to the WWE.

And how many more times will we see Michaels compete in title matches and never actually win it??

Since losing the World title to HHH on only his third PPV match (Armageddon, December 2002) since returning after four years, HBK has been in many title matches but has never won!

That pisses me off.

Soul Reaper
11-02-2005, 01:03 PM
HBK should've been given the belt or even Angle, just to get some respectablity back to the WWE.

It's too late for WWE to gain respectability now....it needs a miracle...

Dave's Bitch
11-02-2005, 01:17 PM
it needs a miracle...

it needs a good champ

PhilFlappoRogan
11-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Wrasslin is the ghey and you fucks are gayer than a dick sandwich.

Soul Reaper
11-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by PhilFlappoRogan
Wrasslin is the ghey and you fucks are gayer than a dick sandwich.

and i'm sure you know what a dick sandwich is like then?!

bueno bob
11-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Midget Wrestling?!
Torrie Wilson fired?!
MNM are tag champs?!
Christian fired?!
Austin leaves again after losing to coach?!

yes, the WWE is dying....

Maybe it'll set us up for another Monday night battle...the problem is, there's nothing to compete with WWE at this point.

Dave's Bitch
11-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Maybe it'll set us up for another Monday night battle...the problem is, there's nothing to compete with WWE at this point.

theres the fantastic TNA

WARF
11-02-2005, 05:41 PM
I agree TNA is a legitimate rival now they have the TV deal.

Dave's Bitch
11-02-2005, 05:46 PM
if TNA want to be a serious rival they are gonna have to knuckle down and really work on a few things

WARF
11-02-2005, 06:22 PM
The wrestling ring looks ridiculous first for starters.

monkeythe
11-02-2005, 08:45 PM
I got the Jake Roberts DVD yesterday. It's pretty sick. The first 20 minutes when he describes his life growing up is very fucked up. The documentary might be the best they have ever done and the extras are pretty cool. By the way the Ventura edit is in affect here for the WM 3 match vs HTM and the HH match against Sting.

I was going to buy the WM box set yesterday but my wife was very adamant that I don't get it. SInce she is never like that I was able to weasel it out of her that someone has bought it already as my X-Mas gift.

Anonymous
11-03-2005, 01:11 AM
Can't see why Cena still retained the title.

And how many more times will we see Michaels compete in title matches and never actually win it??

Since losing the World title to HHH on only his third PPV match (Armageddon, December 2002) since returning after four years, HBK has been in many title matches but has never won!

That pisses me off.

The only reason Cena still retains the title is his CD. I'm assuming it was paid for by the WWE, and the longer Cena retains the title, the longer it will sell. Only problem is, Cena will - if he hasn't already - burn out with all of this. Most people are fed up with him since August. Who can forget everyone booing when Cena got out of the Walls of Jericho, shouting "that was 3" when Cena was pinned for just a moment too long, and the extended middle fingers throughout the arena when he finally beat Jericho?

It'll take a WHOLE LOT to keep Cena up when he loses that belt. But noone will probably care. Buh-bye Cena... hope it's really soon.

And I agree with your views on HBK. He deserves another go as WWE Champion after all he's been put through with Hogan and Masters and the like. Besides, I've never even got to see him as Champion... :D

Anonymous
11-03-2005, 01:13 AM

theres the fantastic TNA

Originally posted by WARF
I agree TNA is a legitimate rival now they have the TV deal.

Not so sure... TNA Wrestling still looks pretty ridiculous... I don't think they'll be a serious threat to WWE any time soon. They'll have to improve quite a bit first. At least, in my opinion.

Anonymous
11-03-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by WARF
The wrestling ring looks ridiculous first for starters.

You know, that's the only thing I dig about TNA, the hexagonal ring. Kinda separates Wrestling from the other fight sports, makes it unique.

Well, even more, that is.

Full Bug
11-03-2005, 09:07 AM
By the way the Ventura edit is in affect here for the WM 3 match vs HTM and the HH match against Sting.

I was going to buy the WM box set yesterday but my wife was very adamant that I don't get it. SInce she is never like that I was able to weasel it out of her that someone has bought it already as my X-Mas gift.
The reason I wouldnt get it is because Jesse isnt in it....
I already have a box set going up to 17, its VHS though....

Soul Reaper
11-03-2005, 02:32 PM
I like the hexagonal ring, contrary to what you guys think....it makes a change from the boring old square.....next, they'll probably have a triangle shaped ring (which is bad, actually)....

....what about a ring in the shape of a naked woman?

monkeythe
11-06-2005, 12:37 AM
The reason I wouldnt get it is because Jesse isnt in it....
I already have a box set going up to 17, its VHS though....

I think I confused you by what I wrote earlier. The Jesse edit is in affect for the Jake Roberts DVD. He is on all the WM DVD's. The only edits to the WM discs that I have heard about are the blurring of the scratch logo and a few instances of entrance songs being changed.

Anonymous
11-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey guys, I need a lil' help. A local radio station is giving away tickets to attend the "Smackdown vs. RAW 2006" game release in Manchester, followed by a RAW event and a backstage "party". The contest consists of making up a stage name and a finishing move. So far I've nailed the name - same as I'm using here :D - and a submission hold, but I can't figureout an high impact move like a "Stunner" or a "Pedigree" or even a "Sweet Chin Music". Can you guys help a brother out?

By the way, if you have name suggestions, post 'em away. I don't think those pricks will get the beauty of my name. Or maybe they will, and that's precisely what I should worry about... :rofl:

monkeythe
11-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Best of luck with the contest. As far as the name thing goes, the latest 2 superstars to debut were Dr. Heiny on last weeks Raw and The Dicks, http://www.wwe.com/shows/webshows/velocity/ , on this weeks Velocity. Using these trends, I'd name myself The Ballsack and use a modified bronco buster as the finishing move but call it the T Bag.

Soul Reaper
11-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Hey guys, I need a lil' help. A local radio station is giving away tickets to attend the "Smackdown vs. RAW 2006" game release in Manchester, followed by a RAW event and a backstage "party". The contest consists of making up a stage name and a finishing move. So far I've nailed the name - same as I'm using here :D - and a submission hold, but I can't figureout an high impact move like a "Stunner" or a "Pedigree" or even a "Sweet Chin Music". Can you guys help a brother out?

By the way, if you have name suggestions, post 'em away. I don't think those pricks will get the beauty of my name. Or maybe they will, and that's precisely what I should worry about... :rofl:

how about "The Pussy Galore" as your finisher?

monkeythe
11-08-2005, 03:03 PM
My wrestling site has finally gone live. It's still in development phase as I have a few things I still want to do to it. Feedback is welcome and if anyone has any ideas of anything they'd like to see please let me know. I also have to produce a weekly newsletter so if there is anything you'd like to see in that please let me know.

http://prowrestling.about.com/

WARF
11-08-2005, 03:09 PM
I have to bookmark that site thanks!

Mr Badguy
11-08-2005, 05:03 PM
My wrestling site has finally gone live. It's still in development phase as I have a few things I still want to do to it. Feedback is welcome and if anyone has any ideas of anything they'd like to see please let me know. I also have to produce a weekly newsletter so if there is anything you'd like to see in that please let me know.

Cool stuff, man.

I will be checking it out regularly.

Fairwrning
11-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Using these trends, I'd name myself The Ballsack and use a modified bronco buster as the finishing move but call it the T Bag.

LMFAO...holy shit..I actually laughed out loud when I read that...

rustoffa
11-08-2005, 07:39 PM

Looks good man!

Full Bug
11-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Bret Hart answers all the same questions about all the same topics. Flair, HHH, Michaels, Hogan, Survivor Series, Survivor Series, Survivor Series

Ringsidefest Convention - 11/5/05
Bret Hart Q & A Session
Reported by: Paul Nemer & Adam Martin of WrestleView.com

Paul Nemer, Adam Martin and friends attended the Bret Hart Q & A segment along with the picture and autograph signings. A good portion of the following questions were asked by WrestleView and friends and the rest were asked by those in attendance.

Tim Ash from Ohio Valley Wrestling started off the Q & A session talking about how he got involved in the wrestling business through his figures collection. Asked the fans what wrestling figures they'd like to see next. In a funny moment, Ash's cell phone rang while he was on stage and his ringer was a recorded voice of Hulk Hogan telling him to answer his phone. A fan yelled out that he was a mark and Ash admitted. In regards to OVW, Ash talked about how his mentor Jim Cornette was fired and how Paul Heyman was brought in. He mentioned how much OVW has changed and that Matt Capotelli (Tough Enough winner) would be coming up to the SmackDown brand any day now. He added that CM Punk has a big attitude problem and "won't shake anyone's hand." Ash ran down a list of former OVW talent that made it big like Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Batista, Shelton Benjamin, Eugene, Rob Conway, Rene Dupree, Chris Masters, Muhammad Hassan and Khosrow Daivari. Some "We want Bret" chants started and he had no other choice but to introduce him.

Bret's classic music played and he got a big standing ovation from the crowd in New York. Hart sat down and thanked everyone for their support. On to the questions...

How did he and Shawn started hating each other?
Bret responded, "I was always a decent guy and Shawn was just an asshole."

Would he be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006?
Bret stated he didn't think it would happen by next year, although he was given offers. He added, "If I did anything for WWE ever again, it would have to be at Madison Square Garden."

His thoughts on Curt Hennig.
Bret said that Hennig was a great wrestler and a professional who always gave you 100%.

What's your favorite match?
Against the British Bulldog at SummerSlam 1992 in Wembley, Stadium in front of 82,000 fans.

If he would ever face Kurt Angle.
He wished that he could, but he can't.

Asked if anyone is similar to him in the business.
Bret says the fans would be the best judge of that and added that there will always be one Bret Hart.

His reaction to his music and titantron being played on WWE RAW on August 15 in Montreal.
Bret said he didn't worry about his music being played that much. He added that he got a voicemail from the WWE saying they were going to use his music or video in some way that night. Bret said there was really nothing he could do about it and the WWE does not need his approval on what they do. He said he is at peace with WWE right now though.

What he thinks about Shawn Michaels saying that he would never step foot in a WWE ring ever again?
Bret said Shawn was right and that due to his concussion problem and suffering a stroke that it would never be possible.

Who was your toughest opponent?
The Undertaker.

About his time in WCW.
Bret said he never had fun in WCW and was shaking his head the entire time he was there. He added, "that shows why they are out of business right now."

About his backstage fight with Shawn Michaels.
Bret described the whole fight as "two girls fighting" and that it wasn't much. Although he was spinning Michaels around by the hair. He stated that he never forgave Shawn for what he did to him in 1997. The fan that asked the question said she confronted Shawn about it a while ago and Shawn said he was told to do it by Vince McMahon and that it wasn't his fault. Bret's response (which got laughs from the crowd) was, "Well that shows you what kind of a Christian he really is."

If he would ever return to WWE TV?
Bret said he isn't sure if he really would want to come back and isn't sure what the fans want from him other than to see him stand in a ring and speak to them.

His best friend in the business?
Jim Neidhart. He goes on to say that he and the Anvil never had a single argument and that Neidhart would put on a show backstage and at airports and was fun to be around.

How hard was it to beat Yokozuna?
Everyone started laughing when this question was asked, but we couldn't blame the questioner since he was a little kid. Bret answered by saying that it was a pleasure to beat him.

Who he would pick as a tag team partner today?
This question was asked by a younger kid in the crowd who asked Bret who he would team with if he could take on current World Tag Team Champions Big Show & Kane: Matt Hardy or Hardcore Holly. This got some laughs from the crowd and Hart smiled saying he would go with Matt Hardy.

His thoughts on TNA and if he would ever go there.
Bret said he has a lot of respect for TNA, but is content in how he left the wrestling business and isn't looking for an on-air role right now.

His thoughts on Ring of Honor.
Bret said he has seen some footage, but doesn't know much about it so he didn't feel he was able to comment much.

Would he mind if one of his kids got into wrestling?
Bret responds, "If they're happy, I'm happy."

Any upcoming plans for him?
He talked about the Aladdin play from last December and said that he'd be doing it again this year in Toronto.

Any hard feelings towards Bill Goldberg?
He said there were no hard feelings and that he knows it was an accident. "It was just one of those bad days at work," Hart said.

His track record of never hurting his opponents.
Bret talked about how he has a perfect record in not seriously injuring any opponents he has been in the ring with. Hart joked adding, "I think I chipped Vader's tooth one time."

The upcoming WWE DVD about his career.
Hart said he is glad he got involved with the WWE DVD about his career and said the original one would have been a big disappointment. He added that he doesn't appreciate the WWE always referring to the Survivor Series '97 situation as a "storyline" all the time. "I don't appreciate the way they stick it in my eye every time," said Hart.

Everyone had their comments about the Ultimate Warrior, WWE had their own DVD, what are Bret Hart's thoughts?
He was never a great wrestler and a great guy. Nothing much to say about him. He said that he probably had what was coming to him (DVD).

His favorite WrestleMania match?
He said that he had many, one being WrestleMania 12 against Shawn, but he liked the match with Steve AUstin at WM13 more.

Did he ever consider training wrestlers like his dad.
Bret said yes, he's considered it, and if he could, he would. He thinks about opening a wrestling school but ever since the concussion and stroke, he doesn't think that he can. He can't take the bumps. Although it's a dream that he wouldn't mind persuing.

His thoughts on Ric Flair?
Bret responded, "He was a great wrestler 100 years ago." He said that doesn't have much bad things to say about him. Hart joked they could have a wheelchair match.

Does he blame Earl Hebner?
Bret responded, "I don't blame him much. He was put in a compromising position. He had a gun to his head." He then talked about Shawn Michaels and Triple H, saying that the backstage is like a sacred area. More in the lines of trust between the wrestlers, then trashed Shawn and Hunter (deservedly so). He said that if the roles were reversed, he would have never screwed Shawn Michaels, he would never do that to another wrestler. Was then asked about Russo and if he was involved, Bret said no. He then said that Gerald Brisco planned the whole screwjob.

Where he sees himself 10 years from now?
"Hopefully on a beach somewhere," Hart said to some laughter.

Who was the best shooter in the ring?
Bret said Ken Shamrock was probably the best shooter, while Vader worked the stiffest.

When his upcoming book will be out?
Bret said he has been working on it for a while now. When a fan asked about Shawn Michaels' upcoming autobiography, Hart said, "Save your money and buy mine."

Was Bret ever friends with Shawn Michaels?
Yes, they were close friends at one point, but all that went away when Shawn Michaels forgot where he came from. Hart added, "He wanted my spot and by hook or crook, he got it."

