• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

it was a crappy show last night.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Lqskydiver

I think all the McMahons need to get back in the ring. The idea of owners getting their shit kicked and booed by the crowd was very appealing story wise. My guess is that they got tired of being viewed that way in the public eye and decided to remain on the business side of things.

Story lines have sucked big time...lost my interest long ago.

Comment

• Full Bug
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        it was a crappy show last night.
        I hope you didnt waste the 30 bucks for the PPV, the only PPV I'm going to get this year is Wrestlemania.....
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Full Bug
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lqskydiver
          I think all the McMahons need to get back in the ring. The idea of owners getting their shit kicked and booed by the crowd was very appealing story wise. My guess is that they got tired of being viewed that way in the public eye and decided to remain on the business side of things.

I dont know, if I have to listen to Stephs awful voice again I think I might scream, she has to be the worst interview ever.....
          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
            I hope you didnt waste the 30 bucks for the PPV, the only PPV I'm going to get this year is Wrestlemania.....
            nah. Grimes and i watched it at BW3. going there to watch Wrestlemania too.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm really surprised Eddie GUERRERO won the WWE title last night from Brock, never thought I would see the day Eddie was a WWE champion, somehow I cant see him holding the belt very long....
              Eddie won the belt?

Wow, I never saw that coming.

However, if you think about it, it frees Lesnar up to face Goldberg at WMXX.

And Angle gets a title shot on the same card.

That might make a good match.

Bill V Brock for the belt would have sucked.
              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• rustoffa
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

The show was pretty bad.Never get tired of watching the Big Slow take bumps though,he looks like a candidate for an in ring coronary.Angle/Guerro for the title should be very good.Heyman screaming "help" on the mic was hilarious.Smackdown's tag-team division sucks patootey.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hey, I just ordered the Ric Flair DVD.

I`m looking forward to watching the last "Nitro" again, as when it was first broadcast it caught me out.

From what I remember, Flair was awesome on the mic when he let loose his tirade against Vince.

Can`t wait.
                  sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Elitest

It might be a good show, its kinda hit and miss when it comes to the Smackdown roster, personally I would rather go to a show with the Raw roster.....

well its nearly $40 a ticket so perhaps not then ?

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                      Hey, I just ordered the Ric Flair DVD.

I`m looking forward to watching the last "Nitro" again, as when it was first broadcast it caught me out.

From what I remember, Flair was awesome on the mic when he let loose his tirade against Vince.

Can`t wait.
                      It's probably the best "WWE Biography" vid they've done so far.A friend did an interview with him last week for the local paper.A preview-type piece for the upcoming RAW here.I'll post the transcript when it's up.

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Vince v/s Flair at the Rumble here. 1/20/02

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I got it.

The "Reeking of sex appeal" promo in the Sting section, has to be the funniest wrestling promo ever.

Flair rules!
                          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

By the way, if you like a laugh, go to:

The home of the worst of pro wrestling! WrestleCrap looks back at the weird, whacky, unforgettable and truly bizarre moments in wrestling history.

The very worst ideas and gimmicks.

Very funny.
                            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• rustoffa
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Flair AJC interview

From AJC.com with props to my friend Jon Waterhouse:

SPORTS: A FEW QUESTIONS WITH . . . Ric Flair
                              Jon Waterhouse - For the Journal-Constitution
                              Thursday, February 26, 2004

WHOOO! THE NATURE BOY HIMSELF, wrestling icon Ric Flair, is coming back to town. Flair has body-slammed his way around rings for more than 25 years, a good chunk of it in and around Atlanta with Ted Turner's World Championship Wrestling. Flair returns Monday night with World Wrestling Entertainment, which bought WCW in 2001. He's featured on WWE's "Raw" program on SpikeTV, which broadcasts next week from Gwinnett Arena.

Is it bittersweet when you come back to the former home of WCW, a company you helped build? I've been wrestling in Atlanta since 1978, from the City Auditorium to the Omni. When I think of all the great names that passed through Atlanta, I realize it was truly a phenomenal time. I'm not sad at all that the company isn't open anymore. But I am sad for the people who lost their jobs, and the fact that a lot of history was handed off to people who didn't have any respect for it. I'm glad to be with WWE. The product is far superior.

You have a lot of fans in Atlanta. Do you get special treatment when you're out on the town? I used to. My wife doesn't let me go out when I'm in Atlanta anymore. I was there when they were building Buckhead. Back then wrestlers were held in a special place. We'd go out to clubs, and it was like we were the Rolling Stones. At clubs like Rupert's, you'd see Dominique Wilkins standing in line, but it wouldn't be any of us.

You're working with a new generation of wrestlers today. How do these guys compare to yesterday's talent? It's a different mind-set and a different business today. Triple H is a non-drinking, health-conscious guy. I told him if I would've gotten hold of him in 1985, it would be a different story.

Fellow wrestler Mick Foley had some frank things to say about you in his biography. When you're working with him, is it sometimes difficult not to let things get personal? No. As soon as he opens my book ("To Be the Man," coming in June), all he has to do is read Page 2 and he'll get his. If you're going to talk like that, you've got to be ready for the rebuttal.

If you were asked to pass the torch to another wrestler, who would it be? I already have. Shawn Michaels took it and Triple H has earned it. [Triple H] is clearly the best all-around wrestler in the business today.

> THE 411: $22-$42. 7:45 p.m. Monday. The Arena at Gwinnett Center, 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth. 404-249-6400, www.ticketmaster.com.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I heard that Flair could be finished as an active wrestler due to a niggling neck injury.

When he signed his latest contract, he wasn`t supposed to wrestle anywhere near as many matches as he has been, he was supposed to be a backstage celebrity who got mic time in the ring, much like he was in the WWE co-owner angle a few years ago.

However, due to him still turning in good matches, WWE have been overusing him in the squared circle.

And how about the return of Rock n Socko?
                                sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Working...