PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry speaks

Steve Savicki
02-09-2005, 01:30 PM
I want to talk to you today about the future of the Democratic Party and about a dramatic step that we can take to make our party stronger.

In 2004 you did something amazing. You helped build the largest, most aggressive grassroots effort in history -- and that has fundamentally changed the face of Democratic politics.

Thousands of you have written in about how to continue the fight. I believe the answer is to transform the movement you built into a permanent grassroots presence for the Democratic Party in every state across this nation. If we want to prevail in the 2006 elections, we've got to start mobilizing now.

To help kick-start this, I will make a contribution to support grassroots organizing at the Democratic National Committee in the amount of $1,000,000. Join me with a contribution of your own to show the incoming DNC Chair that you want to support organizing in your own community:

http://www.democrats.org/BuildTheParty

A new DNC Chair will be elected at the end of this week. Let's make sure that he has everything he needs to start strong. The Democratic Party should have powerful and nimble organizations in every single county and precinct. There's only one way to win - we've got to compete everywhere, all the time. Our party should be a constant positive presence in every American community, and we can be if we tap into the grassroots energy of volunteers.

In 2004, members of the JohnKerry.com email list alone knocked on millions of doors and staffed thousands of phone banks to reach out to voters. Members of our Media Corps had thousands of letters to the editor published; and members of our Phone Corps recruited tens of thousands of new volunteers to work in swing states. I know that for most of you, it was your first time volunteering with a campaign. None of that effort will be wasted as long as we keep building on what we started.

Together, your contribution will show the new DNC Chair that you want to keep working -- and it will show the Republicans that the movement you helped build in 2004 is stronger than ever:

Contributions will help pay for year-round organizers, ongoing recruitment and training of grassroots leaders, infrastructure such as phone banks and the latest technology to support field work.

The $1,000,000 I am pledging will come out of our campaign committee's funds. This is an investment in the incredible movement that you started last year - a movement that can continue to build our party, advance our values, and elect Democrats.

Thank you again for all you have done and all you will do in the future. Let's go to work and get it done.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

ELVIS
02-09-2005, 01:34 PM
grassroots grassroots grassroots grassroots grassroots grassroots

:rolleyes:

KICKITJOE!
02-09-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm a child molester.

ELVIS
02-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Exactly...

FORD
02-09-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure why Judas released this statement. We all know who it was who led the grassroots effort, and it wasn't him. We who did are still doing so, and now that Dean is chair, the DNC will benefit from it as well as DFA.

If Kerry wants to bring his own people on board, that's fine. But he doesn't need to appeal to the grass roots. We never left. :cool:

LoungeMachine
02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by KICKITJOE!
I'm a child molester.

That's Nice Joey......

BUT WHERE'S THE ONE MILLION DOLLARS YOU OWE ME FROM THE SUPERBOWL????

ELVIS
02-09-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm already tired of the "grassroots" catchphrase...

C'mon FORD...

Tell us just what "Dr. Howard Dean M.D." means when he says grassroots...

Steve Savicki
02-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
That's Nice Joey......

BUT WHERE'S THE ONE MILLION DOLLARS YOU OWE ME FROM THE SUPERBOWL????
Somebody ban this Joey.

Phil theStalker
02-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Can somebody fill me in on where the $20 million Kerry had for legal challenges to make sure "every vote is counted." Thank you.

Yeh, right.

He took a dive just like a reprobate boxer takes a dive and you don't just give $20 million back... there is an broken completeness and totality.

$1 million from Kerry.

Where's the party's other $19 million, Kerry, and how'd you git so fakking rich, Yale boneyman? huh

So everybody in D.C. from Kerry to Bush thinks everybody out in the country's been fooled on Iraq, on the election, on 9/11.

HA!

It's just building up pressure.

It's later than you think.

P

McCarrens
02-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Phil, you need to concentrate less on typing "It's later than you think" into all your messages and work on realizing that your views in no way reflect what America feels right now.

Also, Kerry got so "fakking rich" by marrying into a lot of green.

Everyone knows that.

LoungeMachine
02-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
Phil, you need to concentrate less on typing "It's later than you think" into all your messages and work on realizing that your views in no way reflect what America feels right now.

Who he hell are you to tell anyone what "America feels right now"????

I'll take any post of Phil's over your drivel anytime.

BTW, when has ANY society thought as a whole, ever in history????

..." no way reflect what America feels right now..."

What a moronic statement from a supposed "award winning jounalist"

Nickdfresh
02-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens

Also, Kerry got so "fakking rich" by marrying into a lot of green.

Everyone knows that.

Which is worse than Bush being born into it how?

academic punk
02-09-2005, 06:39 PM
FORD, it's just goofy that you resent him for this. Ultimately, it's for the party. With Dean as a chair. What's the problem?

Yes, it's a broadly written letter. That's b/c it's written to ANYONE and EVERYONE who reads the site. Chill. You'll live longer.

FORD
02-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
FORD, it's just goofy that you resent him for this. Ultimately, it's for the party. With Dean as a chair. What's the problem?

Yes, it's a broadly written letter. That's b/c it's written to ANYONE and EVERYONE who reads the site. Chill. You'll live longer.

Don't believe I mentioned resentment. It's just ridiculous that Judas IsKerryot is trying to take credit for the grass roots movement when he's DLC establishment all the way. He seems to forget easily how even his own campaign benefitted from the real grass roots movement around the middle of last summer.....

https://contribute.johnkerry.com/images/dean/bat_contribute.gif

Never would have done $500,000 in ONE DAY without Howard Dean's famous bat! :cool:

BigBadBrian
02-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Will Howie help Hillary get elected in '08?

FORD
02-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Will Howie help Hillary get elected in '08?

Jesus Christ Himself couldn't get Hillary Clinton elected, so I don't expect Howard Dean would either.

But we'll have a better candidate. One whose nose isn't up PNAC's ass.

Nickdfresh
02-10-2005, 11:08 AM
John Kerry just e-mailed me an update on the Dean Chairmanship! I am sooo lucky!:

Dear Nickdfresh,

We have a strong Democratic Party - and we need it to be stronger. Strong enough to turn back George Bush's efforts to privatize Social Security. Strong enough to insist that every child in America has health insurance. Strong enough to elect candidates committed to Democratic ideals at every level of government and in every region of our country.

On Saturday - just two days from now - Howard Dean will be elected as the new chair of the Democratic National Committee. He'll need the ideas, engagement and financial support of the entire Democratic Party to succeed.

Let's welcome Howard Dean and give him the groundswell of grassroots support he needs.

Let's send an unmistakable message to George Bush and his allies: In 2005, the Democratic Party is strong and united.

Again, it is just two days until Howard Dean becomes chairman. Please join me now in getting his efforts to strengthen our Party off to a record-setting start.

Thank you,

John Kerry