What he feels about fans chanting his name at events years later.
Bret said he is glad he was never forgotten by the fans in Canada and all over the world.

If he preferred working as a face or heel?
Bret said it was more fun being a heel. He regrets some of the things he had to say about the United States since his mother was from New York. Hart said he wished he had a chance to regain some face after his "American Basher" gimmick that was proposed by Vince.

Who inspired him to become a wrestler?
Bruno Sammartino. Bret said he always wanted to be a great champion like Bob Backlund. He smiled and added that probably wasn't the best name to bring up since he considered his worst PPV match ever to be with Backlund. "When I got backstage behind the curtain, I said outloud 'man, that stunk.' It wasn't Bob's fault. It was just a shitty idea."

What he thinks about guys like The Rock and others using the Sharpshooter?
Bret thinks The Rock, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels were all the worst at doing it which got laughs from the crowd.

On his promo skills.
"For me, it was always hard to talk unless my emotions were high. If I knew the outcome of the match before I did the promo, it affected my confidence."

If you knew the outcome of Survivor Series minutes before walking out to that ring, what would you have done.
Bret said he would have walked to the ring and knocked out Vince and Shawn. The end.

Question by Paul Nemer: Shawn Michaels forfeited his title in February of 1997 to avoid jobbing to you. Later that summer, you and Shawn were suppose to face each other at the 1997 King of the Ring in a 10-minute match. The stipulation was, if you were to lose that match, you would never step foot on American soil, but that match never happened and Shawn ended up facing Steve Austin. What happened?
Bret said that he had knee surgery and wasn't able to wrestle. He wasn't 100% and didn't want to risk it, especially against Shawn Michaels with all the emotions and things that were going on, he didn't trust him.

His thoughts on Ric Flair calling him a great wrestler, but not a great champion in his book?
"Well, who really cares what Ric Flair thinks," said Bret.

If he watches WWE programming today.
Bret said he doesn't follow the business that much and said wrestling changed so much after Survivor Series 1997. He said back in his day, the champion was the highest paid guy in the company, but now with contracts involved, it is a whole new ball game.

His thoughts on Survivor Series '97.
Bret said he was very shocked it happened after Vince called him the Lou Gehrig of wrestling only a few weeks before that. Hart said there were a million other things they could have done besides that finish. Bret added, "It was never about losing in Canada."

His thoughts on other wrestlers:

Scott Steiner:
Bret said that it's one of the last guys you want to upset. Then said that he has a lot of respect towards him.

Scott Hall:
Bret said that Hall can put on great matches, only when he wants to.

John Cena:
Bret said he has never met him and has nothing bad to say about him. Has only seen a few blimps of him here and there. Hart said he shows lots of action and is strong on the mic.

The Undertaker:
"One of the greatest wrestlers I got in the ring with. Hasn't lost a step. Is a true professional," said Hart.

Steve Austin:
Bret said he has the highest respect for Austin and misses being able to work with him.

Triple H:
Everyone laughed when his name was brought up. Bret said, "Right up there with Shawn Michaels."

Hulk Hogan:
Said he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, but that he was afraid to wrestle him. He felt that Hogan was very two faced and didn't care about anyone but him.

In conclusion, Hart was nothing short but professional. During the picture and autograph signing, he was interacting with the fans and answered ever single question thrown at him.

Full Bug
11-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Bret Hart is doing an autograph session Nov.30 in Toronto, I'm gonna go to that, will be cool to meet him, he is one of my all time favourite wrestlers, I really hope I can get a picture taken with him, but with autograph sessions you never really know if you can get a pic taken or not....

rustoffa
11-09-2005, 09:29 PM

His thoughts on other wrestlers:

Scott Steiner:
Bret said that it's one of the last guys you want to upset. Then said that he has a lot of respect towards him.

Scott Hall:
Bret said that Hall can put on great matches, only when he wants to.

The Undertaker:
"One of the greatest wrestlers I got in the ring with. Hasn't lost a step. Is a true professional," said Hart.

Steve Austin:
Bret said he has the highest respect for Austin and misses being able to work with him.

Triple H:
Everyone laughed when his name was brought up. Bret said, "Right up there with Shawn Michaels."

Hulk Hogan:
Said he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, but that he was afraid to wrestle him. He felt that Hogan was very two faced and didn't care about anyone but him.

Great read bro. Bret Hart, love him or hate him, is one of the greatest to ever "lace 'em up." Time seems to have taken a little edge off his egomaniacal tendencies. I'd like to see that RF "shoot" tape from a few years back in comparison.

The quotage above is pretty interesting stuff. The HHH response is kind of a grey area....if you take the "right up there with Shawn Michaels" thing in whatever context. Most (knowledgable fuckers) would consider HBK "way up there" on the lace-'em up list.

Any praise from Hart is a fucking heavy endorsement. It's cool to see Hall mentioned....Hart's commentary on Hall, when compared with the HHH deal, speaks volumes.

Hart nailed it regarding Hall, with one exception, IMO.

Hall put on LEGENDARY matches when he was 50-75% there. If that fucker had ever decided to give 100% on a consistent basis, he'd be close to the top of "the lace-'em up list."

Full Bug
11-09-2005, 10:23 PM
True, Hall would be up there had he not had so many personal problems, thats a shame....Sadly, I keep expecting to hear his name on the 'next wrestler that died' list....

rustoffa
11-09-2005, 11:11 PM
True, Hall would be up there had he not had so many personal problems, thats a shame....Sadly, I keep expecting to hear his name on the 'next wrestler that died' list....

Indeed, it's odd how some individuals with such God-given abilities seem to throw it all away. Quite the sobering observation.

Fuck, at least HTM is still going!

monkeythe
11-10-2005, 12:09 AM
I took Hart's response to HHH as an insult. We know how Bret feels about Michaels and it was HHH that lied right to his wife's face in the Wrestling with Shadows Doc.

By the way, thanks for all the kind words about my site.

Full Bug
11-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Hopefully for Bret his new wife is alot better looking then his old one, lol....

Full Bug
11-10-2005, 09:34 AM
There is a very interesting audio interview with Lex Luger up, he talks about the night Liz died among other things for the first time since she died, its worth a listen.....
http://www.voiceofwrestling.com/
I have never liked Luger, but in this he comes across as very honest, kinda left me feeling a little sorry for the guy....

Vinnie Velvet
11-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Hopefully for Bret his new wife is alot better looking then his old one, lol....

Didn't realize Hart re-married.

monkeythe
11-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Batista got hurt at the TV tapings this week and will be out for a while. He pulled one of his lat muscles and went to Dr. Andrews in Birmingham this week. He will decide this weekend if he wants to do rehab or surgery. He'll be out a minimum of 3 months.

Full Bug
11-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Wonder if they will strip him of the title.....

Mr Badguy
11-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Wonder if they will strip him of the title.....

I bet they give it back to JBL.

Anonymous
11-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Best of luck with the contest. As far as the name thing goes, the latest 2 superstars to debut were Dr. Heiny on last weeks Raw and The Dicks, http://www.wwe.com/shows/webshows/velocity/ , on this weeks Velocity. Using these trends, I'd name myself The Ballsack and use a modified bronco buster as the finishing move but call it the T Bag.

how about "The Pussy Galore" as your finisher?

Soul Reaper, MonkeyThe, thank you very much for your suggestions. Unfortunately, being the shithead I am, I forgot to add my personal data to the e-mail I sent. I only remembered that today... and the contest was yesterday! Sheet!

Anonymous
11-11-2005, 09:43 PM

Grate site, man! Looks well organized and easy to read and stuff... unfortunately, I won't be able to use it that much, seeing as I get RAW and Smackdown one month late.

Unless you post Divas pictures, of course. :D

Naked, preferentially.

monkeythe
11-13-2005, 02:54 PM
I am saddened to post that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead in his hotel room this morning.

Dave's Bitch
11-13-2005, 03:08 PM
I am saddened to post that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead in his hotel room this morning.

i was just gonna post that

omg.i am pretty sad by that now.he was an awesome wrestler (i liked him alot) and still had alot of potential in the wwe

R.I.P Eddie Guerrero

POJO_Risin
11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
there's another thread in here about it...

Soul Reaper
11-14-2005, 10:59 AM
RIP Latino Heat

monkeythe
11-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Did anyone get the Bret Hart DVD yet? I picked it up today and can't wait to watch all 9 hours. The only thing I watched was the end of the documentary from the SS on. If you didn't know the SS story before, you'd have no idea what they were talking about. I found it interesting that in many of the WCW clips, he seemed to be wearing a Hulk Hogan t-shirt.

By the way, Nunzio won the cruiserweight title in Rome last night.

Vinnie Velvet
11-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Did anyone get the Bret Hart DVD yet? I picked it up today and can't wait to watch all 9 hours. The only thing I watched was the end of the documentary from the SS on. If you didn't know the SS story before, you'd have no idea what they were talking about. I found it interesting that in many of the WCW clips, he seemed to be wearing a Hulk Hogan t-shirt.

I haven't picked up the DVD yet, but I've heard some very great things about it.

The best is that it doesn't feature a bitter Bret Hart re-hashing all that was about the Montreal Screwjob.

Its a very positive DVD, from what I hear, just Hart's story and his best matches.

Note: if anyone is wondering whether his Iron man match with HBK is included here, its not.

monkeythe
11-18-2005, 07:05 AM
My Bret Hart DVD came with 2 disc 2's and no disc 3.

As far as the first 2 discs go, the Jesse edit is in affect for the HF vs Rockers match from SNME. The next match on the DVD is against DiBiase and was untelevised from a TV taping. There is no commentary for that match. The match against Bam Bam is from Spain and is commentated in Spanish. There are no alternative commentary tracks on the first 2 discs.

As far as the documentary goes, Bret seems to be in a good place and has come to terms with things. The DVD is meant for those that know the stories because if you were unfamiliar with some of the events you wouldn't know what was going on.

The match listing is pretty good and amazing in the fact that he doesn't win a lot of the matches he selected as opposed to most other wrestlers that typically only have their biggest wins on theirs.

Mr Badguy
11-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Pity Ted DiBiase isn`t on the best of terms with WWE.

A "Million dollar man" DVD would be cool.

One of the best heels ever IMO.

Full Bug
11-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Pity Ted DiBiase isn`t on the best of terms with WWE.

A "Million dollar man" DVD would be cool.

One of the best heels ever IMO.
He is on good terms with the WWE, in fact he works for them in some way backstage, if you go to WWE.com there is a clip of him giving his thoughts on Eddie's passing.....

Full Bug
11-18-2005, 01:33 PM
NICK "EUGENE" DINSMORE HOSPITALIZED IN EUROPE; SENT HOME AND SUSPENDED UPON RELEASE

WWE.com has posted news that Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore was rushed to a hospital last night in Manchester while on a tour of Europe. Dinsmore has been released from the hospital and has been sent home.

WWE has suspended him indefinitely according to the WWE.com announcement.
-----------------
Think this could have anything to do with drugs? Nahhhhh......
;) :D

Full Bug
11-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Another WWE Superstar Considered On "Death Watch"

Source: PWTorch Newsletter (Subscription available www.pwtorch.com)

-- In the latest PWTorch newsletter, editor Wade Keller states quite bluntly that there is apparently a top wrestler wrestling in the WWE today who’s considered to be on an “unofficial death watch”. He doesn’t go on to further elaborate on who this wrestler is, but he does go on to mention how people need to do what it takes to keep him alive, even at the “expense of box office receipts, storyline interruptions” and more.

-- The deathwatch, which is apparently no secret to most within WWE, is still possibly unknown to Vince McMahon, who would need to be informed. The un-named wrestler, should he pass away, would make the coverage of the shocking and tragic news this week of the passing of Eddie Guerrero look minor by comparison, due to his credentials.

Full Bug
11-18-2005, 01:46 PM
IF true, I wonder who it could be to make Eddie's death look minor, there arent a whole lot of huge stars working right now, hmmm.....

Mr Badguy
11-18-2005, 02:39 PM
IF true, I wonder who it could be to make Eddie's death look minor, there arent a whole lot of huge stars working right now, hmmm.....

Flair?

Not because of drugs but age?

Takes a lot of bumps for a guy nearly 60.

Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, JBL don`t look as if they take steroids so I would take them off the list.

Remember the Royal Rumble match between HHH and Steiner when Steiner collapsed on the ropes?

That could have been a disaster.

If Steiner was still at WWE I would have thought this story was about him.

Mr Badguy
11-18-2005, 02:41 PM
He is on good terms with the WWE, in fact he works for them in some way backstage, if you go to WWE.com there is a clip of him giving his thoughts on Eddie's passing.....

He is?

Last I heard from him was in a shoot interview and he was pretty hard on WWE (but not Vince) on the content of their programming.

Hey, maybe we will get that DVD some time then.

Mr Badguy
11-18-2005, 02:43 PM
NICK "EUGENE" DINSMORE HOSPITALIZED IN EUROPE; SENT HOME AND SUSPENDED UPON RELEASE

WWE.com has posted news that Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore was rushed to a hospital last night in Manchester while on a tour of Europe. Dinsmore has been released from the hospital and has been sent home.

WWE has suspended him indefinitely according to the WWE.com announcement.
-----------------
Think this could have anything to do with drugs? Nahhhhh......
;) :D

At least that will get rid of that goofball character.

Dinsmore is decent but the Eugene persona is shitty.

Full Bug
11-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Flair?
Not because of drugs but age?
Takes a lot of bumps for a guy nearly 60.
Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, JBL don`t look as if they take steroids so I would take them off the list.

Lets look at this way, who is a bigger star then Eddie was?
Flair
HHH
Michaels
Angle (Who is seperated from his wife recently and the mainstream media knows who he is)
Undertaker
I dont think anyone else would qualify as being a bigger well known star then Eddie....(Thats actively wrestling)

Full Bug
11-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Ever wonder what happened to Bam Bam Bigelow?

Former WWE Star Facing Difficult Times

The following is a story from The St. Petersburg Times.

Bam Bam Bigelow skidded off the motorcycle and onto the hard wet asphalt on State Road 50 one Sunday in early October on the west side of Hernando County.

The woman who had been on the back of his bike hit the pavement with a sound one witness said was like an open palm slapping the surface of water. Then she flopped around like a rolled-up rug.

Bam Bam landed about 50 feet up the road. The former professional wrestler with the tattooed scalp and the name no one can forget was covered in blood, but he managed to get up. He held his scraped-up arms straight out from his sides. He lurched back toward the woman, who was moaning.

