X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soul Reaper
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2005

Rage Against The Machine

I really like RATM, they had a unique sound in a time when grunge ruled the world. Their first album was awesome.
    ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore
  • DLR7884
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I would say that their first album was one of the best debut albums ever.

DLR7884
    Sounds like a new thread is gonna be put up....
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• CVHfan
      Roadie
      • Nov 2004

They were awesome. Even though people on this forum don't like
      rap-rock, RATM did it really well. The debut was great and "The Battle for Los Angeles" excellent.

Comment

• smaz
        Commando
        • Mar 2004

RATM are fantastic. One of my fave bands of all time, their build-ups in their songs are great, their style was unique, everything about them is fantastic. Their debut album was fantastic, as is Battle of Los Angeles.

Such a shame about Audioslave though....
        Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• DLR7884
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by smaz
          Such a shame about Audioslave though....

Meaning?

DLR7884
          ?
          DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Golden AWe
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

...and "Sleep now in the fire" is one of the tighest songs and coolest videos ever.

I'm not sharing many of their views, but my opinion is that rock and rollers can discuss politics too, if they want to and are intelligent enough. It's not necessarily my kind of rock, the political stuff, but hey, we're not all alike.
            Originally posted by Cato
            Golden, why are you FAT?
            Originally posted by lesfunk
            Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• smaz
              Commando
              • Mar 2004

Audioslave are 3 members of Rage. You would have thought that the music side of things would still be fantastic. But Audioslave are nothing compared to RATM.

Then again, I suppose it can happen. Van Hagar is 3 members of Van Halen, but they suck balls.

Also, as for their political side of things, I don't really think about that, or like it because of that. I just see them as one very talented band, with great tunes.
              Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• DLR7884
                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I'm glad Audioslave doesn't sound like RATM, personally. It's not the same band.

I think it's a crime that you just compared them to VH3.

DLR7884
                I can't name too many rock albums from this millenium that are as good as Audioslave's first album....can you?

Comment

• smaz
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2004

You have got a point actually, it is good that they don't sound the same. But still, I saw a video on T.V. or Audioslave live, and I thought it was awful. Cochise isn't bad, but got a bit overplayed, and Show Me How to Live is alright, but their other song I've heard, Like a Stone or whatever, was bollocks, I didn't like it.

Comment

• DLR7884
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by smaz
                    You have got a point actually, it is good that they don't sound the same. But still, I saw a video on T.V. or Audioslave live, and I thought it was awful. Cochise isn't bad, but got a bit overplayed, and Show Me How to Live is alright, but their other song I've heard, Like a Stone or whatever, was bollocks, I didn't like it.
                    That song was way overplayed....

Do you own the album?

DLR7884
                    For Christ's sake, you better before you state your opinion about the band.

Comment

• smaz
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2004

I don't wasn't impressed enough to get a copy. That song was on the music channels constantly when it came out, and got a bit boring after a while.

Comment

• CVHfan
                        Roadie
                        • Nov 2004

At least Audioslave had the decency to not sell us the idea that it was just Rage with a different singer, unlike some band we all know. Thus, they preserved the legacy of RATM.

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

The crazed singer would wear and tear, but some of it was pretty bombastic.

Comment

• loss of fools
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Oct 2004

ratm are good but i cant say i like audioslave i just plain dont like the singer

Comment

• Island Boy
                              Roadie
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
                              That song was way overplayed....

Do you own the album?

DLR7884
                              For Christ's sake, you better before you state your opinion about the band.

I totally agree with DLR7884 on all his statements about RATM and Audioslave.

If you havnt got there last DVD they put out you have to get it.
                              Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!

Comment

Working...