He looked like a monster, the witness said later.

"Oh, baby," Bam Bam was saying. "I'm so sorry."

He collapsed almost on top of the woman. His body was touching hers. His head was by her head.

The man who used to wrestle people to the ground and jump on them and pick them up and throw them was powerless. For almost all athletes, there is the inevitability of a life after people stop cheering. For Bam Bam Bigelow, the story includes addiction to painkillers, time in rehab, calls from creditors, a costly divorce, three kids he hasn't seen in more than a year and child support not paid.

And a new love.

The woman on the bike was Janis Remiesiewicz, who's 41, has a house in Port Richey and has been dating Bam Bam for a year.

The name state troopers got off Bam Bam's license was Scott C. Bigelow, 44, with an address in New Jersey.

But the last address for Bigelow in public records was in Lake Ariel, Pa., and that ended this past April. It was on a road called the Hideout.

Men who weigh more than 300 pounds, have tattooed heads and answer to Bam Bam do not just disappear.

Unless they want to.

On Oct. 2, though, Bam Bam Bigelow was taken to Spring Hill's Oak Hill Hospital. Janis was flown to Tampa General and listed in critical condition.

Meanwhile, the woman who lives in Bam Bam's old house in Allenhurst, N.J., has to deal with the guys who keep looking for the previous owner.

"They pull up in front of the house and they stare at the house," Josephine Schror said over the phone. "Then they knock on the door and ask for Scott, and I tell them he doesn't live here no more. And they ask me if I know where he is and then they sit in the car and write s--- down and then they drive off."

She says this happens all the time.

The e-mails started coming almost immediately after the story about the crash ran in the St. Petersburg Times.

Wrestling fans wanted to know two things:

How is Bam Bam doing?

And where has he been?

Bam Bam Bigelow was huge. The 6-4 tough guy from small, rough Asbury Park, N.J., wrestled as heavy as 425 pounds. But he was agile enough to jump off the tops of the ropes and down onto his opponents in the ring.

His trademark move was a pile driver he called "Greetings from Asbury Park."

"It just blows a guy's head right off his shoulders," he once told the Seattle Times.

Bigelow played the role of the "heel" in his heyday. That means he was the bad guy in the staged matches. But he was a star.

He made his debut in the World Wrestling Federation in 1987 and won titles in Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Championship Wrestling. He wrestled with Hulk Hogan and Diamond Dallas Page and against Andre the Giant. He was in the headliner match at 1995's WrestleMania in front of more than 16,000 people.

He was even in a couple of B movies and did a commercial for Slim Jim.

But his wrestling career did not come to an easy end.

WCW folded in 2001. He didn't go to WWE. There was no ECW anymore.

Bam Bam had back problems. He had surgery. He went on a radio show in early 2002, according to 1wrestling.com, and said his career was not over and that this was "just the beginning."

According to www.obsessedwithwrestling.com and other pro wrestling Web sites, Bam Bam retired in November 2002 and unretired a month after that, only to lose to someone named Abdullah the Butcher, then quit for good in 2004 - ending a slow, reluctant fade from fame.

"It's kind of like Hollywood," said Ron Jordan, who writes a syndicated wrestling column from Fort Worth, Texas. "Only so many people can be on top at one time. Most of these guys, when they slip from the big leagues, like the WCW or the WWF or the new WWE, they just kind of slip into obscurity. Then they show up in some small arena or at a YMCA or something."

Bam Bam opened a deli in Hamlin, Pa., where he sold a 2-pound hamburger. That didn't last.

Anthony DeBlasi, who writes for Wrestling-News.com, said in an e-mail that Bam Bam contacted him early in 2004 asking for help selling a wrestling ring and some of his other mementos on eBay.

Frank Goodman, Bam Bam's agent, also got a call: "Scott said, "Listen, I need to make money again.' "

Bam Bam wrestled in small shows on New York's Long Island in the early and middle parts of 2004. Then he started missing shows, according to Goodman. The last time he wrestled was Nov. 19, 2004.

And then he disappeared.

"Nobody could find him," said Dave Meltzer, editor of Wrestling Observer.

One of his best friends in wrestling died in April. Bam Bam didn't show up at the funeral.

A wrestling fan spotted him in Tampa over the summer, took a picture and posted it on the Web.

"That's the only way we knew he was alive," Goodman said.

Then Bam Bam Bigelow left Hernando County's Bayport Inn with his girlfriend on the back of his brother's 1998 black-and-chrome Harley Davidson and headed toward SR 50.

He stopped at the intersection of U.S. 19. The light turned green and he sped off, then stopped again at Deltona Boulevard. Both times, according to a witness, Debby Tessier of Brooksville, he almost tipped over.

Tessier had her cell phone out and was dialing 911 before the bike even went down.

It happened about 4:30 p.m., according to the report from the Florida Highway Patrol, when Bam Bam tried to change from the outside lane to the inside. Bam Bam and Janis weren't wearing helmets. No other vehicles were involved.

The Harley hit the ground.

Eventually they did too.

Janis came to a stop on her stomach with her arms by her sides. She was wearing a tank top and denim short shorts.

"The skin on her face was just chewed up," Tessier said. "Her noise and mouth were just pouring blood. . . . "We thought she was dead."

The FHP is waiting for the results of Bam Bam's blood test to come back from the toxicology lab in Tallahassee.

"We are well aware of what the factors were that led to this crash," FHP spokesman Larry Coggins said.

The FHP has up to a year to file charges against Scott C. Bigelow. "Charges are forthcoming," Coggins said. "Absolutely."

The accident threw Bam Bam back into the public eye. Any attempt at anonymity was over.

Calls started to come along with the e-mails.

Bam Bam's ex-wife, Dana Fisher, returned a call from the St. Petersburg Times a few days after the accident. She and Bigelow divorced five years ago, and their oldest child is now 17.

"I always figured it would come back on him sooner or later and that he'd have to answer questions and be accountable," she said.

Court records in New Jersey show a charge of endangering the welfare of a child in May 2004. He was accused of driving recklessly with one of his children in the car, but he said it was because of a seizure. The charge was dismissed two months later.

There is a possession of marijuana charge from August 2004. Guilty.

In the last few years, he has been sued by Jersey Shore Anesthesia, Jersey Shore University Medical Center and the state's Department of Motor Vehicles. The judgment amounts range from $2,700 to $19,440. The cases are open.

Fisher has sued him three times this year for nonpayment of child support.

Bam Bam owes $8,909.

"He did pay something this year, but he's not paying like he should," said Monmouth County probation officer Charlotte Shaw. "If he was here, I'd do a bench warrant."

Goodman, Bam Bam's agent, talked last month about how his client still could make $800 to $1,000 a night.

"He is money in the bank," Goodman said. "He is a wrestling legend. Other than Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan, he is the best 300-pound-plus wrestler to ever step in a wrestling ring. I've got to tell you something: I have a show next month, and I would put Bam Bam Bigelow in that show for $1,000 without even giving it a thought.

"Because he's Bam Bam Bigelow."

Bam Bam has had it with Bam Bam. He just wants to be Scott.

Those records up in Jersey aren't the only reason he wanted to disappear.

He didn't want to talk at first. He didn't want to talk when he was in the hospital. He didn't want to talk when he got home.

On a recent Sunday, though, he was sitting on a couch in Janis' house in Port Richey. A black Nike ball cap covered the tattoos on the top of his scalp.

"I don't know if it's hiding or disappointment or what," he said. "But being Bam Bam Bigelow is a pain in the a--.

"You did this the first half of your life and now this is the second half and now you're bruised and battered. So what the hell can you do? What can you do?"

Scott C. Bigelow has no real permanent address. He sometimes stays with his brother, Todd, who's one year older, at his home in Spring Hill, but most of the time he's in Port Richey. "He goes back and forth," Todd Bigelow said.

In his best years, according to him and his agent, he was making anywhere from $750,000 to $1.2-million. He lost everything, he says, in his divorce: cars, trucks, motorcycles, his house. Now he lives on Social Security disability.

Creditors call.

The child support isn't going away.

Medical bills are coming.

"You can't pay what you can't afford," he said.

When he talks about Janis - "a bright spot in my life" - Bam Bam's lower lip turns soft.

"Both of us should've been dead from this accident," he said.

"Not should've been," Janis said. "Could've been."

"I had a few beers that day," he said. "But it wasn't nothing exceeding what people go overboard with. Who knows? It's all a blur. It doesn't matter. It happened."

Bam Bam broke his nose and got a deep cut on his forehead and still has a gash in his leg and scabs on his elbows and knees. Janis has a broken foot and a nasty scar around her right eye.

He creaks. He gets up slowly.

He says he was addicted to OxyContin for most of his career in wrestling but that he is now clean. He says he came down here because the warm weather makes his aches and pains feel a little less sharp. He says he wanted to get away.

Most of his friends are dead.

Ted "Flyboy Rocco Rock" Petty died of a heart attack in 2002. Jerry "the Wall" Tuite died of a drug overdose in 2003. Chris Candido died in spring of a blood clot after he broke his leg wrestling in Japan.

"And it's all due to wrestling," he said. "It's that simple. With me there's no glory in wrestling. . .. I thought out of sight, out of mind would be the best thing for me."

Yet he said on this particular Sunday - five weeks to the day after the accident - that he's happier now than he has ever been.

"It's like two phases of life," he said, sitting on the couch next to Janis, holding her hand. "The man who had everything and was miserable. And the man who has nothing and is happy.

"It don't cost nothin' to go watch the sunset," he said.

That's what Bam Bam Bigelow keeps telling himself.

Anonymous
11-19-2005, 09:33 PM
Another WWE Superstar Considered On "Death Watch"

Source: PWTorch Newsletter (Subscription available www.pwtorch.com)

-- In the latest PWTorch newsletter, editor Wade Keller states quite bluntly that there is apparently a top wrestler wrestling in the WWE today who’s considered to be on an “unofficial death watch”. He doesn’t go on to further elaborate on who this wrestler is, but he does go on to mention how people need to do what it takes to keep him alive, even at the “expense of box office receipts, storyline interruptions” and more.

-- The deathwatch, which is apparently no secret to most within WWE, is still possibly unknown to Vince McMahon, who would need to be informed. The un-named wrestler, should he pass away, would make the coverage of the shocking and tragic news this week of the passing of Eddie Guerrero look minor by comparison, due to his credentials.

At the “expense of box office receipts, storyline interruptions” and more?

Austin?

He's not actively wrestling, but he WAS supposed to be back. Wasn't he?

I sincerely doubt it's either HHH or Flair. They delivered an AWESOME match on Taboo Tuesday. Then again so did Eddie on his last month...

monkeythe
11-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Hey Imapus Sylicker,

When is that SD show you're going to? You'll be glad to know that there has already been an untelevised title change on the European tour (Nunzio beat Juventud for the CW title).
It took me a while but when I typed it out, I finally got the joke about your name.

Mr Badguy
11-20-2005, 12:20 PM
At the “expense of box office receipts, storyline interruptions” and more?

Austin?

He's not actively wrestling, but he WAS supposed to be back. Wasn't he?

That`s what I was thinking.

He is a far bigger star, maybe the most famous wrestler bar Hogan.

He does seem a bit erratic but suicidal...I don`t know.

It could be someone with a medical condition that could be life threatening if they continue to perform.

rustoffa
11-20-2005, 07:21 PM
:confused:
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8008/cj6nd.jpg

Full Bug
11-20-2005, 08:35 PM

It could be someone with a medical condition that could be life threatening if they continue to perform.
I dont think its Austin, the article says its a wrestler wrestling in WWE today, Austin hasnt wrestled in years....Who knows though, maybe he turned to drugs when he found out they wanted him to job to the Coach....:D

Anonymous
11-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Hey Imapus Sylicker,

When is that SD show you're going to? You'll be glad to know that there has already been an untelevised title change on the European tour (Nunzio beat Juventud for the CW title).
It took me a while but when I typed it out, I finally got the joke about your name.

I'm not... like I've posted before, I'm a shithead and forgot to add my address to the e-mail I sent for the contest. I probably wouldn't win anyway, but it's always nice to know I COULD'VE won but blew it up just because I'm an arsehole.

Nunzio got the title back? Grate stuff, I bet it was an awesome match. I love watching cruiserweights, they put on one hell of a show, why do those pricks at WWE don't show more matches of 'em?

About my name... it was just something that popped out, along with Screwb Runettes. :D

Anonymous
11-20-2005, 08:48 PM

I heard Steve had a really bad problem with booze. D'you think that his abuses may have made him vulnerable to a sudden death? And doesn't have a problem with his back?

Anonymous
11-20-2005, 08:48 PM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8008/cj6nd.jpg

What?

Vinnie Velvet
11-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Lets look at this way, who is a bigger star then Eddie was?
Flair
HHH
Michaels
Angle (Who is seperated from his wife recently and the mainstream media knows who he is)
Undertaker
I dont think anyone else would qualify as being a bigger well known star then Eddie....(Thats actively wrestling)

To my knowledge, noen of those guys have had any recent problems with drugs or alcohol.

HHH is into physical fitness/body building, etc.

Flair? I don't think so.

Micheals-- no. Born again Christain, even during his heydey, HBK didn't have a problem with drinking or drugs---just his shitty attitude at times.

Angle? Don't know too much about Kurt.

Undertaker---he's never been known to have problems in the past, so why now?

Vinnie Velvet
11-21-2005, 11:58 AM
HBK's book is out called "Heartbreak and Triumph--the Shawn Michaels Story'.

Here's an interesting excerpt from the book on Montreal '97:

Chapter 23 "Montreal"
-------------------------------
I was sky-high the night after Bad Blood. I had perhaps the best match of my career, and Hunter, Chyna, and I were going to christen ourselves D-Generation X (which was Vince Russo's idea) on this evening's Raw. Even the thought of having to work with Bret in the coming weeks at Survivor Series couldn't bring me down. I wasn't going to let him get to me.

From my perspective, I had won the battle with Bret. I was main-eventing Pay-Per-Views while he, as champion, was working Tag Team matches. My confidence was back. There wasn't anything that he was going to do or say that I worried about. People had turned on me because they had heard a lot of untrue stores, many of which were made up by Bret. I never once gave my side, because it seemed so transparent to me, and I was the guy who is talking the loudest and defending himself the most must be hiding something.

Working with Hunter and Chyna was so much fun and I didn't want to ruin that. I also have to give Vince Russo a lot of credit. He came up with some great ideas for us. He helped create a real awesome gimmick where we were doing and saying all the things you want to in real life, but can't because it isn't nice and you'd get in a lot of trouble. And we were very popular. As Hunter has said, in the fall of 97, DX was the hottest thing in sports entertainment not named Steve Austin.

We were in Kansas City-another sellout, by the way-and Hunter and I were doing an in-ring promo. I asked to see footage of my victory from Badd Blood. Instead, video from the "curtain call" came on. This was done to reinforce the insubordinate image of DX. Bret came out and confronted me, calling me a homo and a degenerate. (I believe he meant it.) I responded by saying that the only reason Bret was in the main event of Survivor Series was because he was wrestling me. Bret and I were at it again, only this time, our personal animosity towards each other blended perfectly within the storyline we were conducting.

Later that night Hunter beat Bret via count out after I superkicked him while Chyna distracted him. During the match, I started picking my nose with Bret's Canadian flag. I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I just figured it would get me extra heat, which it did.

At this point, I really didn't know what the situation with Bret was. My feeling was that Vince wanted to get the title off him. His contract was taxing the company way too much if he wasn't going to be the man. I didn’t' know where Steve Austin was in his talks with Vince, I'm sure they already had an idea of where they were going long-range. The ideal situation for Steve was to win the title from a white-hot heel. Bret certainly wasn't one. I, on the other hand, was there. It made sense to me that Vince would want to put the tile on me and have Steve beat me.

All I knew for certain is what I talked about with Vince. I was back into performing and uninterested in the inner workings of what was happening with other guys. I talked to Vince often, but all our discussions concerned created ideas. I was not talking about other guys' business.

A week before Survivor Series I found out Bret was going to WCW. I know Vince suggested Bret go and talk to WCW again. Vince said he would help Bret get a great deal there. Vince was going to give WCW the impression that he was willing to pay Bret even more money, so WCW would up their offer to him. WCW did, and Bret signed with them.

For the last several months, Hunter and I had been speaking to Vince on the phone every Wednesday to go over any creative ideas or concerns we might have. Vince valued our opinions and set aside some time to talk to us. The Wednesday before Survivor Series, we were on our weekly conference call. "Shawn, barring some miraculous change this weekend, we are going to work a DQ. The next night Bret has promised me that he will come out and give up the title. He will go off to WCW< and we can work some sort of tournament or something like that. I'm not comfortable with that, but Bret has given me his work. I feel I can take him at his word. Regardless of the relationship that you and he have, I've always asked him to do business, but he's just not willing to do it for you. I can't change the match with someone else."

I asked Vince why he didn't just have Bret drop the title to someone else the following night on Raw. I recall Vince then saying Bret had creative control over his last thirty days.

"So it's not really just me, is it? He doesn't want to drop the belt before he leaves?"

"No, he doesn't. It would be one thing if it were in the States, but especially in Canada. He doesn't want to do it."

"All of Canada is his? We're not in Calgary. What if I didn't want to do any jobs in the United States?"

"I know, I know, but that's the situation. He has creative control."

There were a few seconds of silence.

"I know I'm not supposed to be talking here," it was Hunter. "Maybe I'm out of line here, but what kind of business is that? Who in the world says, 'I don't want to drop the belt'? You helped him to get a better deal there and he is leaving. That isn't right. That's b.s. How in the world can you trust him? This is the same guy who while he was off, after dropping the title to Shawn, went behind your back and negotiated a deal with WCW only to come back and renegotiate a twenty-year way-out-of-bounds contract with you. He has not done good business since, and now he is leaving to get even more money, by you giving them the impression that you wanted to keep him. We have people leaving in the middle of the night and taking their belts and dropping them in trash cans on WCW. [This was in reference to former women's champion Alundra Blayze, who had done that.] We can't afford for that to happen with the World Wrestling Federation Championship!"

"There's nothing we can do about that. My hands are tied. What can we do about that?"
It was my turn to chime in. "I'll do whatever you want. We'll just take it off him. I'll just swerve him or whatever I have to. You tell me what needs to get done. You and this company have put up with so much from me. My loyalty is here with you. I will do whatever you want."

"What are we talking about, Shawn?"

"Whatever it takes. If we have to do a fast count or get him in a hold and tell someone to ring the bell, I'll do whatever you want me to do."

"That's pretty serious. That has to be a last resort. I still have until Saturday to talk with Bret. That may have to be a real option. This cannot be discussed with anyone. Pat can't know, nobody can know about this but the three of us right now. It's something we will have to talk about."

Hunter and I talked when Vince hung up. We both felt that Vince was already thinking about a possible swerve, but he couldn't ask me to do that. I needed to volunteer.

Sarge's Little Helper
11-21-2005, 11:58 AM
HBK's book is out called "Heartbreak and Triumph--the Shawn Michaels Story'.

Here's an interesting excerpt from the book on Montreal '97:

Chapter 23 "Montreal"
I was sky-high the night after Bad Blood. I had perhaps the best match of my career, and Hunter, Chyna, and I were going to christen ourselves D-Generation X (which was Vince Russo's idea) on this evening's Raw. Even the thought of having to work with Bret in the coming weeks at Survivor Series couldn't bring me down. I wasn't going to let him get to me.

From my perspective, I had won the battle with Bret. I was main-eventing Pay-Per-Views while he, as champion, was working Tag Team matches. My confidence was back. There wasn't anything that he was going to do or say that I worried about. People had turned on me because they had heard a lot of untrue stores, many of which were made up by Bret. I never once gave my side, because it seemed so transparent to me, and I was the guy who is talking the loudest and defending himself the most must be hiding something.

Working with Hunter and Chyna was so much fun and I didn't want to ruin that. I also have to give Vince Russo a lot of credit. He came up with some great ideas for us. He helped create a real awesome gimmick where we were doing and saying all the things you want to in real life, but can't because it isn't nice and you'd get in a lot of trouble. And we were very popular. As Hunter has said, in the fall of 97, DX was the hottest thing in sports entertainment not named Steve Austin.

We were in Kansas City-another sellout, by the way-and Hunter and I were doing an in-ring promo. I asked to see footage of my victory from Badd Blood. Instead, video from the "curtain call" came on. This was done to reinforce the insubordinate image of DX. Bret came out and confronted me, calling me a homo and a degenerate. (I believe he meant it.) I responded by saying that the only reason Bret was in the main event of Survivor Series was because he was wrestling me. Bret and I were at it again, only this time, our personal animosity towards each other blended perfectly within the storyline we were conducting.

Later that night Hunter beat Bret via count out after I superkicked him while Chyna distracted him. During the match, I started picking my nose with Bret's Canadian flag. I really didn't mean to offend anyone. I just figured it would get me extra heat, which it did.

At this point, I really didn't know what the situation with Bret was. My feeling was that Vince wanted to get the title off him. His contract was taxing the company way too much if he wasn't going to be the man. I didn’t' know where Steve Austin was in his talks with Vince, I'm sure they already had an idea of where they were going long-range. The ideal situation for Steve was to win the title from a white-hot heel. Bret certainly wasn't one. I, on the other hand, was there. It made sense to me that Vince would want to put the tile on me and have Steve beat me.

All I knew for certain is what I talked about with Vince. I was back into performing and uninterested in the inner workings of what was happening with other guys. I talked to Vince often, but all our discussions concerned created ideas. I was not talking about other guys' business.

A week before Survivor Series I found out Bret was going to WCW. I know Vince suggested Bret go and talk to WCW again. Vince said he would help Bret get a great deal there. Vince was going to give WCW the impression that he was willing to pay Bret even more money, so WCW would up their offer to him. WCW did, and Bret signed with them.

For the last several months, Hunter and I had been speaking to Vince on the phone every Wednesday to go over any creative ideas or concerns we might have. Vince valued our opinions and set aside some time to talk to us. The Wednesday before Survivor Series, we were on our weekly conference call. "Shawn, barring some miraculous change this weekend, we are going to work a DQ. The next night Bret has promised me that he will come out and give up the title. He will go off to WCW< and we can work some sort of tournament or something like that. I'm not comfortable with that, but Bret has given me his work. I feel I can take him at his word. Regardless of the relationship that you and he have, I've always asked him to do business, but he's just not willing to do it for you. I can't change the match with someone else."

I asked Vince why he didn't just have Bret drop the title to someone else the following night on Raw. I recall Vince then saying Bret had creative control over his last thirty days.

"So it's not really just me, is it? He doesn't want to drop the belt before he leaves?"

"No, he doesn't. It would be one thing if it were in the States, but especially in Canada. He doesn't want to do it."

"All of Canada is his? We're not in Calgary. What if I didn't want to do any jobs in the United States?"

"I know, I know, but that's the situation. He has creative control."

There were a few seconds of silence.

"I know I'm not supposed to be talking here," it was Hunter. "Maybe I'm out of line here, but what kind of business is that? Who in the world says, 'I don't want to drop the belt'? You helped him to get a better deal there and he is leaving. That isn't right. That's b.s. How in the world can you trust him? This is the same guy who while he was off, after dropping the title to Shawn, went behind your back and negotiated a deal with WCW only to come back and renegotiate a twenty-year way-out-of-bounds contract with you. He has not done good business since, and now he is leaving to get even more money, by you giving them the impression that you wanted to keep him. We have people leaving in the middle of the night and taking their belts and dropping them in trash cans on WCW. [This was in reference to former women's champion Alundra Blayze, who had done that.] We can't afford for that to happen with the World Wrestling Federation Championship!"

"There's nothing we can do about that. My hands are tied. What can we do about that?"
It was my turn to chime in. "I'll do whatever you want. We'll just take it off him. I'll just swerve him or whatever I have to. You tell me what needs to get done. You and this company have put up with so much from me. My loyalty is here with you. I will do whatever you want."

"What are we talking about, Shawn?"

"Whatever it takes. If we have to do a fast count or get him in a hold and tell someone to ring the bell, I'll do whatever you want me to do."

"That's pretty serious. That has to be a last resort. I still have until Saturday to talk with Bret. That may have to be a real option. This cannot be discussed with anyone. Pat can't know, nobody can know about this but the three of us right now. It's something we will have to talk about."

Hunter and I talked when Vince hung up. We both felt that Vince was already thinking about a possible swerve, but he couldn't ask me to do that. I needed to volunteer.

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

Full Bug
11-21-2005, 03:55 PM
I always had a feeling HHH was more involved then he let on......

Full Bug
11-21-2005, 04:12 PM
McMahon announces new drug policy

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

At a meeting with all talent from both brands before today's television tapings in Sheffield, England, Vince McMahon announced that the company is instituting a new drug testing policy.

Details of the policy were not announced, but there will be testing involved, and banning of use of all peformance enhancing drugs, including anabolic steroids, as well as recreational drugs. Three will also be policies put in place for abuse of prescription drugs, as well as a company policy regarding more regular and comprehensive cardiovascular examinations.

Full Bug
11-21-2005, 06:14 PM
A look at today's announcement by Vince McMahon and the realities of the situation

by Dave Meltzer

Vince McMahon announced to all the talent this afternoon in Sheffield, England, a new drug policy, which would include performance enhancing drugs, recreational drugs as well as abuse of prescription drugs.

In addition, the company is going to mandate more comprehensive cardiovascular examinations for its athletes. All performers under full-time contract will be subject to frequent, unannounced and random testing.

Unlike with the McMahon drug policy instituted between 1992-96, there will be a completely independent, and presumably autonomous figure in control of handling the testing, punishments and potential rehabilitation. The figure will report first to the talent to advise them of any positive results or alarming signs, and then report his findings to Vince McMahon afterwards. In the original policy, the doctor who headed the policy would report first to McMahon and generally, J.J. Dillon, and they would decide what action to take.

There are two other major differences between the old policy, dropped in 1996 for a number of reasons, basically financial (the policy cost $1 million plus annually and the company was running deeply in the red at the time) and because the WWF was involved in a promotional war with a company that wasn't nearly as strict on the steroid issue, and the fact is, bodies sell and it made a difference in the wrestling war at the time.

One is the emphasis on extensive cardiovascular examinations because of the deaths of so many relatively young wrestlers due to heart ailments, presumably brought on by use of both recreational drugs and abuse of performance enhancing drugs such as steroids That was a given due to the circumstances surrounding the heart damage Guerrero had, likely from years of abuse.

The other is more careful monitoring of prescription drugs, in particular pain killers. One of the flaws of the old testing was that wrestlers, who knew doctors in many cities, would get multiple prescriptions for the same ailment from doctors who liked being around the stars. Since the wrestlers had prescriptions for those drugs, when they showed up in their system, they were allowed to continue. While not made clear, it is believed this policy would monitor levels of pain killers, whether prescribed or not, and those with high levels would be addressed and likely taken off the road and put into rehab if necessary.

Shortly after the death of Brian Pillman, the WWF banned certain well-known doctors from its dressing rooms and told talent to stay away from them. There were two reasons for this, the obvious one of being concerned and reacting to Pillman's death, but the other reason that they had already been through a Zahorian trial and a McMahon trial. Indeed, one of the doctors in question at the time was feared to be "hot" (in that the feds were onto him) and his being linked with a substantial number of wrestlers if there was an arrest would have been disastrous. Even so, some major talent ignored the warnings and continued to see the doctors in question for their prescriptions. In the case of one of those doctors talent was warned to stay away from, Dr. Joel Hackett of Indianapolis, many wrestlers he was closely associated with in the 90s, are dead today. At least two, and likely more, of those who passed away, ignored the company directive and continued to see him.

It goes without saying, this was brought on by the death of Eddie Guerrero. We can be critical that prior warning signals were ignored, and probably should be. It would have been far worse for issues of this magnitude, particularly after a second scare this week involving Nick Dinsmore, who passed out after taking too many somas in the lobby of a hotel in Manchester, England, be ignored.

As far as discussions of what would come out of the death of Guerrero, it is believed they started as early as the day after, and the Dinsmore situation may not have even played a part.

No details were announced to talent because all the procedures will not be written up or finalized for several weeks. McMahon in a very short speech, that lasted less than five minutes, seemed to hint at suspensions for violations of non-prescription drugs, and rehab for abuse levels of prescription drugs.

One would suspect, and while this hasn't been said, that wrestlers will have fair opportunity to rid themselves of current issues, most notably steroids, some of which can stay in the system for lengthy periods of time. Using 1991 as an example, McMahon made a similar announcement to talent in July, after a damaging steroid trial. In November, months after everyone was told to get off steroids, 50% of the wrestlers in the company (and that percentage included both male and female talent) tested positive on the first test. The company policy became that those wrestlers had to show decreasing levels of steroids in future tests or be suspended. That policy was criticized at the time by some leading steroid doctors who stated to us that levels of steroids when it comes to being in tests fluctuate up and down, and levels themselves could increase even upon cessation of usage, but still, there were not a lot of policy violations, although numerous big stars, both in terms of bulk and stature in the industry, quit that year. The key point to look at was in late 1992, when business was falling badly, and depth of talent was not there as in years past, when Vince McMahon believed Davey Boy Smith and Jim Hellwig were using Growth Hormone to get around the company's policy, he fired both of them. Vince McMahon himself was also under fire at the time, with a governmental investigation going on, so had tremendous pressure to keep the wrestlers clean.

Nevertheless, no matter how it may be phrased, steroids, as an example, were tacitly approved of by the company, and while never verbally said so, in reality, encouraged based on decisions on who to push at what levels, combined with no testing or penalties involved with use. They were until recently in baseball as well. And there is no sport that has gotten the handle on controlling performance enhancing drugs. The top wrestlers, like top athletes in other sports, can find access to doctors who can teach them to beat the tests, and there is still Growth Hormone, that can't be tested for, and is known to enlarge hearts.

The only true cure is this. Promoters can't push people based on physique, and judge talent for jobs based on physique. The public can't be impressed by talent with better physiques in thinking that helps make them bigger stars. The talent itself has to no longer care how their physique looks. All three are impossible in the business as we know it. There is no true cure, only an attempt to do the best possible on all accounts. The fact there is no cure does not mean steps shouldn't be taken to help, and this appears to be a giant step, as compared to two weeks ago.

The reality is if there is a test in three weeks based on the standards that would be the goal, many would likely fail. McMahon stated they would be fair. However, it is also imperative McMahon discuss openly what that policy would be, such as how long wrestlers had to get steroids, just as an example, out of their system. It's a killer, because it would only admit to issues, but if there is testing one month from today, even if everyone involved goes cold turkey today, many would still fail. Half the performers failed four months after a similar meeting. If McMahon doesn't publicly explain, and take whatever early heat there would be, and if the public is told there are no failures, the credibility would have to be questioned. The point here is, it would be easy to just say suspend everyone who tests positive. There may not be enough guys to fill a roster, let alone two, not to mention the p.r. nightmare if major names suddenly disappear. They could wait six months and hope people clean out, and if that's the case, they also need to be open about this. During the 90s, there were wrestlers who tested positive that were allowed to stay on the road, but they were working without pay, under the guise they would both protect their reputations and also not interrupt existing storylines. If that's the case, the company also has to be open about this ahead of time. I don't care about pointing fingers and holding up examples of suspended guys to prove they are serious. But I do believe all aspects of the policy have to be open and honest, and not misleading.

If word spreads that things happen, such as a wrestler who failed a steroid test and then worked a European tour for several weeks because he was booked in main events and the depth was down at the time, in 2005, this will backfire. Also, talent will know if the policy is adhered to unfairly, and it's a very different world at this time, because if talent knows, we will all know soon enough, and all credibility will be lost. I believe that is a major reason why McMahon is going to have someone autonomous in control of the policy.

But the most important thing is to remember what the goal is. The goal for everyone is the health of the performers and hopefully never having to go through another week like we did, and far more importantly, that no more families will have to go through a lifetime of which they have been unfairly sentenced.

It is natural to be skeptical of this, and if McMahon is serious, we will see major physical changes in much of the talent, both men and women. It's going to be a tough pill for a lot of people, wrestlers, fans and management, to swallow. We will have to accept the standards of real bodies, as opposed to bodies by science, and perhaps of a standard of physical punishment in matches diminished to a degree based on not using artificial means of recovery.

If the changes are not significant, people are not stupid and will know this is a fraud. This is not just physiques, but the entire nature of the business and lifestyles of many of the performers, if this is an honest policy, will have to change.

This is, after all, pro wrestling, which hardly has a sterling track record for honesty. I also was in the same place Vince McMahon was this past week, and please don't think for a minute that he doesn't care. You couldn't be human without this making a huge impression and wanting to do everything in your power to keep this from happening again.

But even from a cold business perspective, the circumstances of why this happened and very different from any other period. We not only had the death of a popular performer, but judging from feedback, the fan base, and the media, are a whole lot more savvy on this subject than they were in 1991 or 1996. It is horrible it took what it did for these problems to be addressed. We've all heard many times that the only consolation is that Eddie is in a better place. Maybe a second consolation is that Eddie's most important legacy in this business is that it took his death to save the lives of others. We can't turn back the clock. We can only look to the future.

Anonymous
11-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Grate read, VV. That, along with a Q&A from Brett himself posted here a few months back by Full Bug have gotten me into the impression Brett was screwed only because he wanted to screw the WWF himself. Or have I read this all wrong? I REALLY don't think I did...

Anonymous
11-21-2005, 09:40 PM
McMahon announces new drug policy

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

At a meeting with all talent from both brands before today's television tapings in Sheffield, England, Vince McMahon announced that the company is instituting a new drug testing policy.

Details of the policy were not announced, but there will be testing involved, and banning of use of all peformance enhancing drugs, including anabolic steroids, as well as recreational drugs. Three will also be policies put in place for abuse of prescription drugs, as well as a company policy regarding more regular and comprehensive cardiovascular examinations.

About time... this IS entertainment, but it does need to have drug control, if for no other reason but the health of the athletes.

rustoffa
11-21-2005, 09:44 PM
LMFAO!

USA Network is censoring the "You Suck" chant! (angle)

I thought it was a weather alert beep at first!!!

:lol: :monkey:

Vinnie Velvet
11-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Grate read, VV. That, along with a Q&A from Brett himself posted here a few months back by Full Bug have gotten me into the impression Brett was screwed only because he wanted to screw the WWF himself. Or have I read this all wrong? I REALLY don't think I did...

I agree. It wasn't a one-sided thing, where Bret was 100% screwed over by HBK and Vince.

I find it interesting though, that it was Michaels himself, who suggested the 'screwjob' finish about holding Bret Hart in a submission hold (the Sharpshooter) and having Earl Hebner call for the bell.

Vinnie Velvet
11-22-2005, 09:02 AM
About time... this IS entertainment, but it does need to have drug control, if for no other reason but the health of the athletes.

I agree!

Time for Batista to look normal.

:D

Soul Reaper
11-23-2005, 01:22 PM
I went to WWE Smackdown yesterday....

Much better live than on the TV....

It was fuckin' loud....and the wrestling was pretty good, imo....and the Divas were hot (Hemme and Melina)....the storylines were pretty pointless and predictable though....

I was surronded by marks (mostly little kids) but I didn't mind....although there was a cry of "Somone please help Batista" from somewhere....

I brought a 'LARG' sign with me....I don't think I was on the screen, so I probably won't be on TV.....

Soul Reaper
11-23-2005, 01:32 PM
There were a lot of "Eddie" chants and "Kennedy" chants....

and then there was this guy called Boogeyman.....who the feck is this guy?? he sung a Mary Poppins tune....

here's what he looked like in OVW:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/boogeyman/01.jpg

actually, I thought that kennedy guy was great....KENNNNNNNNEEDDDYYY.....and that Lashley is huge.....very quick match against Orlando Jordan....

but the tag team that made me laugh was The Dicks....what a name!!! and they looked like dickheads as well...another bunch of stupid big muscle wrestlers...

then there was Simon Dean....nuff said

Soul Reaper
11-23-2005, 02:51 PM
having an argument with WWE fans on WWE.com is like having an argument with 4 year olds....

Vinnie Velvet
11-23-2005, 03:26 PM
The Boogeyman.

Oh brother.

:rolleyes:

bueno bob
11-24-2005, 11:32 AM
There were a lot of "Eddie" chants and "Kennedy" chants....

and then there was this guy called Boogeyman.....who the feck is this guy?? he sung a Mary Poppins tune....

here's what he looked like in OVW:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/boogeyman/01.jpg

LARG RULES!!!

As far as this fuckstick is concerned, he apparently has none of it...

Soul Reaper
11-24-2005, 12:29 PM
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/boogeyman/

Did you know that he's actually 40 years old?

Mr Badguy
11-24-2005, 04:37 PM
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/boogeyman/

Did you know that he's actually 40 years old?

Who the fuck is he then?

You don`t first step into the ring when you`re 40.

He must have had a bunch of lame ass gimmicks before that never caught on.

Another mid carder for HHH to squash?

Toni Montana
11-24-2005, 09:51 PM
mang, one thang tonI montana dont git is how do you foolios watch this stoopid pro rasslin shite?

u mean u pendejos like 2 watch the masked avenger with his blue mask and speedos fake fight against cowboy carl?

mang, if you tontos really are dat interested in el fake-o lucha libre, let tonI montana tell you wutz gonna happen. masked blue avenger will be wiining the *cough*fight*cough* up until the 2nd round, but then in da 3rd round, ivan putin, the russian whos really from ohio will help cowboy carl cheat to win the fight.

hahahahehehe. u maricons make tonI montana laff. :D

twonabomber
11-24-2005, 10:49 PM
speaking of fake...the fake spic is back.

Mr Badguy
11-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Toni Montana
mang, one thang tonI montana dont git is how do you foolios watch this stoopid pro rasslin shite?

u mean u pendejos like 2 watch the masked avenger with his blue mask and speedos fake fight against cowboy carl?

mang, if you tontos really are dat interested in el fake-o lucha libre, let tonI montana tell you wutz gonna happen. masked blue avenger will be wiining the *cough*fight*cough* up until the 2nd round, but then in da 3rd round, ivan putin, the russian whos really from ohio will help cowboy carl cheat to win the fight.

hahahahehehe. u maricons make tonI montana laff. :D

And to think the stereotypical "rasslin" fan is supposed to be cut from the same cloth as this idiot.

You have the intelligence of a WWE booker.

Fuck off.

Soul Reaper
11-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Who the fuck is he then?

You don`t first step into the ring when you`re 40.

He must have had a bunch of lame ass gimmicks before that never caught on.

Another mid carder for HHH to squash?

Probably someone for UNDERTAKER to squash, he IS Smackdown after all...

a bit like Mordecai then....just another 'victim' for be squashed by Undertaker....

Caged
11-28-2005, 04:50 PM

You have the intelligence of a WWE booker.

Fuck off.

LOL Exactly. Right on Mr B.... Anyone who calls wrestling "rasslin" is a fucking tard. So far you are the 3rd mod here I am very impressed with. many stars for you!

Caged
11-28-2005, 04:54 PM
wrestlemania dream matches. Pick em. (wrestlers have to be at least alive)

Sting vs Undertaker
Randy Savage vs Shawn Michaels vs HHH
Austin vs Hogan (which looks to be happening)
Goldberg vs Stan Hansen :D
Brock vs Batista

Fairwrning
11-28-2005, 06:15 PM
HBK va. Brett Hart
Have those two been even close to each other since the McMahon face spit situation???

Mr Badguy
11-29-2005, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior Vs HHH

Not a big fan of either but there would be some genuine heat between those two.

It`ll never happen, though.

Dave's Bitch
11-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Caged
wrestlemania dream matches. Pick em. (wrestlers have to be at least alive)

Sting vs Undertaker
Randy Savage vs Shawn Michaels vs HHH
Austin vs Hogan (which looks to be happening)
Goldberg vs Stan Hansen :D
Brock vs Batista

Sting vs Undertaker? why
Goldberg vs Stan? why,goldberg might go and fuck up 3 spots in this match and force stan hansen to retire like he did with another legend *cough Bret Hart*

Caged
11-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Ok well, Undies vs stinger because both goth and both at prime. One Crow gimmick, one Dead Man gimmick. Thought it would be cool, and they'd protect each other int here and put on a good show.
Hansen vs Goldturd because Hansen at the age of 63 can kick the shit out of anyone including Billiam. The only purpose to put Goldturd in the ring now, is to watch him fuck up and fall... ;) Its poetry for Bret Hart fans everywhere.

Dave's Bitch
11-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Caged
Ok well, Undies vs stinger because both goth and both at prime. One Crow gimmick, one Dead Man gimmick. Thought it would be cool, and they'd protect each other int here and put on a good show.
Hansen vs Goldturd because Hansen at the age of 63 can kick the shit out of anyone including Billiam. The only purpose to put Goldturd in the ring now, is to watch him fuck up and fall... ;) Its poetry for Bret Hart fans everywhere.

lmao great reason for Goldberg Hansen :)

as for taker sting hmmm im not sure,sting you either love or hate.i liked his crow character coz i love the movie but in the ring he isnt anything great.he can work the crowd though,Taker is in a different class all together to sting

whats sting like backstage?

Anonymous
11-29-2005, 12:05 PM
That boogeyman character IS scary... in a "holy shit, they're bringing up the comic book characters again" kind of way.

Seriously, this is all fake, but what's wrong with a bit of seriousness and credibility? I think that "normal" characters like Batista, HHH, Shawn Michaels or Randy Orton - just to quote a few - make wrestling much more interesting between Divas matches than the whole freak show shenanigans. I REALLY hope this guy is just one of no others. And just when Hurricane became a normal wrestler...

Dave's Bitch
11-29-2005, 12:13 PM
lol he was such an effing joke,i saw him and just laughed my ass off.his finnisher was a pump handle slam so bad it reminded me of test

Full Bug
11-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior Vs HHH

Not a big fan of either but there would be some genuine heat between those two.

Why? Warrior already beat him in 30 seconds remember?:D

Caged
11-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Why? Warrior already beat him in 30 seconds remember?:D

warrior couldn't generate heat if he were on fire. that fucker is dead in the wrestling community.

as for what sting is like backstage, I think everything Ive ever read on him was he was a loner. kept to himself, maybe a few guys.

Full Bug
11-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Wrestling's "Nature Boy" booked for Charlotte road rage incident

NOVEMBER 29--Wrestler Ric "The Nature Boy" Flair surrendered this morning to North Carolina cops on misdemeanor charges that he throttled a fellow motorist during a road rage incident last week on Interstate 485. The 56-year-old Flair (real name: Richard Fliehr) was booked this morning at the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office, where the below mug shot was snapped. Flair, who allegedly grabbed a Charlotte man by the throat and kicked (and dented) the guy's Toyota during the November 23 confrontation, posted $1000 bond and was released. According to an arrest warrant, after roughing up Robert Steele, Flair told him that he "had his tag number and should knock the shit out of him." Flair is facing simple assault and battery and injury to personal property charges.

bfm
11-29-2005, 06:38 PM
thats a classic....

Full Bug
11-29-2005, 10:53 PM
Whooooooooooo!!!

Full Bug
11-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Will be picking this one up, look forward to seeing it.....

Hitman DVD comprehensive and respectful

Bret Hart DVD worth the wait

Who would have thought that, after the years of friction between Bret "Hitman" Hart and Vince McMahon, the two would be able to put aside their differences and work together once more. Thankfully they did, since it resulted in the release of the new DVD set, Bret Hart: The Best There Is, The Best There Was, the Best There Ever Will Be, a great look back at the career of one of wrestling's modern legends.

The three-disc set includes a two-hour retrospective of Bret's wrestling career, with Hart himself providing the commentary in the form of his personal views and observations of the events of his life in the industry.

There are some excellent clips of his early Calgary Stampede Wrestling days, and very interesting for many fans who might not have seen any of that footage before. Historians will appreciate the clips from those days which include snippets from his matches against stars like Nick Bockwinkel and The Dynamite Kid. The innovation of Stampede Wrestling is also showcased, and Bret is shown participating in various types of matches, including a leather-strap-on-a-pole match, a chain match, and a ladder match.

From there, his early WWE days are documented, and he discusses how he went from enhancement talent (aka 'Jobber') on the singles roster to tag team superstar as a member of the Hart Foundation.

Comments from other WWE stars are solicited from this point onwards, and insights are received from Jim Ross, Jimmy Hart, and Christian, as they talk about what made the Hart Foundation such a perfect combination of talent and personality, which ultimately led to their becoming tag team champions. This was a definitely a golden era for tag team wrestling, and Hart notes that being awarded the tag team championship during this time was particularly meaningful.

From there, Bret discusses his singles career at length. Though he enjoyed his time with Neidhart, Hart was looking to show that he was the best singles wrestler as well. He narrates us through several of his classic matches, and tells stories about some of his best opponents, including "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig, Davey Boy Smith, Ted DiBiase, and Roddy Piper among others.

This is the lengthiest segment of the story, which is logical, since it was his singles run that lasted the longest and produced such memorable career highlights, such as his incredible performances the night he won the King of the Ring. Bret prides himself on the fact that he was able to consistently put on brilliant matches, no matter who his opponent was, unlike some of the other main event names that couldn't match his diversity, namely Hulk Hogan and Lex Luger. And it is that quality that he believes ultimately earned him the WWE title.

Other major feuds that he covers are those with his brother Owen, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, and naturally, Shawn Michaels. His comments about Michaels are particularly telling, and you can tell that there is still some hostility there. He also discusses his last run as the leader of the Hart stable and the phenomenon of playing a hero in some countries yet a villain in the United States -- arguably the best-executed character developments in wrestling history. Bret calls this the best time of his career.

Of course, no discussion of Bret's career can overlook the Survivor Series incident from 1997. Bret is still disappointed at the way things happened, and feels that after he gave so much to the company, he genuinely felt like he was betrayed. In the end, both he and Vince acknowledge that what happened wasn't necessarily the right thing -- but neither of them would do anything differently.

Little mention is made about Bret's WCW run, and it's clear that Bret was disappointed with the way he was used, or rather mis-used by the company. Instead, most of the WCW coverage is dedicated to the tribute match he and Chris Benoit put on in Owen Hart's memory.

Bret's career-ending injury is covered in some depth, and then he talks about his life after his retirement from the ring, including his stroke. During his recovery, Hart gained a new appreciation for his life in general. His outlook on life changed as a result, and he acknowledges that his participation in this DVD is testament to that.

Throughout the career retrospective, Hart is fairly open with his comments and sharing his feelings. On more than one occasion he visibly chokes up, particularly when recounting his memories of his father, Smith, Hennig, and Owen.

The rest of the set is composed of some of Bret's greatest matches -- and there is quite the library to choose from in that regard. Included are some tag matches, including one against the British Bulldogs from Madison Square Gardens, and one against the Killer Bees. You can clearly see Hart's adaptability from tag team wrestling to singles matches, and his in-ring mastery is evident even early on.

What's interesting to see is how good tag team wrestling can be -- the crowds were incredibly hot for those matches (in fact, I remember when tag team matches were often the main event of a show), which is something you barely see anymore.

The singles matches featured are also brilliant showcases of his talents. One match pitting him against Ricky Steamboat from 1986 is a particular treat, as it was done right at the peak of Steamboat's career, and right at the point where Bret's singles career was just burgeoning. A match from three years later against "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase is another good affair, and it's during that one that the character that got fully developed into a champion shortly thereafter was present. Here is where he shows us the underdog character, as he takes a beating for much of the match -- as he says on the DVD, one of the things he does well is sell a beating and make the other guy look good. What's more is that he can do this and still keep the audience engaged for fairly lengthy matches (by today's TV standards).

In some cases, the commentary has changed -- for example, there is no commentary on the DiBiase match, and the Saturday Night's Main Event match features only play-by-play by Vince McMahon, presumably due to restrictions from using Jesse Ventura's voice (though a sentence or two from The Body manages to sneak through on occasion).

Other matches include many of Hart's most famous PPV encounters, including his Intercontinental title matches against the British Bulldog and Mr. Perfect, and his WrestleMania X match against Owen. One that I really enjoyed was a match he had against Owen shortly after their SummerSlam steel cage match. I hadn't seen it before -- it aired on the "Action Zone" program -- and I thought it was even better than that matchup.

Other matches featured are his In Your House encounters with Hakushi and the British Bulldog, his Survivor Series match against Diesel, and his WrestleMania 13 match against Austin where they pulled off the "double-turn", something that has never been pulled off as well since.

The last match included is the Owen Hart tribute match from Nitro. For anyone who hasn't seen this, it's a fantastic technical contest. But what really makes it special is the emotional aspect of the match, taking place in the Kemper Center where Owen tragically died. Both men, you can tell, are fighting against their emotions as well as against each other during the match.

The other features in the set include some quick interviews where he discusses life in the Hart family, life on the road with the Hart Foundation, early moments in his career, and the life of a professional wrestler in general. As well, there are two tribute videos on there as well; one, for his brother Dean, who died the night before the 1990 Survivor Series, and one which is a tribute to many of his friends who have passed away, including Mr. Perfect, Brian Pillman, and Davey Boy Smith, Hawk, "Big Bossman" Ray Traylor, Elizabeth, Adrian Adonis, and others. Hart truly wears his heart on his sleeve, openly breaking down when talking about Rick Rude, whom he calls a hero.

If there are any complaints about the package, they are minimal. First, as comprehensive as it was, and the sampling provided was indeed representative of Hart's best performances, there are many more that I would have liked to see. For example, his match against the 1-2-3 Kid from Monday Night Raw, or his Saturday Night's Main Event match against Randy Savage. His match against Ric Flair where he won his first WWE championship was discussed during the bio portion, so it would have made sense to include it in its entirety. Or the ladder match he had with Shawn Michaels. Perhaps they will do another set in the future so that these encounters can also be remembered.

Second, even though the biography was compelling, it would have been even more robust if the thoughts of some of the other key players had been included. For example, Jim Neidhart should have had the opportunity to talk about what it was like to team with Bret. Similarly, some of the legends whose matches against Bret are included, should have been allowed to have their say -- maybe have them and Bret do alternate commentary on their matches; it would have been easy to do, given that some of them, like Steamboat and DiBiase are working with the company again.

My last complaint -- and maybe it was just on the copy I got -- was that on the Austin match, the audio track was out of synch with the video, and the second or so delay was distracting and took away from my enjoyment of the match. If this is a technical glitch on my copy only, that's bad; if it's on every copy, then this is just inexcusable for WWE to have let that slip.

Those minor issues aside, overall, the set is a must-have for any wrestling fan. Bret Hart truly was one of the greatest performers of all time, and "Bret Hart: The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be" is a comprehensive and respectful look back at his legacy.

Full Bug
11-30-2005, 06:03 PM
I was going to go meet Bret at an autograph signing today at 6:00 pm figured I would make it there by around 3:00 pm, but when I called I was told people snagged wristbands first thing this morning, nice of the store to tell us there was a wristband policy even in effect, by the time I found out it was too late, bullshit, even got out stuff for him to sign and everthing and a camera, what a drag.....

monkeythe
11-30-2005, 11:17 PM
My biggest problem with the Bret Hart DVD is that the match with Bigelow is commentated in Spanish.

In other news, am I the only one that found the angle involving Eddie Guerrero's low rider to be in extremely poor taste? For those that missed it , TBS vs Mysterio ended with Randy Orton crashing Eddie's low rider into the SD set with the Undertaker in it. The show ended with the car exploding and the fate of the UT in question. If you want a longer explanation, check out my site at http://prowrestling.about.com

Full Bug
11-30-2005, 11:38 PM
I heard about it but didnt catch the show, just when I think Vince cant get any lower in this kinda crap he outdoes himself, unreal.....

rustoffa
12-01-2005, 12:25 AM
just when I think Vince cant get any lower in this kinda crap he outdoes himself, unreal.....

It'll probably get worse.

Vinnie Velvet
12-01-2005, 01:10 PM
What's up with that????

Why does Vince have to try and cash in on EVERYTHING??

Why the hell is the lowrider still there anyway? I guess we got our answer.

Full Bug
12-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Breaking News: Saturday Night's Main Event Returns To NBC

From WWE.com:

Saturday Night's Main Event returns in March

Saturday Night’s Main Event is returning to NBC this March after a 13-year hiatus. In the mid-1980s through early 1990s, WWE fans would scour the television listings each month — making sure they didn’t miss the highly anticipated special that replaced network staple Saturday Night Live on occasion. When Jon Lovitz, Dennis Miller and Dana Carvey weren’t performing comedy sketches, WWE Superstars were squaring off in matches that often took on a pay-per-view feel.

Here are some of the most memorable moments from the original run of Saturday Night’s Main Event:

On Nov. 2, 1985, Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd by disqualification in a match remembered for the size and stature of its participants.

On March 1, 1986, Hulk Hogan retained the WWE Championship against "Magnificent" Don Muraco via disqualification. But this match was infamous for King Kong Bundy’s interference and assault. In the end, Muraco and Bundy broke Hogan’s ribs.

On May 3, 1986, the British Bulldogs beat Iron Shiek & Nikolai Volkoff in a best two-of-three falls match for the World Tag Team Championship. This was indicative of the strength of the tag team division, which was often spotlighted on Saturday Night’s Main Event in multiple-fall battles.

On Jan. 3, 1987, Hulk Hogan battled “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff in a truly memorable Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship. Both men scaled the cage and hit the floor simultaneously, causing immense controversy and the restart of the match.

On Oct. 3, 1987, Honky Tonk Man nearly did the unthinkable: strike Elizabeth with his signature guitar during a match against Randy “Macho Man” Savage. Honky was aiming for the head of Savage, but a loving Elizabeth jumped in the way. Ultimately, Honky shoved Elizabeth to the floor and proceeded to smash Savage. Elizabeth rushed to the back and emerged with none other than Hulk Hogan. It was the beginning of the force known as the MegaPowers.

Full Bug
12-01-2005, 02:17 PM
You know what moment I always remember most about SNME? When Hogan superplexed Big Bossman off the top of the steel cage, that seems minor now but back then it was huge, Hogan and Bossman sold that one big time, likely the biggest bump Hogan ever took in his career as well.....

monkeythe
12-01-2005, 08:28 PM
I actually saw that move performed between them at an MSG show a few months earlier. The crowd went nuts when it happened.
My favorite SNME moment was the Hogan vs Orndorff cage match when they both left the ring at the same time

NATEDOG001976
12-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Pro wrestling is such a fucking joke. Watch the NFL or NHL!

NATEDOG001976
12-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Not Trying to offend anyone with my last post.....but come on guys, If I watch wrestling I'll take olympic or college wrestling!

Dave's Bitch
12-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976

not another "wrestling sucks because ITS FAKE" kinda guy

its sports entertainment,its more exiting than amateur,you get a good show as well as a good match

rustoffa
12-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Not Trying to offend anyone with my last post.....but come on guys, If I watch wrestling I'll take olympic or college wrestling!

The pro-wrestling fan base runs the gambit. It's a cuntfusing demographic. IMO, it's always been like that. In short, either folks get it, or they hate it. The nature of the "business" lends itself well to stereotyping from basically the same demographic that hates it.

Lowbrows' like it.
Lowbrows' hate it.

Highbrows' like it.
Highbrows' hate it.

Rinse, repeat, whateverthefuck.

monkeythe
12-02-2005, 01:25 AM

You're just bitter that Jesse Ventura was your governor

Mr Badguy
12-02-2005, 07:42 AM

This is like all those people who tell you that Heavy Metal isn`t real music.

If you don`t like it fair enough, but don`t tell me what I should like.

Soul Reaper
12-02-2005, 01:00 PM

Olympic wrestling bores me....I want to be entertained....true, WWE can be bore to tears sometimes....but there's a load of exciting wrestling out there....things like ECW and NWWL....

Full Bug
12-05-2005, 02:53 PM
dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Joey Styles was signed to a five-year contract to be the lead voice of Raw, officially ending his temporary status, sometime over the last week.

WWE released Christy Hemme this morning.
Good, she was fine to look at very annoying as hell....
Another great move by the WWE, give her 1,000,000 for winning that Diva crap then fire her a little while later, and this company makes money?:rolleyes:

Vinnie Velvet
12-05-2005, 04:33 PM
dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Joey Styles was signed to a five-year contract to be the lead voice of Raw, officially ending his temporary status, sometime over the last week.

Another great move by the WWE, give her 1,000,000 for winning that Diva crap then fire her a little while later, and this company makes money?:rolleyes:

Wow. Hemme's gone??

She was a hot bitch.

But that's about it.

She can go on the list of other Divas who posed for Playboy only later to get the shaft or leave:

Sable
Chyna
now Hemme

As for Styles, well, good for him. I like Joey. But god, please remove Coach from the announce team. He's god awful!!!!!

Styles and the King are good enough.

Anonymous
12-05-2005, 07:33 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why Christy? Why? She had talent... she had future! She could improve, she...

I... hate... Mc... Mahon...

Vinnie Velvet
12-06-2005, 10:54 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why Christy? Why? She had talent... she had future! She could improve, she...

I... hate... Mc... Mahon...

Its possible she was unwilling to suck Vince's dick.

Literally.

VHdamaco
12-07-2005, 12:07 AM
not another "wrestling sucks because ITS FAKE" kinda guy

its sports entertainment,its more exiting than amateur,you get a good show as well as a good match

i wrestle amateurly, as with any type of professional match, it all depends on who's wrestling who as to whether or not its a good match...

i enjoy watching pro wrestling for the entertainment and the t and a, but i don't care for the story lines...

my buddy is actually a pro wrestler right now and has given me some insight as to how that particular world works; and i give him (and all wrestlers) credit because he has a lot to worry about (himself, his opponent, the proper placement for stunts and all that kind of stuff). when i wrestle, the only thing i care about is that my opponent is counting lights. all kinds of wrestlers are athletes, and i respect all of them...

sucks about CH though, she was one hot diva...

Mr Badguy
12-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by VHdamaco
my buddy is actually a pro wrestler right now and has given me some insight as to how that particular world works; and i give him (and all wrestlers) credit because he has a lot to worry about (himself, his opponent, the proper placement for stunts and all that kind of stuff).

You bet your ass.

Could you get the crap beaten out of you 300 days a year?

How would you feel when every idiot who knows nothing about pro wrestling tells you that it`s all fake?

Those guys deserve a lot of respect for the punishing work and travelling schedule they have to live with.

Soul Reaper
12-07-2005, 07:34 AM
WHY?!!

oh cruel world, no more Hemme.....

how much more can WWE go downhill??!!

VHdamaco
12-07-2005, 08:51 AM
You bet your ass.

Could you get the crap beaten out of you 300 days a year?

How would you feel when every idiot who knows nothing about pro wrestling tells you that it`s all fake?

Those guys deserve a lot of respect for the punishing work and travelling schedule they have to live with.

i train year round, so i know how that feels/goes;

i'm not gonna lie, i'd be pissed if i was a pro-wrestler and someone was screaming "it's fake, it's fake" to me. it's on the same level to me as when someone comes up to me and says "you're a fag, you sit there and roll around with other guys all sweaty and stuff, fag." if you think aobut it, pro wrestlers do the same thing, they just have cool moves that take peoples minds off of that part (also the divas tits help too i'd imagine...)

i do give them nothing but props...

Full Bug
12-07-2005, 12:27 PM

how much more can WWE go downhill??!!
I'm sure we will find out....

Anonymous
12-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Its possible she was unwilling to suck Vince's dick.

Literally.

I like to think that too... Gail Kim, Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme... shit.

Vince is gay.

Vinnie Velvet
12-07-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm sure we will find out....

WWE is damn lucky that they don't have any big competition, as in the years 1996-2001.

If TNA or any other organization became bigger, then you'd see WWE concentrate more on its own product and get better.

Mr Badguy
12-08-2005, 11:06 AM
WWE is damn lucky that they don't have any big competition, as in the years 1996-2001.

If TNA or any other organization became bigger, then you'd see WWE concentrate more on its own product and get better.

I think TNA is getting better.

The X division is brilliant.

Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Petey Williams, Samoa Joe and Chris Sabin are all amazing workers.

And Raven, Rhino, Ron Killings and Monty Brown are the best of the Heavyweights.

It`s a pity that Jarrett is TNA`s HHH.

All they could need is a killer storyline, much like the WCW had with NWO, it push them into the really big time.

Soul Reaper
12-08-2005, 02:27 PM
I'll watch TNA tomorrow...it's on Eurosport, isn't it?

Full Bug
12-08-2005, 03:15 PM
I think TNA is getting better.
The X division is brilliant.
Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Petey Williams, Samoa Joe and Chris Sabin are all amazing workers.
It`s a pity that Jarrett is TNA`s HHH.

Very true.....
I look forward to the special they have on tonite.....

Mr Badguy
12-08-2005, 04:13 PM
I'll watch TNA tomorrow...it's on Eurosport, isn't it?

Nah, channel 427.

The wrestling channel!

Anonymous
12-08-2005, 11:11 PM
TNA is... mildly entertaining. Although there IS talent over there, the matches could use a bit more rehearsal to make them look more real. As it is, some of the matches are just downright ridiculous. There is much space for improvement in my opinion.

Mr Badguy
12-09-2005, 08:07 AM
TNA is... mildly entertaining. Although there IS talent over there, the matches could use a bit more rehearsal to make them look more real. As it is, some of the matches are just downright ridiculous. There is much space for improvement in my opinion.

Some of the stupid match endings remind me a lot of WCW.

How many times can Jarrett break a guitar over someones head?

A lot of pointless end of match run ins, DQs and heel turns also.

Soul Reaper
12-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Nah, channel 427.

The wrestling channel!

nah.....I have fuckin' NTL Digital....no Wrestling Channel for me....

dammit!

Full Bug
12-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Luger back in jail

Lex Luger's legal woes continue as the 47-year-old wrestler is currently in Hennepin County Jail in Minneapolis.

Lawrence Pfohl is being held without bail with a court appearance scheduled on the 22nd on two felonies, a drug charge from the state of Georgia and a fugitive from justice charge stemming from that same original charge.

Pfohl and Marcus Bagwell were taken off an airpline in Minneapolis on the way to a wrestling date in Winnipeg on Tuesday due to a disturbance. Both were allowed to get on a later flight.

Both wrestlers, along with Scott Rechsteiner, were detained for a long period (between 90 minutes and three hours) at the border before Bagwell and Rechsteiner were allowed to enter the country. Pfohl was sent back, likely because they discovered the outstanding warrant, and arrested after he arrived in Minneapolis.

Pfhol has faced one legal problem after another since the folding of WCW, between DUI arrests, drugs like steroids and Growth Hormone found at his home when Elizabeth Hulette passed away, and he spent a lengthy period of time in jail in Atlanta due to nonpayment of child support.

Full Bug
12-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Yoshihiro Tajiri was released today by WWE. This was just weeks after he had signed a new three-year contract. The decision was likely his as in a magazine column he wrote that came out a few days ago, he talked about how many wrestlers were tired and unhappy following the death of Guerrero, and the European tour, and hinted of wanting to get out. Tajiri is scheduled for Monday's Raw as his final appearance.

Soul Reaper
12-11-2005, 09:17 AM
More releases = more big no brain muscle wrestlers coming in....

monkeythe
12-12-2005, 02:43 AM
The Vince not allowing people to use the names they had before WWE happened again tonight. Kanyon wrestled as Chris K tonight. I think Vince is still bitter about the panda bear taking away his F.

Mr Badguy
12-12-2005, 08:38 AM
The Vince not allowing people to use the names they had before WWE happened again tonight. Kanyon wrestled as Chris K tonight. I think Vince is still bitter about the panda bear taking away his F.

That`s ridiculous.

I know Kanyon probably won`t sell many tickets but Chris K sure as hell won`t.

Soul Reaper
12-12-2005, 11:07 AM

just when you thought things couldn't get more pathetic....

would someone like Tommy Dreamer have to wrestle as Tommy D, if he joined?!

pathetic....

rustoffa
12-18-2005, 01:37 AM

Caught the show earlier....
Shane Douglas as interviewer is heelarious.

monkeythe
12-19-2005, 12:12 AM
RIP Tim White, We hardly knew you.
For those lucky enough to have missed it, he shot himself with a shotgun off camera during a sketch on the PPV. This was a a scripted event.

Anonymous
12-19-2005, 04:26 PM
What? He was scripted to shoot himself? With a real shotgun or a fake one? Talk about a killer job! :rofl:

Big Troubles
12-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Kid Kash is looking good. CM Punk should be called up soon. Same with Ken Doane. Things will start to get a bit more interesting again. Maybe Vince will shoot himself at the next PPV? :D

Big Troubles
12-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Then we can do the happy dance!

Anonymous
12-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Maybe Vince will shoot himself at the next PPV? :D

Anything to increase ratings... one can only hope. :(

monkeythe
12-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Kid Kash is looking good. CM Punk should be called up soon. Same with Ken Doane. Things will start to get a bit more interesting again. Maybe Vince will shoot himself at the next PPV? :D

After the way the crowd crapped on the Kash-Juvi match, the cruiserweights will be lucky to even be on Velocity

Big Troubles
12-19-2005, 08:05 PM
After the way the crowd crapped on the Kash-Juvi match, the cruiserweights will be lucky to even be on Velocity

i didn't order it. (thank god) but yeah I read that the match was a silent appreciation. shame really. Knoble looked good apparently.

Big Troubles
12-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Anything to increase ratings... one can only hope. :(

fuck if they want good ratings, they need to start appealing to the wrestling audience a bit more and stop insulting the intellegence of their demographic. People that SHOULD be champions, based on wrestling ability and above average mic skills: London & Spanky, Benoit, Triple H, Kash, Kennedy and Boogeyman. :D Fuck I love that guy!

Anonymous
12-19-2005, 08:26 PM
The Boogeyman? You're not serious... are you?

Full Bug
12-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Police Called To Tim White's Bar Over Suicide Segment

In what might blow away any past awards for sheer absurdity within wrestling; the aftermath of the sketch on Sunday night's Armageddon PPV, in which a "despondent" Tim White was depicted at his Friendly Tap bar outside of Providence, RI, downing shots and beers (dealing with the pain of his legitimate injuries suffered at a previous Hell In The Cell match) then taking a rifle and off screen, firing the gun, with an implied suicide, resulted in the following...in real-life.

According to the webmaster of the FriendlyTap.com website for Tim White's bar, this skit blew up to the extent that:

1) Local Cumberland, CT police got an estimated 1,000 phone calls about the "suicide" depicted on the PPV.

2) The door of White's Friendly Tap bar was pried off the hinges by local police and fire, causing $3,000 in damages.

3) White himself has to give a deposition regarding the incident to local police, who were upset about not having been clued in ahead of time to the sketch.

4) The e-mail address of the bar recived 4,000 e-mails of condolence and comment.

This reaction may rank up there with the classic September 1, 1990 angle in which Jerry Lawler was run over by an automobile driven by Eddie Gilbert on the live WMC Memphis TV show; causing Memphis police to storm the studio looking for Gilbert.

Big Troubles
12-20-2005, 01:36 PM
The Boogeyman? You're not serious... are you?

I LOVE that fuckin' gimmick. It rawks. Eating worms, doing his little gyration. Doesn't it remind you of the gimmicks they had in the 90's? :lol:

Anonymous
12-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Doesn't it remind you of the gimmicks they had in the 90's? :lol:

Yes it does... the cartoon characters. Sorry T., but I can't agree with you on this one. Wrestling's a circus, but I like it to be at least a bit 'real'. I loved it in the 90's - but I was a lil' squirt back then. :D

Tatanka, Kamala, Papa Shango... thanks for all the good times. Now please, go away. :)

Mr Badguy
12-21-2005, 07:42 AM
SKINNER!

Who would have thought that a balding, tobacco chewing snake hunter wouldn`t sell tickets?

WARF
12-23-2005, 06:26 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Big Troubles
12-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Yes it does... the cartoon characters. Sorry T., but I can't agree with you on this one. Wrestling's a circus, but I like it to be at least a bit 'real'. I loved it in the 90's - but I was a lil' squirt back then. :D

Tatanka, Kamala, Papa Shango... thanks for all the good times. Now please, go away. :)

LOL well yeah, I dont want Kamala nd Shango to show up. Personally I think Vis is stretching the realm of what I like in terms of comedy. But for pure funny, ha ha, stuff, Boogeyman is fuckin great. He's comin to getcha! :D

An idea on the new GM. Has anyone thought of the idea of a comitee? Like say Dusty Rhodes, Stephanie, Shane, Candice Michelle, Coach, Eric Bishoff, Paul Heyman plus Vince heading it up. Picture them sitting around a table all deciding on what matches will take place this week on Raw. Some of them can counter point some of the wrestlers chances of a title shot while others could encourage the fact that "this person" deserves a title shot. I think that would make interesting tv. They have a lot of legends under contract. What better way of using them. Ok. Commitee of 12. They are:

Ricky Steamboat
Dusty Rhodes
Harley Race
Shane McMahon
Eric Bischoff
Stephanie McMahon
Paul Heyman
Jim Cornette
Jim Ross
Arn Anderson
Ric Flair
Vince McMahon

Its better than the same ol' one GM battling the good guy every week.

Mr Badguy
12-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey, did anyone see the "Smackdown!" review of the year?

Interestingly, there was a big picture of Sting on the wall behind Tazz, in a kind of gallery featuring Hogan, Rock and HHH.

I wonder...

rustoffa
12-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Didn't they mention Sting supposedly being ready for the rafters @ TNA last week?

Dusty is the new GM.

Big Troubles
12-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Didn't they mention Sting supposedly being ready for the rafters @ TNA last week?

Dusty is the new GM.

yup, Sting is choosing the odd-ball setting of TNA. Dont get me wrong, theres some good young wrestlers there, but it's also filled with has-beens and washed up throw aways. Not a good place to practice your craft Sting! He really should have worked out a deal (part time) with Vince. especially now considering Wrestlemania is upon us. Whats the build for Wrestlemania this year? Whats the BIG match? Austin vs Hogan is rumored but its lookin' more and more unlikely as neither side will want to job.

Dusty the new GM? Fo Weel? :D

rustoffa
12-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles Dusty the new GM? Fo Weel? :D
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=805595

That's the funniest fucking picture I've seen in a long time......
:lol:

Mr Badguy
12-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Dusty is the new GM.

That`s hard times, Daddy.

Full Bug
12-24-2005, 08:41 AM
If Dusty is on WWE tv soon I may actually stop watching wrestling....

rustoffa
12-24-2005, 10:58 PM
I just hope my prognosticating is right!

Big Troubles
12-28-2005, 09:42 AM
still no GM??? I still want the idea of a commitee. 3 Minute Warning returning too...could be good. Ive been watching alot of ROH lately, downloaded from Limewire. Great shit.
Kurt Angle cant feel too good talkin' smack about the soldiers...

Dave's Bitch
12-28-2005, 10:36 AM
3 minute warning returning cannot be good

Big Troubles
12-28-2005, 05:13 PM
wwe needs tag teams. 3mw could be a good thing.

Roth & Roll
12-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Dusty Rhodes as GM may not be a bad thing; but only if he's not booking for WWE. I've never been a big fan of Dusty but he has had a reputation for being one of the top mic-men in the history of the industry. An on-screen role for Dusty which does not require him to wrestle so long as Dusty isn't booking in any way, shape or form.

If Dusty is booking, the WWE is in severe trouble. We can look forward to watching a 50-something, droopy breasted old man giving himself main-event pushes.

Mr Badguy
12-29-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll
Dusty Rhodes as GM may not be a bad thing; but only if he's not booking for WWE. I've never been a big fan of Dusty but he has had a reputation for being one of the top mic-men in the history of the industry. An on-screen role for Dusty which does not require him to wrestle so long as Dusty isn't booking in any way, shape or form.

If Dusty is booking, the WWE is in severe trouble. We can look forward to watching a 50-something, droopy breasted old man giving himself main-event pushes.

Wrestlemania XXII Main Event:

World title unification match: Dusty Rhoads VS Goldust

Big Troubles
12-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll

yeah. besides we already have to watch Ric Flair and Roddy Piper, right? :D Flair's got bigger tits than my wife and Roddy is whiter than my turkey left-overs.

Dusty by himself could be BIG TROUBLES. He mumbles and slurs. And Im not sure if that's a gimmick or not. I think he's really gone retarded. If anything, put him at a table with Arn, Steamboat, Orndorff, Jimmy Hart, Vince and Steph, along with Heyman and Cornette and you got yourself a pretty damn impressive WWE Championship committee.

Mr Badguy
01-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Just saw the Batista rape angle.

Boy, it is so dumb for him to get involved in a storyline depicting himself as a sex offender.

Full Bug
01-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Road Dog and Billy Gunn just slam HHH here, pretty funny, check it out.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=Jz46dHxK_Do

Mr Badguy
01-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Wow, Sting has signed with TNA.

Why not WWE?

It can`t be about the money.

You would have thought Vince would have dug deep as Sting would have secured a few more buys for "Wrestlemania XXII".

Maybe the Stinger thinks that he would be a mid carder in WWE while in TNA he will walk straight into a main event at "Final resolution" teaming with Christian against Monty Brown and Jeff Jarrett.

Thanks to Monkeythe`s website for the info.

Mr Grimsdale
01-06-2006, 08:21 AM
PENIS

Vinnie Velvet
01-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Wow, Sting has signed with TNA.

Why not WWE?

It can`t be about the money.

You would have thought Vince would have dug deep as Sting would have secured a few more buys for "Wrestlemania XXII".

Maybe the Stinger thinks that he would be a mid carder in WWE while in TNA he will walk straight into a main event at "Final resolution" teaming with Christian against Monty Brown and Jeff Jarrett.

Thanks to Monkeythe`s website for the info.

I think that's probably it.

I think Sting saw what happened to other WCW mainstays (Booker T, Benoit, etc.) and thought he'd get smothered by the likes of HHH, HBK, Undertaker --- the WWE staples.

I heard he actually didn't like the WWE product.

Mr Grimsdale
01-06-2006, 09:04 AM
PENIS

Big Troubles
01-06-2006, 02:35 PM
I think Grimsdale's got it. It's all about the penis.

Sting signed for one year in TNA to work a semi full time deal. That's fucked up. I thought for sure Sting would've picked up the phone and called Vince (or the other way around) and made a deal in time for Wrestlemania as well. Stings not all that great, but he is the last of the big names that have not worked for WWE.

I read somewhere that Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair want to arrange a match up for Wrestlemania, if Vince grants it.

Could be good. Id rather see Jake Roberts clean his act up and get himself in some sort of working shape for a good run. What a waste of talent he turned out to be. Shame really.

So are we gonna have to sit thru a Shawn Michaels vs Vince McMahon match??? Ugh! The only thing to save that match is a Bret Hart cameo or ref job.

What Vince needs to do is settle with Brock Lesnar and bring his ass in for Wrestlemania to face Batista. He also needs to call up some fighters like Bob Sapp, Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell and Daniel Puder to bring a more legit feel to the profession.

Big Troubles
01-06-2006, 02:38 PM

I think Sting saw what happened to other WCW mainstays (Booker T, Benoit, etc.) and thought he'd get smothered by the likes of HHH, HBK, Undertaker --- the WWE staples.

I heard he actually didn't like the WWE product.

Benoit won the World title, IC 2 or 3 times and tag titles a few times.

Booker T has been in more major angles and pushes than anyone in the last 2 years.

HHH, Undertaker and HBK are the wrestlers that Sting would be wrestling, so it's not logical that he'd be smothered by them.

The interview I read about Sting, and this was last year, was that he watched "on occassion" WWE television and liked SOME of the product, but it was mainly the storylines that conflicted with his religion.

Anonymous
01-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Road Dog and Billy Gunn just slam HHH here, pretty funny, check it out.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=Jz46dHxK_Do

Triple H stabbed Orton in the back????????? :lol:

Evolution was about making Orton and Batista, two guys that love wrestling more than anything, BIG. And it did. Only Orton is so good that keeping him in Evolution longer would only hold him back. He needed to go out there alone, and he had proved that he could more than enough by then. Batista, on the other hand, was a completely different case... he was clumsy. He needed to be carried for a little while longer. And that's what HHH and the Nature Boy did, I think. Be that as it may, Orton and Batista are two of the greatest names in Wrestling today, are they not?

Big Troubles
01-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Triple H stabbed Orton in the back????????? :lol:

Evolution was about making Orton and Batista, two guys that love wrestling more than anything, BIG. And it did. Only Orton is so good that keeping him in Evolution longer would only hold him back. He needed to go out there alone, and he had proved that he could more than enough by then. Batista, on the other hand, was a completely different case... he was clumsy. He needed to be carried for a little while longer. And that's what HHH and the Nature Boy did, I think. Be that as it may, Orton and Batista are two of the greatest names in Wrestling today, are they not?

Kip, Mr Ass, Bad Ass, "BA" Billy Gunn, Monty Sopp, AssMan and Road Doggy Dog- Brian Armstrong are two of the biggest whinners on the fuckin' planet. They went from making 10 g's a month to making 10 g's a year. They prob didn't save their money and now that they are 100 miles away from HHH, why not talk trash about him.

HHH should do a shoot interview and talk about Monty Sopps inability to cut a promo for the first 6 years of his career and how HHH used to help him in the back, coming up with catch phrases. HHH should also mention how it was him, Michaels and Waltman that went to Vince and asked him to place the New Age Outlaws in a team with DX. Billy-Willy is the only wrestler that I know of, that has had 15 gimmicks and 25 heel/face pushes and STILL couldn't get over even in a mega popular group like DX. "and if you're not down with that, we got two words for ya Billy.... Fuck you".

And Mr "Ive turned my life around and now Im happy as a urine sample" Road Dog. It didn't take him too long to trash Vince and Co. when he was released for being a total mess at every taping and live event. I believe coke was the choice at the time. Everytime I read a wrestler cry about what the WWE "did to them" makes me sick. Out of all the workers relesed in the past year Id say maybe, MAYBE 3 were shocking. Gail Kim. Charlie Haas and Christy Hemme. Everyone else was an injured horse with no use.

Big Troubles
01-07-2006, 10:06 AM
oh yeah... Good luck with TNA Juvi... :D

Full Bug
01-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Good points BT, I always thought Billy Gunn was overrated....

Big Troubles
01-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Good points BT, I always thought Billy Gunn was overrated.... Big time overrated... Although I did like the NAO, when they were "mainstream".... But if you look back at their intro's, Billy shakes like a nervous virgin everytime he has to say "and if you're not down with that...." ever notice? He's a worthless tit.

and a loser....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/soppmonty1.html

Anonymous
01-07-2006, 08:47 PM
HHH should do a shoot interview and talk about Monty Sopps inability to cut a promo for the first 6 years of his career and how HHH used to help him in the back, coming up with catch phrases. HHH should also mention how it was him, Michaels and Waltman that went to Vince and asked him to place the New Age Outlaws in a team with DX. Billy-Willy is the only wrestler that I know of, that has had 15 gimmicks and 25 heel/face pushes and STILL couldn't get over even in a mega popular group like DX. "and if you're not down with that, we got two words for ya Billy.... Fuck you".

There are two reasons I can think of as why Triple H should NOT do that. First, is that if he did, he'd stoop down to their level AND would give those guys undeserved attention from wrestling fans. Second, The Game was, is and will always be a heel. If there are 3 retards in the audience who believe these guys and start genuinely booing Hunter when he enters, the other 1,246 peeps in the audience will boo HHH with even more intensity than they would otherwise. What more could you ask for if you're a heel?

Out of all the workers relesed in the past year Id say maybe, MAYBE 3 were shocking. Gail Kim. Charlie Haas and Christy Hemme. Everyone else was an injured horse with no use.

I agree with you on that. Charlie Haas was a grate wrestler and I can't think of a reason why they would fire his arse. As for Gail Kim, she had talent, was smokin' hot, and you have to remember that the FIRST time she appeared on RAW, WWE betted enough on her to make her win the Women's title. What happened? And Christy... Why, oh why?You could see her improving on each and every match, and she LOVED wrestling, you could really see it. Who can forget her smile when she applied the 'Doomsday Device' on Melina on the 'No Mercy' PPV? She was so excited she forgot to put Melina's shoulders on the canvas to make the pin.

I larve you Christy... I want you to get me pregnant.

Big Troubles
01-08-2006, 09:57 AM
LMAO! Hemme will prob be back sooner than later. (although Ive read she resigned for a smaller amount of $$$ with WWE and still got released soon after-wtf?) Haas has announced his return to Raw and to be involved with the Shelton/Mama angle... Gail Kim... Yeah I dunno what they were thinking there. She was smokin' hot, Asian and very well schooled in pro wrestling. Vince McMahon is listening to the wrong ppl. The best thing Vince could do is release Johnny Ace, re-hire Ross for Talent Relations and start hiring ex-wrestlers with no agenda to write wrestling shows. Promo's should be off the wall improv's not scripts.

rustoffa
01-08-2006, 09:19 PM
What Vince needs to do is settle with Brock Lesnar and bring his ass in for Wrestlemania to face Batista.

Here's to a little less rotation on his next moonsault.

:cool:

Big Troubles
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Less? dont you mean more? :cool: Hey maybe Vince will finally see the great wrestling ability in that Hak guy. :D Im farkin ya!

monkeythe
01-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Edge beat Cena last night to win the title when he cashed in his money in the bank title shot after the Elimination Chamber match.
Batista possibly suffered a torn tricep and is seeing Dr Andrews tomorrow.
By the way, Dusty has not been named GM.

Mr Badguy
01-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Cena dropped the belt (YES!) to Edge (NO!) and the two will have a rematch at the Royal Rumble (YAWN!).

That pair of no hopers almost make you want HHH to have another title run.

Why not have Angle win it?

He would be a killer heel champ.

Cena and Edge are at best upper mid carders to me and would be better off in the Rumble itself.

Dave's Bitch
01-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Cena dropped the belt (YES!) to Edge (NO!) and the two will have a rematch at the Royal Rumble (YAWN!).

Cena and Edge are at best upper mid carders to me and would be better off in the Rumble itself.

that is EXACTLY what i found myself saying after i watched the ppv.

omg did you hear the crowd when Angle suplexd Cena,they blew the roof offa the arena

Vinnie Velvet
01-10-2006, 03:23 PM

But why not have HBK win it for once??

How many more times will we see Shawn wrestle in title matches and not ever win it???

Its almost a given now that whenever we see Michaels get a title shot, he'll never actually win it.

Dave's Bitch
01-10-2006, 04:23 PM
i would love to see the belt around Shawns waist again,he is in the top 3 ppl there yet he never gets the belt.i meen for god sake him feuding with vince is pathetic,vince just plain isnt tough but you just know at mania shawn will get beat up for a large portion of the match and just edge a win over the fearsome vince.its so fucking stupid grrrr

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Anonymous
01-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really NOT excited at all about Cena losing the belt - finally! Jaysus! Edge, nowadays, is hardly a serious wrestler. I mean, if this had happened a few months ago, back when Edge was rapidly rising and nothing seemed to stop him, yeah it would make sense. But now, after the soap opera bullshit with Kane AND its repetition with Matt Hardy AND the fact that Edge has not been in the ring much as of late, it's kind of... well, shit.

I actually believe that either AAngle or Michaels would make better WWE Champions at this point than Edge. And I sure hope Cena's not getting it back again. Still, it could be worse... Master could've won it. :rofl:

rustoffa
01-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Less? dont you mean more? :cool: Hey maybe Vince will finally see the great wrestling ability in that Hak guy. :D Im farkin ya!

Proper rotation in the "post-Hak" days.....

monkeythe
01-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Don't want to spoil anything but I will say that many of the prior posts wishes has come true. Watch SD on Friday night.

Now the important question, who has pictures of the nipple slip on Monday night. FOr those that didn't see it, While Edge gave Lita his spear in the bed, the screen went black because Lita's boob or boobies (i just like those words OK) were exposed.

Full Bug
01-11-2006, 05:19 AM
But why not have HBK win it for once??

How many more times will we see Shawn wrestle in title matches and not ever win it???

Its almost a given now that whenever we see Michaels get a title shot, he'll never actually win it.
Maybe Vince is worried Shawn will "Lose his smile" again and not job to anyone like he didnt years before, although to Shawns credit he does jobs alot more then he used to.....

Mr Badguy
01-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really NOT excited at all about Cena losing the belt - finally! Jaysus! Edge, nowadays, is hardly a serious wrestler. I mean, if this had happened a few months ago, back when Edge was rapidly rising and nothing seemed to stop him, yeah it would make sense. But now, after the soap opera bullshit with Kane AND its repetition with Matt Hardy AND the fact that Edge has not been in the ring much as of late, it's kind of... well, shit.

I actually believe that either AAngle or Michaels would make better WWE Champions at this point than Edge. And I sure hope Cena's not getting it back again. Still, it could be worse... Master could've won it. :rofl:

I just don`t think Edge is over and I think giving him the belt is a last throw of the dice to try and get him to main event status.

I wouldn`t pay to see the guy personally and I don`t think I`m alone.

Neither his wrestling abilities, persona or charisma are much to write home about.

I think Christian is by far more successful than his former tag partner as a singles competitor, although he`s now in TNA.

Nah, I just don`t rate Edge although anybody is better than that goofball rap shit Cena does.

Angle...now there`s a guy that puts arses on Arena seats.

Mr Badguy
01-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Now the important question, who has pictures of the nipple slip on Monday night. FOr those that didn't see it, While Edge gave Lita his spear in the bed, the screen went black because Lita's boob or boobies (i just like those words OK) were exposed.

Really?

Someone post that.

I`ve got the tissues ready.